Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The presenters on BBC rolling news just now seemed to suggest that the plane's route was 'much further to the east" than expected - can anyone comment on this?
View attachment 71601

Was the plane expected to fly along the red line on the map? Hmmm.

Yeh MSNBC is srunning maps that do indicate a route deviation as well - to the east also. I am trying to find out distance between debris in a city and actual crash site. There does look as if there is "distance" indicating an aircraft shedding parts of itself on its way down. Does not a pppear to be a stall, so we could have explosive decompression that is where I am heading now just cause the plane def broke up in air as long as the reports about debris away from the actual impact scene - stuff was falling off.

THis also fits with the "noise" descritptions now coming in. Just my hunches at thsi point

My DH is a commercial pilot here in the US, and everyone of these tragedies hits home. I am still more afraid to drive than fly. German pilots are very skilled, and being well into he flight at cruising altitude, I suspect something was wrong with he aircraft.

I think it's not until you look at just how many aircraft are on our sky highways at any minute of the day, that you realise what a fine art it is keeping them on track.

http://www.flightradar24.com/-20.43,100.54/2

My thoughts and prayers go out to all aboard Germanwings, to their loved ones and also to your DH Dockins.

Sky news is reporting that flight-tracking data indicated the aircraft plummeted from 40,000ft to 6,200ft in the space of 10 minutes before it crashed, at times at a rate of 5,000 per minute.

Aviation journalist Anthony Davis:
"It is unlikely the passengers on board would have known anything about this. As far as I am aware that the pilots did not send a typical distress call, a squawk of 770.
"They simply said emergency, emergency."

http://news.sky.com/story/1451536/no-survivors-expected-in-france-plane-crash

I feel for every family member and friend right now, it's so very hard to lose someone so unexpectedly and suddenly, and then to have the eyes of the world's media focussed on that loss must be doubly hard.

Its very strange, they did not issue a verbal mayday but they did switch there transponder indicating a series issue. So there has to be some reason why they could not communicate verbally but did attempt to let the ground they were in serious trouble

This "method " was devised for hijacking . Now getting conflicting reports about this (the transpnder angle)

Here we go guys! MSM all over the place was there a verbal or was the transponder changed or both or neither! Get it right MSM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/32030778

Latest report from BBC website

Contrary to previous reports, the crew did not send a distress signal, according to AFP.

Civil aviation authorities told the agency: "The crew did not send a Mayday. It was air traffic control that decided to declare the plane was in distress because there was no contact with the crew of the plane."

I think it's not until you look at just how many aircraft are on our sky highways at any minute of the day, that you realise what a fine art it is keeping them on track.

http://www.flightradar24.com/-20.43,100.54/2

My thoughts and prayers go out to all aboard Germanwings, to their loved ones and also to your DH Dockins.

From your link marly http://www.flightradar24.com/FAF4012/5d44c9e

Live tracking of a French Air force plane circling, looking for the crash :(

I spend many an hour watching flightradar24, it's fascinating and wonderful just how many planes are in our skies at any minute of any day. Crashes are very rare, yet devastating when they happen.

Just heard on BBC radio that air traffic controllers say they were ones who issued emergency call - there was no message from the plane.

It sounds like something catastrophic happened at 38,000 ft to send it plummeting, leaving no time for a mayday.

Has anything been definitely ruled out, like a bird strike? I honestly have no idea if there are birds at that kind of altitude.

Cnn just said this was the normal flight path,the other red line from Germany to Barcelona is were it originated from.

Has anything been definitely ruled out, like a bird strike? I honestly have no idea if there are birds at that kind of altitude.

Usually bird strikes are during take off when flocks are in flight from open land from near runways.Airports have security measures to keep flocks off runways.I noticed large flocks during take off from Brussels on sunday

Its very strange, they did not issue a verbal mayday but they did switch there transponder indicating a series issue. So there has to be some reason why they could not communicate verbally but did attempt to let the ground they were in serious trouble

This "method " was devised for hijacking . Now getting conflicting reports about this (the transpnder angle)

With the recent incidents in France, I'm not sure what to think of this. :( Hopefully just a sad coincidence.

msnbc reporting 5 mile wide debris feild - this is NOT good - something exploded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88