GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, it was a bad choice of words? Because that is definitely placing some degree of blame on a 5 year old. If Noah got into drugs and ingested them, it was the parents' fault for a) having drugs around and b) not caring for their child well enough, or long enough (because he DIED) for him to learn that drugs are bad. And just outright placing their wants and needs first and not caring for and loving those kids like all kids deserve to be loved.

It's akin to saying "if she hadn't worn that short skirt, maybe she wouldn't have been raped."

I'm going to guess it was just a bad choice of words.
Wow. Relax. I am the mother of 2 and the grandmother of 5 and the death of this beautiful child is NOT his fault and I am NOT victim blaming. What I am saying is, regardless of how you want to read what I'm not saying is this... IF there was a meth lab.. IF there was a crack pipe.. IF, IF, IF Noah got ahold of it and it led to his death... YES that would be his PARENTS's fault that he had it within his reach, but it would have been through his actions that he touched it. I realize this is a VERY difficult topic. I realize a child is dead because of negligence or abuse on behalf of his parents. I realize we are all very tense. BUT I am NOT Ashley. I am NOT Paul. I am disgusted by this just as much as anyone else here. Please stop reading what I am NOT saying and breathe.

Did any where hey work have life insurance for the children?
When do you think of disposing a body in a septic tank? before or after the deed? horrible people think that way............
Why not a burial instead?

I didn't hear about any life insurance... They don't seem the type to purchase something like that, unless it was even worse than it appears, and it was intentional and premeditated. That would be the worst, and I'm not sure that's possible. :(

I can't get Owen Collins out of my head. Sadly, I hope while the parents were in a drug induced state that Noah went searching for something to eat and accidentally ingested drugs. That seems like the least evil outcome, IMO. I still think the parents should never see the light of day. But I do worry that something more sinister led to his death.

Owen Collings - http://wane.com/2015/01/20/we-put-dope-in-their-bottles-and-watched-them-have-fun/

I assumed it was just the choice of wording. I think I said that a couple times. I didn't think you were trying to victim blame. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I really am. :)

Any sympathy or empathy I had for these so-called "parents" went out the window when we learned that they neglected and ABUSED TWO innocent children! (and most likely caused the death of one of them).

Frankly, I feel like vomiting reading how anyone can feel for these 2 evil beings. I don't give a rat's *advertiser censored** what THEY were going through at the time, or are going through now.
Boo-Fricken-Hoo.

People who abuse children are the lowest form of scum on the planet.

I will save my love, empathy and compassion for Noah and his baby sister, you know, the actual victims.

Unbelievable.

Wow. Relax. I am the mother of 2 and the grandmother of 5 and the death of this beautiful child is NOT his fault and I am NOT victim blaming. What I am saying is, regardless of how you want to read what I'm not saying is this... IF there was a meth lab.. IF there was a crack pipe.. IF, IF, IF Noah got ahold of it and it led to his death... YES that would be his PARENTS's fault that he had it within his reach, but it would have been through his actions that he touched it. I realize this is a VERY difficult topic. I realize a child is dead because of negligence or abuse on behalf of his parents. I realize we are all very tense. BUT I am NOT Ashley. I am NOT Paul. I am disgusted by this just as much as anyone else here. Please stop reading what I am NOT saying and breathe.

Just my opinion, but I don't feel comfortable with phrases like that. Even if it isn't meant to blame him, it just sounds like it is. Sorry.

WHAT? He is FIVE!!! His parents don't know better than to take drugs but their child should know not to touch them? You can call it what you want but that, my dear, IS victim blaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It had apparently already been 15 years untouched since it was installed in 2002. It is conceivable he may not have been found for years. By then, the couple may have moved to a different state, no forwarding address, changed their names, who knows?

Here is a case of a man who was missing for 34 years, he was found in a septic tank. So Noah could have gone undiscovered for a long time.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/missing-vietnam-veterans-body-found-nevada-septic-tank-n95316

WHAT? He is FIVE!!! His parents don't know better than to take drugs but their child should know not to touch them? You can call it what you want but that, my dear, IS victim blaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When exactly did I say he should have known not to touch them??? Geez!!

I'm just wondering, since Dad has ask about bond and his charges aren't as Mom's. Whatever happened to Noah must be all of Mom's doings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am leaning that way too.

I wonder when LE came in if the baby sister was crying like she was hurting somewhere and they got a CPS officer out there to inspect the baby and maybe she had a horrific diaper rash from not being changed often?

It had to be something in plain sight for them to remove her on that Monday.

Our nephew and his wife were foster parents for many years. They adopted all three after fostering them for about 5 years.

I do know they do a complete physical on the child as well as run tests when they are removed from their original home. The three they have raised all came from mothers who were doing serious drugs and were abusing and neglecting the children. I remember one of them had a broken arm that improperly healed and another one had such a horrible case of diaper rash that they had to admit him in the hospital and it left scars afterwards.:( All three were infants at the time they were fostered.

Too bad they ever thought of cheaping out and making ridiculous plastic lids (that apparently can also do magic tricks)

Our septic tank lid is cement. There is no way in hades I would be able to lift it up by myself, a grown woman. Just throwing that out there...

I'm just wondering, since Dad has ask about bond and his charges aren't as Mom's. Whatever happened to Noah must be all of Mom's doings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a feeling, based on reading between the lines of their charges, the mom was the main culprit in his death and the dad was present and assisted in possibly the cover-up and the decision-making and is culpable in the sense of not protecting him....but she was the main one.

Imo, it could make a difference legally, if proven Noah ingested drugs on his own, versus being given them, though, couldn't it? Gross negligence vs. murder? Obviously nothing dangerous should be left in reach of children, that is a given.

Not sure how it could be proved, either way, though, as to how drugs got inside Noah, if this is the case.

Imo, it could make a difference legally, if proven Noah ingested drugs on his own, versus being given them, though, couldn't it? Gross negligence vs. murder? Obviously nothing dangerous should be left in reach of children, that is a given.

Not sure how it could be proved, either way, though, as to how drugs got inside Noah, if this is the case.

That is EXACTLY what I was trying to say. Thank you for putting it in better words than I was able to. In the eyes of the law, they are VERY different with VERY different outcomes.

This just hurts my heart. First of all how he must have suffered, then as he lay in a casket while the community mourned, they just wanted out of there. Who were these people??

Oh dear, dare I go back and read? Taking the plunge. :(

That is EXACTLY what I was trying to say. Thank you for putting it in better words than I was able to. In the eyes of the law, they are VERY different with VERY different outcomes.

Legally yes but one outcome is the same...death of Noah.

I'm not sure how it would work in a case with a child, but aren't there cases where the person supplying a drug to a person that died has been charged with some sort of murder charge?

I would like to think it would still be considered as a charge on the manslaughter - murder charge.. Maybe negligent homicide.

Maybe different modes of how drugs may have gotten into his body, but the outcome in both of those is still the same. It still resulted in his death.

If, of course, Noah overdosed, and wasn't beaten to death or something else... Ugh.

LEO would be looking for any paraphernalia to test for fingerprints or body fluids. I am sure they have all of the trash, anything thy gathered from the septic tank, gone through the car and traced their steps between Saturday and Sunday to get their hands on the trash at any stop. If it was drugs, how did the drugs come to be in his system ---negligence or forced into him? I have a feeling one of them will fess up and take some of the guess work to of it. Then the collected evidence will be used to nail the parent most responsible (trust me, I think they are both responsible).

I have empathy for them.I don't really know why.
They made some huge mistakes and will have to live with them the rest of their lives and will regret them.I'd be willing to guess they had little guidance themselves their whole lives which lead to their wild behavior or maybe they were just born stupid I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa