GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! LOL we have a poster named Zuri also. Sorry.

And our mascot! Bernina's horse that she named Zuri, along with a waterfowl she named Juan... love love her fur/feather babies that she shares!

:seeya: Shelby!

BBM - I was reading late last night from my Nook and made a note to come back and respond to this. It hurt me to see some of the labels that were put on posters who simply felt differently, all the while, their own hearts breaking.

I have a question and I so hope someone knows what I'm referencing. I'm off work today for Good Friday and hoping I don't have to spend the day looking for the specific video in question lol. Someone posted a link regarding Noah's services and I could have sworn I heard a local reporter say that the parents had a couple of hours "alone with Noah at the church to grieve" before the services started. Does anyone remember hearing that?

I heard that as well. I think they said two hours alone with him.

@CameronOAustin: "This is the saddest thing that's ever happened to me in my life," Ashley White, #NoahThomas mother, said during arraignment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Umm what about Noah? :thinking:

@CameronOAustin: "This is the saddest thing that's ever happened to me in my life," Ashley White, #NoahThomas mother, said during arraignment.

Which part I wonder?

Yeah, guess it sucks when you get caught after causing your child's death, but what about Noah? Poor victim Ashley, typical thought pattern of drug users.

True, basically with some little differences depending on what the family wants. Family taken out for prayers and able to say anything personnal, casket is either taken to where they are, or left in the sanctuary, but it's a time when casket is closed before the actual service. When family is brought back in people, speaker/pastor talks a bit and people can go up and say things, etc. My grandmothers funeral all of this was done without family being taken out seperately, because everyone was family and such close friends. It's up to the family, but in most the family is given that time alone to say what they want and a prayer. It's a way for them to have the last goodbye in a personnal way.

Here where I live most of the funeral homes and churches have a separate area where the family members sits. The family is also given alone time should they want it before the service begins and they can request it before the body is taken to the graveside. Once at the graveside they can stay as long as they desire.

I really think Noah's casket had to be a closed casket service due to the condition of his little body. It pains me greatly to even write this, but the rate of decomposition would rapidly speed up due to where he was put. It is awful to even think about. When a poster mentioned the parents flushing the toilets they knew all of that was going right where their little boy's body was it made me tear up just thinking about it. Talk about something that is going to highly incense the jury........ believe me ....that will.

The place he was put is as heinous as his mom or dad or both being responsible for his death. Evidently VA doesn't have a law about desecration of a body or it may be added as an additional charge once they know exactly how Noah was killed.

I know a lot of people have questioned why the parents were allowed to go to the funeral and to spend time alone with him. I feel it was multiple reasons. Not having enough yet to arrest them for, and also to see if perhaps one or both of them would break with a confession.

I heard that as well. I think they said two hours alone with him.

Two hours? That's very strange, it's usually not long, a prayer, and if anyone has anything to say, then they're walked back into the sanctuary.

Sad??? Is that all?

Here where I live most of the funeral homes and churches have a separate area where the family members sits. The family is also given alone time should they want it before the service begins and they can request it before the body is taken to the graveside. Once at the graveside they can stay as long as they desire.

I really think Noah's casket had to be a closed casket service due to the condition of his little body. It pains me greatly to even write this, but the rate of decomposition would rapidly speed up due to where he was put. It is awful to even think about. When a poster mentioned the parents flushing the toilets they knew all of that was going right where their little boy's body was it made me tear up just thinking about it. Talk about something that is going to highly incense the jury........ believe me ....that will.

The place he was put is as heinous as his mom or dad or both being responsible for his death. Evidently VA doesn't have a law about desecration of a body or it may be added as an additional charge once they know exactly how Noah was killed.

I feel sorry for the family who live in the white house and share the tank. They must feel horrible thinking of each time they flushed.

It's interesting to me that both will be hiring their own attorney.

Must not be indigent or else
pro bono work coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@WDBJ7: #NoahThomas' parents have been arraigned. The next hearing is Aug. 12. More updates shortly: http://t.co/MuHfeDDkLw

Another thing that had me confused in this case is that LE kept emphasizing that the parents were cooperative.

I have found with many cases, that LE is not always truthful in these situations. I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I am sure they have their reasons but it makes it hard to believe them.

I know a lot of people have questioned why the parents were allowed to go to the funeral and to spend time alone with him. I feel it was multiple reasons. Not having enough yet to arrest them for, and also to see if perhaps one or both of them would break with a confession.

And without an arrest, how to explain excluding the parents to the rest of the family?

@WDBJ7: #NoahThomas' parents have been arraigned. The next hearing is Aug. 12. More updates shortly: http://t.co/MuHfeDDkLw

DUBLIN, Va. -
The parents of Noah Thomas were arraigned Friday afternoon through video conference.

MORE FROM WDBJ7.COM
Ashley White and Paul Thomas
Parents of Noah Thomas charged with abuse and neglect
Noah Thomas
Community mourns, pays respects to Noah Thomas
Sheriff Jim Davis at Noah Thomas news conference
WEB EXTRA: Pulaski Co. Sheriff Jim Davis announces charges against Noah Thomas' parents
Noah Thomas
Community mourns, pays respects to Noah Thomas
Paul Thomas, the father of Noah Thomas.
Provided
Paul Thomas, the father of Noah Thomas.
Ashley White, the mother of Noah Thomas.
Ashley White, the mother of Noah Thomas.
Ashley White, 30, and Paul Thomas, 32, were charged Thursday with two felony counts of abuse and neglect of children.

One of White's charges is more serious. If convicted, White faces a maximum of 15 years in prison and Thomas faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.

Both are being held at the New River Valley Regional Jail in Dublin without bond. Their next hearing is August 12 at 1:30 p.m. in Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.

At this time, neither White nor Thomas have retained an attorney. Their son, 5-year-old Noah Thomas, was found dead in a septic tank March 26 after a five-day search.

Check back soon for more updates.

======================

The parents of Noah Thomas are expected to be arraigned Friday afternoon through video conference.

Ashley White, 30, and Paul Thomas, 32, were charged Thursday with two felony counts of abuse and neglect of children. They are currently held at the New River Valley Regional Jail in Dublin without bond.

A Juvenile and Domestic Relations judge in Wythe County is expected to preside over the arraignment at 1 p.m. White and Thomas are expected to appear through video conference in Wythe County.

Five-year-old Noah Thomas was found dead in a septic tank near the family’s Dublin home on March 26 after a five-day search.

White and Thomas each face two charges: one involving Noah and a second linked to an infant who also lived in the home. The infant was removed from the home by social services a day after Noah went missing.

PHOTOS: Noah Thomas casePOSTED: 11:47 AM EDT Mar 24, 2015 UPDATED: 12:00 AM EDT Mar 24, 2015
Share on pinterest_share Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
5-year-old Noah Thomas of Pulaski County went missing March 22. He was found dead March 26. His parents, Ashley White and Paul Thomas, were arrested April 2 and charged with abuse and neglect.

Noah Thomas
1 / 21
Noah Thomas went missing March 22. He was found dead March 26.

Noah Thomas Search for 5-year-old Noah Thomas Noah Thomas Noah Thomas Robert Hilland Pulaski County Sheriff Jim Davis Anthony Akers Missing child poster for Noah Thomas Ashley White and Paul Thomas Paul Thomas, the father of Noah Thomas. Ashley White, the mother of Noah Thomas. Sheriff Jim Davis at Noah Thomas news conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member