Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motion to Dismiss the States Intent to Seek the Death Penalty Oct. 1 2014

What's interesting are the Exhibits, starting on page 24.... JA inmate grievance, disciplinary

report and messages with Corinna Flores.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/241659059/Jodi-Arias-Motion-Oct-1

I noticed JW signed that motion not KN. It sounded just like her childish whining she resented being compared to Sarah Palin. Well here is a news flash for JW "SARAH PALIN IS BETTER LOOKING THAN JW. As far as intelligence, "SARAH PALIN IS PROBABLY MORE INTELLIGENT THAN JW ALSO." So all in all no insult, more like a compliment.

JM said he would kill himself if he was married to JW, no insult, I'm sure a million other men would agree with him. Just his opinion and the jury was not present and didn't hear the comment. No harm no foul, so get over yourself Wilmut. JW wrote that motion it has her fingerprints all over it. So repetitive just like her questioning the witnesses.

Also defending MDLR is Wilmuts MO. They are all three like a high school clic of mean girls. And it was MDLR who gave that copied book to CMJA. IT was not legal paperwork, it was another mean girl action.

I can't do the links with this new windows 8 operating system. I haven't got used to it yet. But that is why I gave the date and time of the minute entries. You can find them on the MC superior court web site where the docket is located. I am going to have my son show me how to work this new computer if I can ever get him to stay longer than fifteen minutes. He has been so busy with his kids and his job he hasn't had time to show me.
To do links on this forum..at the top of the browser is a search bar...RIGHT click and highlight the entire website listed and then copy and paste into your message....you won't see the link turn "blue" until you post it.
I also have Windows 8.

So I heard JA is filing a continuance? Or is that an April fools joke?

The court minutes say they are video recording the hearings so I am hoping we get to see this crazy pro per idiot questioning those experts also, plus Deanna Reid, she questioned her too.

Yet another time. I would bet, that Deanna Reid demonstrates that she is an excellent example of class in action. I cannot imagine a more stressful situation than being interrogated by your ex's murderer in a court that demands you be respectful of those questioning you.

Windows 10 makes it's debut this summer. Windows 8 was so bad they skipped 9 all together..lol. I can't wait to get rid of my windows 8

I have Windows 8.1 and it's the pits too. I have contacted Microsoft several times and been advised that if we have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 the download for Windows 10 will be free. I was advised it would be available the middle of April. But I will wait before I download it to see reviews just in case it's another mess.

Chelly posted this on the Sidebar thread:

"Troy Haden has confirmed the sentencing will be live streamed at 8:30 MST on April 13th, and they will have one camera and he will follow her to Perryville, where the doors will close and that's the end.
Troy is also in the works for an interview with Juan Martinez. Saying right now, Juan is playing hard to get." Lol

"Troy Haden has confirmed the sentencing will be live streamed at 8:30 MST on April 13th, and they will have one camera and he will follow her to Perryville, where the doors will close and that's the end.
Troy is also in the works for an interview with Juan Martinez. Saying right now, Juan is playing hard to get." Lol

Thanks for bringing this post over Caylee Advocate, and thanks to Chelly for the OP.

Now that is an interview worth getting for Troy and worth watching for me! Good luck to Troy in getting it.

Thanks for bringing this post over Caylee Advocate, and thanks to Chelly for the OP.

Now that is an interview worth getting for Troy and worth watching for me! Good luck to Troy in getting it.

Not sure if it would be a good interview or not. Martinez is very smart and I just don't think he will give JA any attention on purpose. JMHO

Thanks, gcharlie!

I have not been able to locate the HuffPo info; can you kindly provide a link and I will research from there.

TIA

Wish I could find the link at HuffPo, but the only active link I can find is at JAII http://************************/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Jodi-Arias-Court-Docs-1.pdf

If anyone wants a refresher, here is a very comprehensive timeline put together by David Lohr http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

Not sure if it would be a good interview or not. Martinez is very smart and I just don't think he will give JA any attention on purpose. JMHO

Hi MBM, I hope he doesn't give Travis' murderer any attention. I'd like to see the interview be about JM as a prosecutor.

So I heard JA is filing a continuance? Or is that an April fools joke?

BBM - I sure hope so, I thought I had read that the judge only has 60 days to deliver the sentence, will have to see if I can find that again.

stay-on-topic_zps64b80efd.jpg

Please take off topic discussion to the sidebar... thanks

BBM: AMEN !

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Oldie but a goodie!!!!!

Dave Hall from Nancy Grace—Jodi didn't escape death she just prolonged it.

FWIW, an explanation of victims' rights in Maricopa County may be found at:

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/pdfs/victim-services/Victim-Services-AZ-Laws.pdf

Since JA now has established, IMO, a reputation as someone who will continually try to hurt the Alexander family members through writing letters, sending emails, and so on, I was wondering what protection could be afforded the family through the legal system. I found the following information regarding this potential problem on Page 13 of the document.

A. Within fifteen days after a defendant is sentenced to the state department of corrections, the prosecutor’s office shall notify the victim of the right of the victim, any member of the victim’s family or any member of the victim’s household, to request not to receive mail from the inmate who was convicted of committing a criminal offense against the victim. The notice shall:
1. Be made on the postconviction notice request form provided by the prosecutor to the victim pursuant to section 13-4411.
2. Inform the victim of the right of the victim, or any member of the victim’s family or household who is denoted by the victim on the form, to request not to receive mail from the inmate.
3. Instruct the victim how to file the completed request form with the state department of corrections. 4. Include the following statement: “If the defendant is incarcerated in the state department of cor-
rections, you have the right to request that the defendant not send you, members of your family or members of the victim’s household mail. If the defendant sends you or your family or household members mail after you have made this request, you or the members of your family or household have the right to report the incident to the state department of corrections for sanctions against the defendant.”
B. On receipt of a postconviction notice request form in which a request not to receive inmate mail is indicated, the state department of corrections shall notify the inmate of the request and that sending mail to the victim, or the family or household members who are denoted by the victim, will result in appropriate sanctions, including reduction or denial of earned release credits and review of all outgoing mail.
C. The department shall not knowingly forward mail addressed to any person who requests not to receive mail, pursuant to this section, is not to receive mail.

If a presentence report is prepared for the judge, the victims have the right see it.

If the presentence report is available to the defendant, the court shall permit the victim to inspect the presentence report, except those parts excised by the court or made confidential by law. If the court excises any portion of the presentence report, it shall inform the parties and the victim of its decision and shall state on the record its reasons for the excision. On request of the victim, the prosecutor’s office shall provide to the victim a copy of the presentence report.
http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/pdfs/victim-services/Victim-Services-AZ-Laws.pdf

I wonder if this fact, the ability of Travis Alexander's family to inspect such a report and comment regarding any inaccuracies within the report to the presiding judge and the prosecution team, influenced JA's decision not to participate in the preparation of such a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni