GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was expected at that time, why did David not inform her about the elevator situation?

She had to have brought the knife with her, I'm assuming. I can't say that I blame her given that she was doing random hookups with strangers. Did LE find the murder weapon? I can't recall. I wonder if somehow they crossed paths in the past or knew the same people? Once they met up face to face in that scenario, the whole dynamics of the situation would have changed.

Gobsmacked. I hate when I'm not just wrong, but epically wrong. RIP David.

Wow, so I was so disturbed when this murder first happened, was researching it then but pretty quickly news on it went silent. Something reminded me of it last week and I started looking into it again, and boom it was announced the next day DM's wife would hold a press conference. I have been lurking here for about a week, and finally registered on Tuesday and wrote all my speculation, but it took me until this morning to finally be approved! At the very same time word broke the POI had been arrested, so I never had a chance to even post my speculation which is outdated now that POI has been found!

I had said in the message I wrote Tuesday but couldn't post was that if this was a hit as was being speculated widely here, it wa a very unprofessional one. I felt that people were getting too distracted away from the sexual motive, a main reason I decided to join, but then found I still couldn't post, but by then thankfully posters like rosesfromangels got things back on track to the sexual motive being the most likely. Something I said, which is still an outstanding question is: enema, planted? I had said already that IF it was planted, it was done by someone with knowledge of gay hookup culture, and was likely gay themselves. A straight robber wanting to make it look like a sexual hookup would have left the condoms and maybe even lube, but the enema is a bridge too far. But if it was straight robber pretending to be a gay hookup, it would be victim who came prepared with those items, not the straight robber. As the POI (and likely 'planter') was a woman, there is very little reason to suspect she would have planted it. I don't want to make assumptions about the POI, but I can't help but think she was a criminal mastermind or devious enough to think to plant an enema to make it look like a gay hookup and deflect attention from her. Occam's Razor isn't always right, but if I had to choose between POI planting an enema to make it look like a sex hookup after killing DM, or DM having brought the enema, the latter is far easier. I don't even think POI necessarily intended to kill DM, more likely something got out of hand and she did, then rifled through his wallet and fled, as opposed to bringing a bag of sexual goodies with her to plant after the deed was done.

News is trickling out, but looks like police have confirmed that POI was there for a sexual hookup? The most likely timeline is he might have gone to the gym, or whether he did or not had the sex-related items in the gym bag for later use. I've seen it said he left work at 5pm or 5:30, so one of those. I've done a google transit map from his law firm to the hotel. What's interesting is that none of the rapid transit options make sense, the various options only involve getting on a bus for a few blocks or the subway for just one spot, while most of it requires walking. Those options are said to be 15-20 minutes while walking the entire way is 20 minutes. Or he could have taken a taxi, which seeing as he dropped $200-300 for a hotel room that makes the most sense and only takes 5 minutes.

We have to speculate what happened, and it'd be helpful if we knew where his gym was in case he went there first, but certainly an interesting idea if it was near the Donovan. He could have stopped off at the gym for an hour, finishing around 7, and had meanwhile told POI to meet him at the hotel at 7:30. Showering after the gym could be a reason for why he was found partially undressed, not to mention it facilitates the sexual encounter, DM probably met POI at the door that way expecting one thing but it not being what he expected. The enema could have also been used during that prep period. If it was not used, I am sure it was found tucked away in his bag, not that it had been planted there (which is a scenario which I think should be considered discredited at this point here at WS). LE knows when he checked in, but it doesn't really change the story whether he checked in at 6 or 7. POI gives a confirmation that they are almost there at 7:30, and so knowing he'll be detained for a little while later once POI arrives, DM tells his wife he'd be home in an hour so she wouldn't be wondering where he is during the hookup time during which he is unable to answer a call or text. This explains why POI shows up shortly after the text was sent, again indicating coordination rather than this being a random act.

An hour does seem a kind of short window to give oneself pre-hookup to be home, but definitely doable, everyone is different in what they want from these sexual encounters anyway, this didn't have to be longer than half an hour. It's certainly less suspicious to say he'd be home by 8:30 but not make it until 9, easy to explain away, than to have KV texting him wondering where he was at 7:30 and not get an answer for an hour. Again, that's easy enough to explain away (battery died, or left phone in bag while working out), but if DM was trying to avoid suspicion, it is easier to control the story by crafting it instead of needing to respond with false stories. By the way, though we don't know where DM lived, it sounds like it was in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, which is is only 10 minutes by taxi from the hotel.

Let's not forget that earlier on, men online came forward claiming to have seen DM on Craigslist and even having hooked up with him, and that they went to LE with the info, which must be taken with a grain of salt but LE knows if these people came forward and would be able to investigate those stories. It is highly doubtful someone who came forward privately with that kind of info would be lying about it.

I also wrote in that unposted post that I was very convinced this was a gay sex hookup because LE made no attempt to dispel that idea at the press conference. With rumors swirling that's what it was, and LE knowing more than us, if any of the other theory here at WS was the actual one LE was pursuing rather than the gay sex one, you would have thought they would use the press conference to clear David's name regarding rumors he was gay/bi or reassure the LGBT community who was asking for answers about whether they were in danger being targetted. While one can argue the press conference was about catching a killer, not about clearing someone's name, the fact those rumors were swirling, if they had no basis I would think the family would be anxious to point out they were baseless. The fact they didn't, nor did LE, only makes me think that the gay hookup rumor was known to be true. --Hence why the wife strangely maintained she had absolutely no idea why or how this could have happened, no answers, when she was certainly aware of what we all knew was being said at the time. There is no easy way to say that, and that doesn't paint DM in a sympathetic light to the public either, hence they had to go with feigning ignorance, though I'm quite sure they had an idea, difficult as it was.

She had to have brought the knife with her, I'm assuming. I can't say that I blame her given that she was doing random hookups with strangers. Did LE find the murder weapon? I can't recall. I wonder if somehow they crossed paths in the past or knew the same people? Once they met up face to face in that scenario, the whole dynamics of the situation would have changed.

She would need to knife for robbery, I would guess. Maybe he requested something "violent" as part of the play?? But even if he didn't, she would need a way to threaten him so she could take the money.

I, too, have as many questions as before.

How did DM let Jamyra know what room he was in?

Jamyra doesn't look like she's dressed for a sexual encounter, so maybe her intention was solely robbery.

But it's also possible that she planned to make some money doing something with/for DM and to try to rob him surreptitiously. If DM caught her, maybe she turned on him then. But I can't image that DM would have called hotel security or the police as he wouldn't want anyone to know he was there so I don't see why Jamyra couldn't have just left.

Men who see prostitutes at hotels do that.

The wife also stated that he usually made it home before she did from work, but would call when he would be late. This probably wasn't his first encounter, I would guess.

If she was expected at that time, why did David not inform her about the elevator situation?

Forgot? He was really excited about what he thought was about to happen and it just slipped his mind?

To all the people beating yourself up for being "wrong" or eating crow because you weren't "right"--Stop. We are all human and see things through our own filters because of pre-conceived notions or life experiences.

Everyone's ideas, opinions and theories are just as important as the next WS'er whether they end up being 'right' or not. Ease up on yourselves! You had some wonderful ideas throughout this case and others, and I tip my hat to you. :)

Updated at 11:01 PM EDT on Wednesday, Apr 1, 2015: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-298372701.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand
Police told News4 Wednesday Gallmon is the woman in that video.

She went to the hotel for a sexual encounter, sources told News4.
We now have confirmation he went to the hotel for sex. It comes down to the oldest scam in the book---a John getting rolled for his money. That's how she knew what room number and how much money he'd have.

OMG. I wonder if she had done this to many men, and this is the first one who resisted and died.

It's possible she didn't plan to scam him, intended to have a sexual encounter with him, and something went terribly wrong to cause her to become angry with him and kill him. Maybe he tried to refuse to pay afterwards.

We now have confirmation he went to the hotel for sex. It comes down to the oldest scam in the book---a John getting rolled for his money. That's how she knew what room number and how much money he'd have.

OMG. I wonder if she had done this to many men, and this is the first one who resisted and died.

Good question (and probably one that will go unanswered).

Her nervousness in the video leads me to think she was new to the game.

RSBM:

Possibly she was not just behind in her rent, and owed a lot of people money - gas company, electricity company, phone provider …..

Maybe she was paying her bills in the order of her own priority, and she had not yet got to her landlord. It takes a while to evict someone, but takes a short time to cut off your phone service, or electricity service. (Not sure if DC has that ruling that they have/had in the NE where they can't shut off your heat in the winter months.)

Anybody desperate enough to stab a man to death for some cash could very likely be in debt with the types of people or organizations with whom you can't plead bankruptcy. Kwim? I'm sure there's a long, sordid story that will eventually come to light.

I really feel for the wife, standing by her demands of justice for David, all while being the target of nasty comments and accusatory rumors. Why can't people who are complete douchebags be the ones who end up murdered under humiliating circumstances, instead of somebody like DM, who, by all accounts, was an incredibly kind individual (with perhaps some not-so-reputable extramarital sexual encounters on the side).

I, too, hope DM fought for his life, but if JG was trained in security and military techniques, she may very well have known where to strike the first, incapacitating blow.

RIP, David. She won't get away with it now.

Still wondering about robbery...what did she take and how does LE know? Had he just withdrawn an amount of cash from an ATM?

His text was at 7:30 and the video of JG in the hotel lobby is 7:44.

That timing seems like he would be the one to send the text, not someone else.

So, it looks like he wanted an encounter with a guy. JG dressed up as a guy for the encounter and, knowing he'd have cash, robbed him?

But robbing is way different than killing.

I'm still perplexed about the timing. Not sure why he would schedule this so late and give himself less than an hour to get home. I'm not convinced he thought she would be a man, possible, either way.

Do we know if he was carrying cash? Given her situation that's the only thing that seems to make sense as far as a robbery. He sure spent a lot of money to set this up.

Still wondering about robbery...what did she take and how does LE know? Had he just withdrawn an amount of cash from an ATM?

My guess would be they found his wallet and credit cards, but no cash. But that's just a guess.

If she did steal cash, I wonder how much. It really couldn't have been THAT much??

Anybody desperate enough to stab a man to death for some cash could very likely be in debt with the types of people or organizations with whom you can't plead bankruptcy. Kwim? I'm sure there's a long, sordid story that will eventually come to light.
<snip>

I, too, hope DM fought for his life, but if JG was trained in security and military techniques, she may very well have known where to strike the first, incapacitating blow.

RIP, David. She won't get away with it now.

I think it would have been easy to get him in a compromising position, maybe naked and on his stomach, and then stab him given what the situation apparently was.

But why bother killing him? A good set-up for robbery would be to rob the guy and leave. If he fought back, why was he stabbed in the back?

So many questions.

Robbery doesn't sound right, but sometimes things are just simpler, and killers shouldn't make too much sense, anyway. I think it may be easier more facile to imagine or to think that she was going there to kill him for all kinds of other reasons than what LE has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998