GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be jaded from other cases, but my first thought on the pokeman cards was that the parents were going to sell or get rid of them and noticed them missing. In another case I'm following the parents got rid of the baby stuff w/in a few days of him "going missing". In that case dad has been arrested for murder. Again I'm probably just jaded.

I honestly don't know how some of us avoid becoming jaded.

I know where my mind immediately goes as soon as a child (or adult) goes missing.

Sucks to think that way. But there you have it. :(

ANonyMs

I absolutely love that you called there. I was planning on doing it later this week (did not want to call and have that discussion in front of my kids!) Seriously - you rock.

Don't know about Rock.... but I have been called hard headed :shame: It still bugs me. There is another number that I may call tomorrow ;) She did tell me that there is an A (attempt) and a C (conspiracy) which I said yes, I had read that on the VCC page. But it stated that that would be in the code FAM..... F6 < if it were that it could be where the "F" was there. Still a Felony, just a different identifier. (On the VCC page it gave example of charge of someone doing something against a LEO) She said yes, I was correct there. I did explain lol that I like to research and not so much being a lookie lou lol She laughed. I am wondering if it is just something to do with their internal coding. Grrrr :thinking:

And for the record, I think you Rock too ;)

I wonder how much of the search warrants and such as are still sealed. I am gonna run to Joann's tomorrow and I'll only be a short distance away from the courthouse. Think it is worth giving it a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giggling, its always worth a shot ;) I found this in an article from The Journal Times I think it was (I copied it to my notes in a wordpad doc, didn't save the link darnit "When asked if search warrants had been filed with regard to Noah’s disappearance, an assistant clerk at Pulaski County Circuit Court replied “everything in that case has been sealed.” But at least you will know for sure, if you decide to go there ;) LOL then maybe it wont bug you like this "f" and "a" is me lol

I have no idea if they were found. But your post made me think of a post from someone else, very early on, that said they felt like it was done intentionally. That they thought he was buried with his favorite tin of pokeman and his boots and raincoat because those were his favorite treasured items. As if it was a burial done out of love (in all his favorite stuff). I'm very poorly paraphrasing the post and I apologize but the gist was since it was to be his final resting spot it would be with his fav's.

That would potentially make sense to me if it wasn't in a septic tank full of feces.

BBM: I think you are exactly right about the burial of love, but the part about the septic tank, IMO, doesn't matter, because that would imply that after they caused his death they would never, never, disrespect him. But they did by causing his death - "If That's What Happened".
Some tiny act of affection is a way of lessening their own guilt feeling while protecting themselves at all cost. Just speaking in general and JMO.

:cow:

If you could get one questioned answered what would it be?
I want to know if the darn Pokemon cards really were missing according to the parents.

That's kind of what I was getting at and you hit it on the head. I think her contradicting what his favorite color was, when it was widely reported to be blue, was kind of her way of saying, "I knew him better than anyone else!"

I also wondered that if noah was her daughter's "best friend", had they been to visit him since they moved.

I know for a fact that she is wrongly saying that she lived in that house until November of last year, and that's just not true. Angel and Mark lived in the house during the summer and fall of last year, and they moved out in November. I have the email and photos dated 9/23/2014 that she sent to my mom, showing her the house and property that she and mark had been living in. So... I don't know what's up with that.

This case is so weird. Nothing is consistent and I have serious doubts about most everyone that has spoke up. Looking at all the people surrounding Noah I'm not certain that he ever really had a chance. He was failed by a lot of people IMO.

If you could get one questioned answered what would it be?
I want to know if the darn Pokemon cards really were missing according to the parents.

IMO, I think it was an error on the NCMEC flier. They had 2 fliers and it wasn't on the second one. AFAIK, that's the only place anyone mentioned the cards, right?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

IMO, I think it was an error on the NCMEC flier. They had 2 fliers and it wasn't on the second one. AFAIK, that's the only place anyone mentioned the cards, right?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

It is. I didn't see the 2nd flier but if they weren't listed on it then it likely was an error. I guess I need a new question now.
Who notified Paul and when?

Maybe I'm the weird one.

Yes, but it has nothing to do with this case or graveyards. [emoji39][emoji8]

It is. I didn't see the 2nd flier but if they weren't listed on it then it likely was an error. I guess I need a new question now.
Who notified Paul and when?

That was one of my first questions. And as far as all the crazy stuff that's came out or lack of it... I think we see that often. Media is in a hurry to be "the first" to report even if it isn't factual or complete. People read it and run with it, before we know it, its taken a life of its own. I read on this case, where someone had given out the wrong address of the parents and people living at the wrong address were getting death threats. LEO was having to deal with that and all the stuff in the moment with the case. Crazy stuff people post online has become way too crazy. We don't know what the LEO we seeing from their side. I am sure that some ways social media helps but it also brings out the crazies. In this new era, the LEO are danged if they do and danged if they don't. They have to guard the integrity of the case, and have enough probable cause file the charges. Personally if they are going to file charges, I want them to be able to prove it. Hate for a bad guy to get off on a technicality or an innocent person get convicted wrongly. Pray I never in a position to have to personally worry but never know.

Can anyone recall another case where we never laid eyes on the parents until mugshots (or was the courthouse video first)?

Well if your feel weird on this, your not alone. I will sit with you and eat a picnic lunch at your weird table ;)

Well, come on over and have a seat! I spend a lot of time saying, " I obviously just don't think like other people", wondering what in the world are people doing, and how and why. And the people that are eating that up on fb.... I don't get it. I'm not saying anyone should be "called out", but I would think people would be wandering away, slowly trickling away from that page, put off by the oddity of what is going on on that page, instead of begging for more gravesite photos, anxiously waiting for the next photo of some poor kid bending over Noah's grave for a photo op. And some of the people in the photos- what are you smiling for, all of you??? I just don't get it.

Can anyone recall another case where we never laid eyes on the parents until mugshots (or was the courthouse video first)?

I have to agree with ya on that one about it being strange. Compared to what we are use to seeing ... forever I guess when someone has gone missing. Even in the days before social media. Then we have the Susan Smith type.... or what was the family that was wrongly accused but the child has still never been found? A baby I think.. gosh mind went blank. I am like everyone else, if my family member was missing, I would def hope I would have the strength to stand up or at least sit in a chair and plead for their return. So I guess, this case for what ever reason they didn't, can be a first on that page ...

Maybe they figured they knew their story was, ahem, poo poo, and they knew they couldn't sell it to the public.

If the drug rumors are true, and I think they are.. Either that or they just aren't living right to look so sickly... They probably have a huge disconnect with reality.

I have to agree with ya on that one about it being strange. Compared to what we are use to seeing ... forever I guess when someone has gone missing. Even in the days before social media. Then we have the Susan Smith type.... or what was the family that was wrongly accused but the child has still never been found? A baby I think.. gosh mind went blank. I am like everyone else, if my family member was missing, I would def hope I would have the strength to stand up or at least sit in a chair and plead for their return. So I guess, this case for what ever reason they didn't, can be a first on that page ...

I've said it before, I would have my snotty, sniveling, disheveled body in front of the camera, and beg for someone, anyone to bring my baby back. If they could drag me away from searching for him. Take away the speculation. I want myself and my whole family polygraphed the first day, take me to the station while you search my house and property first. Do all of that so you can move on and find my baby.

Well, come on over and have a seat! I spend a lot of time saying, " I obviously just don't think like other people", wondering what in the world are people doing, and how and why. And the people that are eating that up on fb.... I don't get it. I'm not saying anyone should be "called out", but I would think people would be wandering away, slowly trickling away from that page, put off by the oddity of what is going on on that page, instead of begging for more gravesite photos, anxiously waiting for the next photo of some poor kid bending over Noah's grave for a photo op. And some of the people in the photos- what are you smiling for, all of you??? I just don't get it.

I forget which one of the fb pages it was but it did make a huge lump go in my throat. A lady posted that her lil granddaughter was a "bus buddy" with Noah. She said that meant they shared the same seat on the school bus. The lil girl was having a hard time with his passing. I have a little 5 yr old grandson who rides school bus in afternoon and it made me think of him. IIRC the lil girl wasn't in his grade just they shared that moment in the day together daily.

I don't know what draws me to true crime stories... I know they aren't gonna have a good ending for the most part. I love genealogy, so that's why I like looking up the research stuff, to try see the full picture. I personally don't get into the emotional connection part of it. I did once and it haunted me. Cant do that anymore. I have to think of it as "this is far away, not affecting MY personal life" < coping mechanism. I have Great Empathy for the victim and family and friend of those close to the situation. When we get into that emotionally connected, personally I think its harder to be open minded to facts, wherever they lead.

LOL so that's what's at my weird table, just letting ya know before I sit down :blushing:

I've said it before, I would have my snotty, sniveling, disheveled body in front of the camera, and beg for someone, anyone to bring my baby back. If they could drag me away from searching for him. Take away the speculation. I want myself and my whole family polygraphed the first day, take me to the station while you search my house and property first. Do all of that so you can move on and find my baby.

Sad thing is, when stuff become high profiled, it always worries me that the LEO will be so pressured to make an arrest that they may over look something or mistake something. I think what some refer to in part is the CSI effect. OR in some cases where depending on who's who... some cases don't get the cant think of good way to say it... some times stuff is swept under the rug ...

Have you ever read the case on Olivia Jane "Janie" Ward? That is a real heart breaker. Screwed up from the get go. She was exhumed 2 times after orig burial and autopsies done. Or poor Nona Dirksmeyer?

I forget which one of the fb pages it was but it did make a huge lump go in my throat. A lady posted that her lil granddaughter was a "bus buddy" with Noah. She said that meant they shared the same seat on the school bus. The lil girl was having a hard time with his passing. I have a little 5 yr old grandson who rides school bus in afternoon and it made me think of him. IIRC the lil girl wasn't in his grade just they shared that moment in the day together daily.

I don't know what draws me to true crime stories... I know they aren't gonna have a good ending for the most part. I love genealogy, so that's why I like looking up the research stuff, to try see the full picture. I personally don't get into the emotional connection part of it. I did once and it haunted me. Cant do that anymore. I have to think of it as "this is far away, not affecting MY personal life" < coping mechanism. I have Great Empathy for the victim and family and friend of those close to the situation. When we get into that emotionally connected, personally I think its harder to be open minded to facts, wherever they lead.

LOL so that's what's at my weird table, just letting ya know before I sit down :blushing:

My mom always read true crime and I caught the reading bug early. I was reading her books probably at too early of an age, but you couldn't stop me. I just craved information.

The first story I read that stuck with me was Darlie Routier. And I hate that her name is attached to that..instead of Damon and Devon, the year after I graduated high school. I was horrified that a mom could do that. I think that was my first adult recognition that not all mommys and daddy's are the safe haven that my parents were.

I read a LOT here on WS, post occasionally. I was intently following Noah's case... He reminded me so much of my 4 year old boy, smiling, big for his age, mischievous bordering on just plain bad, haha. But personality for days and everyone is just drawn to him. Then I saw Angel post his missing flyer on fb and told her I was following his story and then learned of the connection she had to Noah.

I try not to let emotions get the better of me, and most of the time I can remain distant and objective. But every now and then, one just GETS me and hurts and consumes me and I guess it's good to be reminded of my humanity. But when it happens, it hurts. And this hurts.

I'm glad you saw the timeframe stuff too...I've had more than a few posters here question me pretty critically early on about the timeframe when Angel lived there because Tabitha said she lived there then. I saw where Tabitha said conflicting things about when she lived there. The year ago timeframe is more accurate.

I appreciate that she set up the page and I believe she cared for Noah. I think it would have been hard not to fall in love with him.

I don't think I could bring my kids out to a grave of a child that I loved the day or so after he was buried and take photos and post them and volunteer to bring items out there and... I just couldn't do it. Maybe I'm the weird one.

BBM;

~ When I first saw and questioned the timeframe I was cautious. I hope that I did not come off as critical but it was worth inquiring about. Then I noticed how this particular admin had been so deeply effected that it almost became totally about her even on her own personal FB page. When I see that in a case it gives me pause, however...

~ The page is wonderful, the involvement, the tributes and all. People are genuinely devastated and that is clear.

Do people grieve in different ways? Absolutely, but when something seems off we need to use critical thinking to resolve it. To be honest I smelled fish when the admins first posted their bios. Not here, mind you, but on the page there.

You have been so helpful and such an asset in this case here and I am sure everyone agrees. So I feel badly that so often insiders or members with familiarity in a particular case end up feeling maligned.

So now I am reviewing that part of the page and since it is written in third person I feel it is possible that whoever wrote it got the dates of her residence wrong. So just being objective I am willing to give the benefit. Maybe the color thing is actually a fact that kids change their fav color often, LOL. I remember such with my own 2.

The grave thing, is a bit much but the saddest part is that Noaha's own parents are in jail and strangers are doing everything.

https://www.facebook.com/findmissingnoahthomas?fref=ts

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members