AR - Rep. Harris rehomed his adopted daughter to man who sexually abused her

Bumping this link, in case others want to listen to the full interview. (It's kinda buried in the thread.) Thank you, daisy7.

IMO, it's worth listening to, if you have interest in this case. (Wish it was in transcript format!)

Also, here is the JH/ MH press conference (where he took only 3 questions):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VepcMvz4IkQ

3202d77f.gif

In February of 2014, a few months before Eric Francis was arrested for sexually assaulting not only Harris’s six-year-old daughter, but two other girls as well, the Harrises learned that the girls would be going to live with a third family, to whom they signed over guardianship and gave consent for them to adopt the girls.

The reason for the Francis family to turn over the girls to a third family — before anyone knew the six-year-old had been abused — was not disclosed. At the new family’s request, the Harrises now have no contact with the girls.

harris-campaign-banner-pixelate-2.jpg

She was terrifying, but not so much that she couldn’t be used on Harris’s 2012 campaign website

Reuters’ excellent look at “rehoming” can be found here.
Mostly, it’s a whole bunch of pedophiles.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Thanks. The Reuters series is an eye-opener to the magnitude of depravity that has been going on for years now.

This rehoming truly upsets me!

In the way I see the world of adoption, the child is legally yours. You are responsible for another human beings life. The fact that you didn't give birth to the child you have chosen to adopt is not an acceptable reason to give that child away! It needs to be illegal, just as it is for a biological parent to give their child away. I am assuming it is illegal on this matter.

One thing that bothers me greatly is to hear parents say "this is my adoptive daughter or son". I want to tell them to leave the adoptive part off. It is not necessary to identify a child with that tag. To me, it's like saying "this is my autistic child". You adopted the child, the child is yours!

I get the feeling that this case is a good example of what we "suspect" too often, politicians get favors! IMO

Interesting JH bio on votesmart.org link

His education & experience is less than stellar. Notably, his experience revolves around preschool children.

3202d77f.gif

Education:

BA, Human Environmental Science, University of Arkansas
BS, Human and Child Development, University of Arkansas, , Grade Point Average of 3.0

Experience:

Owner, Growing God’s Kingdom Preschool, 2003-present
Director, Living Faith Preschool, 2000-2003
Administrative Assistant, EOA's Children's House, 1998-2000
Senior Merchandising Assistant, JC Penney, 1996-1998

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Here's info on some of the above:

EOA Children's House

Provide services to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old that have been abused or neglected. We are not a shelter, children come to our center after they have been placed in foster care, with another relative, or back with their parent(s).

Living Faith Preschool appears to be affiliated with Living Faith Church, as the addresses are the same. No info on licensing.

Not sure when they last updated the info, as it states he has 4 children and lists their names. One, of which is definitely female.

I haven't even read the whole thread but just have to comment.

I watched the whole interview with Harris and have concluded he is FOS and unfit to hold public office of any kind. He is using little children and gaming the system. I don't see how anyone can watch and listen to the interview without seeing this person as (I believe) he truly is. There is something terribly wrong with this person and the wife as far as I'm concerned. One look and a listen to him is all I need to know.

Of course DHS needs overhauling to the point of cleaning house and starting over. BUT, this guy is a narcissist who thinks he knows better than anyone. His choices weren't too valid when he couldn't see through Francis. How dare Harris hold the lives and futures of these little girls in his hands and just throw them away!

Rehoming? There should be no such thing, IMO. How do people live with themselves who decide to give children away? I am furious about this situation because of the children involved. Who has the right to play with children's lives?

My post probably doesn't make any sense to anyone because there is so much I would like to say but can't phrase it properly right now.

MOO.....................:tantrum:

By the time the Harris adoption went before a juvenile judge in the summer of 2012, Cheryl said, many on the DHS team had changed their recommendations. "Everyone testifying before the judge had stipulations, like 'to be followed up', 'to continue their therapy at Children's House [a specialized treatment center for abused kids],' but nobody would say, 'We really don't think this is a good idea.'

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...mily-disputes-key-staments-from-justin-harris

*BBM. More interesting connections. Same "Children's House" that JH and MH met and worked at, and JH lists in his bio (in shadowraiths's post above).

So, you have to wonder if this is where JH met the bio-mom of the 3 girls, who he describes as calling him out of the blue, and asking him to adopt her girls, because she was about to lose custody.

Re-homing family values in the grand old tradition, I guess.

I haven't even read the whole thread but just have to comment.

I watched the whole interview with Harris and have concluded he is FOS and unfit to hold public office of any kind. He is using little children and gaming the system. I don't see how anyone can watch and listen to the interview without seeing this person as (I believe) he truly is. There is something terribly wrong with this person and the wife as far as I'm concerned. One look and a listen to him is all I need to know.

Of course DHS needs overhauling to the point of cleaning house and starting over. BUT, this guy is a narcissist who thinks he knows better than anyone. His choices weren't too valid when he couldn't see through Francis. How dare Harris hold the lives and futures of these little girls in his hands and just throw them away!

Rehoming? There should be no such thing, IMO. How do people live with themselves who decide to give children away? I am furious about this situation because of the children involved. Who has the right to play with children's lives?

My post probably doesn't make any sense to anyone because there is so much I would like to say but can't phrase it properly right now.

MOO.....................:tantrum:

I agree. The entire rehoming concept is barbaric. How did state agencies get to this point that it is even allowed is my question. There seems to have been political favors and financial favors that took priority and that is so wrong, it truly is sickening.

Is the preschool actually part of a church? JH goes to great lengths to discuss that the preschool is a privately owned family business. Says that on his official legislative bio page as well.

His religious affiliation is listed differently in several sources.

Harris became well known in Arkansas in 2011 when articles began flying about how the government was basically financing his church preschool. Here are a few quotes that seem relevant to his rehoming issue and also, in answer to your question, apparently he does see it (or at least portray it) as part of a church.
Harris makes a living running what he calls a "church preschool," Growing God's Kingdom. . . . Harris' business depends almost entirely on taxpayers for its existence and the money he and other family members make from it. . . . Harris has perhaps a dozen undocumented students among his 150 pre-schoolers. http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/hypocrite-watch-rep-justin-harris/Content?oid=1562968

"And at the hearing, the ad litem attorney — you know, the one who is representing only the interests of the children — said, 'When we met less than a couple of days ago, everyone's recommendation was for these kids to not go to this home. Now, what has happened in the last 24 hours that everyone's recommendation has changed?'"

"Harris' face was getting all red," Cheryl said. "And the ad litem asked him, 'Did you make calls?' And he finally said, 'I did what I had to do to get these girls.' I expected the judge would [stop the adoption] but she gave them the oldest girl." The younger two soon followed.

Why. That is the question. I would love to know the name of the PR firm that handled this CF of a presser and I would love to know what he told them. It never occurred to Harris that there were people out there who could and would tell the truth?

I would like to know if there was any kind of financial support that passed between Harris and bio mom.

More inconsistencies from Justin Harris.

From the Friday interview with Drew Pertimoulx:

“Out of the blue, a mother that heard that we were wanting to adopt, literally through a friend heard about us … and so she called us out of the blue…and said ‘will you take my three girls, ’cause I’m about ready to lose them to DHS,’ and we said we’ll think about it, and she didn’t call us back for about six months after that, and then she did and we said, yes, we’ll take your three girls.'”

So, here JH says the bio mom called "out of the blue" because she was "about ready to lose them (the 3 girls) to DHS." Yet, the all 3 girls were already in foster care at the time-- and had BEEN in foster care for a year and a half, and the older girl was in a different, separate therapeutic foster family. I call BS on JH's story-- there are some serious, bald faced lies being told here, IMO.

(*More details on the fostering situation that preceded the adoption at link.)

A former DHS employee contacted by the Times confirmed that the Harts were indeed the foster family of the two younger girls (that is, the ones written about in our original story on the Harris case). The Harts provided an "excellent home," said the employee, who is familiar with the details of the Harris adoption.

The third sister, who would have been about 6 when she entered the Harris home, was fostered at a different household that provided specialized therapeutic care for troubled children. The Harts had some contact with her as well, since DHS would sometimes arrange for the siblings to visit one another.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...mily-disputes-key-staments-from-justin-harris

I agree. The entire rehoming concept is barbaric. How did state agencies get to this point that it is even allowed is my question. There seems to have been political favors and financial favors that took priority and that is so wrong, it truly is sickening.

I don't think that there was a process of anyone "allowing" rehoming as much as it having sprung up without any authorities, or the people who make laws, being aware of it. The internet has taken a practice that was long used informally within families to allow family members to ensure that children are cared for (grandparent custody and the like) and blew it up to ridiculous proportions.

But, I think it has also been fed by a couple of other factors. One is the growth of international adoptions and a lack of oversight. Some families go this route to get kids that they believe are whiter and less likely to have behavioral/medical issues. In some cases other countries have played into this, and in other cases dubious agencies have provided connections. Another wrinkle to the international adoption field has been "quivering" families, like the Duggars, whose religious beliefs lead them to a belief that more is better in terms of children and that they are to raise up armies for the Lord. Many such families have gone to countries with lax adoption regulation, returning home with multiple adoptees.

In all of these cases (as well as the Harrises who apparently pushed their way through to adoption of some kids with serious histories of abuse) families are ill-prepared and poorly supported. Many who came in with the notion that love, or discipline would magically make all the hurts go away, have been sadly disappointed and quickly overwhelmed. Some children have been disciplined to death.

As an adoptive parent, I am fully willing to concede that the authorities are clumsy at best when it comes to placements, determinations, preparations and ongoing support. But, they are the best we have, and we need to work at shoring up their legal authority and resources.

I don't think that there was a process of anyone "allowing" rehoming as much as it having sprung up without any authorities, or the people who make laws, being aware of it. The internet has taken a practice that was long used informally within families to allow family members to ensure that children are cared for (grandparent custody and the like) and blew it up to ridiculous proportions.

But, I think it has also been fed by a couple of other factors. One is the growth of international adoptions and a lack of oversight. Some families go this route to get kids that they believe are whiter and less likely to have behavioral/medical issues. In some cases other countries have played into this, and in other cases dubious agencies have provided connections. Another wrinkle to the international adoption field has been "quivering" families, like the Duggars, whose religious beliefs lead them to a belief that more is better in terms of children and that they are to raise up armies for the Lord. Many such families have gone to countries with lax adoption regulation, returning home with multiple adoptees.

In all of these cases (as well as the Harrises who apparently pushed their way through to adoption of some kids with serious histories of abuse) families are ill-prepared and poorly supported. Many who came in with the notion that love, or discipline would magically make all the hurts go away, have been sadly disappointed and quickly overwhelmed. Some children have been disciplined to death.

As an adoptive parent, I am fully willing to concede that the authorities are clumsy at best when it comes to placements, determinations, preparations and ongoing support. But, they are the best we have, and we need to work at shoring up their legal authority and resources.

BBM. I'm not going to pretend ignorance is the reason this case happened. A legislator who has also adopted children is well aware of the process of adoption. It wasn't "clumsily" handled nor did it have anything to do with lack of resources. It was intentionally mishandled and children have been harmed.

JMO

So, Cecile Blucker, head of DCFS, was JH's close confidante when he needed pressure to "hurry up" the adoption, over the objections of the local adoption team. BUT-- his close relationship with Cecile Blucker prevented him from getting help from DHS, when things become difficult at home?? Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth! Which story are we supposed to believe??

BBM. I'm thinking there should be LOUD and STRIDENT calls in Arkansas for the AG to appoint a special prosecutor to look into this mess.

There are those of us who are trying. So far, the response is mute.

3202d77f.gif

For abandoning troubled children into the questionable care of others, both Harrises should investigated for child neglect – and that investigation should not be done by DHS. No agency is capable of policing itself.

If Justin and Marsha Harris neglected and abandoned their adopted daughters, they should be listed in the Child Maltreatment Central Registry, which lists people who have been found to have committed child abuse and/or child neglect. I’ve represented parents who have been listed in the registry and had their other children removed from their custody for less.

Listing them in that registry would disqualify them from operating a daycare or preschool. No more state funds would go to support that patently religious institution run by a state legislator, something that is entirely unconstitutional to begin with. Another problem solved.

Furthermore, Justin and Marsha Harris must be forthcoming with proof that they forwarded the adoption subsidy to the girls’ actual caretakers. The subsidy is taxpayer money intended to get treatment and assistance for children whose natural parents have already abused and/or neglected them to the point of getting their parental rights terminated. If someone other than their caretakers was getting the government assistance intended to address these children’s emotional, physical, developmental, and medical needs, that’s fraud.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

There are those of us who are trying. So far, the response is mute.
Sad but true. Even MSM is largely silent on this travesty.

3202d77f.gif

For abandoning troubled children into the questionable care of others, both Harrises should investigated for child neglect – and that investigation should not be done by DHS. No agency is capable of policing itself.

If Justin and Marsha Harris neglected and abandoned their adopted daughters, they should be listed in the Child Maltreatment Central Registry, which lists people who have been found to have committed child abuse and/or child neglect. I’ve represented parents who have been listed in the registry and had their other children removed from their custody for less.

Listing them in that registry would disqualify them from operating a daycare or preschool. No more state funds would go to support that patently religious institution run by a state legislator, something that is entirely unconstitutional to begin with. Another problem solved.

Furthermore, Justin and Marsha Harris must be forthcoming with proof that they forwarded the adoption subsidy to the girls’ actual caretakers. The subsidy is taxpayer money intended to get treatment and assistance for children whose natural parents have already abused and/or neglected them to the point of getting their parental rights terminated. If someone other than their caretakers was getting the government assistance intended to address these children’s emotional, physical, developmental, and medical needs, that’s fraud.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Exactly. Very well said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member