Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget there's still some question about her claims of having owned a stun gun(as opposed to a taser) both in testimony and in her journal.

Something just strong enough to stun him and possibly make him obey her command to sit in the shower, it would definitely make one wary of getting zapped again but not enough to totally disable a person. That would be all the time she would need to pull out her knife and start attacking him. As for the gun, I still think although that may have been her initial plan, it likely jammed on the first attempt and after butchering him she unjammed it while standing over him and then shot him(take your pick for reasons, to confuse the police with the possibility of two attackers as it seemed she had planned, to make sure he couldn't possibly survive, or just as a final fu).

Anyway, thankfully JSS came through with LWOP and hopefully none of her appeals will make it past first reading.

There were marks on Travis that indicated a stun gun in one of the autopsy pictures. I believe she did use the stun gun first. This would stun him....and he was wet from the shower.

Iirc DeVault was in GP and had a prison job within a few weeks of her arrival. If Jodi doesn't cause problems during her processing and orientation I imagine she will be in GP soon
She will not be in GP that soon. At least 2-3 years in solidarity. Hope Angela Simpson assaults her or something like that

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Here is an article from about 18 hours ago about Perryville. According to this, she will be in Max Sec for at least 2 years, before being considered for Gen Pop. Single cell, 23 hours a day, one 15 min phone call per week.

All inmates into a state pen also go thru an intake process of a few days to a few week. During that time, they administer some psych testing, medical testing, assess medical needs, etc. The inmate is given "orientation" to the rules, etc. As she is slated for max security, she won't be eligible for work programs or things like educational classes for a long while.

Edited to add:

Well, now I can't link the article-- it came up with a bunch of asterisks in the link, so the link must not be allowed. (I had no idea-- thought this was msm.)

Only 2 years? Although it does give me relief to know that she's locked up for good and not going anywhere. Even if she is going to be able to eventually access the library, outside, etc.. I thought Samantha made a great point about "life max." There should be some option in between prison (where they can eventually get into gen. population) and death (where it's becoming increasingly harder to sentence people to death row due to changes in society's viewpoints). If Juror 17 didn't think she was the "worst of the worst" or whatever was going through her mind, then JSS could have still enforced very strict prison policy on her that way.

IIRC, it was confirmed by the ME: TA was conscious when he had his throat cut; he had staggered down the hall to get away from her.
What is unspeakable is her glee in the fact that the fog was never there and she has no compunction about telling emotional details.

One of the rare moments that we saw the real JA.

Darn! At least she can't contact her minions. She's home to die. Hope she sees Angela Simpson and not Marissa DeVault. And she's going to experience 120 degree Arizona heat without air conditioning. Gets hot by the end of May out there!

I wonder why Donovan wasn't there today to see her off, for one last time.

I don't think she'll do well at all. Her "fan base" will eventually move on. Her family will not be able to visit her on a regular basis since they live in California. She's in prison now, the real deal. She's going to be surrounded by women that have nothing to lose. Even the most high profile prisoners aren't safe from attack. She doesn't like rules, she's proved that again and again. I see her spending a lot of time in solitary for committing infractions. She's created her own hell.

"Aria's prison term will likely begin today; the DOC will probably pick her up and transport her to the Lumley (max custody) Unit at the Perryville Women's Prison in Goodyear... Her classification score will be influenced by her committing offense, her disciplinary record while in jail, and other factors. She will be required to spend several years in a maximum custody prison before she is ever considered for a lesser custody unit, which would be 'close' custody. If she behaves well and programs as required in close custody, she would eventually be allowed to work her way down to 'medium' custody. This is as low as she can ever go, according to the Department's classification system, due to the nature of her crime.

"Her visits and telephone calls won't be approved for at least 60 days and only after each adult who wishes to visit her pays a $25 fee to the DOC. She can have up to 20 people, including children, on her visitation/telephone call list. All calls she makes are paid for by the person accepting the call. She will be issued state owned orange clothing and her supplies of all types of property will be restricted. Although she will have dozens of boxes of legal materials (due to the length of her trial), she will only be able to have up to 3 legal boxes in her cell at any one time.

More at link:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/ejmo...otPostID=['c37c0a264854ea2200679d80bb9d8e39']

OMG, was that real or was it hacked by someone?

This was posted on CMJA's sisters FB today. I want to believe she 'gets it' but can't outright say what she feels. She still has to live with the stigma and her family. She hasn't acted properly while at the trial, but other than that, she's stayed pretty separate from this. She's young... and really didn't even know her sister.... she just has her mom to believe. That must REALLY suck.

Iirc DeVault was in GP and had a prison job within a few weeks of her arrival. If Jodi doesn't cause problems during her processing and orientation I imagine she will be in GP soon

Ya know, now that she's locked up and my mind can 'throw away the key', I'm not really caring if she's in GP or not. The faster she's around more inmates, the faster she's gonna piss someone off and they'll be more than happy to put Ms. Einstein in her place. jmt

I hope she is scared. I hope she is worried about how she will do in there. I hope she jumps when the doors clang shut. I hope she shakes when other prisoners look at her.

I know that is wishful thinking, but I can hope.

I know that most likely she is planning her career teaching (remember her DP plea) and planning how to make herself queen of the prison. But I still hope.

I don't think she will be afraid. After all she has a most brutal killing under her belt, and she remembers it clearly, slitting a throat. Now, she has nothing left to lose. I would be afraid of her, not to mention she is a vindictive schemer.

I don't think she'll do well at all. Her "fan base" will eventually move on. Her family will not be able to visit her on a regular basis since they live in California. She's in prison now, the real deal. She's going to be surrounded by women that have nothing to lose. Even the most high profile prisoners aren't safe from attack. She doesn't like rules, she's proved that again and again. I see her spending a lot of time in solitary for committing infractions. She's created her own hell.

It was obvious from what we saw in the trial that she could (literally) charm the pants off a lot of guys, but all the women saw through her in about two seconds. That doesn't bode well at all for her at Perryville I wouldn't think, regardless of how well she got along with some short-timers at the jail.

I read today that some ex-NFL player in prison for 1st degree murder is a suspect in the killing of his cellmate. Yes, it stated "suspect." Maybe the same fate will happen to Jodi......

I don't think she will be afraid. After all she has a most brutal killing under her belt, and she remembers it clearly, slitting a throat. Now, she has nothing left to lose. I would be afraid of her, not to mention she is a vindictive schemer.

I think she's scared s****tless! Otherwise, there would have been no reason to drag out the trial. The other max-ers are not going to like it that the Perryville Princess (looks like one and smells like one, in her words) got to spend $3 million on her trial.

Also, was she in shackles in the courtroom? Handcuffs? I'll bet she got that brace trying to bust out of handcuffs or pounding a wall.

There were marks on Travis that indicated a stun gun in one of the autopsy pictures. I believe she did use the stun gun first. This would stun him....and he was wet from the shower.

Oh, gheesh, just realized this: Jodi would have 'practiced' with the stun gun ---- more tortured pets........

Exactly!!!! True Pedos like D. Westerfield focus only on the young. His trial was gutwrenching for me. He like CMJA offered to cop a plea without the death penalty and in return he would lead LE to the body. It was rejected by the PT. In retaliation/defense of DW his team dragged the parents and every witness including the expert witnesss through the mud. So similar. He sits on DR and hopefully will die there soon.
OT nice to see you!

There was a plea deal going on, but Danielle body was found and that took any deal off the table. There is a moratorium on the DP in California.

Don't forget there's still some question about her claims of having owned a stun gun(as opposed to a taser) both in testimony and in her journal.

Something just strong enough to stun him and possibly make him obey her command to sit in the shower, it would definitely make one wary of getting zapped again but not enough to totally disable a person. That would be all the time she would need to pull out her knife and start attacking him. As for the gun, I still think although that may have been her initial plan, it likely jammed on the first attempt and after butchering him she unjammed it while standing over him and then shot him(take your pick for reasons, to confuse the police with the possibility of two attackers as it seemed she had planned, to make sure he couldn't possibly survive, or just as a final fu).

Anyway, thankfully JSS came through with LWOP and hopefully none of her appeals will make it past first reading.

Thank you. You've finally given me a plausible answer as to why Travis was sitting in the shower. It always seemed to me that he was leaning back on the shower wall and fell into that position. There were no visible wounds, but he still looked hurt, even dazed. IMO

RIP Travis. I hope your family can start rebuilding their lives now that these awful court days are over.

Restitution - That must be weighing on the minds of cmja and co. They may lose that money from her phony artwork. No wonder they could only afford to send Sandy with the rest sending in letters pleading poverty. Bye, bye, cash cow.

Exactly!!!! True Pedos like D. Westerfield focus only on the young. His trial was gutwrenching for me. He like CMJA offered to cop a plea without the death penalty and in return he would lead LE to the body. It was rejected by the PT. In retaliation/defense of DW his team dragged the parents and every witness including the expert witnesss through the mud. So similar. He sits on DR and hopefully will die there soon.
OT nice to see you!

It actually wasn't rejected at first. Steve Feldman was on the way to the DAs office to seal the plea deal agreement. The DA was going to take the DP off the table if he would give up the location of Danielle's little body. But Feldman did not get there in time and the ground searchers found her little body that very day before it could take place. He had already drawn up a map. Once the DA had her remains the death penalty deal fell through. To this day I believe it was divine intervention. He deserved death and I am glad he got it but then so did Arias, imo.

He and slimy Feldman were going to blame the parents anyway. It disgusted me the way they treated her parents knowing all along he was a filthy pedophile/murderer. They were victims just like Travis's family and were put on trial...........just like this disgusting team put Travis on trial.

I just saw a short clip of DR. Drew with Kinsey Shofield(forgive me if the spelling is wrong), anyway she said JA had only planned on saying 5 sentences today. The sisters words got to her and that is when she decided to go off with her carp, but we knew that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288