Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things occurred to me last night when I was thinking about yesterday's events.

1. CMJA was beyond pi$$ed about the victim impact statements. She sounded very angry to me and it was obvious she really wanted to speak as a rebuttal to what the Alexander family had to say. She can say she's non violent all she wants, but that's not true and I truly believe she was very close to losing it after hearing their statements. And it was obvious that she's impulsive, vengeful and and has a wicked temper.

2. Juan knew she was going to do something like that. I know some have speculated it was a trap by him to say things that would really get under her skin, and I have no idea if that's true. He has studied her actions for so long, I think he knows CMJA almost better than she knows herself. He knew she was going to have some sort of outburst or say something inappropriate - because he wanted to hear what she had to say first, before he made his statement. He knew the VI statements would anger her into not being able to control herself and say something she shouldn't and he wanted to use it against her in his statement. She thinks she's so special and smart, but she really is tedious and boring. SSDD. Nothing is ever her fault, someone else made her react that way - classic abusive behavior. She thought she hurt the Alexander's, but as usual, she hurt herself and she's too blind to realize it.

3. I think her family is secretly glad she's gone forever. And I predict very few of them will ever visit - and not because of money. I'm not excusing her family's behavior at all - especially her mother and her ridiculous statement from yesterday, but I have no doubt that she was an extremely difficult child to parent and they were relieved when she left and they are relieved now that they know they will never see her again.

4. Her mothers statement regarding the DT telling her she couldn't testify - what a joke!! It's obvious the reason she couldn't testify (as is the case with several others), because whatever she would have said is a complete lie and would be impeached by Juan - either by statements already given or others things he knew or would find out. Her testimony would open the door to a huge amount of material that would be devastating to the defense and they knew it. The DT knows Juan was just waiting for them to introduce something like that - he would be all over it.

5. I can't wait to read the sealed documents that will be released now that the trial is over. Anyone know when they will be released?

Agreed. After reading this, her statement full of lies finally made sense. Mom is more worried about her reputation and image than anything else. Her statement was really about restoring her good name and that of her family's; she wants the world to know she is the "#1 Mother' expressed in her statement necklace.

For a mother whose child was sentenced to natural life for a heinous murder, she looked amazingly composed and relaxed and happy after sentencing. And generally, she was also more than content to trash Travis and his family. The convict and her mom colluded- the convict, in her statement, scratched her mom's back (fam did not think it was abuse at the time but know better now, are redeemed) and she scratched the convict's back (she's a beautiful soul, abused by that ) so they all come out smelling like a rose. The apple did not fall far from the tree after all- it's all about presentation of image, and reputation. And in mom's mind it turned out to be a total 'win-win' situation. Nasty.

You will also notice that JSS never looked toward the baby--she never took her eyes off JA. I think she was masking a look of disdain when both JA and JW were talking to her. I've never seen her so stoned-faced and intimidating.

I noticed a slight look of disgust, or annoyance, when JW rattled on and on. I also noticed that she did not "thank" either of them. She probably didn't thank Juan, either, but boy, she wasted no time delivering the sentence. JSS gave the impression that she did not care about or consider anything that JA and JW had just said.

She is not going away quietly into the good night. Sure, she will be silenced for a short while but she is a sociopath and they never give up no matter how bad the chances are against them.

She started right away with her puppet telling people in front of the courthouse that 'she feels good' about moving on to the next phase of her life. Then the tweets were posted.

Dorian Bond recorded an interview (advertisement for his business) before the verdict was rendered. He listed a bunch of appealable errors and his hopes that a particular appeals attorney would be representing her if she could come up with the funds (send money now). He opined that he would be instrumental in finding the appeal issues for her and predicted that she would win on appeal (keep the money flowing to the killer so she can keep him on the payroll).

Just as she struck out against the family, the detective and the prosecutor in court for their egregious treatment of her in court, she will continue to do so by any means necessary.

Sociopaths never, ever quit.

She will inflict her evil until she draws her last vile breath and perhaps even beyond with another manifesto.

Perryville is not going to be a slumber party for JA, even if she does get privileges after 30 days (I don't believe she will). We know her true colors. She will never tow the line. She hates authority. She thinks no one can tell her what to do. She will constantly mouth off or act superior to the guards and the other inmates. She won't be able to help herself. We saw how she acted yesterday. She had to have the last word and God forbid she feel slighted in any way even though she's a lying liar who lies murderer. She may pick up a few friends in the coming years but I don't believe for one minute she will be the Belle of the Ball. She loves to put on the act that she's so happy and fine with everything. She is terrified. She doesn't fool me. People say jail is worse than prison but in her case she's had a lot of freedom in jail that she won't have in prison. It's going to hit her hard. She will try all of her Estella tricks and they won't fly at Perryville and that's going to make things even worse for her. Good! I did want her to get the DP because I truly felt in my heart and soul she deserved it, not to mention the law called for it, but I'm not one bit worried about her whooping it up in prison. Think about the life we all have. Even life's simple pleasures. She will NEVER have that. She's going to die there. The only question is when. It could actually be very soon, or she could live to a ripe old age behind bars and basically die alone. JA always acted like she was too good for her family and wanted to be something she wasn't and wanted more out of life. That is a part of her core being. Living behind bars is the exact opposite of that so take comfort in the fact that she's not ok with this. It's killing her! She is miserable and always will be. Good!

This photo from Dr Lillian Glass's blog purports to be the moment after sentencing.

screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-6-46-39-am.png

I'm sure when the jurors paraded in that her blood was absolutely boiling. I didn't realize who they were until reading about it later. (I wasn't on WS yesterday morning.) JW and KN had to be fuming about that as well. Or maybe KN thought it was funny since he and JA obviously hate each others' guts. I guess he only takes to non-murderous perverts.

That the jurors were in the courtroom supporting Travis was a nice enough gesture on their part (after all, the courtrooms are open to the public, right? Well, most of the time they are ;) ), but that the jurors were allowed to sit in the jury box was a certifiably nice gesture, and had to be a constant reminder to JA that they all had her number. The significance of their presence (all wearing blue for TA) had to get under The Perryville Princess's delicately thin skin just as much as being seen in open court wearing her black and white ensemble. All that was missing were the tomatoes.

I'm also sick of the "just two minutes" argument. In "just two minutes" she took away a LIFETIME.

Typical. They spent the entire time minimising Travis' sadistic murder and implying that Travis' life was not worth all that much. I don't know how they can live with themselves. I honestly don't. Only psychopaths think that way.

She annihilated an entire WORLD.

Will she be allowed to join a dv group as a violent offender doing Natural life? They try to keep the women who are the prey away from the hunters. Also her serving natural life will hopefully keep her away from programs. Since funds are limited, space is at a critical there are years long waiting lists since many who are getting out must complete so many hours of groups as a Condition of their parole they get the first bite

Just going by the warden saying that she would be allowed to join a counseling group with 11 others while each are chained so they can't attack each other...I'm just assuming she would be complaining about being abused.

FYI: According to ADC Travis' murderer has been reduced to a number--i.e., Inmate #281129 whose release date is listed as 12/31/9999.

So, from here on out I will refer to it only as #281129 :cheers:

I like the way you think! I shall follow suit!

This photo from Dr Lillian Glass's blog purports to be the moment after sentencing.

screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-6-46-39-am.png

Great article

When Jodi Arias finally spoke at her sentencing hearing the tone of her voice was cold, defiant. She managed to take one last sadistic stab in tormenting at Travis and his family so they can never have any peace of mind. When prosecutor Juan Martinez said that Travis’ family hoped that he was unconscious when Jodi took that knife to him for the last time, Jodi responded to Martinez’ statesment in graphic detail. She said ” I remember the last time when the knife went into Travi’s throat and he was conscious.”

That statement says it all about who Jodi Arias is- a sadistic, mean, hateful creature with no remorse who’s comment was designed to torture the family who had hoped their brother died with no pain at the end. But Jodi made sure that they knew that he was in pain and was not unconscious.

She is not going away quietly into the good night. Sure, she will be silenced for a short while but she is a sociopath and they never give up no matter how bad the chances are against them.

She started right away with her puppet telling people in front of the courthouse that 'she feels good' about moving on to the next phase of her life. Then the tweets were posted.

Dorian Bond recorded an interview (advertisement for his business) before the verdict was rendered. He listed a bunch of appealable errors and his hopes that a particular appeals attorney would be representing her if she could come up with the funds (send money now). He opined that he would be instrumental in finding the appeal issues for her and predicted that she would win on appeal (keep the money flowing to the killer so she can keep him on the payroll).

Just as she struck out against the family, the detective and the prosecutor in court for their egregious treatment of her in court, she will continue to do so by any means necessary.

Sociopaths never, ever quit.

She will inflict her evil until she draws her last vile breath and perhaps even beyond with another manifesto.

But do you believe that she feels good? I don't - she just has to try and put a positive face on things because she could never say 'this is awful for me' as that would make the haters happy. But I really don't think she can be happy with the outcome when at one point not so long ago (though it seems eons) she stood a chance of getting off altogether or a sentence that may now be nearing its end. I think it's the worst possible outcome for her despite what her twits are tweeting.

On a different subject the second volume of that Behind the Words has been published. Just downloaded it then and am looking forward to reading it on my comfy couch in my just the right temperature lounge room where the only noises I have to listen to are the music I choose to play, unless I decide I want silence. Might even read a bit of it in a deep hot bath where I can linger for as long as I want to. Being in prison would be awful IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Behind-Words-...2&sr=8-2&keywords=behind+the+words+jodi+arias

Hope it's OK to link to this book on amazon. If not and anyone wants to check it out, google the author's name: Kim Anne Whittemore. Volume 1 was very good and very funny in its merciless skewering of Arias.

Just going by the warden saying that she would be allowed to join a counseling group with 11 others while each are chained so they can't attack each other...I'm just assuming she would be complaining about being abused.

Oh sure!! I know that's what the warden has said but in Practice the AZ DOC pretty much does what they want. Perryville administration, CO, and counselors will do their very best to make sure her constitutional human rights are met but.. They WILL be harsh in an effort to break her defiance. It's very common with known manipulate offenders the COs will make life just that much harder until offender is broken down and made to comply. The entire system relies on compliance, those who don't are punished severely.

She & her team sure tried, but IMO they failed. There was no evidence to prove their allegations, absolutely none. And no one who is sane believes anything she said about Travis. Travis' reputation as a good and caring man remains intact. The world got to know him through his family & friends and nothing Arias did or said could change who he was and how he will be remembered.

I was thinking the same thing, then this morning I opened FB. And there it was, one of my friends since teen years opining on how there must have been some truth to her claims, else why did she escape the death penalty twice. He pointed to how over the top the crime was as evidence that something must have pushed her to it.

Since he lives in Phoenix and has probably had this in his face for 7 years it seemed futile to try and change his mind but I did state MOO. To what difference that made? I don't know.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

I hope Perryville isn't making an exception of JA by not posting her "booking" mugshot.

Thank you!

np! I'm not too familiar with the AZ DOC, just the ok doc but most DOCS are the same. I have a childhood friend I've known over 20 years who made a terrible mistake and is doing natural life for M1 in Oklahoma. I've been asking him over the last few years about what jodi is to expect and he's been a wealth of information how prison REALLY is

What do you mean her fantasy defense? How can you not believe that Travis wasn't posing for provocative, unsmiling pictures in the shower before doing his "linebacker lunge" at her after dropping his camera? And that she popped right up after being body-slammed by this angry hulk onto the tile floor, able to dart away from him while fearing for her life? And that instead of running out of the house where surely he wouldn't chase her while naked, she luckily recalled that he had a gun in an invisible holster on a closet shelf with no bullets nearby? And that she was able to climb up and reach the gun without disturbing anything on any of the shelves? And that she used it to shoot him in the head, after which he continued to chase her? And that, again instead of running out of the house, she grabbed the knife they were using to cut the invisible ropes in the bedroom and stabbed him repeatedly with it (mostly in the back) until he quit trying to kill her?

You must be a real hater not to see that her story was 100% believable. :crazy: :crazy:

hahahaha even a writer for NCSI would question that story as a script for a show. lol I take that back because it does read like some cable crime show, maybe that was where she got the idea. Oops...no that was the ninjas script.

Some observations on the gun first story. It reads well and some of the evidence seems to support it but I just can't buy it.
If gun first:
1. there should have been copious clots and hemorrhage in the sinus cavity. Anyone who has ever had a broken nose would have experienced a smaller amount of bleeding.
2. a 25 cal bullet has a higher decibel level that a jet engine at takeoff 140 db. CMJA's weapon .25 ACP 155 dB 'instant damage' so why draw attention?
3. the muzzle velocity of a 25 auto at 4ft distance (allowing for the linebacker pose) should have left stippling on the skin around the entrance wound. If she shot him the way she said.
4. the concussive effect of a gunshot to the skull at close to medium range would cause immediate debilitating damage as Dr. Horn stated. The bullet is accompanied by heat and expanding gasses which cause injuries that are different than a nail or an arrow. The result...think of a concussion on steroids, like being struck with a pneumatic hammer. Unlikely TA could have had any purposeful movement following that.
5.The casing embedded in the blood. If I recall the portion of the casing facing up was free of any DNA. With the spray and spatter of blood, the attempt at clean up not one iota of DNA on it. Not one cell. JMO why the gunshot had to be last. JMVHO but the bullet first theory would make a better CSI. :)

She took the SD card out of the camera and put them both in the washer, intentional action, imo.

On another subject, does Perryville limit the inmates to postcards? If not, I can envision her writing lengthy letters to media, her supporters, etc. and getting her word(s) out early and often, once given the liberty of owning a pencil and paper once more.

After a micro-second no one will care about her mind-numbing rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow