SIDEBAR #48 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM..........................:floorlaugh: Did she forget to say "Cheeze?" See she's sportin' those snazzy orange scrubs and a matching t-shirt..........by golly, isn't that just the cutest thing you ever saw? Color coordinated, although those bloodshot eyes don't match. Hand that little snowflake a tissue.........pfffft.
She looks like somebody ticked her off. Probably everybody!

Loved Troy's interview with Juan. I'm in awe of Juan's humility.

Have we heard anything yet on Sheriff Joe's report on 281129?

http://**************

I went on here to look at her art that she has for sale/sold. I studied it for quite some time as IMO art reflects the artist's POV. What was fascinating is that her sketches as well as photographs have Zero emotion. THe emphasis on the hands in the portraits are reminiscent of hers. The eyes of the women and men she sketched had nothing behind them. Each face was cold, one dimensional. The photos were of little value to me from an appreciative POV.

If you really look at her work and study it for more than a minute, I would love to know what you think. IMO she has talent in her use of shading. Had she studied art and developed her skill set, she might have become semi good. IMO

I didn't realize that thee web site was not allowed. If you spell her name and add a .com it takes you to the site. I just did it out of curiosity, with an open mind, just to see how she views the world.

Her eyes show she has been crying. Mine look the same, I've been crying for my beautiful dog.
May she rot in her cell.

So sorry about your Buffy, Nore. It's so hard to lose our beloved fur babies. (((hugs)))

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot but I'm curious on Tricia's show tonight with Chris Hughes - Chris said Skye told Travis approx. 1yr prior to his murder (paraphrasing) "We're / I'm afraid she's going to kill you". What are the odds that Travis repeated this to Jodi & she said (to herself) I'll show them!!

Loved Troy's interview with Juan. I'm in awe of Juan's humility.

Same here, what a genuinely awesome human. Oh, I just remembered, Juan said something that made me chuckle...."when the San Francisco fog came in" referring to the fog in testimony. That was really cute and showed his humor.

Great news, Troy Hayden will interview Juan on Fox 10 tonight.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3h3 hours ago

"I don't hate her. I hate her crime." Prosecutor Juan Martinez talks #JodiArias. Interview I've waited for.

Oh, here is the new inmate photo..... '
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Tr...0510210691796/817656534977157/?type=1&theater

View attachment 73134

She doesn't look very happy... Not at all like her mug shot in 2008! Maybe reality was setting in as this was taken.. Hope so!!!

I so love you guys here, so I need to say something, not to open up a debate, just to clarify what the inmate blurted out to hopefully give peace to the Alexanders in case they read here.

I am a retired RN. I spent 42 years as a critical care and ER nurse. I have seen much in my years in that capacity. I HAVE NEVER seen a gunshot wound to the head like Travis had, that did not swell immediately and bleed profusely into the surrounding tissue. It would have knocked him out and he would have been unconscious right afterward, therefore, it would have been last. He had no profuse bleeding in that area, even having layed for 5 days. The very fact he had no circulation would limit any blood. If he had been shot first, his heart would have circulated the bleeding profusely into the tissue. Had the bleeding occurred, the clotting mechanism would have started and by the 5th day, there would be a clot still there because there was no circulation to begin the process of desolving. Decomposition would not have removed the clot in his face, sinus cavity or brain tissue left. Decomp did occur with brain tissue, but that is vastly different than a what a humongous clot would be if there had been one.

He had already extravasted (bled out) into his chest cavity due to the laceration to the superior vena cava, rendering him in cardiac arrest. He most likely was in a tachycardia from the adrenaline response and was down on the floor as he bled and was already unconscious. By the time the neck slice occurred, he would have been unconscious and either stopped breathing or was having agonal respirations (end of life breath).

So, no, he could not have been conscious when she delivered the final slice to his throat and yes, the GSW was last. Dr. Horn got it correct in his autopsy report. I knew all this based on my experience and I knew she was lying when she said those things just to get back at the Alexanders yesterday.

This has bugged me so much, I just kept thinking and thinking about it and finally decided to say something. I want Travis' family to know that he did not suffer after the initial stab to the vena cava, that what she did to him was in rage and occurred after he was unconscious. It took what, a total of 2 minutes, I can't remember, but in that short time, he was taken by surprise, off guard, and had no time to fight very long for his life before the fatal blow to the vena cava.

I apologise for this, I just had to say it.

Thank you for sharing this.

I found these about the interview and JM:

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 4h 4 hours ago
"I don't hate her. I hate her crime." Prosecutor Juan Martinez talks #JodiArias. Interview I've waited for.

CCk0mskVIAAsMsa.jpg:large

---------------

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 4h 4 hours ago
"I wanted to make sure she could hear me" Juan Martinez on why he yelled at #JodiArias on the stand. :hilarious:

CCk3LPSXIAERylf.jpg:large

-------------------

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 3h 3 hours ago
"What price do you put on justice?" Juan Martinez on financial concerns expressed during #JodiArias sent. re-trial.

CCk4PnaXIAAE1gp.jpg:large

----------------

Troy Hayden retweeted
Jon Noetzel @fox10PhotoChief · 4h 4 hours ago
Exclusive. Hear from prosecutor Juan Martinez about the #jodiarias trial #fox10phoenix @troyhaydenfox10 goes 1 on 1

CCk0o9BUEAA-zRN.jpg:large

--------------------

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 38m 38 minutes ago
He was the prosecutor in the first major "social media" trial, but wait until you see Juan Martinez' cell phone. @5p #JodiArias

I Love Juan!!! :loveyou: I really want to watch this...

Juan Martinez is really a decent human being. He has a good heart, a kind soul, a sharp mind and a passion for justice. He is a class act!

She doesn't look very happy... Not at all like her mug shot in 2008! Maybe reality was setting in as this was taken.. Hope so!!!

Frankly, Jodi looks sad.

I absolutely love it!!!

For you, Yes/No....... Juan's interview with Troy: (not exact quotes)

Time comes into my mind, it took a long time, affected a lot of people. Don't hate her, it's the acts or crime that drives you and guides the prosecution.

I was never frustrated with her. It appeared she had all the answers to the questions I was posing, so you try to go into it a little further.

on being Soft-spoken: You do what is required in courtroom, make sure your point is made and the jury hears it, and perhaps add some inflection to carry your voice across.

on being a bully?: I don't think I bullied anybody. There are set rules and the judge adminsters those rules. Perhaps she said my voice was loud, but it needs to carry across that courtroom.

on ALV, "who had to get some sort of treatment during the hearing": I don't know too much about that, only what i read in the papers and first thing came into mind was HOW it got in the papers. Perhaps it was a condition she brought in before trial. Trying to get to the bottom of whatever her theories were.

on things Jodi said during sentencing statement, going after the Alexander family: Nothing JA does surprises me. She is an individual who will do what she thinks is right for herself, egocentric, and at that point she said what probably she believed was best for her. (ON THE FOG): Well, that's it, maybe the fog lifted for her just in time to say whatever she wanted to say and perhaps it was more of a situation where she could make it look better for herself.

It is what it is and you do move on. You can't go back and think you can change the past.

On having a rogue jury: Jury was sworn in, fulfilled their duties, will abide by their decision. . Not going to worry about it, it is done and time to move on.

On juror 17 not being removed: It is something in the past, no real value in rehashing something like that. There were rulings and I will abide by and not go back and criticize anybody. There is a process in place, satisfied with the process, satisfied with what we did with the process. Second guessing yourself is not very productive.

Why retry this case the second time, was it Juan's decision?: No, ultimately Mr. Montgomery's decision. (Did you lobby for it?) That should remain private/confidential. IF 11 of 12 believe it was an appropriate decision, then there was merit in going back and doing it again.

Not more of an expense for him, as he would have been doing some case and being paid for it if not this one.

Unusual case; convicted and then 20 min. later doing an interview: Agree it was an unusual defendant; she used camera and interviews to try to gain something (not sure what she was attempting to gain). The crime was so horrific, I don't know what she could have done to hurt herself or not hurt herself (by these interviews).

Comparing Wendy Arianno (sp.?) and Jodi Arias: both exceptionally violent, both involved a supposed loved one, similarities in teh amount of violence inflicted. Why death for Wendy and not Jody, "it just depends on what the jury thinks."

Some days harder for Alexanders than others, what was it like spending time with them: An experience we will say we are better for it, create a relationship, learn what makes them hurt and upsets them and that brings you closer. Bonding that goes on, but see the suffering. For them it was very difficult for them to hear that their brother was a pedophile. They knew and believe it was not true. That was very difficult, and probably the most difficult for them in his impression. The horrific nature of the photos was very difficult for them. In the room outside the courtroom with the family it would be somber and them attempting to deal with whatever had happened in the courtroom.

On many sidebars: Lot had to do with evidence re-issues, whether certain questions could be asked, items introducted. Don't think I ever wehnt at it with any of them, the sidebars were adequate. Will not judge what kind of job KN and JW did, that is up to them to think about.

on Media attention: Attention of the world was focused on that courtroom, esp. in first trial.: Doesn't think it has an impact on him, but it makes it so people know him more; flattered that people come up to him and recognize him, are happy to meet him, talk about where they are from.

On putting the celebratory/notoriety to use: don't know how I would put it to use.
On pursuing politics, governor, attorney general: No, I don't think I would do it that way. Nothing like that has entered my mind, have been approached, but not entered my mind.

Got the case by being on-call the night before and was called the next day when the body was found. (not on call that particular day). Issue was whether he would take it or say he was not on-call. Decided to take it. "Obviously I believe that every call I make is probably the right call (said with a slight grin) and this was also the right call." If had to do it over again, he would, without hesitation.

Influence of A family on retrial: consulted with them, made sure to understand their views, then the decision was made. If they want to talk about it, they can, those meetings are best left confidential.

Defense made big deal about computer during retrial, that pros was tampering with comp.: yeah they made those, adn that's what they were ---- allegations. Perhaps they should have looked at what happened when the computer was in their possession. Obviously they were wrong, that computer was in their possession (at police station) of defense on that date. Her lawyers can do whatever they want, and that's what they chose to do (blame the pros. for computer tampering)

Why was *advertiser censored* was such an issue: I didn't either; thought perhaps an individual having looked at an image of a woman might somehow make the murder OK.

Restitution in June: allows victims to recover whatever expenses they have laid out over course of the trial. Travel to and from, living arrangement/renting. There is an amount, but amounds always change. Amount is not public record at this time.

Do they hope to get this money?: never know what may happen down the road, maybe a situation where she comes into some money. They are not being vindictive about it, they are entitled to getting these expenses covered to come to the trial for their brother.

People planning to give JA money for defense, a man back-east terminal illness may give her moneh: Has heard those rumors, won't comment on it.

Sheriff ready to release list of infractions behind bars: I am not privy to that. Insulated myself from anything going on at Sheriff's office. Job was to present the case, anything at the jail was something others would deal with.

People who put money into commissary account, can 30 percent go to the restitution account?: I don't know about that.

She gets to appeal. They can deny in total; they can say there was error and remand a new trial.

If retrial: will not engage in hypothetical. Don't believe there was any error committed.

Do anything differently: going back does not accomplish anything. With the info I had at the time, that is the decision I made. Not productive to go back over it. Used whatever information I had, the decisions were all mine. No one else to blame or take the credit.

News at night, did not watch. It is entertaining and it serves a purpose. ADvocate4 for wanting media for court hearings, there is value there to seeing what happened. Different people see things differently, but the camera rolling perhaps they can make up their mind. Increases the community learning process and the betterment of society.

Overwhelming sense of social media for JA: did not affect me, jurors did not see that, beileves none of them heard or saw, so what diff does it make what is going on around them. I can't change what she did, the way she testified or the things she said. There are consequences for her actions, words. Never will please everybody all the time. Even a negative opinion is an entitlement. She fostered that sort of environment. She complains about it, but out of the other side of her mouth she attempts to use it .

How do you keep from detesting the defendant in the middle of a case?: Because I look at what they have done, and am focused on what they did. I detest what they have done. Horrific as in this case to stab an individual in shower after they engaged in presumably the most intimate thing two human beings can engage in and then follow him around the bathroom stabbing him and then as this individual is dying, cause 0 that is what is happening- he is bleeding out, and then he starts to crawl down the hallway and as she said yesterday he was still conscious..... I don't know. How do you do that? It's not that you focus on the individual, you focus on the act.

I think about what is the best way to present this.

At first trial, did you think "I've got her now"?: . You would be a fool to think that. You never know what a defendant is going to come up with. I knew she was probably going to use self-defense, and the way to do that is to take the stand, so I was not surprised.

Did it surprise you that she came up with the story about the gun in the closet?: As she was telling it, was the first Juan had heard it. All of that was new, have to think on your feet, how to ask the questions, may want to ask the questions a little louder to make sure she can hear you :giggle: , I wanted her to hear me not to have a problem later saying she did not understand a question. NO one had a problem hearing me, not even in the back.

Anything you want to say?: No, anything I had to say was said in the courtroom. Anything I wanted to say was spoken by the jury's verdict and that is all that needs to be said.

Kind of a soft-spoken guy?: Everybody has different facets and roles to play in life. My career is I present cases at trial, my private life is not like that. It is not a role, it is something I believe in, different facets and goals.

So many things came together at one time, I don't think I will professionally see anything like it again. Do you feel that way?:
Yeah, I do. I don't think I have seen a case like this. OJ case had a large amount of publicity but tgere was not the social media. The difference is so much social media got involved, and how much interest the public had in. I don't think I will ever see anything like it again.

Is it the first social media trial, probably?: Perhaps it could be that.

When you got home and knew JA was in Perryville, was there a satisfaction: There is a general satisfaction after every case, not particular to this one.

Seven years of my life and ;;;; it is not that yhou put it aside, I just don't think about it. I do other things that are my private life. Sure I have hobbies, but they call it private life for a reason (chuckle). People do different things in their private life and I am no different that any other person. Favorite restaurant? Has favorites, but not willing to share it.

That's it!!
Forgive any errors, spelling or otherwise. I am tired and off to bed very soon.

WOW!! Freakin AWESOME Spellbound!! Thank you!! = )

I so love you guys here, so I need to say something, not to open up a debate, just to clarify what the inmate blurted out to hopefully give peace to the Alexanders in case they read here.

I am a retired RN. I spent 42 years as a critical care and ER nurse. I have seen much in my years in that capacity. I HAVE NEVER seen a gunshot wound to the head like Travis had, that did not swell immediately and bleed profusely into the surrounding tissue. It would have knocked him out and he would have been unconscious right afterward, therefore, it would have been last. He had no profuse bleeding in that area, even having layed for 5 days. The very fact he had no circulation would limit any blood. If he had been shot first, his heart would have circulated the bleeding profusely into the tissue. Had the bleeding occurred, the clotting mechanism would have started and by the 5th day, there would be a clot still there because there was no circulation to begin the process of desolving. Decomposition would not have removed the clot in his face, sinus cavity or brain tissue left. Decomp did occur with brain tissue, but that is vastly different than a what a humongous clot would be if there had been one.

He had already extravasted (bled out) into his chest cavity due to the laceration to the superior vena cava, rendering him in cardiac arrest. He most likely was in a tachycardia from the adrenaline response and was down on the floor as he bled and was already unconscious. By the time the neck slice occurred, he would have been unconscious and either stopped breathing or was having agonal respirations (end of life breath).

So, no, he could not have been conscious when she delivered the final slice to his throat and yes, the GSW was last. Dr. Horn got it correct in his autopsy report. I knew all this based on my experience and I knew she was lying when she said those things just to get back at the Alexanders yesterday.

This has bugged me so much, I just kept thinking and thinking about it and finally decided to say something. I want Travis' family to know that he did not suffer after the initial stab to the vena cava, that what she did to him was in rage and occurred after he was unconscious. It took what, a total of 2 minutes, I can't remember, but in that short time, he was taken by surprise, off guard, and had no time to fight very long for his life before the fatal blow to the vena cava.

I apologise for this, I just had to say it.

Sedona, you should write to the Alexanders and tell them this info. It would be a kindness. I was a Speech-Language Pathologist for 13 years and worked with several GSW victims. I agree with you that had he sustained the shot first, he would have been immediately incapacitated.

And what about that "Caucasian" thingy? I guess that's what the murderer considers herself??? I thought she was Mexican/Spanish. That might be a problem for her, eventually, in prison with all the gangs- she thinking she's too "good " to be what she is will be a problem for the Latinos and a problem for the her with the "Caucasians" who would think she is not one, IMO.

1908198_376380912555491_1733960388154462565_n.png

https://corrections.az.gov/public-resources/inmate-datasearch[/QUOTE]

There are 5 male inmates named Arias. 1 listed as Mexican, the other 4 Mexican-American

And what about that "Caucasian" thingy? I guess that's what the murderer considers herself??? I thought she was Mexican/Spanish. That might be a problem for her, eventually, in prison with all the gangs- she thinking she's too "good " to be what she is will be a problem for the Latinos and a problem for the her with the "Caucasians" who would think she is not one, IMO.

1908198_376380912555491_1733960388154462565_n.png

https://corrections.az.gov/public-resources/inmate-datasearch

There are 5 male inmates named Arias. 1 listed as Mexican, the other 4 Mexican-American[/QUOTE]

Jodi is Hispanic, even if she denies it. Her father- Bill Arias- is Mexican American.

Good morning everyone :seeya:
--------------------------------------

Legal Expert: Jodi Arias saga far from over

"...Legal expert Dwane Cates said the Arias case will likely drag on for years, as the appeals process runs its course.
"They're going to scrutinize every ruling Judge Stephens made," said Cates. "If they believe there is some error in that ruling - that will be an issue on appeal. This is going to be a monumental task."
Cates said there were so many controversial rulings and motions during the Arias' trials, that Arizona's Court of Appeals will likely be asked to review hundreds and hundreds of questionable legal issues..."

http://www.kpho.com/story/28803647/legal-expert-jodi-arias-saga-far-from-over

And so it goes.... :sheesh:
------------------------------------------------

Is this the end of Jodi Arias?

"...Buh-bye.
Now I feel a little bit like a Times Square cleaning crew on the morning of January 1st, cleaning up in the quiet aftermath emptiness following a big event.'

http://www.darrenkavinoky.com/2015/04/14/is-this-the-end-of-jodi-arias/
------------------------

Not smirking anymore: Defeated Jodi Arias frowns in new mugshot as she starts life-in-prison sentence for murdering ex-boyfriend

"... The image shows a stone-faced Arias dressed in an orange prison uniform....

Jodi Arias looks serious in a new mugshot taken of the convicted murderer this week, as she starts her life in prison sentence for murdering ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. In her first mugshot, taken in 2008, Arias smiled on purpose because she knew the picture would be widely published..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
------------------------------------------

Exclusive: Prosecutor Juan Martinez talks about Jodi Arias trial

"...I asked Martinez point blank -- does he hate Arias? He says he does not, but he detests the crime, not the person and that even though jurors did not agree on the death penalty, he has no regrets...."

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...or-juan-martinez-talks-about-jodi-arias-trial
-----------------------------------

Jodi Arias Sentencing Hearing

"Jodi Arias was sentenced to life in prison in a bizarre hearing that saw her deliver a message to the judge. We look at footage from the court and analyze the proceedings with attorney Trent Copeland,"

[video=youtube;DFzxeXjIbdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFzxeXjIbdw&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288