GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just disgusted. Absolutely freaking disgusted.

I wanted this to be an accident, it somehow felt better to be think as awful as his death would have been that he was loved, a priority, a special person with a special place in his parents hearts. Knowing what we know now, it just makes me want to puke.

And, very rarely do I say things like this, but based off the differences in the fathers pictures when you search the inmate search, drugs were probably more important to him than his children's well being.

ITA, I could not believe that a parent could put their child in a sewer. Because of early rumors it did occur to me that drugs may have been involved although never that they threw Noah in a sewer. Disgusted and heartbroken!

Hope it's ok to ask these questions:
The rumoured overdose, was it that they gave him it or he found it and swallowed it?
Was the rumoured confession before or after the funeral? Thanks

A few minutes after Noah's body was found, maybe even before the press released it but neighbors were posting on FB sayin Noah's body was found in the septic, there were also neighbors who said that Ashley confessed that Noah died of a heroin overdose. They didn't say whether it was given to him or he got into it.

I think a lot of us put some weight into the rumors of the heroin since the rumors of him being found in the septic tank were right and from neighbors who were right there.

Strange how the dad dyed his hair dark.Maybe he pretended like he was on the run.I am so glad the daughter is now away from those thugs.

coloring, bleaching, shaving, some of the ways to change the chemicals that could be found in a drug hair test.

This is the 3rd post that has said this. I re-listened to today's presser again and I still cannot hear what you 3 are referring to. Link please? Are y'all talking about a previous presser.

I heard them say it wasn't a tip on the presser.The sheriif said it,and couldn't believe it

This is the 3rd post that has said this. I re-listened to today's presser again and I still cannot hear what you 3 are referring to. Link please? Are y'all talking about a previous presser.

I just read it, the presser, somewhere. I've been reading a lot in the past hour or two. It is even written out that there was no tip. Sorry I can't give the link right now, but it is there.

http://m.wdbj7.com/news/pulaski-sheriff-to-hold-4-pm-news-conference-on-noah-thomas-case/32151786

"During the fifth day of this mission, Noah’s body was recovered in the septic system. No tips or calls led the law enforcement authorities or search and rescue teams to drain the septic system," Pulaski County Sheriff Jim Davis said.

I posted it for you above.

I am not so sure that their behavior at the funeral can be considered suspect. Drugs or not, the two have experienced more violent death to loved ones in their lives than most people. They don't strike me as a typical druggie couple. Just a hard life. Not saying that drugs aren't involved... just not the hard core addict types.

I am surprised that LE went for the arrest and yet consider the autopsy to be so critical. If he didn't drown in the septic tank then he could have been alive when the search started. They must have reason to believe he couldn't possibly have fallen in there.
Anyone that looks at the mugshots of those 2 knows they have drug issues. I can spot them a mile away.

I heard them say it wasn't a tip on the presser.The sheriff said it,and couldn't believe it

Here in the linked article is a quote:

Noah was found dead in a septic tank on his parent's property last Thursday, March 26, ending a five-day search that involved dozens of local, state and national agencies assisting. Davis said that no tips or calls lead authorities or search and rescue teams to drain the septic tank.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_317ae1ed-ccc2-52cc-bb94-0ebfb2e94095.html

Idk what bothers me more about that article - the fact that the baby is named or that someone is referring to these two as "the best parents hands down". I'm worried about the children of all the other parents that she knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not the first relative who has mentioned that they were great parents despite what neighbors have said, and obviously with the charges and arrests today.

Makes me wonder if LE needs to investigate their situations as well. If my brother was arrested b/c he killed his kid, I wouldn't say he was the "best parent hands down" b/c obviously my kids still being alive, I'd think I was a better parent than him.

That is not the first relative who has mentioned that they were great parents despite what neighbors have said, and obviously with the charges and arrests today.

Makes me wonder if LE needs to investigate their situations as well. If my brother was arrested b/c he killed his kid, I wouldn't say he was the "best parent hands down" b/c obviously my kids still being alive, I'd think I was a better parent than him.

Eh. I think that's a little unfair. It's easy to say that when it's not actually happening to you. I'm not saying it's right, but family members adamantly deny and protect their loved ones pretty often. Doesn't mean CPS needs to knock on the brother's door.

Wow, that's a great article with tons of new information! Thank you for sharing Sstarr33

It is interesting, isn't it? The quote from SH has me thinking many of the things that have been said are still wrong.

I was taken to task a lot, and I'm sure I made a few "enemies". But I knew poor Noah wasn't being cared for like all of us here take care of our children, no matter differences in parenting style. But I also made a few friends, who have helped me de-stress with some comic relief.. You know who you are, and thank you. I admire those of you that had the lack of cynicism to defend the parents until they were a POI, I really do. I'm going to try harder to be like that. And I apologize for being stubborn and refusing to concede any points. I'd say I was working on that, but that would be a lie... It's in my genes... :)

I was going to say I hope Noah didn't suffer, and I hate that I deleted that because I'm sure he did suffer. I'm sure his sister suffered. I don't understand how someone can do this to a child. I want to take them all in. What's a few more kids when I already have a wild, crazy houseful of 4 kids?

I don't think you made any enemies Courtney or I certainly hope not.

Imo, it had nothing to do with cynicism and everything to do with waiting for the police to tell us what they believe.

Those of us who has been here for many years, even over a decade + have seen parents horrifically falsely accused and blamed for the death of their child and in the end it turned out not to be true at all. It has made some of us overly cautious.

Even if he wasn't being cared for it still didn't mean we had anything to go on at THE time that the parents were the culprits.

I still think it is best to be cautious and do like the Sheriff first said and wait for LE to tell us if the parent or parents are guilty instead of assuming guilt before we know anything at all from LE.

Words can never be taken back once written and if they are posted on the internet they will remain forever. Unfortunately we have seen a lot of families who have lost their precious child or children and they all were accused of harming their child. While it turned out that some did many did not but were accused anyway.

So I don't begrudge anyone who preferred to wait for LE to tell us the truth. I am not sorry either that I am one of the ones who waited for the answers to come from the Sheriff.

I admit I did want to believe this was an accident even if they weren't the best parents in the world. Unfortunately there are a lot of children who are abused and neglected but 400 children each year are murdered by one of their bio parents. So more times than not abuse and neglect does not equate to homicide of the child.

In fact it is interesting to know that the stats say that when children are maltreated such as abused and grossly neglected 59% of the time it is by their bio mother. This seems to hold true in this case as well since she is charged with a more serious felony than the dad.

IMO

We can put this rumor to rest...

According to Hudgins, Paul and Ashley met during junior high in Radford, but didn't start dating until high school. The couple's mutual friend, Tara Rose Munsey, was one of the couple's best friend who helped set them up.
"I remember them coming over and Tara fixed dinner for the two of them," Tara's father, Billy Munsey said in a recent interview.
Munsey was 16 years old when she disappeared Jan. 25, 2000, from her job at the Fairlawn Taco Bell. Her body was found on Feb. 10, 2000, in a ravine in Parrott. The next year, a Pulaski County jury convicted Jeffrey Allen Thomas, who had dated the mother of Tara's boyfriend, of capital murder, attempted rape and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. After the Virginia Supreme Court later overturned Thomas' conviction, Thomas accepted a plea agreement and is now spending his life in prison.
Based on record and interviews to this point, there is no indication that Jeffrey Allen Thomas is related to Paul Thomas.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_317ae1ed-ccc2-52cc-bb94-0ebfb2e94095.html

I have been trying to find a link, but I can't find one that has the full presser that I watched live in it. They all seem to start later than when this was said.

What I do is read the blurb UNDER the video. It usually gives the full text of the presser.

We can put this rumor to rest...

According to Hudgins, Paul and Ashley met during junior high in Radford, but didn't start dating until high school. The couple's mutual friend, Tara Rose Munsey, was one of the couple's best friend who helped set them up.
"I remember them coming over and Tara fixed dinner for the two of them," Tara's father, Billy Munsey said in a recent interview.
Munsey was 16 years old when she disappeared Jan. 25, 2000, from her job at the Fairlawn Taco Bell. Her body was found on Feb. 10, 2000, in a ravine in Parrott. The next year, a Pulaski County jury convicted Jeffrey Allen Thomas, who had dated the mother of Tara's boyfriend, of capital murder, attempted rape and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. After the Virginia Supreme Court later overturned Thomas' conviction, Thomas accepted a plea agreement and is now spending his life in prison.
Based on record and interviews to this point, there is no indication that Jeffrey Allen Thomas is related to Paul Thomas.

What rumor is that? That paragraph, as well the the entire article seemed pretty straight forward to me?

What rumor is that? That paragraph, as well the the entire article seemed pretty straight forward to me?

That Paul Thomas is related to another murderer in the area. Edited to clarify: The article says there is no indication that he is related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member