GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post a link? I can't find it. Is it the Help Find Morgan Dana Harrington page?

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA15-0671/1 Noah's missing poster
Missing Since:
Mar 22, 2015

Noah was last seen March 22, 2015. He was wearing a camouflage jacket, black and yellow pants, and Spiderman boots. He was carrying a tin of Pokemon cards.

Pokemon cards????? What? That is the first I heard of that! Ok, that leads me back to my original thought of a neighbor child. I do NOT want that to be it. Have they questioned the neighborhood children? Why would he have a coat and some play cards if someone came in and kidnapped him. Who would he usually play pokemon with? Thats where he was headed, if that tidbit is true. Eh, this is no good really. I have a couple of things that are strongest in my mind that I dont really want to talk about or believe. I will wait to see what happens. I will just say I dont think he wandered and got lost. Thats my opinion.

Also, I am not buying the school bus on the wrong day thing. Someone would have said it was common for him to be out alone and even walks himself to the bus. If he was used to getting ready and walking to the bus alone at 5, we have even bigger issues than started this day. My 6 year old Kindergartner would NEVER get up, dressed and to the bus without assistance! Nor should he be allowed to. My son's school you have to be in 1st grade or have an older sibling to ride the bus. He might have ridden, but should not be getting himself there alone. 5 year olds cannot be allowed to not have supervision. Its not my opinion, its the law.

Do kids play pokemon anymore? Honestly, this is kind of bizarre. My kids played pokemon about 18 years ago.

Do they think he was carrying a tin of pokemon cards because for some reason they can't locate that thing, or is it something he plays with every day and so that being missing would indicate he had it? Is this just a red herring that has no place in his case? Who says "a tin"?

edited to add: I think this was some weird string of words that was added to his Missing and Exploited Children's entry. I've seen some of the oddest things on their entries, including "she still has all her baby teeth" in a missing 40 year old's profile.

Since I threw out the "school bus on the wrong day thing" I just want to say that it was never presented as a fact to be "bought". I was simply trying to come up with a reason why a child that, according to his aunt, would never wander away might have wandered out alone. I wasn't suggesting that it was his normal routine but frankly we have no idea about what was normal in his home since his parents are not talking.
Someone else said it best earlier when they said that "children never do until they do".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do kids play pokemon anymore? Honestly, this is kind of bizarre. My kids played pokemon about 18 years ago.

Do they think he was carrying a tin of pokemon cards because for some reason they can't locate that thing, or is it something he plays with every day and so that being missing would indicate he had it? Is this just a red herring that has no place in his case? Who says "a tin"?
I call the metal boxes those cards come in tins. Pokemon is making a comeback and kids and teens everywhere are playing again.

Since I threw out the "school bus on the wrong day thing" I just want to say that it was never presented as a fact to be "bought". I was simply trying to come up with a reason why a child that, according to his aunt, would never wander away might have wandered out alone. I wasn't suggesting that it was his normal routine but frankly we have no idea about what was normal in his home since his parents are not talking.
Someone else said it best earlier when they said that "children never do until they do".

I don't think you're to blame for musing about that. A healthy 5 year old WOULD roam if something caught their eye. I'm not sure why family keeps insisting he wouldn't wander. A normal 5 year old WILL wander if they take an interest in something. Unless he's been diagnosed with some anxiety disorder that doesn't allow him to step off his front porch, I think it's safe to say he'd wander.

edited to add: I think this was some weird string of words that was added to his Missing and Exploited Children's entry. I've seen some of the oddest things on their entries, including "she still has all her baby teeth" in a missing 40 year old's profile.

My 14yo still plays as does my 12yo nephew and I always say "there goes B with his tin of Pokemon cards" (regional maybe?). I do wonder where that info came from though. Was he actually seen with the tin or is it an assumption based on the tin being missing?

*B buys special decks in collector tins from Walmart and a local gaming store.

My 14yo still plays as does my 12yo nephew and I always say "there goes B with his tin of Pokemon cards" (regional maybe?). I do wonder where that info came from though. Was he actually seen with the tin or is it an assumption based on the tin being missing?

*B buys special decks in collector tins from Walmart and a local gaming store.

well, he wasn't "seen" after leaving his trailer. The mom didn't know he had his coat until it was apparently missing from the home.

I don't think anyone saw him - and I actually think at this point the pokemon thing is a non-issue. That would be big news that would have been introduced in the press conference, IMHO.

Was checking in for anything new, saw the post about pokemon and thought, "Uh Oh". Yes, they collect, trade, and show them to friends. The mother said the door was ajar, he could've went out just go show a friend a new card, and was planning on coming right back. He also might not have closed it so she didn't hear it, and he knew he wasn't suppose to be out when she was sleeping. Didn't someone say she worked at night?

Okay so we collectively have not heard any other rumors right? We have all been glued to social media, watching and awaiting Noah's being located. The only rumor I have heard has to do with the little boy seen with Noah.That started with the media report one day one and then yesterday and was mentioned yesterday on facebook to which Kenny Jarrels said it was not true, even after saying he had not read that and didnt know why it was reported or where they got the information. He responded immediately which has me wondering how he know it was a rumor as fast has he did and how he was able to dispel it so fast had he not heard of it. I trust Kenny completely but it just seemed if a media reported it ,that it came from somewhere and he would need to verify it was misinformation ,unless he knows it is something he must dispel?

This rumor might be more important to dispel than we thought. Also the first reports said the dog tracked Noahs sent to the road. Not the driveway. The road. However I realize now this is unclear .

There are alot of people searching still ,so that is good but I do not understand the statements made in the media about the search being scaled back.I also dont understand why the search is not being run like in the case linked below. I ,in no way believe the parents harmed Noah or are hiding anything in his case. I am torn on trusting LE has what they need to investigate the correct avenues ,and thinking they need to be searching every where in the county on foot and calling out for the people near there to search outside the search area on their own. (which we have heard VA LE do before). In Robbie's case they were finding signs he was there and around and they dropped food packages into the woods and searched on foot day and night. It was an amazing effort which very well put together. In HG's case in Cville massive turn out of people responded to their call outs to help clear C-ville So I am very worried not to have this call out to clear this very large rural part of VA.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/15891062/capacity-reached-for-search-volunteers-thursday

There has been some confusion about the timeline in which Noah went missing. In Wednesday's news conference, Akers said that the boy's mother dropped the father off at work around 7 a.m. on Sunday. She says she came home and fell asleep, and discovered Noah was missing around 10:35 a.m. She searched for Noah herself, and called 911 shortly after 11 a.m.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/search-for-5yearold-noah-thomas-enters-third-day/31988010
Did mom and dad bring the baby and Noah on the ride to dad's work? What is the distance? Did dad and mom see him at 7-7:30 am?

Going off Soul's post some here -

We know the family was seen on video that morning but no confirmation of where. We also know that there was originally a report about Noah being with another male child and we now have this random Pokemon comment so is it possible that Noah got a new tin of cards that morning and rushed out excitedly to show a neighbor a new card?
Autumn Pasquale was killed for freaking bike parts ...

I am not sure how they know but that was the first I had heard of the Pokémon cards.

I am not sure how they know but that was the first I had heard of the Pokémon cards.

First I had heard of it too but and it is likely a random mistake but at this point I'm afraid to just write anything off because we have so little. New cards could certainly explain why he might have taken off.

I really hope that wasn't info that LE was trying to keep quiet.

They've kept this close to the vest and haven't talked about any children he played with around his home, or how far away any of his friends lived he rode with on the bus. Are there homes across from his house? When I was 5, I got off the bus with a bunch of friends that lived down from my house. The bus driver didn't even see me get off, I wanted to play with them. My Mom couldn't believe it, and said she never thought I'd do something like that. You never know what will come in a child's mind.

I say tin. It is possible for people to still have baby teeth in there 40's I know a lady who still has baby teeth she is 38+ :). It is actually common some adults don't lose all baby teeth at a young age but till there older.

I say tin. It is possible for people to still have baby teeth in there 40's I know a lady who still has baby teeth she is 38+ :). It is actually common some adults don't lose all baby teeth at a young age but till there older.

Well, I wrote them and they removed the baby tooth reference. It was an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021