GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANomyMs.....many thanks for your beautifully written post!

Hi I know Dublin is small. I am from rural new Brunswick. All kids leave their toys and and bikes out. Did he ride his that morning? If not why not? Sorry I was being cryptic I guess.

AnonyMs: A lovely insightful post. If only I could write so eloquently.

Are we just assuming the parents are low income because they rented a mobile home and both worked? The reason I ask is because both of my kids lived in inexpensive rentals for years while they saved up huge down payments for their first homes. They saved on their utilities, no property taxes, no home maintenance costs and they liked the location, neighbors and school district their kids were in. I suppose some would think they were low income but they were far from it.

Yes I am aware there are further tests that are awaited, but haven't seen them state they are specifically waiting for tox tests. Anyone?

It's standard procedure and they do take weeks to complete but no, I haven't seen where it was stated. IF there was a crime scene, the coroner would also take into account any evidence from the scene, possibly even electronic forensics. They could be waiting on other testing as well as the tox reports IMO.

JMO
I have been thinking about this case a lot, as most of us have.
There are parts that remind me of Jenise Wright.
Is it possible Noah was being molested by a neighbor? Could this neighbor have gone so far this time that it ended violently, like Jenise Wright, and the body containing the evidence, needed to be disposed of in a dirty, murky place like Jenise Wright?

Purely speculation. I have NO evidence to support this.

Ha.. Welcome to the club. I completely lost it last year in a case where a woman had gone missing. When she was discovered dead of a suicide, It affected me deeply and I completely lost it. I had so much invested in that case and it just took me down when I learned of her death.
I have learned since then to follow and care but not invest too much. It just tears you apart too much.

We all make mistakes and all need a reminder now and again.

Aw, hon, I had to walk away from that same case. I couldn't believe how much that case affected me, and I still think of her all the time. Hugs.

This is a good reminder, because no one can participate in these threads without being emotionally affected over and over again. Sometimes that comes out.

I've been thinking a lot about little Noah's case too.I've been thinking if this was not an accident and people talked bad about the parent's then maybe some one killed little Noah to get back at them. I kept asking about who lived in the white house now or if it was vacant to see if any one new to area just moved in recently,the past 6 months or around that time period that could have done something to Noah.I keep coming back to who would have known about where that septic was? The scent dogs did not trace him to the septic tank.That bothers me and I just can't get past that.If another boy killed him over a fight or something what happened accident,planned murder? I'm just curious where are his pokemon cards, were they found inside the house or outside of the house or were they found at all.This all makes me very sad for little Noah.I do pray they find the truth about what happened to him.

I've been thinking a lot about little Noah's case too.I've been thinking if this was not an accident and people talked bad about the parent's then maybe some one killed little Noah to get back at them. I kept asking about who was lived in the white house now or if it was vacant to see if any one new to area just moved in recently,the past 6 months or around that time period that could have done something to Noah.I keep coming back to who would have known about where that septic was? The scent dogs did not trace him to the septic tank.That bothers me and I just can't get past that.If another boy killed him over a fight or something what happened accident,planned murder? I'm just curious where are his pokemon cards, were they found inside the house or outside of the house or were they found at all.This all makes me very sad for little Noah.I do pray they find the truth about what happened to him.
I'm no longer of the opinion that the parents are responsible. I am thinking it was a neighbor, and a child molesting one. Maybe another, older kid....

This reply is not aimed specifically at you, so please do not be offended. I am just using your post as an example of many others (hope that is ok!)

I think it may be difficult for people who have never lived in a small town, never lived in a rural area, or never lived near or among lower income families (or been lower income themselves) to understand some of the specific things seen and heard and read in this investigation.

Dublin is a town of (as of 2013) 2,493 people. There are a couple of hundred US high schools with more students than that. The housing development I live in that borders a rural area has more than 1400 homes in it alone. Dublin is a *small town*. Pulaski County crime statistics show their crime rates to be the low end of average.

The house Noah lived in was a mobile home. It sat behind another house, off the main road, down the hill. While that road is pretty well traveled according to news articles (it is a popular short cut for locals between two other major road ways), it is local traffic. People who live in that community mainly.

There are lots of people who let their kids play in the yard. They leave their toys laying out. They don't lock bikes up. Whether they can't be bothered, don't think it is necessary, or just never thought about it - for whatever reason, having stuff laying out in your yard is not uncommon in many rural/residential areas.

This is not meant to disparage anyone who lives near Noah's family (or any other rural community!) but look at the news footage. Cruise some of the video links and image galleries. There is a lot of "stuff" sitting out and around the home (and the neighbors). It is just how many people live.

The home he lived in had no carport or garage. It looks like there was at least one shed on the property but we don't know if it was theirs or belonged to the white house in front. But where else would he store his toys? Lock his bike up?

The home he lived in is an older model mobile home. I read a comment somewhere that said, "I wouldn't go for a nap upstairs while my kid played in the living room." There is no upstairs. There isn't much room to the home at all and probably very little soundproofing. Each person can form their own opinions from this, but when you live in a mobile home, you don't really have room to distance yourself from anyone else in the home. You can pretty much hear what is going on anywhere else in the home.

It was mentioned on Nancy Grace (please, seriously, forgive me referencing Nancy Grace!!!) that Noah's mother worked "late" or worked nights. That is why she was so tired during the day. They must have only one working vehicle, that's why they had to get up, go drop his father at work and come home. It appears that this family was working hard to make ends meet. It is really difficult to fathom when you have never been in that position. It easy to dismiss another adult's poor judgments when you have never been forced to make the same decision yourself. There are a lot of people in the U.S. who barely scrape by, paycheck to paycheck. They have kids, too.

Chronic sleep deprivation and daytime somolence is a significant factor in major industrial accidents & a common cause of vehicle accidents. It leads to anxiety, depression, brain fog, forgetfulness, and health problems. At some point, our bodies DO just shut down.

But when there is rent to pay and bills are due and the kids need to be fed, many parents do what they feel they have to do. Many parents work opposing shifts from each other to save on childcare costs. If you are working a low paying, hourly job, child care costs can easily eat up or even exceed your paycheck.

I am not necessarily defending Ashley White. But it seems to me, based on a number of questions and comments, that many people don't really understand the kind of stress factors that lower income families face. Nor do many people have a grasp on what the lifestyle is like in rural, small towns in America.

Take it as you will and draw your own opinions from it. This is just my contribution to helping people better understand potential circumstances in the case.

Beautiful post. As someone who taught( mostly elementary ) school for 33 years, I totally understand your point. While the district,I taught in is not considered small,it varied very much. There are houses that cost a couple of million and there are homes that are much smaller. The neighborhood that fed into my school also varied. Some parents were quite affluent and some lived in mostly illegal apartments in people's houses. Many of these were basement apartments. We even had 1 child whose mom worked,but we discovered that they were living in her car. I had many parents that worked 2 jobs just to pay the rent and feed their children. Many of them were exhausted,functioning on very little sleep daily. I would never judge,Noah's mom. We don't know if she did anything to him. She sounds like many mothers that are sleep deprived. It wasn't the wisest decision to make,but if this turns out to be a tragic accident,she will live with this decision for the rest of her life. Until things are proven differently, I'm giving her the benefit of doubt. If she is innocent,I pray she has support to overcome this tradegy.

Beautiful post. As someone who taught( mostly elementary ) school for 33 years, I totally understand your point. While the district,I taught in is not considered small,it varied very much. There are houses that cost a couple of million and there are homes that are much smaller. The neighborhood that fed into my school also varied. Some parents were quite affluent and some lived in mostly illegal apartments in people's houses. Many of these were basement apartments. We even had 1 child whose mom worked,but we discovered that they were living in her car. I had many parents that worked 2 jobs just to pay the rent and feed their children. Many of them were exhausted,functioning on very little sleep daily. I would never judge,Noah's mom. We don't know if she did anything to him. She sounds like many mothers that are sleep deprived. It wasn't the wisest decision to make,but if this turns out to be a tragic accident,she will live with this decision for the rest of her life. Until things are proven differently, I'm giving her the benefit of doubt. If she is innocent,I pray she has support to overcome this tradegy.
Absolutely. <3

This reply is not aimed specifically at you, so please do not be offended. I am just using your post as an example of many others (hope that is ok!)

I think it may be difficult for people who have never lived in a small town, never lived in a rural area, or never lived near or among lower income families (or been lower income themselves) to understand some of the specific things seen and heard and read in this investigation.

Dublin is a town of (as of 2013) 2,493 people. There are a couple of hundred US high schools with more students than that. The housing development I live in that borders a rural area has more than 1400 homes in it alone. Dublin is a *small town*. Pulaski County crime statistics show their crime rates to be the low end of average.

The house Noah lived in was a mobile home. It sat behind another house, off the main road, down the hill. While that road is pretty well traveled according to news articles (it is a popular short cut for locals between two other major road ways), it is local traffic. People who live in that community mainly.

There are lots of people who let their kids play in the yard. They leave their toys laying out. They don't lock bikes up. Whether they can't be bothered, don't think it is necessary, or just never thought about it - for whatever reason, having stuff laying out in your yard is not uncommon in many rural/residential areas.

This is not meant to disparage anyone who lives near Noah's family (or any other rural community!) but look at the news footage. Cruise some of the video links and image galleries. There is a lot of "stuff" sitting out and around the home (and the neighbors). It is just how many people live.

The home he lived in had no carport or garage. It looks like there was at least one shed on the property but we don't know if it was theirs or belonged to the white house in front. But where else would he store his toys? Lock his bike up?

The home he lived in is an older model mobile home. I read a comment somewhere that said, "I wouldn't go for a nap upstairs while my kid played in the living room." There is no upstairs. There isn't much room to the home at all and probably very little soundproofing. Each person can form their own opinions from this, but when you live in a mobile home, you don't really have room to distance yourself from anyone else in the home. You can pretty much hear what is going on anywhere else in the home.

It was mentioned on Nancy Grace (please, seriously, forgive me referencing Nancy Grace!!!) that Noah's mother worked "late" or worked nights. That is why she was so tired during the day. They must have only one working vehicle, that's why they had to get up, go drop his father at work and come home. It appears that this family was working hard to make ends meet. It is really difficult to fathom when you have never been in that position. It easy to dismiss another adult's poor judgments when you have never been forced to make the same decision yourself. There are a lot of people in the U.S. who barely scrape by, paycheck to paycheck. They have kids, too.

Chronic sleep deprivation and daytime somolence is a significant factor in major industrial accidents & a common cause of vehicle accidents. It leads to anxiety, depression, brain fog, forgetfulness, and health problems. At some point, our bodies DO just shut down.

But when there is rent to pay and bills are due and the kids need to be fed, many parents do what they feel they have to do. Many parents work opposing shifts from each other to save on childcare costs. If you are working a low paying, hourly job, child care costs can easily eat up or even exceed your paycheck.

I am not necessarily defending Ashley White. But it seems to me, based on a number of questions and comments, that many people don't really understand the kind of stress factors that lower income families face. Nor do many people have a grasp on what the lifestyle is like in rural, small towns in America.

Take it as you will and draw your own opinions from it. This is just my contribution to helping people better understand potential circumstances in the case.

Clicking the thanks button wasn't enough. This is one of the best posts that I have read here.

Much to the dismay of the FB trolls.

Huh? I think that there were many that expected that they might not attend given their private nature while he was missing but I don't recall seeing anyone hoping that they wouldn't attend.

ETA: I think that most were hoping that they would attend if for no other reason than to finally get a glimpse of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member