Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
She took it under advisement, but she hasn't granted it yet.

But it's kind of a moot point anyway, since they're both out of the picture after some follow-up activities since the trial attorneys don't handle the appeals.

Bsk, she did grant his motion to withdraw yesterday. The following is the second to the last entry of the minutes;

"Later:
IT IS ORDERED granting Kirk Nurmi’s oral Motion to Withdraw as counsel for the Defendant.
"

Have sidebars come out yet? I suspect Nurmi does dislike Jodi, sure wish he could spill beans, but he can't. As for Maria...I know we can't comment on looks, but wow, after seeing her up close on video, she sure photographs better than being on video!!

I suspect on day he might write a book about her.

I lived in Morelos state in Mexico for 7 months with no air conditioning. The house was made of concrete or whatever it is that most Mexican houses are made of.

My bedroom was a small concrete box/oven with a window, only a little bit bigger than Jodi's cell. The climate was very dry and extremely hot. Even with a heavy duty fan blowing the hot air around I was unable to fall asleep until about 2 am due to the heat. I even wiped my skin down with a wet towel continuously. It didn't help much.

The temperature was in the 90s and unrelenting. This was from September to April. I finally left after 7 months because of the miserable heat. They told me that if I had stayed to experience the heat in May I would be crying from misery.

I assume Arizona must be somewhat similar, although I was located closer to the Equator and the sun was possibly stronger.

If you look at still-shot of when CMJA glares at the baby, you can see Wilmott also glaring back with the same look on her face. Come on, I know she's your client and all, but you gotta be better than her!

Fox10 showed report with current spokesman for PV. He said she will be in confinement for only 30 days. Then she gets privileges. Too good for anyone who slit a mans throat.

She has to earn privileges in order to get them, and continue to earn them to keep them. She won't find either easy.
She can only pretend so long, and then the real ja takes over. I predict many, many years of of one step forward, three steps back.

It's funny - we were hoping all through the trial that JA's facade would break and she would erupt in court, leading the deputy/bailiff to give her a nice BUZZ. But she stayed flat throughout. Yesterday between Sam and Juan they finally got that to break and it was obvious they had gotten under her skin and the real capable-of-murder JA came out vs the unflappable-wouldn't-hurt-a-fly JA.

If it was all a set-up, it worked perfectly.

I also think the sight of the jurors whom she knew had all voted for Death, plus wearing blue in support of Travis, sent her overboard. I think if the jurors had not been there and just the family was there, she would have kept her 'cool.'

I am SO GLAD those jurors showed up, thank u so much!

So is Wilmot remained as a matter if formality? Since jodi will be assigned another attorney to handle her appeals. I'm sure nurmi celebrated his freedom last night.

Wilmot will still be handling the restitution hearing which is not scheduled until June 1 so she is still representing Jodi in that capacity.

If you keep reading jss did grant it

Thanks - I looked at that section but didn't read the last sentence further down the page. I wonder why she didn't just grant it on the spot? It would have been funny if she'd granted it and he'd then asked for permission to leave the courtroom while JA was still sitting there in stripes and shackles. Probably she just wanted to get everyone the heck out of there.

Morning ya'll. After watching and listening to Willmont yesterday I am fully convinced that she is a kool-aid drinking lemming who has not only drank the killers kool-aid but is now selling it lock-stock-and-barrel. I have had nothing but disdain for the the lengths to which this DT went to for Travis' murderer (and still do) but what became crystal clear was the very 1st (and only) thing Nurmi said yesterday after the sentence was delivered was I want out, meanwhile Willmont goes on camera and continues to spew BS in favor of the lifer. I, like Shadylady, suspect that Nurmi has been desperate to get away from this inhuman for a long time but not Willmont. IMO

I suspect one day he might write a book about her.

:seeya:
The person I would luv to see write a book would be Juan Martinez :juanettes:

:please: Oh, how I wish he would write a book about what really went down in all those secret meetings, etc.

:happydance: A girl can dream . . .

Wilmot will still be handling the restitution hearing which is not scheduled until June 1 so she is still representing Jodi in that capacity.

This was probably covered 24 hours ago at WS, but what is the restitution hearing about? Do they put JA on the hook for paying certain state costs? Does that include anything the state gives to the family of the victim (if they do give anything to them)?

I'm wondering whether if the state makes sure they will get any money JA might come into that eliminates the need for the family to file a civil case since they'll never see a dime anyway. Why give her a chance to come back into a courtroom?

Giving credit to the author who #JodiArias stole from and Google who said NO
Jodi Arias is a murderer, a liar and a thief! We have all laughed out loud at her tracings of iconic ads trying to pass them off as her original art. When the murderer started selling these frauds as her own for thousands of dollars we stopped laughing and decided to start getting to what can be done about this. E Bay stopped selling her "art".

Everything about her turned out to be fake or stolen. She stole Travis' engagement ring, she stole his journals, she stole the tragic story of Dan Freeman's brother's suicide and turned it into lies that Travis was a pedophile.

Did you know.....many of her blog entries were stolen also? Google was notified of various and sundry copyright violations from the overt plagiarizing she did, stealing true author's blogs. The "Why Do Children Climb Up Slides" and "If" blogs she posted were the work of Mr. Ralph Marston He let them know what the murderer was up to they removed them straight away.

Jodi Arias was sentenced yesterday by Judge Sherry Stephens to Natural Life. She will never walk free again. EVER! She will try to find ways to gain publicity and taunt the Alexander family. She wont be making money off stolen work of true artists and authors any more. There are GOOD people who are going to keep a close eye on that.

Today I want to thank Google, for their immediate attention to this copyright violation complaint. That was as fast as Jill DeLaSantos got fired from the Boys and Girls Club of Maui. ( http://mauinow.com/2015/03/19/boys-girls-club-worker-fired-over-arias-video/ ) Thank you to Troy Hayden for exposing her vile actions.

I want to draw our attention to the brilliant author who writes a motivational blog she stole from
Mr. Ralph S. Marston, Jr.

http://greatday.com/nmot/ralph.html

http://greatday.com/motivate/960422.html

It is time to heal and be grateful for all of the truly good decent people who have helped expose the murderer for what she is. Yesterday with her admission that she lied on the stand in the trial, she DOES recall stabbing Travis and slitting his throat, Jodi Arias told the whole world she is indeed evil, without remorse and should rot in prison. That she will do....and if she wants to draw or blog it will be to an audience of one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-YeZbtCYAAHXQ5.jpg

Thank you to all of the wonderful people who have supported the Alexander family. The storm has passed. The long seven year battle for Justice for Travis has ended. Rest in peace sweet Travis. You have inspired us all to be better friends, to volunteer in our community, to speak from our hearts and love out loud. In your brother Steven's words...."We hope to make you proud". @zoeywatson2014

Search results for Travi.jpgunited for Travis.jpgTravi.jpgB_3aIcKU0AE0nDe.jpg

Attachments

• Recently Updated1.jpg
    Recently Updated1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 344
I posted this on sidebar, meant to post it here:
I always believed Travis was alive until she stabbed him in the throat.

Yes, the evidence indicated that as well, particularly the autopsy report. It was the neck wound that killed him. The stab to the heart eventually would have, but it would have taken more time. He was already dead by the time of the gun shot (per the M.E. testimony). The other incised wounds were not considered fatal wounds.

A few things occurred to me last night when I was thinking about yesterday's events.

1. CMJA was beyond pi$$ed about the victim impact statements. She sounded very angry to me and it was obvious she really wanted to speak as a rebuttal to what the Alexander family had to say. She can say she's non violent all she wants, but that's not true and I truly believe she was very close to losing it after hearing their statements. And it was obvious that she's impulsive, vengeful and and has a wicked temper.

2. Juan knew she was going to do something like that. I know some have speculated it was a trap by him to say things that would really get under her skin, and I have no idea if that's true. He has studied her actions for so long, I think he knows CMJA almost better than she knows herself. He knew she was going to have some sort of outburst or say something inappropriate - because he wanted to hear what she had to say first, before he made his statement. He knew the VI statements would anger her into not being able to control herself and say something she shouldn't and he wanted to use it against her in his statement. She thinks she's so special and smart, but she really is tedious and boring. SSDD. Nothing is ever her fault, someone else made her react that way - classic abusive behavior. She thought she hurt the Alexander's, but as usual, she hurt herself and she's too blind to realize it.

3. I think her family is secretly glad she's gone forever. And I predict very few of them will ever visit - and not because of money. I'm not excusing her family's behavior at all - especially her mother and her ridiculous statement from yesterday, but I have no doubt that she was an extremely difficult child to parent and they were relieved when she left and they are relieved now that they know they will never see her again.

4. Her mothers statement regarding the DT telling her she couldn't testify - what a joke!! It's obvious the reason she couldn't testify (as is the case with several others), because whatever she would have said is a complete lie and would be impeached by Juan - either by statements already given or others things he knew or would find out. Her testimony would open the door to a huge amount of material that would be devastating to the defense and they knew it. The DT knows Juan was just waiting for them to introduce something like that - he would be all over it.

5. I can't wait to read the sealed documents that will be released now that the trial is over. Anyone know when they will be released?

Perryville is not going to be a slumber party for JA, even if she does get privileges after 30 days (I don't believe she will). We know her true colors. She will never tow the line. She hates authority. She thinks no one can tell her what to do. She will constantly mouth off or act superior to the guards and the other inmates. She won't be able to help herself. We saw how she acted yesterday. She had to have the last word and God forbid she feel slighted in any way even though she's a lying liar who lies murderer. She may pick up a few friends in the coming years but I don't believe for one minute she will be the Belle of the Ball. She loves to put on the act that she's so happy and fine with everything. She is terrified. She doesn't fool me. People say jail is worse than prison but in her case she's had a lot of freedom in jail that she won't have in prison. It's going to hit her hard. She will try all of her Estella tricks and they won't fly at Perryville and that's going to make things even worse for her. Good! I did want her to get the DP because I truly felt in my heart and soul she deserved it, not to mention the law called for it, but I'm not one bit worried about her whooping it up in prison. Think about the life we all have. Even life's simple pleasures. She will NEVER have that. She's going to die there. The only question is when. It could actually be very soon, or she could live to a ripe old age behind bars and basically die alone. JA always acted like she was too good for her family and wanted to be something she wasn't and wanted more out of life. That is a part of her core being. Living behind bars is the exact opposite of that so take comfort in the fact that she's not ok with this. It's killing her! She is miserable and always will be. Good!

audreyparker, also a joke was JW's crowing to JSS about how great a person JA was based on all her interactions with her outside the court's presence. To me it made JW look like a complete idiot (or maybe just more of one).

Morning ya'll. After watching and listening to Willmont yesterday I am fully convinced that she is a kool-aid drinking lemming who has not only drank the killers kool-aid but is now selling it lock-stock-and-barrel. I have had nothing but disdain for the the lengths to which this DT went to for Travis' murderer (and still do) but what became crystal clear was the very 1st (and only) thing Nurmi said yesterday after the sentence was delivered was I want out, meanwhile Willmont goes on camera and continues to spew BS in favor of the lifer. I, like Shadylady, suspect that Nurmi has been desperate to get away from this inhuman for a long time but not Willmont. IMO

I'm no fan of JW either as a human being or as a lawyer, but I think her on-camera words are simply a part of the legal theatre. In other words, they're part of her role. I assume that as soon as she's no longer the LWOP-er's legal representative, she'll pull a Nurmi and be gone in a flash. JMO, of course.

audreyparker, also a joke was JW's crowing to JSS about how great a person JA was based on all her interactions with her outside the court's presence. To me it made JW look like a complete idiot (or maybe just more of one).

I agree!!! And her statement about this being a second degree case - get real!! We all know it was premeditated murder!!! The worst part for me in her presser after the trial was when she said they never said Travis was a pedophile. Totally outrageous and unethical. She should at least own it!! But now to backpedal and say that - totally ridiculous. She owes the Alexander family an apology.

From what I read only if JSS made some kind of error or bad call and an attorney went through the files to find something to get an appeal hearing granted. I think worse case scenario would be to reduce it to LWP. You just never know with our justice system. Who would of thought Casey Anthony or OJ would have ever been acquitted.

As far as the lynch-mob MSM that so called affected her trial, I call BS. She was part of her circus. She was the sideshow attraction.

Her DT brought in false evidence and she lied under oath. IMO, no appeals. Plus, she will be liquidated of her Estrella assets and "JodiBracelets", so no more money for future appeals.

:seeya:
The person I would luv to see write a book would be Juan Martinez :juanettes:

:please: Oh, how I wish he would write a book about what really went down in all those secret meetings, etc.

:happydance: A girl can dream . . .

I hope he does,too. I think he might wait until he retires, though. Isn't that what the Manson prosecutor did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88