GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I misunderstood. Thank you for correcting ;)
No worries. A lot of people think when the FBI comes in...they become the lead agency. They have offices in all states and staff to send to help the small agencies because of the vast amount of support they can make available. Huge help to the local agencies and the state level, too. But it is up to the local agency to be in charge of the case.

Everytime I lookk at Noah's beautiful round face I see an energic playful boy, with sparkling eyes, good skin, well fed and a robust body appearence. He seems happy and normal. Well cared. What could have happened for him to have all this lost...:(
Exactly what I see! I don't see any signs of abuse or neglect. He sparkles and shines. Noah is a handsome little fella.

Would the police automatically be aware of the property having a septic tank? Our water and waste goes straight into drains here and away to the plant that cleans the water and does whatever. Septic tanks aren't that common. Are they more common in the USA?

That is incorrect. The FBI at no time took over this case from the local authorities. The FBI was invited in to provide forensic support and expertise. They were there only to assist not to take over.

The FBI was there helping in all aspects of the search, not just forensic support.

And I find it hard to believe that the FBI, State Police and all the other organizations involved could suggest searching the septic tank and be turned down. If they really wanted to search that tank, it would have been searched before the tip.

Would the police automatically be aware of the property having a septic tank? Our water and waste goes straight into drains here and away to the plant that cleans the water and does whatever. Septic tanks aren't that common. Are they more common in the USA?

I think it depends on the area. Where I live I don't know any homes that DON'T have a septic tank.

ETA we have septics because there is no townwide sewer system. In towns with a sewer system it's still possible to have a septic, but without a sewer system like here, there's no other choice but septic. Believe me, I'd FAR rather be on a town system!

They are very common in the US. Especially in rural areas where people have a well instead of city water.

I think it depends. Where I live manufactured and mobile homes (really, any homes without concrete foundation) always have septic. Very rural homes, even with concrete foundation typically have septic. It would totally depend on the area, because some areas in the US have nothing but, and some don't have septic at all. I would say septic is pretty common, yes. At least, it's not uncommon.

By the sheriff acting so surly, it's probably best he didn't need to ask for the publics help. That, and the parents not saying anything....at least the media made people aware that Noah was missing.

Seems lately, it's agree to disagree....but, still the lecture always follows. :facepalm:

I am in the UK and septic tanks are common in rural areas. I live in a town now, so we are on the sewer system, but I grew up rurally and every house had a septic tank. I remember my parents putting theirs in when they built their house, and having to do drainage tests before hand. Our local council offers one empty for free per year.

I agree with others, I see no signs of abuse in the photos. He was beautiful, with a twinkle in his eye.

After seeing where little Noah was found, it makes me think of all the other young children who went missing and were never found, especially ones in rural areas. I wonder if septic tanks were searched in those cases. Maybe that is where some of those children ended up and were not found by law enforcement. This case has gotten me thinking about the unused septic tank in our front yard. We used the septic tank many years ago and had to have it pumped it quite often. It is a big underground cement box like structure that has a cement cover that is a few inches under the ground with dirt and grass over it. When sewers were put in, we hooked up to the sewer but never filled in the septic tank. It's mostly empty inside with some water in the bottom. One time someone drove their car over it and I nearly freaked out thinking they were going to cave it in and the car land in it. I warned them and they backed the car off it. But the septic tank is right in front of one of our flower beds by the front porch. It makes me wonder if it should be filled in. People and pets walk over it often. Now it has me worried.

<modsnip>

It would be so good to know they had nothing to do with his death1

By the sheriff acting so surly, it's probably best he didn't need to ask for the publics help. That, and the parents not saying anything....at least the media made people aware that Noah was missing.

Seems lately, it's agree to disagree....but, still the lecture always follows. :facepalm:

All due respect, and this is not to argue...pleas for tips and information from the public were made numerous times. (Not from the parents, of course.)

If my child dies, it would be no obituary. I would not like to share him with the world. My child, even dead, is mine, and it's no one's business but our family's what he was like in intimacy.
I feel completely different about that. My granddaughter was killed in a wreck three months ago. We had a funeral with family members remembering her. We had songs that she loved. We had remembrances and pictures of her all over the place. We talked about her, we hugged friends, and we remembered her. She had a Facebook page that we have kept open and we still share pictures and remembrances of happy times. Many of her friends still go to her page and read what we post and often post remembrances of their own. She loved people and people loved her and it is helping us all. People feel differently about things, but she made her mark on the world and we want to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong