MA MA - Dorchester, 2 BlkMales, poss 'Clayton' 14-16 (UP12973), & 'Hooker' 15-17 (UP12972), Oct'88

I've been trying for years to find a match for a young minority male (possibly Black/Hispanic) found in Cleveland area in 1991. So I can attest that it doesn't seem like young black male disappearances were handled all that well in those days. I've really had trouble finding anyone that could remotely be my guy. Please if at some time a potential match surfaces for these guys that might be also worth having checked against my kid in Cleveland PM me! I'll do the same. Thanks!

I recall reading about this man, Monsignor Richard Albert, http://www.opusprize.org/winners/04_albert.cfm

I wonder if he would have any ideas, if he were contacted? What do you think?

At this point I am not even sure what the Bronx connection is. I was unaware there were kids leaving Jamaica and coming here via the Bronx. I need some research on that angle.

It would not surprise me if The Rev. Msgr. Albert would remember every child he has come across in his charitable work for the poor. These are throw-away kids, the kind that no one will miss if you shoot them in the head with a foam silencer. Must be worth a contact.

So I Emailed Msgr. Albert. It's worth a shot. Thanks so much for that information FindHG.

:cow:

Gosh! That's great you did. You're wonderful to do it and so welcome.

A thought occurred, could the silencer left at the scene, besides having been used for practical reasons, been a message to some other shady characters on the part of the perp/s? What was going on there at the time?

Hi I'm a long time lerker here :D

I was thinking that maybe those boys could have been reported missing from Jamaica or some other country instead of the U.S or maybe they were never reported missing (this seems the most plausable) Hmm I think I'll search other missing persons databases for other countries

Hi I'm a long time lerker here :D

I was thinking that maybe those boys could have been reported missing from Jamaica or some other country instead of the U.S or maybe they were never reported missing (this seems the most plausable) Hmm I think I'll search other missing persons databases for other countries

Welcome, Keyah!

:daisy:

Great of you to pitch in. I wouldn't know where to begin doing such a search. So good of you to do.

:welcome4:

Gosh! That's great you did. You're wonderful to do it and so welcome.

A thought occurred, could the silencer left at the scene, besides having been used for practical reasons, been a message to some other shady characters on the part of the perp/s? What was going on there at the time?

Unfortunately the Email came back as undeliverable. :tantrum:

hmm. Try this He may have ideas, hopefully. Sorry to hear that, I'll keep looking for his direct contact info

i think they probably were "duffle bag boys". larger scale dealers used young boys to carry their stuff in bags. there was a bag left at the scene. wonder if they ever tested it for presence of narcotics?

They may not have been reported missing out of fear from the families. If they were jamican and here on a work visa and it expired they would be illegal technically.

Is it known why the cops think they have possible names?

I am guessing that they had been around town for at least a few hours and people had spoken to them.

*bumping*

Has anybody tried to share this story with West Indians on social media? It's always possible that their parents live in the Caribbean. Also, do they know they are Jamaican or is that just an assumption? There are lots of Islands and usually those of us who dwell on the mainland are terrible at distinguishing the accents.

It's mentioned in the VICAP report Bessie posted upthread (it's like the second or third post), but I don't see anything about what grounds they have for thinking that.

I've shared the FBI/Boston Police info with a Jamaican community organizer with strong ties back to the island. She says that nobody recognizes these boys but that someone would be missing them, given their hairstyles, clothing. She feels they were well cared for.

One possibility is that after they went missing their family in New York eventually returned to the Caribbean, so they haven't seen the very recent media push in New York.

She and I discussed the possibility, which she feels to be very strong, that they came from a different island. She said that when Americans hear West Indian accents they immediately believe the other person is Jamaican. She said they could be Bahamian, Haitian, from the US Virgin Islands, et cetera. Yes, she said Haitians get taken for Jamaicans in the States.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back