CNN Airs Anchor's Potty Break Live

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
CNN is apologizing for upstaging a presidential speech with a conversation live from the ladies' room.

Her off-the-cuff remarks about her husband and her brother's marriage went on the air along with one of President George W. Bush's speeches on Hurricane Katrina, until another voice told her to turn off her mike.

In her conversation she dismissed most men with a vulgar term, but called herself "very lucky" to have a "handsome" and "great, great human being" for a husband.

She also called her brother's wife a "control freak."

Newslink

LOL!!! Kyra Phillips may have her husband all aglow, but I do believe her relationship with SIL has officially taken a family/media aware poop in the ole crapper! Gee, and with the Holidays are not to far in the future, too...

Sucks to be her right now, eh? ;)

Data05 said:
LOL!!! Kyra Phillips may have her husband all aglow, but I do believe her relationship with SIL has officially taken a family/media aware poop in the ole crapper! Gee, and with the Holidays are not to far in the future, too...

Sucks to be her right now, eh? ;)
That was my thoughts too! :)

CNN says sorry for live mic gaffe

The programme was broadcasting Mr Bush's speech live from New Orleans, but viewers also heard about 90 seconds of the anchorwoman's conversation during what has been described as a bathroom or hair and make-up break.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5297958.stm

You know though, i think that marriage will last! :blowkiss:

although her relationship with her sister in law has been shot to pieces! :croc: :doh: :eek: :slap: :banghead:

i mean, she's just about had it, eh? pretty much for the next upward of 15 years anyhow. :laugh:

[p.s. i'm pretty sure everyone in the family think her brother made a mistake! LOL]

She may get a chuckle out of it. I'm a control freak on certain issues and I KNOW my husband is and both of us would admit it. Hopefully, they'll forgive and forget. :D

I would hope so as well, JeanaDP. Besides, there are only so many fruitcakes one can regift every year! :D

OMG!! ROFL!!!! The poor girl. You can even hear the water running and her zipping her purse back up. I'm sure glad she wasn't in the stall going #2. :eek: ;)

I'm really thankful it was just a "hair and make-up break".

Just think if she had let out a little groan or had a big ole' fart! OMG, she never would have lived it down. :slap: :D :D :D

Scandi

Hmmmm....

I don't think she likes her SIL...her voice changed when she talked about her- it was dripping with disdain.
Big ooops!

scandi said:
Just think if she had let out a little groan or had a big ole' fart! OMG, she never would have lived it down. :slap: :D :D :D

Sandi
LOL!!!

This is too cute. I like her and her reporting. Maybe her SIL will get a wake up call (wouldn't that be great). Her compassion shows so much when she broadcasts on stories.

She is a good sport and accepted her gaffe and CNN better be nice and not get all uppity and corporate on her. This gal has spirit!!!

IdahoMom said:
Hmmmm....

I don't think she likes her SIL...her voice changed when she talked about her- it was dripping with disdain.
Big ooops!

I thought the exact same thing........What a lovely Christmas it will be this year...LOL!

Hi Idaho :blowkiss:

I also wonder if this news anchor has any children herself. She may think the SIL is a control freak, but maybe she's just trying to do the best for her kids and family.

So what does this mean, her brother has to have sister fight his battles for him? Hope the bothers 3 kids aren't old enough to get caught in the middle of anything.

OB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back