GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen adorable photos of big brother Noah holding his baby sister. Not sure where they came from.

It's a shame that those pictures are all she will ever know of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen and Amen. The hate on this board is palpable. Those without sin ...

I haven't seen anyone that has shown hate. Actually, it seems to me people have been pretty respectful toward one another. It is foolish to think in a group setting, such as this, where we come from all different walks of life and experiences that we would all feel the same. I respect that everyone won't agree with me and that is fine. We should all be allowed to voice our opinions and I think we have. Maybe I am missing something.

For some of us, it is not about having sympathy or empathy for his parents. It is not that we did not suspect his mother all along. Not every post that was less-than-accusatory equates to naivety, soft-heartedness, or lack of experience. Just because someone did not join this site at it's inception does not mean they have not read WS for years, or been involved in investigations themselves, or have an educational or professional background or personal interest that gives them something to say.

Some of us chose not to go the route of immediately blaming the parents because 1) it violates WS TOS and/or 2) we approach these discussion threads with objectivity. Some of us read all the rumor mill posts on FB but chose not to discuss it here - again, b/c it violates TOS.

Some like to look at every angle and not make immediate assumptions. Some are keen to always find the other side of the coin. Some like to play devils advocate. Some want to look at every puzzle piece to see how it fits.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not make them foolish.

This isn't a competition.

I haven't seen anyone that has shown hate. Actually, it seems to me people have been pretty respectful toward one another. It is foolish to think in a group setting, such as this, where we come from all different walks of life and experiences that we would all feel the same. I respect that everyone won't agree with me and that is fine. We should all be allowed to voice our opinions and I think we have. Maybe I am missing something.

I haven't seen hate either. Being disgusted and furious with the abuse and neglect and possibly murder that these two people are accused of is not hate. Hate for what they did. Just because I don't think I will be skipping out to the store to buy them a sympathy card, doesn't mean I am demonstrating that I hate anyone. Sitting up on a pedestal looking down at us who are being honest about our feelings make some people feel good about themselves. The "some of us" are able to do so and so shows a level of sanctimony that would be better served in maybe a different case, one where we for a fact do know that a 5 year old and an infant were the victims of felonious child abuse. And that one of them is dead. You know what I hate? Being told that I am less of a person because I can't show sympathy for these 2 when that baby has been in the ground for TWO days.

I honestly hope the DA tells them both to go pound sand and never offers a plea of any kind. I think this is like several cases I have seen lately and this is just a prelude to further serious charges coming.

I read a case one time where a wife testified against her husband saying he was the one that killed their child. Years later it was proven she had lied and she actually was the one who did it. She was given a sweetheart deal at the time to testify against him.

So I am very wary of plea deals. A lot of times its who can be the better liar and women are looked at more favorably than men even by LE. As an aside: Much research has been done in that area and it has been proven that not only are women better liars but they lie more often than men.

I want the actual one who did this to Noah to pay. In fact if they find out Noah was drugged it could become a felony murder case and be death penalty qualified. Not only because of his young age but the possible felonious acts that were done to cause his death.

IMO

But there will be plea deals. It is how the justice system operates.

I haven't seen hate either. Being disgusted and furious with the abuse and neglect and possibly murder that these two people are accused of is not hate. Hate for what they did. Just because I don't think I will be skipping out to the store to buy them a sympathy card, doesn't mean I am demonstrating that I hate anyone. Sitting up on a pedestal looking down at us who are being honest about our feelings make some people feel good about themselves. The "some of us" are able to do so and so shows a level of sanctimony that would be better served in maybe a different case, one where we for a fact do know that a 5 year old and an infant were the victims of felonious child abuse. And that one of them is dead. You know what I hate? Being told that I am less of a person because I can't show sympathy for these 2 when that baby has been in the ground for TWO days.

[emoji122][emoji122] A 5yo spent five days in a septic tank, had that compounded by the indignation of an autopsy and was then stuck in the ground for all eternity. I won't be made to feel like I'm the one on shaky moral ground for hating what that sweet child was forced to endure or for being disgusted by the abuse and neglect inflicted on him by the two people entrusted with loving and protecting him.

Yes. Neither attorney was present. White stated she believed she had an attorney, and Thomas stated that he did have one - but it seems clear neither attended.

I highly doubt attorneys are coming to court on Good Friday. The court was opened long enough for arrestees in the last 48 hours to be arraigned and that is it. They will do it again Saturday night, Sunday morning.

I don't think anybody has enjoyed this over dinner or anywhere else. This has been horrifying. Who do they think they are?

Maybe if they didn't want to be 'dinner conversation' or a 'news story', they should have 'manned up' and put their children first and taken better care of them. If they had done so, the world would never have heard of them. :gaah:

And probably scared ******** of what the inmates will do to him in prison.

Probably also going through withdrawals. If they are really addicted, that is all they are thinking about tonight.

[emoji122][emoji122] A 5yo spent five days in a septic tank, had that compounded by the indignation of an autopsy and was then stuck in the ground for all eternity. I won't be made to feel like I'm the one on shaky moral ground for hating what that sweet child was forced to endure or for being disgusted by the abuse and neglect inflicted on him by the two people entrusted with loving and protecting him.

I can only speak for myself, but I respect and understand the opinions that others hold, and I do not claim that anyone is on shaky moral ground. I expressed my opinion as it does differ to the majority, and in the interests of balance I felt someone should speak up. I do not judge, I stated what I feel and the principles by which I live.

I did disagree with the dissection of the few words uttered by AW. So many people on these threads claimed that the parents hiding away was somehow an admission of guilt. That may be true, but it feels to me that people felt they had been denied an opportunity to rip their "statements" to pieces. It is now apparent that nothing either of them said would have been correct, and perhaps they knew that, and that is why they said nothing.

It may be possible that the mom has a history that would make her prone to this, but it is a wild guess, I'm not mentioning it to bash them or judge them. LE has it under control. These cases get to people as they should. There was recent one from this winter, a little boy Kenneth White where his cousin killed him that just gets more horrible as the truth comes out. The community around his loss rallied and made changes that will make a difference to other kids. Most of all, as Steleheart's comment points out, Noah may have saved his sister.

Her mom looks a little like this to me. I think she may have had issues way before she had kids.

Here's the quote:

“This is the saddest thing that’s ever happened to me in my life,” White said. “I don’t feel people should be able to enjoy it over dinner.”

I had a flashback to a father whose son had been brutally murdered and sexually mutilated. The courtroom was packed with onlookers, curious members of the community, and when it came time to show the pictures of this poor mutilated baby to the jury, the father requested the judge order the courtroom cleared, out of respect for his son. The judge refused to do it and the Dad made a long statement about other people getting curious pleasure out of his pain.

That's what crosses my mind when I think of people wanting to watch Ashley's hearing and "enjoy it over dinner". I'm probably one of the few here who is open to the possibility that she was just merely neglectful to a criminal degree - that is, he was terribly unsupervised as well as the baby, and the possibility that drugs were found in the home. I am open to the possibility that she truly did not know what happened to him, and was horrified when his little body was found in the septic tank.

Although I didn't sleep when my kids were awake, i would have great empathy for parents who lose a child that way.

She did not nap Sunday morning, IMO. Noah died Sat night/Sun morning and was in the tank before the sun came up. She took Paul to work and went home, buzzing with fear and anxiety waiting for the agreed upon time to call LE.

Without sin. Killing your son is not something I condone sticking him in a spectic tank.. Priceless. The mother is a addict does that excuse her no.........Quit sticking up for this piece of **** person who calls herself a mother.

I need to clear up a few things.

When I said "jumped on" I was referring to their words, not them. Jump on whoever you like.

We don't know that they deserve any empathy, but neither do we know that they don't.

I am also fiercely anti drugs, I have never touched anything other than alcohol and pain relief drugs during childbirth. Part of me cannot comprehend how competent individuals can make the choice to bring drugs into their lives. But it happens daily. The picture that earlier posts and photos of theirs paints compared to now suggests to me that somewhere along the way something went awry.

I looked at comments under a MSM article and the things people were saying...It is my opinion and my opinion only, that if I was to feel ill will towards these people, and call for their murder, or their drowning or anything like that, then I am no better than they are. If other people want to hate them, despise them and discount them, then that is their decision, but I have just as much right to post my feelings on here as anyone else.

I am able to loathe their actions, regret their choices and wish that those children had been dealt the hand in life they deserved, while also recognizing the fact that these two people were also someone else's baby once.

I don't want them to be harmed but if either one or both are the reason Noah is dead I do 100% want them punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I cant stand what child abusers do and those who grossly neglect defenseless helpless children who are at their mercy when no mercy is given.

But wasting my time hating all of these pathetic worthless defendants that are discussed here at WS? Nope, but I sure detest vehemently what they do to their victims. These type of parents destroy lives ........if the child lives they create ever lasting emotional scars.

I don't think a DA would bring charges he cant prove BARD.

We are all judged on what we do with our lives at the present time. This couple is no different than others. It really doesn't matter if they both were angels at one time. They are now charged in 2015 with abuse and neglect of both of their children. They will be judged by a jury on the facts as they exist now and not what happened in the past unless the abuse and neglect had been ongoing for years. Many criminals have no criminal history at all before they committed a heinous crime......some don't even have traffic tickets. Of course their past history has nothing to so with the charges at hand.

I must have missed the posts saying they hate this couple, but even if so, I realize emotions run very high when it comes to a dead child.

I don't know of anyone that 'likes' a child abuser or one who grossly neglects their children to the point of the living child being removed from the home. I can understand the anger and frustration toward these parents.

I don't hate them but I darned sure don't like them nor what they stand for. Child neglectors and child abusers are the scum of the earth to me. The only thing worse is a pedophile who preys on children. I don't think there will be many people who DO like them.

I am not going to assume Noah's death was an accidental overdose. If drugs of any kind/// especially illegal drugs were given to Noah.... they murdered him imo.

For all we know this could have been premeditated and until we know what happened to Noah I am not giving his unfit parents any sympathy.

My sympathy will remain with Noah and his baby sister.

If that's harsh then so be it.

Only a day after burying their little boy, and a few days after having their baby taken off them, and not even a single red, puffy eye between them. They don't even look remotely grief stricken. Did either of them even shed a tear?

"Mom" looks like she doesn't give a ****. In fact, she looks bored. Of the two, I'd say dad looks the more troubled. Had I not known the background I'd have thought they'd been booked in for some minor crime given the lack of emotion showing.

Edited to add, that's my favourite photo of Noah. He was such a gorgeous little boy.
The mug shots look nothing like they actually did at the time if you will look at the video taken of them immediately prior to the booking photos. Their camera and set up must be really lousy. Their hair is the wrong color and their faces are not even close to the right skin tone. I don't see how anyone can tell anything from mug shots about their emotions either. And what does it really matter? I care more about their actions leading up to a dead 5 year old and a 6 month old infant who just entered the system. (Media says the baby is 6 months old, but WSers seem to think she is 8-9 mos.? We should resolve that issue.)

Having empathy is not the same as having sympathy. It is also not the same as liking someone.

I am well aware of how the justice system works, and I have stated a few times now that I hope they get maximum time without parole. I also hope that AW is not treated leniently simply because she is a woman.

But there will be plea deals. It is how the justice system operates.

Not always. There are plenty of cases that are just too heinous for a DA to make a plea and they will take it to court.

I think the DA knows if he was to plea with one of them it would make the community very upset and he is an elected official.

If there are additional charges of murder then I suspect there wont be any plea deals offered at all for either one. Unless they both plea to LWOP.

Without sin. Killing your son is not something I condone sticking him in a spectic tank.. Priceless. The mother is a addict does that excuse her no.........Quit sticking up for this piece of **** person who calls herself a mother.
Could you please provide the link stating the mother is an addict? I haven't seen it. Not taking up for anyone here, but like to keep the facts straight. Thanks.

Having empathy is not the same as having sympathy. It is also not the same as liking someone.

I am well aware of how the justice system works, and I have stated a few times now that I hope they get maximum time without parole. I also hope that AW is not treated leniently simply because she is a woman.

I misstated. Sorry, I should have said I don't have any empathy for either one of them at this time.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members