VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! Now, do you think he called his phone from AJ's phone, or do you think that phone call to him from her was for real? Any thoughts on that?

I don't think she called him. I think he had her phone by then. I think she would have been on social media that morning if everything had been normal.
I just hope to God he has her somewhere safe and that the theory of him "finding" her and being a "hero" is the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely! Now, do you think he called his phone from AJ's phone, or do you think that phone call to him from her was for real? Any thoughts on that?

I am unsure of that timeline. I could see him entering the home that am, given the possible clean up and him 'making up' a story of where they were at lunch time. But it might have all happened later too. He had all evening alone in a hotel room. *shudder*

ETA: just saw that the clean up was just folding laundry and straightening up things. So maybe it is not important to the timeline at all.

Father of missing Norfolk teen has violent criminal past
Norfolk, Va. – The father of a teenager missing in Norfolk was arrested over the weekend on six felony charges.

Wesley Hadsell, 36, is charged with four counts of obstruction of justice, one count of breaking and entering, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. The arrest happened the same day police received a tip and searched a three-mile radius along South Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake for his daughter, Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell, who hasn’t been seen since March 2nd.

AJ disappeared from her home in the Tarrallton area of Norfolk. She was home for Spring Break from Longwood University. Investigators previously said they do not believe foul play was involved in her disappearance.

Police aren’t saying what the tip was, or if Wesley Hadsell’s arrest has anything to do with his daughter’s disappearance.

The charges do, however, stem from an incident that occurred between March 6th and March 8th, just days after AJ disappeared.

Wesley Hadsell’s sister, Wendy Hadsell-Stokes, spoke to NewsChannel 3 Monday about her brother’s arrest and her niece’s disappearance.
http://wtkr.com/2015/03/23/father-of-missing-norfolk-teen-arrested/
wesley-hadsell-mug.jpg

Wesley Hadsell

I agree her clothes and card were planted.

We don't yet have confirmation from LE that those are actually her clothes that were found. That could have been a total wild goose chase.

I am unsure of that timeline. I could see him entering the home that am, given the possible clean up and him 'making up' a story of where they were at lunch time. But it might have all happened later too. He had all evening alone in a hotel room. *shudder*

ETA: just saw that the clean up was just folding laundry and straightening up things. So maybe it is not important to the timeline at all.

With apologies to Don Henley: "the more I know, the less I understand."

We don't yet have confirmation from LE that those are actually her clothes that were found. That could have been a total wild goose chase.

Very true, Mom. But my gut tells me it's hers. Hope I'm wrong.

Father of missing Norfolk teen has violent criminal past

http://wtkr.com/2015/03/23/father-of-missing-norfolk-teen-arrested/
wesley-hadsell-mug.jpg

Wesley Hadsell

Wesley Hadsell, 36, is charged with four counts of obstruction of justice, one count of breaking and entering, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. The arrest happened the same day police received a tip and searched a three-mile radius along South Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake for his daughter, Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell, who hasn’t been seen since March 2nd.

BBM
I am so tired of sloppy journalism ^^^in these cases. There was no firearm.

I am interested to know what signs there are showing she left in a hurry. Did she not take something with her? Did she forget to shut and lock the door?

Zach, maybe your the best person who could answer that question. Can you give more detail as to how she left in a hurry? I have a theory but want to wait until I hear from you to voice it.

Not sure yet about giving out this information.

I don't think she called him. I think he had her phone by then. I think she would have been on social media that morning if everything had been normal.
I just hope to God he has her somewhere safe and that the theory of him "finding" her and being a "hero" is the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thought keeps bothering me.

Brainstorming

1. $200- there has to be proof of this happening. WH didn't have a cash job, he wouldn't just have $200 on him. At least I don't anymore (use to work in nightclubs now I 9-5 it, I never have cash on me anymore) so there is a either a $200 withdrawal or their isn't? If there is was it to give to AJ? Or was be as others suggested using that story to cover.

2. GoPro- his statements about it are off, no one could spend 2 hours researching a go pro I tried I lasted 15 minutes before I knew more about a go pro than I care too. Again he isn't buying her boyfriend a $200 camera. Again easily verifiable check his website history either he has 2000 pages of GoPro research in his website history it isn't true.

3. Neighbor- Ummmmm..... Maybe he made this so confusing because he can explain it however he wants. Not sure if their is 1 person or 4 people. Smokey porch kid (who may also be creepy text kid and credit card finder), loved neighbor waver. Also you don't say a car is following another car if it is 1 minute behind another car. Try it!! One minute is a long time in terms of distance between 2 cars driving.

I'm trying not to get caught up on just WH, so for alternative thoughts suppose WH is just an odd duck but is telling the truth

She was flush with cash (ish) $300, we don't know if she pulled out cash from her account recently or what her balance was. She could have up and left for whatever reason, cut up the debit card/credit card and be starting over in a new city.

He was supposedly fishing? I wonder if he did it often and where. And as someone said where is the fishing tackle - rod and reel, tackle box with lures, etc. - and fishing license.

Where to hide something in rural Chesapeake. I've ridden those roads by bike many times and it is different when going at that speed than by car so you see things from a different viewpoint. There are still houses. I would want an area where someone isn't likely to notice me pulling off the road - i.e., within sight of a house. That part makes it tough. You'd HAVE to know where to go and drive the roads. One spot that comes to my mind if I was devious is to turn off Benefit Rd onto Douglas Rd. I'd cross Hwy 17 and go into the area btw 17 and the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail. No houses. I'd do it at night to avoid joggers, rollerblladers or bikers witnessing it since the trail is closed btw sundown and sunrise. The Canal Trail itself is closed to auto traffic. But there are 3 or 4 roads that go into it if you are on foot or riding a bike. Douglas is one of them. You could go down Cornland, but you have to pass one or two houses and that would be unusual for someone driving in there past the houses especially at night. There are probably a few other areas, but I have to be looking for them. Like Backwoods Road (yes, that's actually a road name) off Ballahack Rd and go south toward NC.

Another point comes to my mind. If WH was living away from the household we don't know how long. Would he have known AJ was going to be home that week? Could he have walked in for something else and she was there knowing he wasn't supposed to be.

Thank you for the great thoughts about potential local searching sites. I wish it did not have to come to that. :mad:

As to the bolded----yes, quite possible. Also, I have wondered if Mom had been sharing her anger towards Wes with her oldest. Many moms do that when they need to rant. AJ may have been quite angry with him and it might have sparked an unexpected argument that escalated. Especially if AJ threatened to share info with anyone else and it threatened Wes's freedom. I don't think he could get another DV charge and stay out of jail.

College kids don't come home for spring break without packing a bag to take with them. Early on mom seems to think she left on her on. If that bag had been in the house, would her Mom have thought that? Don't think so. So my question has been from the start, "where is that bag?". And now we find several clothing items, things that very definitely could have belonged to a HS/College athlete along a stretched of road in Chesapeake? 2 bras, a knee brace, shorts, etc? Sound more like the contents of a travel bag than something a girl might wear on her person, doesn't it?

All MOO.

I think it's possible that AJ took her bag and went to WH's hotel room. I don't think she left that hotel room.

(Sorry.)

College kids don't come home for spring break without packing a bag to take with them. Early on mom seems to think she left on her on. If that bag had been in the house, would her Mom have thought that? Don't think so. So my question has been from the start, "where is that bag?". And now we find several clothing items, things that very definitely could have belonged to a HS/College athlete along a stretched of road in Chesapeake? 2 bras, a knee brace, shorts, etc? Sound more like the contents of a travel bag than something a girl might wear on her person, doesn't it?

All MOO.
It sounds to me like a gym bag/workout bag. And I wonder if she had an old one left in 'her' red truck. IMO, if she was currently using a knee brace when jogging etc, then her family would haver said ' thats hers!!!' immediately. But since they seem uncertain, it makes me think it's random trash or maybe an old gym bag she had in high School. JMO [ and anyone who had access to the red truck could grab it.]

It is hard to believe a random abductor would have access to a gym bag.

All MOO.

I think it's possible that AJ took her bag and went to WH's hotel room. I don't think she left that hotel room.

(Sorry.)

Sounds like contents of a lady's gym bag. Sports bras, knee brace, shorts. There was something about those items and now you've linked it to a possible gym bag. I have one and my swim trunks, swim goggles, spare socks and spare shorts are always in there.

All MOO.

(Sorry.)

I agree with you. And maybe in order to sway LE away, things were taken out of her bag and thrown on the side of the road. Clothes do not end up on the side of the road voluntarily unless someone decides to strip for fun and throw their clothes out the window. The weather is cold now, so I'm guessing that did NOT happen...

I agree with you. And maybe in order to sway LE away, things were taken out of her bag and thrown on the side of the road. Clothes do not end up on the side of the road voluntarily unless someone decides to strip for fun and throw their clothes out the window. The weather is cold now, so I'm guessing that did NOT happen...

Quoting myself to add something here: Those clothes could have been thrown out the window so that they were not found in the hotel IMO. So the next question would be, where are the rest of the clothes/bag?

I get so irritated everytime I see the mugshot pic of WH, he looks so smug in it. And his statement on why he broke is is just ridiculous.

Zach, my hats off to you. You are one strong loving father. I don't think I could hold it together like you do.

AJ, I pray you are safe and will come home soon.

I'm new to WS but this story has me.

All MOO.

(Sorry.)

Another interesting angle you bring up. Yes, what if she was wanting to take off, upset at mom or whatever. Maybe not even a permanent thing but being Spring Break, if she was fed up she thought it was a good time to escape for a while. So she gets a bag together, calls Wes, asks for money. Says she's annoyed at home, knows he can relate because after all he is out of the house as well. He lends her a sympathetic ear and says, "Sure, I can give you some cash, you can take off for a while and I'll keep quiet, you can count on me." She meets up with him, and things do not go as she expected.

Although I must say that if I were taking off on a lark, I wouldn't pack stuff like a knee brace and sports bras. But it's a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa