VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a theory and it's not at all a pleasant one. It's also entirely based on speculation about the timeline and what we do know and do not know, from msm links & the family's FB page. Feel free to shoot as many holes in it, as it needs (or ignore it completely):

Mom last sees AJ Monday morning when she leaves for work. She (mom) says AJ had no plans for that day. Yet AJ does go out, and is seen by at least one person and meets at least one other person (maybe more?) At some point between the time mom left for work and the next morning when she gets the mystery texts from AJ, AJ met up with someone that did her harm. Either by intent or by accident. If by intent, the person who did this had no plans that AJ would ever be found so he (or she?) got rid of her. If by accident, the person likely panicked thinking he (or she) would never be believed if they called 911. Maybe because they have a questionable character or is someone already known to LE. Whoever it was and however it happened... the person kept AJ's phone for the purpose of texting family (mom specifically) later to throw them off the trail, and let them think AJ was fine somewhere & just needed some space.

I know, this is really out there, yeah? :( I just don't think she's away willingly or at least 1 of her friends would have heard from her by now. I also don't think the texts to her mom were from her. I also think local LE has a pretty good idea what really went down that Monday and they're getting all their ducks in a row, so to speak.

ALL MOO. Okay, fire away.

Okay - my last addition. If you only pay attention to one of my comments, please let it be this one. This is all IMO of course.

The text message story is absolutely, completely some sort of weird grasp at straws to find anything else to place the blame on. There is pure journalistic manipulation going on and it scares me.

In the WAVY 10 article that reveals the new information about an apparent predator, this is what her family says about the text messages:
  • "This person supposedly said that he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn’t think it was a good idea." - cousin
  • "She was more worried that this person would maybe do something." - cousin
  • "I’d say she’s screaming 'help!'" - stepdad
  • "She was scared of a situation." -stepdad

This is a quote from the article:
Text messages sent by Hadsell to friends in late February about the person said, “I should probably stop texting him back,” and “HELP.”

Wow. Those texts sound terrifying, right? Clearly a logical person would think that whoever kidnapped her is the same person who she was apparently terrified of and being threatened by.

Hm, well. Wait a second. Let's take a look at THE ACTUAL TEXT MESSAGES. They were shown on the WAVY 10 TV news. I screencapped them.
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 4.16.10 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 4.16.23 PM.png

Okay - I really don't mean to be patronizing at all, but I get the feeling that I'm much younger than a lot of my fellow WSers. I'm going to talk a bit about the contents of those text messages, in case some of you aren't familiar with iMessage or emoji. I did my BA in Media Studies, so this is my area of expertise. Emoji is becoming its own language. The more common emojis have pretty specific emotions attached to them. They are used in place of things like "lol" now.

The screencaps of the text messages clearly came from her cousin's cell phone. AJ is the white on the left, her cousin is the blue on the right. Her cousin must have screencapped her conversation and given it to LE/family/media, whatever.

Let's dissect. The cousin sends AJ two "information desk" emojis. It may not be clear in the capture, but it is basically a smiling woman with her hand raised up and off to the side as if to say "oh well!" It is also called the "sassy girl emoji." This is NOT something you send to a person in distress. This is NOT something you send if you're genuinely concerned about a person's well being. This emoji is used when you're teasing someone. People use it to accompany sarcastic remarks.

AJ says
You said I should probably stop texting him back

This indicates that AJ was fine with texting whoever "this person" was. She was engaging in a conversation with him/her until her cousin told her she should "probably" stop. I imagine this was very basic advice. If I told my friends someone was annoying me via text, they would tell me that I should probably stop texting that person. If I told my friends I feared for my life and someone was scaring me via text, they would tell me I should definitely stop texting that person, block them, and tell someone about it.

AJ says
I'm just gonna stay out of this conversation *cry-laughing emoji*

The emoji she sends at the end of that sentence says everything. It is a laughing emoji. Emojipedia (see? this is the future of communication) says "A laughing emoji which at small sizes is often mistaken for being tears of sadness. In fact , this emoji is laughing so much that it is crying tears of joy." That emoji is used when a situation is SO crazy/funny/ridiculous that you're laughing until you're crying. Not exactly the kind of thing that someone who is scared for her life would use.

AJ says

Texts that are sent in that format (all caps, short word/phrase, new text for each one) are meant to redirect or round-out a conversation. Also, using the word "HELP" or exaggerating your emotions is a very common thing. A big part of humor now is irony: the more you pretend that your situation is far more dire than it is, the better. Everyone loves this moment on TV when Paris Hilton sighs "I'm gonna kill myself" when she gets to her hotel and the hot water isn't working. I literally just today got a text from my friend that said "OMG HELP" and then she said "TACOS ARE 3 FOR A DOLLAR." The tone of the conversation was very clearly casual and normal.

You can hear it for yourself in the WAVY video. Listen to her cousin at 0:45. I can feel in her voice that she knows she's misrepresenting the conversation.

Family, media, LE... SOMEONE is desperate for SOMETHING to go on. This tiny bit of one normal conversation had been opportunistically blown out of proportion. I would truly bet my money on these texts being absolutely irrelevant to what has happened.

Bringing this description forward to the new thread

As for clothes, this is what was passed on to us today at the search:
Jacket : light blue track jacket from her college
Pants : black leggings
Shirt: bright pink
Shoes: black uggs type boots
jewelry: one ring and a thin Harry Potter necklace
She also had a white spandex headband on at the time
Her phone case was a black otter box on a white iPhone5s. The case had a card hold on the back that held her school id and her debit card. That's all they gave us.

posted by Molly Mcquire

I think I've identified the Harry Potter necklace Anjelica may have been wearing based on her pictures. I also have a time turner necklace so I recognized it right away.
1503359_10206133915093394_274923754467897661_n.jpg

So anyone searching and anyone keeping their eye out for AJ, look for this necklace:
Time turner-chain_NN7017.jpg

Okay - my last addition. If you only pay attention to one of my comments, please let it be this one. This is all IMO of course.

The text message story is absolutely, completely some sort of weird grasp at straws to find anything else to place the blame on. There is pure journalistic manipulation going on and it scares me.

In the WAVY 10 article that reveals the new information about an apparent predator, this is what her family says about the text messages:
  • "This person supposedly said that he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn’t think it was a good idea." - cousin

Wow. Those texts sound terrifying, right? Clearly a logical person would think that whoever kidnapped her is the same person who she was apparently terrified of and being threatened by.

Hm, well. Wait a second. Let's take a look at THE ACTUAL TEXT MESSAGES. They were shown on the WAVY 10 TV news. I screencapped them.
View attachment 71102
View attachment 71103

Okay - I really don't mean to be patronizing at all, but I get the feeling that I'm much younger than a lot of my fellow WSers. I'm going to talk a bit about the contents of those text messages, in case some of you aren't familiar with iMessage or emoji. I did my BA in Media Studies, so this is my area of expertise. Emoji is becoming its own language. The more common emojis have pretty specific emotions attached to them. They are used in place of things like "lol" now.

The screencaps of the text messages clearly came from her cousin's cell phone. AJ is the white on the left, her cousin is the blue on the right. Her cousin must have screencapped her conversation and given it to LE/family/media, whatever.

Let's dissect. The cousin sends AJ two "information desk" emojis. It may not be clear in the capture, but it is basically a smiling woman with her hand raised up and off to the side as if to say "oh well!" It is also called the "sassy girl emoji." This is NOT something you send to a person in distress. This is NOT something you send if you're genuinely concerned about a person's well being. This emjoi is used when you're teasing someone. People use it to accompany sarcastic remarks.

AJ says

This indicates that AJ was fine with texting whoever "this person" was. She was engaging in a conversation with him/her until her cousin told her she should "probably" stop. I imagine this was very basic advice. If I told my friends someone was annoying me via text, they would tell me that I should probably stop texting that person. If I told my friends I feared for my life and someone was scaring me via text, they would tell me I should definitely stop texting that person, block them, and tell someone about it.

AJ says

The emoji she sends at the end of that sentence says everything. It is a laughing emoji. Emojipedia (see? this is the future of communication) says "A laughing emoji which at small sizes is often mistaken for being tears of sadness. In fact , this emoji is laughing so much that it is crying tears of joy." That emoji is used when a situation is SO crazy/funny/ridiculous that you're laughing until you're crying. Not exactly the kind of thing that someone who is scared for her life would use.

AJ says

Texts that are sent in that format (all caps, short word/phrase, new text for each one) are meant to redirect or round-out a conversation. Also, using the word "HELP" or exaggerating your emotions is a very common thing. A big part of humor now is irony: the more you pretend that your situation is far more dire than it is, the better. Everyone loves this moment on TV when Paris Hilton sighs "I'm gonna kill myself" when she gets to her hotel and the hot water isn't working. I literally just today got a text from my friend that said "OMG HELP" and then she said "TACOS ARE 3 FOR A DOLLAR." The tone of the conversation was very clearly casual and normal.

You can hear it for yourself in the WAVY video. Listen to her cousin at 0:45. I can feel in her voice that she knows she's misrepresenting the conversation.

Family, media, LE... SOMEONE is desperate for SOMETHING to go on. This tiny bit of one normal conversation had been opportunistically blown out of proportion. I would truly bet my money on these texts being absolutely irrelevant to what has happened.
I love how you dissected this to the T. Thank you.

Okay, a few posts coming your way from me.

On the last thread, I questioned why WH would wait until a week later and then disclose that he has seen her at noon.

Elizabella had a great response:

Just wanted to point out that that makes even more sense now, given that we're suddenly being told they met at a location which might have had surveillance.

He also could have waited for the cameras to tape over his meeting with her but I just feel like nothing that comes out of his mouth is not truthful, IMO.

I keep checking in expecting to see "ARREST". I can't believe this is still rolling around.

Good job-, probably makes somebody's heart happy. Well, it still has had the pictures changed- both have since her missing. So- I don't know the rules on that. Either someone knew her password or what- fb makes allowances for missing people? I am not thinking so.

Those are the same pictures I remember from when she was first reported missing. The cover photo is dated Jan. 21 and the profile picture is private. It's very possible that I missed something, so I'm wondering how you know the pictures have changed since she went missing?

I love how you dissected this to the T. Thank you.

I too thank Luckyseven for that analysis!

I rather dismissed the text messages too, when I saw them on screen. Unless there's a whole lot more that we didn't see, I found them innocuous, and certainly not evidence of a threatening or scary situation.

I also agree about media manipulation.

View attachment 71102
View attachment 71103

Let's dissect. The cousin sends AJ two "information desk" emojis. It may not be clear in the capture, but it is basically a smiling woman with her hand raised up and off to the side as if to say "oh well!" It is also called the "sassy girl emoji." This is NOT something you send to a person in distress. This is NOT something you send if you're genuinely concerned about a person's well being. This emoji is used when you're teasing someone. People use it to accompany sarcastic remarks.

AJ says

AJ says

AJ says

So awesome observation :loveyou: because while I did look at that picture I didn't really read into it. But I believe you are right on with this one. Almost like she might have been talking or leading someone on a bit but being friendly. Maybe too friendly. From what I read around people are always saying how nice she was. She probably didn't or doesn't want to hurt someones feelings (a boy) by telling him she's not into him or wants to date him. That's kind of what I might read into it. The HELP might be like a plea for help like how do I handle this situation not HELP me I'm in real trouble. I wonder what emoji was deleted out of that screen shot though. I think it might be an emoji because the block is so little or either it was a LOL and they didn't want to put that in because it would take away from them trying to portray a seriousness like they are now.

Bringing this description forward to the new thread

I think I've identified the Harry Potter necklace Anjelica may have been wearing based on her pictures. I also have a time turner necklace so I recognized it right away.
View attachment 71108

So anyone searching and anyone keeping their eye out for AJ, look for this necklace:
View attachment 71109

Hey! Lol I have one too!

Those are the same pictures I remember from when she was first reported missing. The cover photo is dated Jan. 21 and the profile picture is private. It's very possible that I missed something, so I'm wondering how you know the pictures have changed since she went missing?

Hmm, I could be crazy, and probably so. But, I could swear the profile pic is different, not the cover pic. Bc I thought, geez what is going on. But, if no one else thinks so, then I am probably wrong. And that is better that way.

View attachment 71102
View attachment 71103

AJ says

AJ says

AJ says

And it is clear from the screen caps that the context of "help" is to her cousin to give her advice and not stay out of it. Nothing more and nothing sinister.

I don't believe, however, that it is journalistic manipulation, but rather attempted manipulation of the journalist/media/situation. Reminding me more and more of Mr Meyers in Vegas.

JMOO.

So awesome observation :loveyou: because while I did look at that picture I didn't really read into it. But I believe you are right on with this one. Almost like she might have been talking or leading someone on a bit but being friendly. Maybe too friendly. From what I read around people are always saying how nice she was. She probably didn't or doesn't want to hurt someones feelings (a boy) by telling him she's not into him or wants to date him. That's kind of what I might read into it. The HELP might be like a plea for help like how do I handle this situation not HELP me I'm in real trouble. I wonder what emoji was deleted out of that screen shot though. I think it might be an emoji because the block is so little or either it was a LOL and they didn't want to put that in because it would take away from them trying to portray a seriousness like they are now.

I think AJ probably typed her cousin's name there and then the news edited it out as a precaution :)

I agree that the texts are a red herring. Something to point to for misdirection, deflection, imo. Saying 'so I shouldn't text him back?' is not the same thing as a SCREAM FOR HELP. It sounds to me like she is kind of flirty with someone and realizes it may hurt her relationship if the guy 'tries something' if they hang out. That is just flirting with 'danger'--in an innocent teen college life way, imo. If it was truly a psycho stalker the cops would have seen the texts already and snatched the guy up.

I'd like to know more about the white car. Since it was a minute behind her, it was not really 'following' her in the true definition of the word. It means the person must have already known where she lived if they were a minute behind her before reaching her driveway. And IMO, it if were a planned abduction, they would not have come and parked their car in her driveway in broad daylight. It sounds more like she had planned to meet up with someone and they came by to pick her up. OR it was a friend that dropped by briefly to return or borrow something. My daughter and her friends always exchanged clothes and accessories, drove me nuts.

If it was one of her friends the others would recognize the car description. If it was a planned meeting there should be a trail of texts or calls. Maybe she ran into a friend in town and said meet me back at home and we will go out to eat etc. Have to figure out who it is OBVIOUSLY as it may be the last person she was seen with. IF it is not a red herring too.

View attachment 71102
View attachment 71103

AJ says

AJ says

AJ says

Yes. This. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member