Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I agree with this, but as to 2nd degree, if -- from the start -- she had never said a thing without an attorney present, they could have argued heat of passion. Were it not for all her self-incriminating statements and lies, that could have worked. Had the prosecutor been someone less capable than Juan Martinez (and he usually only tries 1st degree cases), it's quite likely she could have pleaded the case out without any further police investigation, thus the proof of premeditation may never have come to light. Sad to say, but this kind of resolution happens all the time.

She basically screwed herself by her inability to just shut her trap.

I think the rental cars, gas in cans etc would have been brought up..This was way preplanned. Weeks IMO if not more.

From my twitter

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 25s26 seconds ago
NEW MUG SHOT

#JodiArias is now inmate 281129 http://fb.me/7xvLEx6sJ
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

She can't even manage that fake smile any more. Maybe she's trying to look tough in preparation for Perryville.

I look forward to hearing Juan's interview but kinda wanna hear Wilma's too. just to hear what nutso stuff will come out of her mouth.

Here's a link if someone hasn't already posted it:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 2h 2 hours ago

Exclusive: One-on-one with Jodi Arias' attorney http://azc.cc/1ysj7Y0 via @azcentral

She can't even manage that fake smile any more. Maybe she's trying to look tough in preparation for Perryville.

To me that stare says "You are dead to me, world."

True colors shining thru-finally. View attachment 73131

Bwahaha! No more glasses, no more smirk. Just straight evil. Jodi looks even worse (blech!) in orange than in stripes, and they obviously gave her a used togs (note the stretching at the neck) and made her tie her hair in a pony tail. I wonder what kind of manhandling it took to get her in position for the mug shot? First taste of some serious CO treatment....

Not to mention that it is riddled with grammatical, spelling, and factual errors. It loses credibility. And quite frankly, I myself detected her voice and defiant tone and mannerisms without a degree.

You didnt like how she use'd quote's randomly?

I just watched the whole interview. Juan is an incredible human being. I wish there were more like him. WOW

Just finished troys interview,I'll have more thoughts in the morning but the last few minutes juan is so adorable.

Did think I could like him anymore than I already did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wagon:

:welcome4:

I had the terrible misfortune of entering this post (my first ever) the exact moment her mugshot came out, so it was quickly overshadowed :eek:. Can someone please help me out. TIA !!! :)

LOL! WELCOME! :D

Laughing not at you, but your post about the mugshot hitting at the same time :/ Yeah, timing is everything as they say!

:wagon:

:welcome4:

On this commissary money, where does this money come from. If it's from her family, I wonder how often they will deposit, especially if part of it will be taken.

She was spending $100 per week at Estrella's commissary, per Sheriff Joe. I guess it came from family and supporters and her "art". I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was stolen from Travis and secreted away. Evidently, at Perryville, commissary money is considered inmate property and can be docked for restitution. IIRC, there was a court case in AZ addressing this very topic, and it ruled against the inmate.

What a great interview with Mr. Martinez! A true gentleman, and a brilliant prosecutor. I have nothing but respect for this man.

:juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes:

The man is amazing - modest yet confident - honest yet cagey.

Didn't that Dr Phil rumor end up not being true? (and, as far as a missing kids charity I think they need to find out what happend to their missing dog first!)

OH! If so, I'm sorry to be spreading misinformation - I read that here, lol! Thank you :)

:( Missing dog :( Probably ran away and found a much nicer and loving home! :D

Watching Juan in that interview, I began remembering how brilliant he was during the trial, even given the fact that he was in the courtroom everyday without other counsel around him. I haven't watched a lot of trials, but in the few that I have seen, Juan is the only prosecutor who I was drawn to, and who impressed me so much. He is truly one of a kind.

And I like that in the interview he talked so little about himself, and declined to give details about his personal life. He did such an excellent job in these two trials, but he didn't make note of that, and he drew no attention to himself.

The interview of JM by TH was very interesting. I was particularly interested to hear that there is a man on the east coast who is terminally ill, and the rumor is, he is leaving everything in his will to CMJA. JM had also heard this rumor and it is being investigated. He did not deny that the Alexander's would seek restitution of at least 6 figures, and that is a good thing, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998