GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stayed away for since Thursday except for a couple of minutes but I had to log in today to see if there have been any developments. I see that the parents have been arraigned. I also see that preliminary hearings will decide if this case goes before a Grand Jury and if it does, a Grand Jury will decide if it goes to trial. I have to say that that fact scares me. To think that a Grand Jury will be who makes a decision if this couple goes free worries me. For some enormous reason I don't trust juries any more. I feel that some people will feel that this couple has suffered enough already with losing their child and these people will be set free and not have to pay for what they contributed toward this innocent, precious little boy's death.

I keep seeing everyone post Easter Bunny and egg coloring pics on FB and normally I love it since my kids are too old but I don't feel that joy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. I can't keep this precious little boy out of my mind. I spent yesterday with my daughter and 11 yr. old grandson at a Spring Festival and thoughts of Noah kept entering my mind. I think we are all grieving right now.

on the justice for noah fb page.....the flowers for noah are gorgeous.....and i LOVE that someone brought him an easter basket :(........so moving......

and there's quite a post below those pics and comments from a cousin of ashley's and noah's

https://www.facebook.com/justicefornoahthomas

Just read it Queenie, quite interesting. Those poor children.:tears:

on the justice for noah fb page.....the flowers for noah are gorgeous.....and i LOVE that someone brought him an easter basket :(........so moving......

and there's quite a post below those pics and comments from a cousin of ashley's and noah's

https://www.facebook.com/justicefornoahthomas

Thanks for sharing this. This is the first time I have seen this page, though I've read similar in other places. Quite an eye opener.

Just read it Queenie, quite interesting. Those poor children.:tears:
so my question would be.........if the family knew, did they contact dfacs? did they intervene? did they do something? or did they just fret about it?

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

omg

so my question would be.........if the family knew, did they contact dfacs? did they intervene? did they do something? or did they just fret about it?

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

omg

It appears to me that part of the family joined them and the rest stuck their head in the sand. Poor babies.

Noah's been on my mind today; this is one I can't let go of. I was pretty sure from the get-go how it was going to turn out and I followed the case anyway. Broke my "I don't follow cases of people under 13" rule. Came out of lurking and posted, even. I'm really good at distancing myself and being objective and not letting my emotions run amok, but every time I see a new reply to this thread my heart sinks and I can see his smiling face. :/ I just can't shake this one off.

I can't bring the link over on my phone, but I just watched the Forensics Files episode on Tara Munsey ("Filtered Out"). The sheriff and CA both appear, and at around 5:25 there is a young AW.

Why weren't they charged with drug possession? It seems the general consensus is that they were addicted to something.

they had time to dispose of it imo

Why weren't they charged with drug possession? It seems the general consensus is that they were addicted to something.

If true, they had time to remove all illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
Drug-related charges may come later, when test results are in. If they were using drugs, it will show up in hair, if not urine.

OT...but not being a believer in heaven, this kind of thing makes it harder, Imo, to comprehend. But of course this kind of thing is part of the reason for my non-belief...anyway...jmo.

Thanks. Interestingly, that article contains the statement that LE states they got a hard and credible tip that led them to the discovery in the septic tank, but later LE has said they got no tip whatsoever and just drained the tank in the routine recovery process.

There sure is a lot they aren't being transparent about.

Agreed. Did they lie about receiving the tip to make the perpetrators feel guilty and confess? They kept saying the parents were distraught and extremely cooperative. Was that a lie, also?

I don't normally question LE, but what is the reason they lied to the public?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Agreed. Did they lie about receiving the tip to make the perpetrators feel guilty and confess? They kept saying the parents were distraught and extremely cooperative. Was that a lie, also?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I am sure it was to keep them feeling comfortable talking to police. Jmo

I can't bring the link over on my phone, but I just watched the Forensics Files episode on Tara Munsey ("Filtered Out"). The sheriff and CA both appear, and at around 5:25 there is a young AW.

Saw that and thank you for posting it.

I am sure it was to keep them feeling comfortable talking to police. Jmo
Because they would feel better LE got a tip where their son's body was??

Not attacking you Cluc. I've just never seen LE act like they have with Noah's case.

All of their reassurances about how cooperative the parents were came after they had already found cause to remove the baby, so maybe they were trying to convince them that they had removed the baby as a precaution. Because they knew they had to get the baby out, but how to do that and keep the parents comfortable is a tricky thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth