Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
AK is still convicted of calunnia -- this is the count that Hellmann upheld. She has an appeal currently still in front of the ECHR.

I predict that this will also be overturned.

Accusation against Patrick Lumumba stands. She is still guilty of that.

True, but that is on appeal to the ECHR. The ECHR cannot quash that verdict, but it can rule that Amanda's rights were violated and award her damages.

So is Amanda allowed to profit from this????

She already has :gaah: Blood $$$$$ :gaah:

Oh, and Raf, too, has profited off of Blood $$$$$ :gaah:

Despicable ...

And on that note ... I am going ... because IF I say any more, I will be in lalala camp !

:seeya:

Accusation against Patrick Lumumba stands. She is still guilty of that.

Yep, and her upcoming trial in June for police slander.

I hope she is found guilty of those and sent to italian prison for at least a little while. jmo

Holy $$$$$

Andrea Vogt @andreavogt

#amandaknox convictions have been completely overturned. She is a free woman.

and your comment is based on something more than a verdict that is disagreeable to you? what would that be? I would be interested in yr inside knowledge about how the high Italian court was bought off.

Well...... at least Amanda will never be allowed to visit other countries.

Heart goes out to MK's family and friends who loved her dearly.

They just said she can visit anywhere in the world. She can even go back to Italy, if she wanted to.

She already has :gaah: Blood $$$$$ :gaah:

Oh, and Raf, too, has profited off of Blood $$$$$ :gaah:

Despicable ...

And on that note ... I am going ... because IF I say any more, I will be in lalala camp !

:seeya:

I heard that she was going to use that money to pay off her parents for all the money they spent in order to go overseas and see her. jmo

The Italian court have cited "errors of colossal proportions." Their report in 90 days should make for a highly interesting read.

I feel sorry for Meredith's family as they believed the prosecutor and will now probably not be able to readjust their beliefs, I very much hope they find some form of peace in life, I know they will never be restored, their daughter Meredith died a horrible death, but her killer is in jail and justice has been served .. I hope one day they see this.

Yep, and her upcoming trial in June for police slander.

I hope she is found guilty of those and sent to italian prison for at least a little while. jmo

I predict that all of these satellite trials -- against her, her family, and journalists et al -- will all quietly disappear. As they should.

Guardian Liveblog:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...urder-trial-italy-court-decision-live-updates

Knox acquitted

The court has annulled the convictions of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in the 2007 murder of Meredith Kirchner, Reuters reports.

(...)

In a stunning turn in a legal saga that has lasted more than seven years, Italy’s high court has not only rejected the convictions of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, it has annulled them and declined to order another retrial.

After 10 hours of deliberations, the ruling closes the case, and Knox and Sollecito are free without fear of charges or, in Knox’s case, extradition to Italy.

Near Knox’s home in Seattle, Nicky Woolf hears what he believes are fireworks.

BBM

At last. Now they can finally get on with their lives.

Well done then! I suppose that the Italian courts are no longer corrupt ... they never were, but hopefully the verdict will quell any continuing fears that Italians are falsely imprisoned, their scientists are bumbling fools ... medieval, backwards, so on ... but that Italy is recognized as upholders of justice after making very, careful decisions - which take time. Eight years is a long time to get it right, but if Knox and Sollecito had not lied to police about so many things, maybe it would be different.

Forgive me for a wandering mind, but my first thoughts go to ... how can we make it up to her given that for 8 years she has been essentially persecuted. Maybe we could ask Amanda Knox to set up an A. Knox Creative Writing scholarship at her alma mater, or Meredith's, and we can give back.

Now is the time to write the real story. A story told with an ending sounds entirely different than a story told without one. She should take her millions, move to a quiet island, and write without anyone checking her work, and re-phrasing her words. Today, she has a story to tell, and she should start using her degree.

Hey Everyone,

Please remember no name calling of anyone.

Thank you,
Tricia

She can profit from anything she likes, she's been acquitted.

Yes. She is allowed to discuss and profit from telling the story of this witch hunt, poor forensic lack of standards, the <modsnip> court,and the incredible injustice she and RS have endured.

I think this is one of those cases in which something will come out in the future that will leave egg on the faces of those who really think she is innocent of any involvement.

As much as I can't stand Amanda, it pails in comparison of how I feel about a certain florida woman...

jmo

I think this is one of those cases in which something will come out in the future that will leave egg on the faces of those who really think she is innocent of any involvement.

I would hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members