VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a work van and it was parked at the house already.

Zach, if WH wasn't living at the home at the time, why would he park his work van there? So he'd park the work van there at night, take the red truck back to the hotel then do a reverse again in the morning on his way to work? If that's the case (and I'm just guessing) then why the big story about dropping the truck off for AJ because she needed it the next day? Wouldn't it have been there the next day anyway? Again, just assuming this was why the work truck was there that morning. (Sorry if it feels like you're fielding 8 million questions, we're all just trying to make sense of what really happened that day, in hopes it leads us to where Anjelica actually went).

Well, I have 3 theories.

The first is of course the elephant in the room, and that doesn't look good.

Second, someone wanted revenge or to frame the elephant, and he does make a good target with past and present behavior. Criminals don't typically have the best of characters hanging around. The whole birds of a feather flock together....

Third, AJ decided to leave on her own, and it's possible. It's also possible to voluntarily have a plan to leave, but something happens you weren't prepared for. It's not uncommon for teens to go someone for Spring Break with a group of friends or a special friend, but we've not really seen any evidence that this was to occur and her core group of friends seem to have no idea where she is.

I've noticed most SM of core friends is rather calm to what it was the first few days of her disappearance. Not sure if that is due to the their fear, if LE asked them to tone it or not speak, their using another SM that isn't visible to us, they are all exhausted mentally and physically and don't know what to do, etc. I don't see anything that has thrown up any huge red flags among her friends, so I truly believe they are missing their friend and are scared.

AJ needs a voice and NOW! Either Mom, ZH, aunt, uncle, cousin, someone needs to step up as spokesperson and soon to keep this in the media and publics view. People's attention span is so short that they'll soon be focused on something else or another missing person, and AJ will be lost.

While we've sleuthed thousands of missing person cases, most families have not, and don't have have a clue how to proceed. Most have difficulty just putting one foot in front of the other in such a crisis.

Local media groups are the best bet for getting the correct information out there, and keeping AJ's face and name in the public's mind!! Don't go with just anyone that contacts wanting to do an interview. Some have motives that aren't good. Trust the local media!! If a national media group wants an interview, WONDERFUL!! The broader their media reaches the better!! But any individual without credentials as a true reporter, don't listen to them, don't speak to them!!!

MANY places like Office Max, Office Supply, Staples, and local printing shops will typically print the flyers for free, and some will do banners, magnets for vehicles etc. One great way to get the flyers out there is to head to a parking lot and put them on every vehicle parked there! Many won't see a flyer on a light pole, and many don't pay attention to ones hung in stores. That was shown on an investigative program once. Missing child was playing at the play ground with flyers all around of him missing, and not a single person reported seeing the child playing right there beside the flyers!!! Get those flyers in the people's hands!!! MAKE them see AJ's face!!

Sam's club, Walmart, Food Lion, and local vendors will typically donate food, water, gatorade, etc for searches. Those can be asked for even if the searches are for LE only! If local, call and ask LE what they need for their searchers!

IF LE will accept outside help, get some search and rescue groups in there. LE might not need the help right now if they have enough man power, finances, etc. But can't hurt to ask. Typically that request MUST come from family!! Most groups will NOT come in without LE and Family asking!!! Most search and rescue groups will reach out to the community and ask for volunteers. They'll have each volunteer sign in, show identification, and then are sent out with a trained searcher. They'll give specific instructions on what to do if you think you find something of interest. As in DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! Don't tweet about it, don't instagram it, etc. Notify the trained searcher who will mark it, and call it in.

Prayer vigils, like the softball team did help keep this in the media!! Important that the community not forget!!

And it would be wonderful if LE would give a press update!!! Their word holds much more weight, and let's the public know they are still on the case, and for anyone to report anything they have seen or heard.

My prayers continue for AJ and her loved ones. Wish I was closer to help, but sharing her missing flyer and sleuthing here is all I can do from this distance.

Thank you for going into detail regarding what to do when a loved one goes missing. This is invaluable info to have if the unthinkable happens. I hope I never need this,but thanks for
taking the time to put it out here.

Zach, if WH wasn't living at the home at the time, why would he park his work van there? So he'd park the work van there at night, take the red truck back to the hotel then do a reverse again in the morning on his way to work? If that's the case (and I'm just guessing) then why the big story about dropping the truck off for AJ because she needed it the next day? Wouldn't it have been there the next day anyway? Again, just assuming this was why the work truck was there that morning. (Sorry if it feels like you're fielding 8 million questions, we're all just trying to make sense of what really happened that day, in hopes it leads us to where Anjelica actually went).

Maybe he's not comfortable having the work van parked at a motel?

Hadsell said he broke in to do his own detective work and spent roughly 18 minutes inside the home. That’s where he says he found his daughter’s Longwood University club softball jacket with her name stitched on the front. He also said he did not honestly share that information with police.

“We see forensics vans out doing things, we don’t get calls, we don’t get notified,” Hadsell said. “So why should I share it with the police department, something they in turn won’t share with me? It’s our daughter not their daughter …

http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/bond-denied-for-missing-teens-dad/

Did anyone else see on Joe Fisher's Twitter page that 2 women's bodies were found in a house in Chesapeake? Probably unrelated but thought I'd share....

I think the site is acting up. I know it is for me.
It is for me also. I thought it was my tablet & went to my laptop which is also messing up.

Will you be updating the timeline with the events of this weekend? That is an awesome reference tool and I appreciate it very much.

Craigslist or unknown Abductee theory

We did explore this early on in the discussion, in Thread 2 I think (along with many other angles) and threw it out because the evidence is too inconsistent with that kind of scenario. As others here have said, there would also be at least one clue to this on her computer or phone, or friends who could have been near her. As far as we know, all friends have been looked at and cleared. This means they had a solid alibi or otherwise don't match what evidence LE does have.

The first question is, would AJ have used Craigslist? The feel I get with younger people is that it isn't as popular as it once was, and is known for being seedy.

With that said, let's still look it over in more detail as part of trying to put together Aj's activities that day. There are about 4 listings for a goPro on Norfolk Craigslist before March 3, only two of those she might have considered based on location or price. I am confident LE checked this out if they think it is relevant. If they do, they have probably asked Craigslist for logs so know if there were listings that have since expired or been deleted. It is worth mentioning that one of the listings stated a pickup location about 15 mins north of the search location off Battlefield and Volvo Parkway. There are other points of interest closer to that site, though.

A GoPro is not something that a trafficker would probably choose as a lure, since the listing is very specific and can easily expire before it gets any bites. They tend to choose things like rentals, roomates, iphones or other broader topics that they can more easily tailor to attract a certain type and which will get more hits. Chat rooms ae dating sites are more common than Craigslist IMO. Sex trafficking in particular tends to not resort to high-risk situations like classified or daytime abductions, and is not likely to target a girl like AJ that could trigger a high profile search (they go for girls with no connection, lower class, homeless, drug abusers, prostitutes, runaways, and especially under 18 and like to scope victims out first). I am confident the FBI are looking at this angle as hard as they can. Here are some resource that gives some astute information

https://sites.google.com/site/asocialepidemic/top-20-lures-into-sex-trafficking

http://www.traffickingresourcecenter.org/what-human-trafficking/human-trafficking/traffickers

The fact is, most victims that match a profile like AJs go missing as a result of someone they know. We believe LE have had ample time to fully clear all close connections to AJ, including her neighbor. All connections but one.

But let's look at the runaway angle before getting back to that point. Another missing persons case just recently in San Bernardino featured a young woman that went missing early in the morning one day, missing work and classes, her phone and laptop found in the bushes. Bloodhounds lost her trail at the street - she was taken in a car! LE was convinced she was abducted or killed by people she knew. But a couple weeks later, she saw herself on the news and called her father from a shelter in LA where she had escaped to take a break from issues she was dealing with. She never intended to stay missing.

Stories like these make it easy to believe it could be like that here. The primary difference, though, is that the evidence in this woman's case did not lead anywhere. It was a total mystery. LE also claimed how incredibly shocked they were at the outcome, as it is so very unlikely given what they had to go on.

To understand what it might take for AJ to disappear herself, we have to consider the things you would need to ponder before making that decision.
She would have to give up her academics and sports
She would be dropping her boyfriend and sisters, who she loved very much
She would have to swallow never speaking to her mother again, who she was close to
She would need access to a new identity or be absolved to living off the grid or dependent on someone else for a long time
She would have found a way to move money out of her account prior to taking off, at least in part. $200 from Wes is not enough for long
She would need transport and a plan

These are just not things I see her deciding on, given what we know about her. At least not this long. By now there is no way she would not be aware she is being looked for, adding another point to the list which is: She would have to not care how much pain she is causing people, and how much time and resources are being spent looking for her.

Consider the text received by her mother early in the AM 'I'm OK, I'm just not ready to come home yet."
If this was really her, then it implies she intended to take off, is safe, and is saying so. But then her phone goes dead and is never heard from again. If she took off voluntarily and had no issues telling her mom, she would have taken her phone charger or charged it again by now. I don't think she went as far as to cover up her tracks so expertly that the FBI haven't located her. You would only ever need to do that if you just committed a serious crime.

So you must think about WHY she might have done that. There is no reason we know of. At 18, she can get a restraining order against anyone quite easily. She had her own vehicle and can drive anywhere. She supposedly had 200$ and possibly more in the bank. She had no motive to go missing, but she did have the means.

I can't tell you how many hours I have stared at the ceiling thinking over the timelines and how things could have gone down. There is a reason for the basic procedures used in missing persons cases though, and if we follow them the trail leads us to one place.

Zach, I think you will find this resource useful and clarifying in how some of the thought processes you're witnessing work. Most of the talk around WH is dealing with the convoluted task of clearing up inconsistencies:
http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC74.pdf

I think a good exercise now might be for us to put WH's statements in a box and approach the story without those variables. Where does it lead us?

1. AJ was last seen by her mother and sisters around 7AM March 2nd.
2. At 2:30PM, little sister texts AJ (ie "hey where are you") and AJ replies "With Friends ". Her truck is still in the driveway.
3. Sometime between 4:30AM and 5:30AM on March 3rd JH receives a text from AJ that she is OK, just not ready to come home yet.
4. At 9:15PM AJ still is not home and no one has heard from her since the text early in the morning. JH reports her missing.
5. Sometime on March 4, the neighbor found a piece of her debit card on Halprin Dr while walking back home from work.
6. Family and friend search the neighborhood on March 6th and find another part of the card
7. Wes breaks into the neighbor's house and claims he found AJ's jacket "balled up behind a couch cushion". Locals confirm the police were called to the house. LE did not confirm the jacket as being hers, but instead showed Wes pictures of some other items.
7. Between March 19 and March 21, police search a 3 mile radius around the Southern Packing Plant off Battlefield in Chesapeake and recover several items believed to belong to AJ.
8. Wes is arrested on March 20.

So here are the questions/comments that raises:

Were there other texts between AJ and JH between 2:30PM March 2 and 5:30AM March 3?
How did she leave the house?
Were her keys found at the house or are they missing? What other items may she have had at home are no longer there?
The neighbor was not arrested and we should assume he has been cleared by LE. Is there any other known possible reason he may be of interest?
The items reported by the media and reported on the scanner are in conflict. I can't comment on specifics but I question how the media knows exactly what was found after the fact when LE has not made a statement or confirmed the items are AJ's.

Been thinking about this for a few hours now... All I really want is for AJ to be found. Wes's past makes him a very easy and convenient target and to be honest that situation allows for lazy investigative work to happen.

Take the blinders down and look at this from every angle.

Theory:

Upon Wes being released he decides it's time to be a better man. He meets JH, falls in love and commits himself to her and her family, he loves them as his own and puts them before himself as real men do. Willing to make sacrifices for them.

For whatever reason things aren't working out and they are currently working through a trial separation as is the fate of so many relationships in this day and time. This doesn't change the commitment and love he has for his family. This is his drive to be a better man.

AJ goes missing... He wants answers, he feels powerless and as if he has failed to do his job of protecting his family. LE doesn't appear to be producing results and what has defined him as a better man is slipping away. He starts his own search for answers. Organizing search parties, reading tweets, trying to piece together the puzzle.

He lands on his suspect and breaks in to collect evidence. Police suspect he broke in and when they speak to him they don't confirm the jacket is Ajs to see how he reacts which frustrates and enrages him. He has to lie to everyone about the B&E during unofficial interview to a blog site and he is losing control of the situation at this point. His world just continues to unravel.

He begins to plan vigilante justice at this point... With his previous record and the B&E and him knowing how he is beginning to look he feels he has nothing else to lose. Police have enough to take him off the streets but nothing to actually tie him to AJ being missing. 15 hour integration.

Is it possible the police have blinders on too?

My heart breaks for everyone involved.

This is a very insightful approach. Very plausible. I don't know all the 'information' he used to feel that the kids whose house he broke into did something to Anjelica. I know it wasn't the jacket. I know some of the text messages from this kid were pretty inappropriate. I know he found the first debit card piece, which was clean (according to Wes), compared the other ones found the next day all broken and dirty...

I have tried SO hard not to have tunnel vision on this case but...

As a mom of 7 kids (3 adults, 3 teens and one 11 year old going on 25) I have fielded more phoney baloney stories of where they were and who they were with and what they did, enough times (not a ton, thankfully, but enough) that I know a load of hog doody when I hear it. Not to mention, I was once a teen myself and probably the worst liar on the planet (mom always knew, thankfully, and busted me, and effectively caused me to have a very short career as a sneaky, lying teenager).

This is what my mom radar has picked up with WH all along. Too many details, then vague details, then back tracking, then I know, then I'm not sure, then yes, then no... trying way too hard to be convincing just by the language used. Obviously I didn't want it to because parents of victims=victims here on WS but good gravy, he's made it impossible to see him in that light. Truth be told, even if he's 100% innocent of having anything to do with AJ disappearing, I will still see him in that light because THAT'S who he is.

Apologies in advance if this is against TOS. I just needed to say that.

IMO, it's the eyelid prison tats causing that. (I wish I could share a source about possible significance of those tats, unfortunately I only have hard copy, and have searched the Internet to no avail :( )

Who does that? Sorry, I am way behind!

site went down on me for about an hour just starting to see new posts again.

The site was offline momentarily. Seems to be fine now.

Hadsell said he broke in to do his own detective work and spent roughly 18 minutes inside the home. That’s where he says he found his daughter’s Longwood University club softball jacket with her name stitched on the front. He also said he did not honestly share that information with police.

“We see forensics vans out doing things, we don’t get calls, we don’t get notified,” Hadsell said. “So why should I share it with the police department, something they in turn won’t share with me? It’s our daughter not their daughter …

http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/bond-denied-for-missing-teens-dad/

What a narcissist. He wants the forensics team to consult with him now? :no:

Oh, FFS! There's now a "#FreeWes" hashtag on twitter. I am going to be so pizzed if this turns him into some kind of vigilante folk hero. Hopefully, LE does a presser soon and puts an end to this nonsense.

Fortunately, it looks like a good deal of those are for a different Wes. I think...

<modsnip>

Zach, thanks for the info you've given. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I hope AJ will be found safely and that she has come to no harm. If God forbid she has, I hope those responsible are punished. How are AJ's sisters coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member