Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she have any connection to the American Southwest? Last I heard, LE said PD lived in a place like Arizona about a year before her murder, based on isotope testing on her hair.

it says she left home a few years prior and her parents had heard she went to California and they also heard NYC so that kinda fits

She's definitely a possibility IMO, although she would have been about 20 in 1982, which is a little beyond the upper age range. I specifically remember seeing her photo as a possibility in another UID case, but I can't remember which one right now. Does anyone know if Kathleen Kelly has been ruled out?

Just spoke with an administrator at NAMUS; Kathleen Kelly has "not yet" been ruled out as being PD.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3437dfny.html

I just saw this on doe, has anyone thrown her up yet?

Again spoke with an administrator at NAMUS; Bruno has a "strong DNA pedigree" in CODIS, which basically means Bruno's DNA profile is so complete that a match between her and PD would have already been detected. As a match was not detected, it may be safe to consider her a rule out.

Just spoke with an administrator at NAMUS; Kathleen Kelly has "not yet" been ruled out as being PD.

Kathleen Kelly's NamUs profile is now stating that her DNA test is complete. Curious to see if she is Princess Doe.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22231/60/

I really wish we knew more about Kathleen's disappearance. She went missing not far from where I live, and I have never heard of her case. In 1981, 3 teenage girls went missing in Western PA (in the Pittsburgh area) and never found.

I know what three girls you are referring to. I am related to one of them.

I know what three girls you are referring to. I am related to one of them.

Always sorry to hear that, but nice when family is on the boards. We were discussing similarities between the three girls on Kathleen's thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270723

There are details available about Michelle and Toni's disappearance. Very few details available for Kathleen. Any theories on any of the girls?

Toni is the one that I found out I was related to. I never knew her. She is a third cousin so it's very distant. I'm extremely big into family trees and genealogy, and I happened to find out about her being related to the Byrne's, my ancestors, who were abundant in Pittsburgh. I'm prob distantly related to most people in Pitts because tons of my ancestors moved there and at the time most of them were related to each other. I researched her name on the tree and looked her up, as I do to everyone. I haven't dug too deep.

Toni is the one that I found out I was related to. I never knew her. She is a third cousin so it's very distant. I'm extremely big into family trees and genealogy, and I happened to find out about her being related to the Byrne's, my ancestors, who were abundant in Pittsburgh. I'm prob distantly related to most people in Pitts because tons of my ancestors moved there and at the time most of them were related to each other. I researched her name on the tree and looked her up, as I do to everyone. I haven't dug too deep.

Do you know anything about Toni's disappearance?

No I don't really know anything about it. The only thing I know is what I read online... The public facts.

I was in conversation with Amy Dobbs from NamUs about another missing persons case. I asked her if she could look and see if Kathleen Kelly's DNA was a match to Princess Doe. She took a look and it is NOT a match. She said that both DNA is on file with no association. I guess back to the drawing board. I really thought this was a match.

Amy seems like a great contact for NamUs. She was very nice.

Who is Princess Doe?

I know someone on this thread mentioned her before but has Amy Yachimec been ruled out yet?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/yachimec_amy.html

I thought if Kathleen Kelly wasn't princess doe then Amy was a definite possibility. She looks a lot like the reconstruction images and she's even from Arizona. It says she wore a necklace too but it never mentioned if it was a cross though.

UPDATE: I just re-read the post in this thread. Amy Yachimec has already been ruled out.

Here's another possible match. it may seem a little far fetched but it's definitely possible. Could she be Dorothy Delilah Scofield? She was a girl missing from a Florida shopping mall back in 1976. she would have been 18 in 1982.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/363dffl.html

I checked Princess Doe's website and it hasn't been stated if she was ruled out yet, and she does resemble the composite image.

PD.png

Attachments

• PD.jpg
    PD.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 227
I'm sure Dorothy has her DNA in CODIS, so that could rule her out.

Probably, but it's always a good idea to check whether a) both parties really do have dna, b) it's the same kind of DNA (mt or str), c) it's in the same database and d) it's either being checked automatically or has been checked by hand. We've had a lot of cases where one or more weren't being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans