GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE casually inspected the septic tank by looking inside, but chose not to to have it pumped, that leads me to believe that the lid was bolted down (or secured in some other way). If the lid was not bolted down, they would have pumped it right then and there. If the lid wasn't bolted down, then Noah could have accidentally fallen in. But if it didn't look disturbed, then it's less likely to have been an accident.

Then the tip comes in and they look a 2nd time and decide to have it pumped. Why was the 2nd time different?
1. The tip must have been substantial.
2. They were out of options, getting more desperate to find little Noah, and were being more thorough.

Any idea on what time they will announce the cod today?

I agree with you 100%.
I've been upset about this case since the day Noah went missing.
I am so upset that his little body was found in a septic tank.

I, REALLY pray, that. Somehow, this was a terrible accident And Noah went searching around, while his Mother was napping, and found an open
septic tank that, beside the terrible smell, He just...had to dive into and drown.
There is another side to this story.
WHAT if Noah was killed at his home, then dumped into the sewer??

The ME would be able to tell if he was killed prior to being in the septic tank. If he was already deceased there would be no materials found from the septic tank in his lungs.

And I think if someone tried to throw Noah down into the tank he would be kicking and screaming. So if someone else did this there should be defensive wounds on his body.

If LE casually inspected the septic tank by looking inside, but chose not to to have it pumped, that leads me to believe that the lid was bolted down (or secured in some other way). If the lid was not bolted down, they would have pumped it right then and there. If the lid wasn't bolted down, then Noah could have accidentally fallen in. But if it didn't look disturbed, then it's less likely to have been an accident.

Then the tip comes in and they look a 2nd time and decide to have it pumped. Why was the 2nd time different?
2. They were out of options, getting more desperate to find little Noah, and were being more thorough.

I totally agree with you. If the cover was above ground, unbolted and weighed just 2lb, then it was surely the first place to look - especially considering none of the neighbours had seen Noah around, and there were no sightings of him anywhere else. It would be logical that he must be somewhere very close by and an unsecured septic tank would be an accident waiting to happen. Therefore I don't believe LE would have dismissed poor Noah being in there with just a cursory peek inside.

However, I don't believe that it was set up that way - unbolted and above ground. I can't imagine any parents being happy to have a septic tank like that - one that could easily be opened by a 5 year old who was, apparently, allowed to play outside unsupervised. If I'm wrong, and it was an accident caused by an unsupervised child lifting up a very lightweight lid, which everyone knew about, then I think I might even feel more angry than I do now - at such a preventable death.

The ME would be able to tell if he was killed prior to being in the septic tank. If he was already deceased there would be no materials found from the septic tank in his lungs.

And I think if someone tried to throw Noah down into the tank he would be kicking and screaming. So if someone else did this there should be defensive wounds on his body.

Not necessarily - if a person was drugged or smothered in their sleep, there may be little sign of that person fighting back.

I find it to be a short time frame when mom last saw him, and to when she awoke and couldn't find him, to believe someone cause harm to him and put him down in the tank, which is in view of homes. Someone would be taking quite the chance of being seen. And not to mention mom might be looking out the window. But if the cover was on secure, what took place? Just so many questions. I hope we all get answers today. I feel so bad for Noah family and friends, and neighbors. Very sad. Sure makes me not to take for granted of what I have.

Not necessarily - if a person was drugged or smothered in their sleep, there may be little sign of that person fighting back.

Maybe I should clarify my previous post.

I wasn't talking about if someone killed Noah prior to being put in the tank when I posted about the defensive wounds he would have.

What I was talking about is if someone tried to force an alive Noah into the tank. He definitely would be kicking and screaming, and there would be defensive wounds/bruising as the perp wrestled with him to get him down in it. IMO

I find it to be a short time frame when mom last saw him, and to when she awoke and couldn't find him, to believe someone cause harm to him and put him down in the tank, which is in view of homes. Someone would be taking quite the chance of being seen. And not to mention mom might be looking out the window. But if the cover was on secure, what took place? Just so many questions. I hope we all get answers today. I feel so bad for Noah family and friends, and neighbors. Very sad. Sure makes me not to take for granted of what I have.

Assuming that the parents gave an accurate timeline. Something could have happened Sat. night.

Lol, I've often wonder if LE hates sites like this.

I have a feeling some of them really resent sites like WS, however some LE actually appreciate all the help they can get on a missing child or adult.

While reading Help Find Noah, his father has a job with well known company.
Asking for donations for funeral.
No wake, private funeral (because of hate for family,)
when I read that, I was shocked...............
why would a young couple with 2 little children be hated ?)
Was family not liked BEFORE this happened? or jus after Noah went missing or found?
Seemed every person able to search did so out of love............

I have been reading the articles where it mentioned a man having his FB hacked by an ex and vile comments about Noah were posted. This resulted in a man posting an address for an innocent family with a toddler and they are in fear for their safety and had to leave their homes. Isn't it bad enough that an innocent child has lost his life? To think that anyone would use that as revenge against an ex is just appalling!

I am hoping additional information is released today, wondering what happened to Noah is just eating away at me!

Was family not liked BEFORE this happened? or jus after Noah went missing or found?

My personal opinion on this is that the public is judging and blaming the family before even knowing if this was an accident or something more. I can totally see how the parents would fear for their safety right now. I am hoping that LE releases some sort of statement soon

Is there a press conference scheduled today, or are we hoping autopsy results will be released?

In one of the news videos (linked below), the female reporter said she had seen the sod ON the septic lid earlier that day (which was the day after his body was found), and when she asked if it was that way originally, she wasn't getting answers from police.

In that same video, a SAR representative says how on day one they might not put the effort into searching a septic tank, but by day 5, 'that's where they're at'. It is almost as if he is saying, that is simply the progression of the investigation, as opposed to that a tip was received.. or.. perhaps he meant.. as someone on here previously reported, LE was getting a tip from somewhere suggesting they check the septic, but they didn't feel there was enough reason..... until perhaps day 5?

Personally, I would think that would be one of the first places they would check, just to be proactive and prove due diligence.. but as you said, if everything appeared untampered with, there really wouldn't have been a reason to go to that length.. unless they were specifically looking for criminal activity right on the boy's own property. In the beginning, they were merely looking for a lost boy, not one who would be down a tank with the lid back on properly and the sod over top as it should be, with everything appearing untouched.

http://www.wset.com/clip/11286692/investigators-yard-searched-many-times-before-noah-was-fond

we heard from aunt & uncle..........are there grandparents?
seems so sad to read everything in general.............

I don't think this case will show as a homicide now. It's taking too long. The autopsy would show obvious signs trauma if there was any to Noah's body. If his lungs have sludge in them, then he drowned. If there was anything suspicious at all, I think we would have some info. The entire contents of the septic was removed and the truck that removed it is having the contents analysed. If it was homicide, the ME would have the info by now. Unless it has to do with the paperwork aspect of things, as someone mentioned on here, I doubt there will be any charges. If the parents did not do this, there could be a dangerous person lurking and I don't see LE bringing that point up at all. There are lots of kids around, as evidenced by the photos on the help find noah facebook. I could be totally wrong on this. If there is an official presser today, I will watch.

I haven't read that it will be a private funeral for family only. Do you have a link? TIA!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I think the internment will be private not the funeral. It was in the obit which I can't find right now. It was brief and stated that another obit would follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021