GUILTY WY - Park Co., Male UP11992, decapitated, Jan'14 - Juan Guerra Torres

Few observations:
Not seeing or hearing in the reports much about the blue shirt.
Height of the UID is ranging from 5"5' to 5"8'
Native American description is not being used any more

Another thought I had was possibly that the reason this UID is superficially unidentifiable (no fingerprints or face) and hasn't been reported Missing - maybe possibly someone had stolen his identity and the UID is 'not missing' as such.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11992

Large blue short sleeve shirt, Levis blue jeans, size 36-30, brown belt with a stitched horse head and similar stitching on belt

Also has weight at 180, height at 64 inches.

I received a 'read receipt' from the Sheriffs Office, so I feel very good that the submission was accepted. I hope their maybe a reply, but I understand if there is not - they must be very busy with this case.
If I hear anything I will let you know.
:)

I should have posted earlier than this - sorry, I havent been looking at emails.

I was emailed back by Sheriff Steward - regarding:

MISSING PERSON #22232
Name: Ever Garcia Hernandez
Cochise County, Arizona
30 year old hispanic/latino male

The Sheriff replied:
Thank you for the information, but our body does not contain the tattoos that you described.

Grateful to hear back about the submission though.

4077FBE4DB94EF8832E4894C324490F8_787_442.jpg

Park County decapitated murder victim identified

CODY, Wyo. - The victim of the Little Sand Coulee homicide has been positively identified by Park County Sheriff's detectives as Juan Antonio Guerra Torres, a native of Guanajuato, Mexico.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/park-county-decapitated-murder-victim-identified/

Thank-you for the update Jacie Estes

LE did good job of bringing an identity home for this man. It would not have been easy. I am relieved he has a name now.

Guerra Torres, 30 at the time of his death, also had ties to the Park County area. His last known address was in Clark, Wyo., which is about 10 miles from where the body was discovered.

PS JE OT - I love your Abalone shell, feather and smudge picture - when I see it, I smile.

You're welcome. This is not that far down the interstate from us. It seems more like a cartel hit than a random killing with some violent person around.

I'm glad you like the picture; this is my morning routine as the sun is coming up.

Thank-you for the update Jacie Estes

LE did good job of bringing an identity home for this man. It would not have been easy. I am relieved he has a name now.

PS JE OT - I love your Abalone shell, feather and smudge picture - when I see it, I smile.

I agree Jacie. This is probably gang/cartel related in some way. He wasn't just some random victim. I seriously doubt this is ever solved. It is pretty frightening that this kind of crime reaches into even the most remote and quiet parts of the country.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...cle_e3d08b72-c0b4-56a3-ab6d-2bca2a5e834a.html

Investigators are now working to identify several persons of interest in the case but declined to name them, citing the ongoing investigation. They have left Wyoming and their movements are being monitored, Steward said in a news release.

They are also searching for several people known only as "Crocodile" or "Don Cheto" who might have been with Torres around the time of his death.

In addition, authorities are looking into a woman identified as Guerra-Torres' significant other. "Guerra-Torres was reportedly with a female, identified as Sandra Garcia, in close proximity to the time of his death.” Steward said in a news release. “And while we do not consider Garcia a suspect at this time, we are looking into her activities and movements in and around the time of Guerra-Torres’ death."

http://www.ktvq.com/story/28180768/cartel-activity-ruled-out-in-park-county-homicide

Park County Sheriff Scott Steward said Monday that Cartel activity was not a factor in Guerra-Torres's death, and believe the murder was an isolated crime...

The sheriff said investigators continue to review evidence collected despite some drawbacks along the way. Steward said he is confident charges will be filed soon, but said he can't disclose more information at this time...

"At this point, we don't believe it was Cartel, we believe it was drug related, but as far as Cartel-type relations we don't believe so," said Steward. "We believe it was somebody who personally knew this individual, and it was somebody they were close to, so I don't think it's a Cartel thing. I don't think we have any public worry about it happening again involving these same people. It was more of a personal attack. "

Wow, gruesome. We lived in Powell for three years and this case still shocks me. It's just not how things usually are out there.

CODY — Authorities have filed charges against three people in the death of a 30-year-old man who was found decapitated in northern Wyoming last year.

Juan Antonio Guerra-Torres was found dead on Jan. 9, 2014, along a remote dirt road in Park County.

The Park County Sheriff's Office on Friday identified the three taken into custody as 51-year-old John Louis Marquez; 27-year-old Sandra Garcia; and 28-year-old Pedro Garcia Jr.
http://trib.com/news/local/crime-an...cle_5bd84516-f6a8-59cb-91da-04ea2379a702.html

Thanks for the update, I saw this in my FB feed today but didn't have a chance to read the article and bring it over.

http://www.kbzk.com/story/28638169/...micide-case?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

Sandra Garcia described Guerra-Torres as being "mentally, emotionally and physically abusive," court records state. Pedro Garcia said he became worried about the family and agreed to help his sister. He said he would find someone to assist with the murder...

Sandra Garcia and Guerra-Torres made plans to meet John Marquez and Pedro Garcia on a dirt pullout near the Badger Basin Highway. Sandra Garcia had lied, telling Guerra-Torres that a narcotics deal would take place. When they arrived, Pedro Garcia said Marquez shot Guerra-Torres several times when he exited the vehicle. Sandra Garcia then left the scene.

Pedro Garcia and Marquez proceeded to load Guerra-Torres's body into the back of Marquez's pickup truck. The two men drove to Little Sand Coulee Road where they planned to dispose of the body. That's where Pedro Garcia said he saw Marquez removing body parts with an axe. Marquez reportedly placed the body parts into a black plastic bag and left the scene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back