TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

John Lennon wrote “Dear Prudence” for her after he was dispatched to coax her out of her meditation hut. The lyrics — “Won’t you come out to play?” — were a comment on her fanatical devotion to the discipline.
She'd been locked in for three weeks and wouldn’t come out, trying to reach God quicker than anybody else,” Lennon said. As Prudence herself noted years later, “I wanted to be immersed fully in the divine.”
Shortly after the song was released, Prudence married Albert Bruns, a New York teacher. By 1980, however, it was widely known that she was dating Robert Durst, the handsome heir apparent to a real-estate dynasty that owned most of Times Square.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/28/woman-who-inspired-the-beatles-dear-prudence-once-dated-robert-durst/

2 articles in same paper on March 14, 1982 re: KD disappearance. One interviewing Lt. Gibbons and Det Strunk, the other friend Gilberta.

Lt Gibbons:"Police are convinced Mrs. Durst DID arrive at her 37 Riverside apartment.......
He refuses to identify the witness"

View attachment KD 3-14-82 Gibbons and Gilberta.pdf

John Lennon wrote “Dear Prudence” for her after he was dispatched to coax her out of her meditation hut. The lyrics — “Won’t you come out to play?” — were a comment on her fanatical devotion to the discipline.
She'd been locked in for three weeks and wouldn’t come out, trying to reach God quicker than anybody else,” Lennon said. As Prudence herself noted years later, “I wanted to be immersed fully in the divine.”
Shortly after the song was released, Prudence married Albert Bruns, a New York teacher. By 1980, however, it was widely known that she was dating Robert Durst, the handsome heir apparent to a real-estate dynasty that owned most of Times Square.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/28/woman-who-inspired-the-beatles-dear-prudence-once-dated-robert-durst/
I, among many I am sure, am seethingly indignant that the hard-won peace and privacy of Prudence and her family have been blown to smithereens!!!

And Albert Bruns is SO much more than a NYC schoolteacher. He traveled the states establishing the great Transcendental Meditation Centers of the '70s and did much to "share the love and increase the peace" worldwide.

Please world, leave these beautiful souls in peace and honor their wonderful contributions to creating a better world.

I will be sending loving and protective thoughts to surround them and hope many others will also.

[emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171] [emoji171]

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/03/27/robert-durst-will-keystone-cops-let-suspect-skate-again/

The search for truth is muddied as the lawyers, with their clever manipulations, render gray the color of reasonable doubt. Given the copious and confounding mistakes committed by cops, the Durst case is looking pretty gray right now.

Had the disappearance of Kathleen Durst and the murder of Susan Berman been properly investigated in their early stages, Durst might not have been walking the streets of Galveston, Texas dressed as a mute woman while secretly chopping up the body of his neighbor, Morris Black.

Indeed, had police searched diligently for evidence of a crime, cover-up, deception and incriminating evidence when Kathie first disappeared, Berman might be alive today.

Former ADA Kevin Hynes Also Says Durst Family Covered For Robert Durst, and Implies Prosecutor May Have Been Influenced to Stop Case From Going to Grand Jury

“There was a meeting between and it’s been reported– between Jeanine Pirro who was the District Attorney at the time, and Douglas Durst, the brother. And that meeting takes place around the time when we’re making the decision whether or not to go to the Grand Jury. And Murphy and I had presented the case to the District Attorney and her people and recommended that we go to the Grand Jury. “

“I mean look, I know that they covered. That they did not help at all in ’82. I know that when I was calling them to ask them to come in to talk to us, to help us, that they did not help us. And they had lawyers call us and tell us to stop. I know that at some point Jeanine Pirro and Douglas Durst had a meeting. And I was told that we can’t go to the grand jury yet. I mean to me…I mean to watch Douglas Durst now say, ‘Oh, I’m relieved that it’s happened. I’m relieved that my brother’s locked up.’ I mean bull****. bull****. You could have locked him up in 2000 if you had told us the truth. Could have locked him up in ’82 if you told us the truth, in my view. Now, he’s going to say what he’s going to say. But he’s never helped the prosecution at all.”

Former ADA Kevin Hynes Also Says Durst Family Covered For Robert Durst, and Implies Prosecutor May Have Been Influenced to Stop Case From Going to Grand Jury

“There was a meeting between and it’s been reported– between Jeanine Pirro who was the District Attorney at the time, and Douglas Durst, the brother. And that meeting takes place around the time when we’re making the decision whether or not to go to the Grand Jury. And Murphy and I had presented the case to the District Attorney and her people and recommended that we go to the Grand Jury. “

“I mean look, I know that they covered. That they did not help at all in ’82. I know that when I was calling them to ask them to come in to talk to us, to help us, that they did not help us. And they had lawyers call us and tell us to stop. I know that at some point Jeanine Pirro and Douglas Durst had a meeting. And I was told that we can’t go to the grand jury yet. I mean to me…I mean to watch Douglas Durst now say, ‘Oh, I’m relieved that it’s happened. I’m relieved that my brother’s locked up.’ I mean bull****. bull****. You could have locked him up in 2000 if you had told us the truth. Could have locked him up in ’82 if you told us the truth, in my view. Now, he’s going to say what he’s going to say. But he’s never helped the prosecution at all.”

If this is trying to imply that Jeanne Pirro slacked off on going after Durst because of the brother, that is ludicrous. There is no way if she had enough to secure conviction she wouldn't. She has wanted Durst for decades.

If this is trying to imply that Jeanne Pirro slacked off on going after Durst because of the brother, that is ludicrous. There is no way if she had enough to secure conviction she wouldn't. She has wanted Durst for decades.

I agree. She wanted to nail RD in a big way, if even just for the fame it would bring. I wish we knew more about her convo with DD. Hynes is right about DD though.

Prosecutor Who Left Crash Site Is Asked to Resign

Mr. Hynes, a resident of Rye, is the son of the Brooklyn district attorney, Charles J. Hynes, and was the third-ranking prosecutor in Ms. Pirro's office. It was unclear if he had complied with Ms. Pirro's request to resign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/11/nyregion/prosecutor-who-left-crash-site-is-asked-to-resign.html

Prosecutor Who Left Crash Site Is Asked to Resign

Mr. Hynes, a resident of Rye, is the son of the Brooklyn district attorney, Charles J. Hynes, and was the third-ranking prosecutor in Ms. Pirro's office. It was unclear if he had complied with Ms. Pirro's request to resign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/11/nyregion/prosecutor-who-left-crash-site-is-asked-to-resign.html

I am not sure what this has to do with the case. He did not resign over the durst case. I am just not putting something together here.

ETA: I believe this is a sour grapes accusation.. I think that is what you are also saying???

I am not sure what this has to do with the case. He did not resign over the durst case. I am just not putting something together here.

May have grudge against Pirro.

Site where Hynes is quoted is primarily a "comedy" news one. Author: I. Staff

And along with the above article, this NYTimes article from August 8, 2004 :

"But this strange story of the prosecutor, the abandoned car and the Heineken goes further than poetic payback for teenagers. Mr. Hynes, who turned 40 last Tuesday, is the son of Charles J. Hynes, the Brooklyn district attorney. Ms. Pirro hired him in 2002; according to Journal News reports, this occurred shortly after he wrote to a judge supporting the character of her husband, Albert Pirro, who was then facing sentencing for tax evasion.

Nothing that reminds county residents of Mr. Pirro's Wagnerian legal entanglement is good for Ms. Pirro. But the real interest here is that in hightailing it from the scene of the bent county car, which was found two Saturday mornings ago with its airbags deployed, Ms. Pirro's understudy inadvertently cast light on an interesting legal issue."

More...

COUNTY LINES; The Son Also Runs
By MAREK FUCHS

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/08/nyregion/county-lines-the-son-also-runs.html

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2015/03/30/deguerins-dilemma-post-jinx-can-robert-durst-win-again/

Much speculation centers on the explosive audio recording heard in the last scene of “The Jinx,” in which Durst utters the words: “Killed them all, of course.” Its admissibility as evidence is in question, given that Durst appeared to be unaware his microphone was live, and that the meaning of private mumblings isn’t as straightforward as an answer to a question. But Benjamin Brafman, who has represented Michael Jackson, Sean “Diddy”’ Combs and real estate mogul Charles Kushner, pointed out a more technical issue that stands in the way of admission: the statement refers to multiple murders.

I think it will come in. He knew that the mics did not go off. He was told on camera that the mics were live over and over. He took the mic into the bathroom. If you ask me he did it on purpose to give them something and so he could dodge it. I believe he loves cat and mouse.

Agreed. This man is a combination of mental health problems and a coddled (money and connection-wise) upbringing that never required him to take responsibility for anything. That is one hellish combination.

http://www.vice.com/read/this-is-what-robert-durst-was-like-in-prison-330

Sometimes I saw Durst in the chow hall with the Kensington Gang Bangers. To me, he always looked visibly shaken up—in a zone, mumbling to himself all the time. I would see him going to the prison commissary and carrying a small bag, unlike most prisoners who buy their whole limit in one shot and take big hauls back to their units. But I didn't really know Durst like my Russian friend did.

"He was a nice guy, always tried to help people out," my friend says. "He helped me out on my real estate ventures when we got home. I actually had a few journalists reach out to me asking questions about him—about his real estate dealings mainly, about his wife, who's a big real estate broker and owner in New York City. I met him a bunch of times since he got out. I went with him on his trespassing trial." (Durst was arrested in 2013 for violating a restraining order his brother Douglas placed against him.)

Yeah, doesn't seem to be able to get by w/o his pot. Some other peculiarities make me wonder about benzos, too.

Another woman?

Robert Durst’s Wife Steps Back After Years of Defending Him
By CHARLES V. BAGLIMARCH 31, 2015
New York Times

After Mr. Durst adopted an alias and drove to New Orleans several weeks ago in what the authorities believe was a nascent plan to flee the country, perhaps to Cuba, his first phone call was to another woman (not Charatan) in New York. That woman sent him a piece of luggage containing, the authorities said, shoes and $117,000 in cash. By then, Mr. Durst was in police custody.​

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/01/n...-steps-back-after-years-of-defending-him.html

I wonder if the woman mentioned in the article is that Susan T. S. G. person who was storing some of his papers and belongings? Based on the random quote below, my guess would be probably so.

"He spent time occasionally with Ms. Giordano and her family. About three years ago, Ms. Giordano said, Ms. Charatan sent her Mr. Durst’s file boxes for safekeeping.""

I wonder if the woman mentioned in the article is that Susan T. S. G. person who was storing some of his papers and belongings? Based on the random quote below, my guess would be probably so.

"He spent time occasionally with Ms. Giordano and her family. About three years ago, Ms. Giordano said, Ms. Charatan sent her Mr. Durst’s file boxes for safekeeping.""

It could possibly be Girodano . Charatan would have had to be involved in getting the $117K to her to send to RD. Maybe that lawyer gal pal in TX, Yolanda Torres has some control over his financial affairs as well? RD had a lot of ladies doing dirty work for him IMO.

Just thinking out loud here, but after reading the enclosed article about the inmate being in the same prison as Durst and Durst wore paper pants and appeared
to be very poor, it makes me think of Vinnie "the Chin" Gigante. Wasn't he the mobster that used to walk the streets of Little Italy accompanied by a mobster
on each arm helping him walk, all the while he wore a bathrobe pretending to be nuttier than a fruitcake at Christmastime?

But all the while, it was just a elaborate con game for the FBI.

I think Robert Durst is taking the lead from Vinnie "the Chin" in always pretending to be nuts, all the while, a true sick psychopath or sociopath,
without a drop of remorse, and any person who can cut up a body like that is not anybody I'd want to meet in a dark ally.

I think the whole muttering thing is an act. He's an addict - smoking pot the way he does.

Too funny! My 84 yo dad and I were talking about just this over the weekend. Vinnie "the chin" and his bathrobe. VG was totally putting on a show. I think DeGuerin would love to see RD put on a similar show but RD would balk at it. He is too narcissistic and believes he is a very special, super smart guy and trying to project that is exactly what has gotten him is trouble. He wouldn't want to look like a crazy, feeble, man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back