NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake and Ng's cabin was in Calaveras County off hwy 26 near Wilseyville not in Lake Tahoe. It was purchased by his wife or wife's family. People living in that area would take hwy 88 to Tahoe. 88 also will take you to NV near Minden. I lived in the area when Lake and Ng's did.
I'm sure it was unsettling to realize that you lived so close at the time they were there. Thanks for clarifying the location of their cabin.

Yes it was. They had to drive past my house to get to most of their hangouts and we used the same post office. So much evil.

Charles Ng is on death row currently at San Quentin. Is it possible that the detectives could contact him/interview him to see if Ng could tell them something about this victim and if it's one of his and Lakes? Apparently he's become an artist who paints mermaids during his time on death row. It makes me wonder if he is really a sociopath or was just the follower of Leonard Lake's sociopathic tendencies. He might be receptive after all these years to talk.

Wait. This might explain why there is such a decrease of missing persons between 1985 and 1990. I noticed that in my NamUs searches. Did anyone else notice? I guess people wouldn't notice if they were putting years in the search parameters, but I was looking at missing persons from all years in big batches. That's how I noticed.

Could someone else have picked up with killings five years later? Someone who knew them? Or just another deranged person?

Unfortunately you take one serial killer off the street and another takes his place. They are never in short supply nor are they at risk of ever becoming extinct. It's a sad fact.

A decrease from 85-90 is just coincidence IMO

Charles Ng is on death row currently at San Quentin. Is it possible that the detectives could contact him/interview him to see if Ng could tell them something about this victim and if it's one of his and Lakes? Apparently he's become an artist who paints mermaids during his time on death row. It makes me wonder if he is really a sociopath or was just the follower of Leonard Lake's sociopathic tendencies. He might be receptive after all these years to talk.
You don't think psychopaths can paint mermaids? It doesn't even matter, IMO. Psychopath or not, he's a serial killer.

:::deleted quote with gory info::::

I wish there was a "spoiler alert" feature here for you to hide that type of stuff. I'm not in this thread for gory details of murders. I'm not fascinated by murder. This type of stuff is extremely unsettling to me.

In response to "How could a serial killer afford that kind of cabin?"

It was Lake's cabin, from what I've read. Ng joined Lake at the cabin after he got out of prison.

*SeriouslySearching: Type a warning, please, pal. :) I skimmed over that stuff when I did my research. Just do not want to know the details. :eek: I have a hard enough time sleeping...

And he would probably love to have you think this of him. He's been blaming Lake for all this ever since Lake took the cyanide tablet in prison. They were both involved in unspeakably heinous crimes.

I will be posting the updated Alpha list of submitted names for this UID on or about the 1501 post. All info has been updated including the Rule Outs along with the corresponding post number for confirmation.

How are we supposed to dig into this without details? I haven't run across this on any other thread on WS.
We're just trying to identify this man right now.

When it comes time to actually solve the murder, I probably won't be sticking around if gory details are necessary to do it.

I'll just wait for the cliff notes after the detectives solve it. Maybe someone can send them to me.

I'm not really a Websleuther in the traditional sense. I sort of ended up here by accident.

Sorry. I have been here a long time and I am not used to sugar coating murder cases. However, I deleted my post if you would go back and delete the quote now then it will be gone.

How are we supposed to dig into this without details? I haven't run across this on any other thread on WS.

Nah, you don't need to sugar-coat. I have verrrrry quick reflexes and know when to stop reading. I was thinking more in line of Miss Muffet's comment--and also that there's the possibility these guys aren't even involved with our victim. So the details about Lake & Ng's other victims aren't yet crucial to this person's ID. The only purposeful harm to our victim that is so far "evident" is that he was stabbed multiple times (and it would appear that is only via bone evidence). The detectives have stated that they are "unable" to say rt now if the extremeties were deliberately removed or if it was disarticulation due to decomp. So for us right now, no elaborating details of a possible serial killer's MO of torture would be necessarily relevant to these remains.

We can discuss details about cases - just put a disclaimer up (ie: Warning Graphic Discussion) at the beginning of your post - so posters who don't want to read the details can just keep scrolling.

I agree it's not necessary to sugar coat it because I could function just fine if "GRAPHIC WARNING" is at the top of graphic posts.

I will be posting the updated Alpha list of submitted names for this UID on or about the 1501 post. All info has been updated including the Rule Outs along with the corresponding post number for confirmation.

This is an amazing amount of detailed work, wenwe4. Kudos and admiration. :bowdown:

They should also find out if he is related to the Ng in the obit that a Phil Mark commented on.

Yes, he is another possibility. The fact that Clifford [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Peranteau's missing persons case mentions Lake Tahoe makes me think that if it's not Clifford then it is another NG/Lake victim. Could have used this is a guise on other victims also or even had a cabin in the area of Tahoe or Reno. I think it's too much of a coincidence; the german shephard, the moving company, San Francisco, and Lake Tahoe links. Only thing I can't find is a MO where they removed hands and/or feet.
[/FONT]
I'm only entertaining Clifford because he's from San Fran and was going to Tahoe. If it's not him, I'm not convinced our guy is definitively a NB/Lake victim.

The dog can't be Lake's dog since the body was found 7 years later. Since San Fran and Lake Tahoe are only 4 hours away, there's probably a few hundred thousand people who have links between the two areas. As a result, LG/Lake having a connection between the two areas isn't really special. The blanket could have come from anywhere, but I'll grant you that it is noteworthy that NG worked for a moving company.

Aw Shucks! Thank you!
Your task has grown immensely since you started it. You're very committed, and I appreciate your dedication.

We don't thank you enough for work that is vital to the case. You're amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks