Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're retired and I am so sick of paying almost $200 a month watching crap. If I could just figure out the logistics of antennas and Hulu, Netflix and Amazon, we can cut the cord. Have any of you done it?

We did. We cut down to the bare basics of cable. We get local and a couple channels like CNN and Tru-tv. We got tired of over paying. We use Netflix and redbox now. It was worth the over $900. we save a year.

I read a lot of the minute entries and the court docket over the weekend. This woman literally tried to get everything precluded. She wanted all TV interviews precluded, and actually got part of them precluded. Remember the part about "I will never spend one day in prison for a crime I didn't commit." ? She said this in a 48 hour interview. She would say now that so far that is the truth, because she is not in prison YET. Also she tried to file a motion to keep the Prosecution from referring to TA as a victim. Can you imagine that? If you look at the docket, you will notice that almost every day of the last seven years she has been filing one motion after another. She also got the 911 call precluded, how did she do this??? Different judges on some of this stuff. She tried to get the entire County Attorneys office precluded from prosecuting her. And the most important thing I noticed is, if at first you don't succeed, try try again, she refiled the motion asking to be reconsidered. On the forged letters, she tried 5 different times to get them into evidence, asking the court to reconsider. I think that should be a crime. But if I remember correctly, JW did it to JSS over and over again and sometime JSS gave in. Inmate JA can never say they didn't work over time, and use all means (legal and illegal) to defend her.

Nurmi tried over and over again to get ALL CHARGES DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE DUE TO EGREIOUS PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. It made me sick every time I read that on the docket. JW tried to get Dr. H testimony about head wound precluded due to lack of expert knowledge. Hodi wanted the victim statement done by video tape to reduce their impact on the jury. Of course there is the regular (at least 15) motions for protection order for Inmate CMJA.

Then we have the usual precluded motions for the missing stolen gun evidence, the prior interviews with detectives, the fact that she shows no remorse, also she didn't want JM to be able to tell jury she had a duty to retreat. She wanted the jury to hear polygraph evidence at sentencing. Did she take a polygraph?? I didn't know about that. But mostly what you will see is Motions to Dismiss, and an equal number of motions to reconsider the ones that were denied.

A BIG shoutout to Samspace for the posts on minute entries. Thanks, not only have they jogged my memory but I have learned a few new things.

To add to TexMex's info on BK vid.

BK discussed "strikes" during jury selection, she said there are 2 types of strikes; "For Cause" and "Peremptory". There is no limit to "For Cause" strikes and they are argued to the Judge based on what "cause" is cited and the Judge decides whether or not the person is struck from being a juror. "Peremptory" strikes are limited (in this case 10 per side) in which the Prosecution or Defense can remove a juror without cause. She explained that she has seen cases in which each side has had 20 per side (PT & DT), and mentioned that to her 10 is not many, particularly for a DP case. She speculated that JM very well could have run out of "preemptory" strikes and thus was left with J17.

Per BK, the process of peremptory strikes in juror selection is not part of the videos released but there may be transcripts that will be released after sentencing.

What's up with cmja's teeth? Have they changed or is it just me?

:D:D:D :D:D:D :D:D:D

:seeya: No, it's not you ... I noticed these changes as well when I was looking at the photos posted on the JAII site.

Now, maybe some of the photos are 'photo shopped' and that is why her teeth look straight and even ?

But there is one photo on the JAII site where her teeth do not look as even as the other photos.

I hope that made sense.

:seeya: And Good Morning, Y'all !

We're retired too. We bought 2 - HD antennaes, 1 Apple TV and 1 Roku - kept the internet package the same and we are saving over 100 per month.

I totally agree. Never believed the last photo was taken the day of Travis' murder. She's a most evil, conniving thing.... A master of deception.

Also, if you look closely on the right (as we view it) of her face in the nudie head shot, she appears to have two blemishes, just below the cheek bone in front of where the hair strand ends and lower towards the chin on the jaw line:

jahead300_zpst2rhshcy.jpg

which do not appear in the pic taken the day before:

ja6308crotate_zpsvqtxnifi.jpg

Also notice the shape of her inner eyebrow (I rotated that pic to get a similar angle), esp. the one on the right, much wider in the nudie pic.

12 days 'til justice

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2
Yep. And two weeks from today (hopefully) she'll wake up to the first day of the rest of her life at chez Perryville. :)

She looks like she used a filter and makeup that was totally not the right shade for her. Her face has an orange tint.

I think several things were in the mix. One might be being receiving stolen property - dvd player etc from granny's and or was the whole "broke in" and took the things for Jodi. Jodi wrote that MM was in Mesa April 1, 2008 when she was leaving Mesa and that she met up with him in Salinas, and he was in Yreka when she got back after killing Travis. Juan asked Jodi if she was sure could trust MM. It looked like it kinds rattled Jodi.

She also wrote that when she and Travis broke up that she moved to Big Sur with Matt. She moved to Mesa a month later, and he didn't think it was a good idea. Jodi hadn't spoken to him since she moved to Mesa three three months before because that he thought she needed to be committed. I had never heard about her moving because of Travis and their "official" breakup to Big Sur. I thought it was because she' walked off from the house.

Matt is a mystery. Wasn't he the one into Buddhism and spiritual things....how does cold blooded murder fall into that. Also, he is the one that broke it off with Jodi....so what was she in the end to him? I wish it would spill the beans...but Jodi might have something over him, like drug dealing??

And he knew she was nuts....he was the one that called JA's mother.

BBM
I agree 1000000000%. Nothing they say will make a difference to her anyway.

I hope they make it all about Travis, his life, his legacy, the lives he touched.....

Jodi who?

I hope so too! For one thing, it would allow Travis to finally RIP and would begin a major healing process for them.

An added bonus is that the killer will feel slighted if HE gets a mention and SHE doesn't. It's the way her twisted mind works...negative attention is better than none at all.

Arias cannot feel remorse or shame or empathy for anyone, but she can feel slighted. And that feeling would nag her because she is unable to let anything go. It would fester and grow in her cesspool of a mind.

Message to the Alexanders: If you speak at the sentencing, give Killer Arias no more of your attention, not even the negative kind. Speak of Travis's prophecy instead, of how he called her evil and the worst thing that ever happened to him. But whatever you say, say it to the judge, not the killer. Ignore the killer. Make her feel slighted; it will piss her off more than anything you could say directly to her.

She looks like she used a filter and makeup that was totally not the right shade for her. Her face has an orange tint.

I think it's just because she always had to put the makeup on really heavy to achieve her desired look. I mean, her looks were entirely the result of makeup, and lots of it. We've seen how she looks without it.

Yeah, it looks like she did an all over foundation too light (probably to lighten her natural skin), then did too much liquid bronzer which can give an orange effect. Especially if it's not blended properly. See how to's and fails on contoring. The whole face is a how not to contour. (Which is using highlighter and bronzer to give your face a sculpted effect)

image.jpg

I'd rather look at pics of Travis

On April 13, who will be the last person to speak, other than the judge? If Travis' family speaks I hope the murderer will not be allowed to speak after them.

I hope so too! For one thing, it would allow Travis to finally RIP and would begin a major healing process for them.

An added bonus is that the killer will feel slighted if HE gets a mention and SHE doesn't. It's the way her twisted mind works...negative attention is better than none at all.

Arias cannot feel remorse or shame or empathy for anyone, but she can feel slighted. And that feeling would nag her because she is unable to let anything go. It would fester and grow in her cesspool of a mind.

Message to the Alexanders: If you speak at the sentencing, give Killer Arias no more of your attention, not even the negative kind. Speak of Travis's prophecy instead, of how he called her evil and the worst thing that ever happened to him. But whatever you say, say it to the judge, not the killer. Ignore the killer. Make her feel slighted; it will piss her off more than anything you could say directly to her.

I really love this. The Alexanders' pain makes Travis' murderer ecstatic; as a sadist, she feeds off their anguish and gets to murder them as well. Hearing only good things about him, being ignored- that will enrage her beyond words.

What's up with cmja's teeth? Have they changed or is it just me?
They look more rodent-ish and yellow. Maybe she had veneers that fell off? Or she ran out of Crest Whitestrips in the slammer.

Same for me. I watched during quite a while until I realized it was not LaV but Fonseca. Both are very hard (to stay polite) to listen to.

They are both disgusting to me. Their lack of respect for Mt Martinez was over the top. Lies, conjecture and more lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member