Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone ! I am sort of new to the forum, I rarely post much due to being sort of shy, coupled with not really being all that smart.

<awkward pause>

I have a few questions to ask in regards to Jodi's prison sentence. These are hypothetical questions of course, and many of them could be answered with a yes or no. Some may take a wee bit of explanation, but hopefully not.

Prequalifications:
The individuals most qualified to provide these answers would most likely be: A) an attorney.....B) Someone who pretends to be an attorney...C) Someone who knows an attorney or has one in their family.....D) Someone that works in the prison system....E) Someone who has or is currently escaping from prison..... F) a legal scholar who resides in Arizona.... G) an Az legislator....H) anybody that has an A, C, D, E, S, P, or M in their name..
K) Individuals born in the 50's, 60's or 70's.

------------------------------------------
The questions:

1) After imprisoned, can Jodi get married to another female inmate ?

2) Does Arizona honor same sex marriages in a prison setting ?

3) If Jodi was to get married in prison, would she and her new wife get to share a common cell together ?

4) If Jodi's new wife was to get paroled and be released someday, could they as a couple apply to adopt a child or possibly go through a surrogate type of arrangement ?

5) Let's say that one of these days, Arizona elects a Governor who is single, handsome and available. If this man was to become pen pals with Jodi, and fall head over heels for her, could he pardon her, even with a life sentence ?

6) If after Jodi is pardoned, she moves into the governor's mansion and sets up house, remodels, and has her friends come around for sleepovers and bong parties, is this going to cause a conflict of interest for the Governor himself ?? Would it be illegal for him to have a convicted felon living with him, eating his food, and doing his laundry at the expense of the taxpayers?

7) In that movie, "The Green Mile", one of the prisoners had a little mouse that used to come around and hang out with him and he taught the mouse to do tricks and what-not. If Jodi was to befriend a mouse, a spider, a cockroach, or some other critter, would she be allowed to keep it, or would it have to schedule visitation just like everybody else ?

8) When Jodi's hair starts to turn grey prematurely, will they allow her to dye it back to it's original brown color if she can afford the Clairol "Nice and Easy" from the commissary, or perhaps get it through her family ?

9) Could President Obama pardon Jodi on the way out the door ? If she was to send him some of her most convincing "abuse" stories along with a few of her paintings, do you think he might ?

10) If Jodi was to apply to become a member of Websleuths, would she be approved as a "verified insider" ?
Would that be because she knows a lot about the case, or because she is in prison ?

I guess that's about all the questions I can think of right now. I was sitting around here all afternoon sipping on some Vodka and lemonade drinks, and all of a sudden these questions just sprang to mind !! I'd appreciate if one of the qualified people listed above would fill in the answers for me.

Thanks soooooo much for your time.......:eek:ddsmiley:

:beersign:

Ooh, great questions! I can only offer a possibility for #7, keeping in mind, though, that Jodi is not as creative as she thinks she is when it comes to sex. As I have pointed out in a recent post. The mouse could maybe be commandeered in lieu of, er, a gerbil, i.e. of the kind that shows up in the Urban Dictionary?

March 23, 2015 : Ex Parte Supplemental to Motion to Change Counsel -- SEALED

Now I wonder what is this all about?

Probably just an excuse to get out from under Sheriff Joe's thumb for the day. Give her a chance to be Twitterish ad nauseam. A chance to manipulate JSS in advance of the sentence (I'm sure that will go over super well).

Maybe Jodi has corralled all her funds to pay for a replacement counsel, so she doesn't have to hand over the money to the Alexanders? Just to be spiteful?

On another matter, do attorneys who run appeals for LWOPers draw large paychecks?

3/24/2015 SDD - Notice: Sealed Document - Party (001) 3/26/2015

NOTE: MINUTE ENTRY DATED 3/24/15
----

So was the exparte hearing/meeting/whatever on the 24th?

LOL....so Nurmi quit answering her calls again?? Must be lonely, no more outings.

119 is well above average, with 100 being average. But far short of the Einstein level intelligence she felt she possessed. The meek little mouse with no self-esteem sure had a pretty inflated view of herself and her skills.

She did score in the "superior" range with her reading/vocabulary/verbal category.

An IQ of 119 is nothing special. Most higher ed students would be in that category or above.

IIRC, the "superior" on the verbal category was on a basic literacy test. This is not a high bar! Also, if you toss longer words around, you can score high on standardized tests. I found this out when I had some very bright students who were learning English. They immediately figured out that they could sprinkle their prose with impressive-sounding words and have no idea what they meant, but get scored for having "very advanced" vocabularies. In a hilarious twist, I had a 21-year-old Sri Lankan student who tossed in the word "intoxicated." She was moved up several class levels on the basis of her great vocabulary. But she later asked me what "intoxicated" meant. I said it meant that a person had had too much alcohol. Ha! She said, shocked, "Nooooo, Ma'am!" In her family/culture, alcohol (let alone drunkenness) was not an appropriate subject for young ladies. Lol.

Anyway, Jodi is a sprinkler. Her vocabulary is not a "working vocabulary" and is very imprecise. It's all very "off". It would not score well in a university English class taught by a seasoned professional.

However, IMO, it served Juan's purposes very well that JA could be labeled in the "superior" category when it comes to language. It allowed him to present quantitative evidence that she is glib and was using the words she intended to use. Jodi couldn't come back around and credibly say she "wasn't able to articulate what she meant". (Although, no surprise, she tried this tack when asking for her secret testimony.) DeMarte/Juan made clear to highlight the "superior" designation in both trials: big trap for Jodi.

Good luck with getting answers! LOL..

Hi everyone ! I am sort of new to the forum, I rarely post much due to being sort of shy, coupled with not really being all that smart.

<awkward pause>

I have a few questions to ask in regards to Jodi's prison sentence. These are hypothetical questions of course, and many of them could be answered with a yes or no. Some may take a wee bit of explanation, but hopefully not.

Prequalifications:
The individuals most qualified to provide these answers would most likely be: A) an attorney.....B) Someone who pretends to be an attorney...C) Someone who knows an attorney or has one in their family.....D) Someone that works in the prison system....E) Someone who has or is currently escaping from prison..... F) a legal scholar who resides in Arizona.... G) an Az legislator....H) anybody that has an A, C, D, E, S, P, or M in their name..

The questions:

3) If Jodi was to get married in prison, would she and her new wife get to share a common cell together ?

4) If Jodi's new wife was to get paroled and be released someday, could they as a couple apply to adopt a child or possibly go through a surrogate type of arrangement ?

5) Let's say that one of these days, Arizona elects a Governor who is single, handsome and available. If this man was to become pen pals with Jodi, and fall head over heels for her, could he pardon her, even with a life sentence ?

6) If after Jodi is pardoned, she moves into the governor's mansion and sets up house, remodels, and has her friends come around for sleepovers and bong parties, is this going to cause a conflict of interest for the Governor himself ?? Would it be illegal for him to have a convicted felon living with him, eating his food, and doing his laundry at the expense of the taxpayers?

7) In that movie, "The Green Mile", one of the prisoners had a little mouse that used to come around and hang out with him and he taught the mouse to do tricks and what-not. If Jodi was to befriend a mouse, a spider, a cockroach, or some other critter, would she be allowed to keep it, or would it have to schedule visitation just like everybody else ?

8) When Jodi's hair starts to turn grey prematurely, will they allow her to dye it back to it's original brown color if she can afford the Clairol "Nice and Easy" from the commissary, or perhaps get it through her family ?

9) Could President Obama pardon Jodi on the way out the door ? If she was to send him some of her most convincing "abuse" stories along with a few of her paintings, do you think he might ?

10) If Jodi was to apply to become a member of Websleuths, would she be approved as a "verified insider" ?
Would that be because she knows a lot about the case, or because she is in prison ?

I guess that's about all the questions I can think of right now. I was sitting around here all afternoon sipping on some Vodka and lemonade drinks, and all of a sudden these questions just sprang to mind !! I'd appreciate if one of the qualified people listed above would fill in the answers for me.

An IQ of 119 is nothing special. Most higher ed students would be in that category or above.

IIRC, the "superior" on the verbal category was on a basic literacy test. This is not a high bar! Also, if you toss longer words around, you can score high on standardized tests. I found this out when I had some very bright students who were learning English. They immediately figured out that they could sprinkle their prose with impressive-sounding words and have no idea what they meant, but get scored for having "very advanced" vocabularies. In a hilarious twist, I had a 21-year-old Sri Lankan student who tossed in the word "intoxicated." She was moved up several class levels on the basis of her great vocabulary. But she later asked me what "intoxicated" meant. I said it meant that a person had had too much alcohol. Ha! She said, shocked, "Nooooo, Ma'am!" In her family/culture, alcohol (let alone drunkenness) was not an appropriate subject for young ladies. Lol.

Anyway, Jodi is a sprinkler. Her vocabulary is not a "working vocabulary" and is very imprecise. It's all very "off". It would not score well in a university English class taught by a seasoned professional.

However, IMO, it served Juan's purposes very well that JA could be labeled in the "superior" category when it comes to language. It allowed him to present quantitative evidence that she is glib and was using the words she intended to use. Jodi couldn't come back around and credibly say she "wasn't able to articulate what she meant". (Although, no surprise, she tried this tack when asking for her secret testimony.) DeMarte/Juan made clear to highlight the "superior" designation in both trials: big time trap for Jodi.
In other words (and her own), CMJA delusions of grandeur are "rediculous"! :violin:

However, IMO, it served Juan's purposes very well that JA could be labeled in the "superior" category when it comes to language. It allowed him to present quantitative evidence that she is glib and was using the words she intended to use. Jodi couldn't come back around and credibly say she "wasn't able to articulate what she meant". (Although, no surprise, she tried this tack when asking for her secret testimony.) DeMarte/Juan made clear to highlight the "superior" designation in both trials: big time trap for Jodi.

So very true. Jodi thought she could dance with Juan. NOPE!

Love your analogy. I have a friend that scores certain tests, been doing it for years. I asked him what was his favorite and most revealing test....He loves the ones where the applicants are asked to describe "how-to-do-something/anything"...they get to pick the topic.

One evening he was talkative and told us about someone describing how to make a PP&J sammy. I thought I would die laughing. Should have had the recorder running that night...for SURE!

A simple "thanks" isn't enough. You nailed it.

Could you please send me that link to the letter to JSS? I don't know where to find it. TIA!

DeMarte said Arias took the Wechler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) IQ test, and her overall IQ score was 119. Arias had a perfect score on the verbal comprehension portion of the test.

Arias&#8217; WAIS score places her in the &#8220;high average&#8221; intelligence category, according to a chart on the website AssessmentPsychology.com.

Classification

IQ Score

Very Superior 130 and above
Superior 120-129
High Average* 110-119
Average 90-109
Low Average* 80-89
Borderline 70-79
Extremely Low* ** 69 and below

IIRC the wonderful Dr. DeMarte testified that while reviewing material about ja's behavior, she wondered whether there was an "intellectual deficit". One of the vids on youtube, but it will take me some time to find it. Anybody else knows which one? She referred to the booking photo, mother's description of ja as a child being "happy as hell" for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s_MoStf1Gs at 1:50-ish

Yes this was in the original trial and was the reason she gave the IQ test. It was because Jodi acted so oddly immature and giddy and didn't seem to comprehend the severity of her situation and she wondered if she was an idiot. Not only was she not she was very bright, according to Demarte.

Most sociopathic killers are very smart, really Bundy was in the 130s. Edmund Kemper was at 145. Rodney Alcala was a genius. I think he tested in the 160s.

The killer: " I also have heard that one of Travis' friends said he wanted to shoot me between the eyes". (Bench Conference re Closed Door Proceedings Oct. 30, 2014)

You dont say.!
======
He would have to stand in line!!

March 23, 2015 : Ex Parte Supplemental to Motion to Change Counsel -- SEALED

Now I wonder what is this all about?

The trial is over. They arent going to let her do that just for a sentencing. Hopefully the judge doesnt let this delay the sentencing.

Easy now......read your own post.

1) Whoever handles her appeal will have an open cash register thanks to the State of Arizona. (Greed)

2) Whoever handles her appeal will have little or no contact with her. (Bliss)

3) Any "newbie" court appointed lawyer would like that combo, and a few seasoned ones to boot.

Cash cow......no matter how you cut it.

I don't know Steelman, it is no longer a death penalty case so the bend over backwards is over. I don't think AZ is going to continue to spend itself into the poor house for this defendant any longer. The back lash is stinging right now.

I tried to read the manifesto and made it to page 3 before my brain hurt too much to read any further. It is past time for her to go away.

Must admit, I couldn&#8217;t get through the verbal vomit of JA&#8217;s &#8220;Manifesto.&#8221; I know, not verbal; but I can hear her &#8216;Christ-like&#8217; voice throughout.

And that idiotic &#8216;pedo admission&#8217;&#8230;.? Syntax and verbiage aside, compare the letter &#8216;I&#8217; between TA&#8217;s writing and the pedo letter. TA&#8217;s &#8216;I&#8217; was &#8216;block-like,&#8217; No flourishes. He also used the upper case form more often than not.

The pedo letter upper case &#8216;I&#8217; featured (over and over) a down-then-up-dip on the top cross bar. And there is (to my eye) more use of a lower-case &#8220;I&#8221; throughout the pedo letter.

TA used upper case in most instances.

Unfortunately, I doubt JA will ever understand how her lies, her insistence she&#8217;s a victim, and her cold arrogance convinced 2 out of 2 juries she&#8217;s a cold-blooded murderer. For JA, ego is all.

Honestly, it&#8217;s possible this imbecile is so delusional she believes an appeal will save her a$$.

If she thinks she&#8217;s a victim now? Hello, Perryville.

Just to give an idea about how relative Jodi's "superior" level on a verbal test is, consider Juan. Juan is truly "superior", light years more advanced than Jodi, indeed, likely light years more advanced than anyone in the courtroom. He is a master of language, and would probably rank in something like the top <0.1%. You would see this kind of facility in an elite Ph.D. program. And he spills out sophisticated words off the cuff. Very, very impressive. I believe he's bilingual, to boot.

Juan obviously has worked hard to achieve that level of verbal sophistication, hangs out with others who are similarly gifted (you can't use/learn big words with people who don't understand you), and has a natural linguistic talent. I can't emphasize enough how rare this is.

DeMarte is very adept, but not quite at this level. Close. She can give very technical information in straightforward professional language, with very rare umms. When she and Juan are preparing for her testimony, this must be quite a conversation; the flow from one to the other probably goes very fast (remember, Juan has to tell her in the courtroom to slow down, although he can keep up no problem), and I'll bet it gives both a good shot of intellectual adrenalin. Mutually stimulating, with lots of lightbulb moments. I would have loved to be in the wall for oe of those conversations.

So, let's not fall into Jodi's self-deception that she has any kind of recognizable verbal sophistication. She isn't even at Nurmi's or Willmott's level (a very low bar, indeed). She is considerably behind Deanna's and Abe's as far as using words precisely. Demarte's clear as a bell evaluation that Jodi had "superior" verbal skills and high-ish IQ was very strategic: accurate, yes, per the tests, but big gotcha for Jodi.

I can't figure why JSS granted her an exparte hearing to talk about ridding JA of Nurmi, what's the point? Did her appellate attny suggest it might be easier to win with ineffectual counsel if she could get him off her case before she's sentenced and the books are closed on the trial? And why, for pete's sake, is *anything* being kept secret any more?! It's over, finito, pack yer bags Marge, all aboard the Perryville Express!

Oh, one more thing...aaarrrggg!

<awkward pause>

Prequalifications:

The questions:

This is hysterical :laughcry:
...Does anyone else find this as funny as I do?
Good q's steelman for being a bit :tipsy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member