PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are having a part on the investigation tonight.

PEF was questioned by the PSP. Sloane talked to a profiler with the PSP and was interviewed in 2010 by the BPD.

I think the questioning is effective when done as soon as possible after a person goes missing. Patty was handled with kid gloves, IMO.

Sloane has never had a polygraph. I think he needs to take one. Of course, he'd need a good drug screen first, given his history with sedating medication.

I think the questioning is effective when done as soon as possible after a person goes missing. Patty was handled with kid gloves, IMO.

Sloane has never had a polygraph. I think he needs to take one. Of course, he'd need a good drug screen first, given his history with sedating medication.

PEF was interviewed by the PSP within the first week. She also sat down with Buehner and McKnight for four hours to go over the case.

Sloane is a candidate for a "helper," but his medical condition in 2005, an his appearance, make it unlikely. He was well over 6 feet, completely bald, and very heavy set at the time.

So, was there more on the case " at 11" or just a recap?
Yes, SS stands out in a crowd, and not for any good reason I can think of.

It looks live a recap, as only the original story is online.

Sloane was very large in 2005 and would stand out.

I read in the news that John Glasgow's skeletal remains have been recovered from Petit Jean Mountain and ID'd as his.
I remember we discussed his missing person case at one time.

I read in the news that John Glasgow's skeletal remains have been recovered from Petit Jean Mountain and ID'd as his.
I remember we discussed his missing person case at one time.

Someone had a theory it was a "copycat" case. It rather obviously isn't.

Someone had a theory it was a "copycat" case. It rather obviously isn't.

Oh, OK. I just remember it being discussed at some point after Glasgow went missing. I had dreams ( the kind we have when we are asleep) of being on Petit Jean Mountain looking for Ray for a while. It was spooky.

Something I mentioned on another site. Rickard had been reassigned off the RFG case in the late summer/early fall of 2013, prior to the case being sent to the PSP. It was before the Hell's Angels story broke and that was the Rickard didn't answer first and Weaver responded.

Bumping back to the first page. C'mon Ray, give us a clue...

Sometimes I wonder if he is alive and surfing the net on occasion to see what we and others have come up with.

Bumping back to the first page. C'mon Ray, give us a clue...

Sometimes I wonder if he is alive and surfing the net on occasion to see what we and others have come up with.

That is a possibility. That could actually tie into a motive.

Have the police ever released the record of all calls made to or from RG's cell phone from the time he was last seen for sure (Thursday night) until the phone was found?

Long time lurker, finally decided to post.

I have a few theories on this, but here's one I keep coming back to: I think Ray is in witness protection. I think he stumbled upon something big - maybe something that involved Centre County or the Commonwealth - and he felt like his safety was compromised, so he reached out to the Feds. It's almost impossible for a public figure to go into witness protection without those under investigation catching wind of it, so they did their best to make it appear like a walkaway. Where he is now, I do not know. But he went to Detroit, where one of the larger FBI regional offices is (and one that coincidentally specializes in public corruption investigations) as well as one of the larger US Marshal district offices (in fact, they are a block from one another). Why Detroit? Well, one of the larger district FBI and US Marshal offices, its close, and pretty much any other close city in Ohio or PA has him running the risk of being caught (since he spent time in both states). Spends a few weeks in Detroit, talks to investigators. At some point gets seen in Southfield. Now, he's living God knows where. But he hasn't come out of witness protection yet, because whatever case he's helping out with is still ongoing. I did some work with the FBI before, and even in the small case with which I was involved, the investigation has taken years. For a large RICO or public corruption case, it's not inconceivable for an investigation to take over a decade, especially if its targeting powerful people, because when the arrest warrants finally come down, the case has to be absolutely air-tight.

It's just a theory I have, but I feel like it's as good as any. It would explain why he was so intent on ensuring the data on his hard drive would NOT be able to be recovered, among other things. If it helps, the Wilkes-Barre office of the US Marshal handles that district's federal protective services. I think its been mentioned there was a sighting in Wilkes-Barre. Not sure if that's one that people considered credible or not.

Anyway, that's my theory. Regardless, I think it's safe to say that Ray went away, but in such a way that he did not want to be found, and went great lengths to ensure he wasn't found. What the reason would be, I do not know. But a former DA - from an area that has revealed itself to be more and more corrupt over the years - going into witness protection is not out of the realm of possibility.

Have the police ever released the record of all calls made to or from RG's cell phone from the time he was last seen for sure (Thursday night) until the phone was found?

No, they have only indicated, generally, where the call to PEF was made and said that the other calls prior to that related to work.

That odd. So they said the calls "prior" (to the PEF call) were "related to work"? So that would be as of Friday morning. And after? So otherwise they have refused to divulge any other call information? WHY? If there was nothing-no calls- I assume they would have said there were no other calls. So to me that sounds as if there were other calls to/from. Again, after all these years, and with nothing elsewise, . . . for what reason would that information be withheld?

I can think of a number of reasons.

- DC is a corrupt cesspool, and it's possible whatever info he had implicated people in DC.
- DC probably has more security cameras than any city in the world, and it's tough to hide.
- DC would be a logical place to look for a federal witness, therefore you do NOT want to go there.

One thing I have come to conclude: he wanted the police to look in Lewisburg, and specifically within a certain area along 192. PF specifically said that on his phone call to her, he mentioned that he was going to Lewisburg, even stating that he was on Rt. 192. When I'm letting my wife know that I'm on my way somewhere, I don't just say what route I'm taking. It's irrelevant. I just say "Hey I'm on my way to x". She probably knows what route I'm taking. Also, if he was already on 192, he waited to call her, which means he likely didn't call her until he was at least 20 minutes into the trip (after he turned onto 192). Which could mean A) he wanted to get a head start on it, or possibly throw off the timeline, or B) he wanted to make sure cell towers in the area captured his signal to confirm the timeline. Regardless, it tells me he wanted investigators looking east. Well, if you're going to walk away and don't want to be found, why volunteer so much info? And why not ditch your cell phone like you did the laptop? Because you want it to appear you were going east, when in fact, you simply got to Lewisburg, got in another car, and headed west (maybe on I-80, knowing that the investigation would be focusing mostly on 192).

That odd. So they said the calls "prior" (to the PEF call) were "related to work"? So that would be as of Friday morning. And after? So otherwise they have refused to divulge any other call information? WHY? If there was nothing-no calls- I assume they would have said there were no other calls. So to me that sounds as if there were other calls to/from. Again, after all these years, and with nothing elsewise, . . . for what reason would that information be withheld?

I think the PEF call was the last contact.

There are some problems with the Witness Security Program scenario.

1. The program does inform at least one family member.

2. It does permit you to take your money with you; there was no evidence of moving money.

3. They really would not want the local police poking into it. They would tell them.

4. The disappearance of RFG spawned a lot of publicity. The program would never want this much publicity. It would be easier to to construct a cover story or even fake his death than what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46