SIDEBAR #49 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
7470195_G.jpg

Boo hoo......guess who missed the celebrity at Joe's place?

7470198_G.jpg

http://www.kpho.com/story/28812722/...s-arpaios-vegetarian-meal-plan?autostart=true

Pamela Anderson visits Maricopa County Jail, promotes Arpaio's vegetarian meal plan

Somehow I don't think Sheriff Joe is doing this because he's giving the convicts a chance to "eat compassionately and make non-violent choices". I think he's doing it to torture non-vegetarians by forcing it on them, and I'm sure the lack of meat is much cheaper to feed them. But whatever Pam wants to think is okay... Jodi will be pissed that she missed her!

Bringing over from the previous thread. Hi Sedona, I appreciate your opinion re: the question of conscious vs. unconscious, however, just wanted to interject that the stab wound to the vena cava is believed to have occurred in the bathroom. He had defensive wounds to the hands indicating he had tried to fight back, and then was still conscious enough to attempt to escape by crawling down the hall. He made it down that short length of hallway ending at the door of his bedroom. Throughout this time he was still conscious. So are you saying that the length of time it took for him to get down to the end of the hallway would have been the precise amount of time it would have taken for him to reach the point of losing consciousness ? I do remember Dr. Horn testifying that Travis was still alive when his throat was cut, but not whether or not he believed he was still conscious. Anyway, just trying to clarify. And FWIW, I hope you're correct that he wasn't.

Hi neesaki, remember all this took place in a 2 minute timespan. He was bleeding out and going hypovolemic once the vena cava was sliced. We don't exactly when she stabbed the chest, it seems like it occurred at the sink in the bathroom. The defensive wounds probably took place from the shower and run to the sink, a matter of seconds.

Also, being alive can have many definitions. It could mean brain activity, a cardiac rhythm without pump action, we just don't know because none of us were there, we can only surmise. It is considered life as long as there is brain activity and a heartbeat. Brain activity doesn't necessarily mean consciousness.

From my experience, hypovolemic shock will cause supraventricular tachycardia and as the blood volume is not replaced, the heart will either go into a ventricular fibrillation or cardiac standstill. Either of those will not have pump action. The normal fight or flight response was most likely taking place as he tried to escape, but this adrenaline rush increased the vena cava spill as his heart raced I am sure to over 200 beats per minute.

Oh dear, I don't want make this sound gory to non medical personnel, I just hope I am making sense. He would still have life in his body after he was down on the floor, but not the kind of life you or I have with not being wounded. The last cut, slitting the jugular would still cause oozing of venous blood, as the coagulation would still be normal. If he was in cardiac standstill, the carotid would not pump. Travis was a young healthy man and all of his arteries, veins, heart muscle were in excellent shape, so they would have fought like heck to keep the body alive, it is called homeostasis and I am sure this was occurring but it was a futile fight. He could not have been conscious when this all started after that fatal knife stick and he became hypovolemic. I have never seen anybody in shock like that remain conscious, alive yes, conscious no.

That was a good question and made me think. If I wasn't 70 years old and so arthritic, I would still love to be working in my beloved nursing!!

I have a funny horse story that happened to me.
I love horse back riding and I love horses too.

Many years ago we went to a place that was not your run of the mill horse back riding place. It was way out in the sticks and their horses were a little on the wild side and they had many acres and they would let you take the horses out on your own to explore around which was really neat.

When they asked us how experienced we were, I told them I wanted a horse that was more advanced since I feel confident on a horse and I am not afraid of them and had been riding a few times.

We had 3 people in our group and the other 2 people were also experienced riders. We had saddled up and headed out. The other 2 people were out in front of me and I was last in line.

Well after walking down a trail for a good bit, the person in the lead yells back and asks if we are ready to go? I'm like...."i thought we were already going".

Well, the leader took off, and of course our horses began to follow hers at a fast clip. I quickly got all my weight on my feet, kept my butt off the horse, and the best horse back ride of my life was under way. I swear it was just like in the old wild west movies as we ran through the fields and trails.
What a blast.

I had no idea where we were going and I am not sure if the leader knew either, but here is the thing. The horses did. They knew those trails like the back of their hands. They took us on sharp turns and basically took us all over the place. It was just incredible.

The scariest part is when the horses took us under some low-level branches to try to scrape us off. We all saw it coming and we all had to eat some neck hair to keep from being scraped off.

After about 10 minutes which seemed more like an hour, the horses slowed and we were back on a normal walk to cool them down.

It was so much fun and I would love to be able to go on a ride like that again some day.

I was too tired to reply earlier, but several years ago I had a co-worker who invited my husband & I to ride the wild horses she had adopted to help tame them, get them used to humans. These horses had been abused and hated people!!! They immediately took off galloping, tried to ride us into trees, wouldn't respond to hard pulls on the bridle to steer them away from them, and knew the direction home towards their feed. Talk about wild rides!!

My avatar is my beloved Lightning. He is just awesome...a Valentine's gift from my DH four years ago. He used to barrel race and was champion around here, but now we both clop through life together. :)

I remember you too Paintr from way back when I mostly read. Your horse is beautiful! And, a Happy Belated Birthday!:bdsong:

Hi neesaki, remember all this took place in a 2 minute timespan. He was bleeding out and going hypovolemic once the vena cava was sliced. We don't exactly when she stabbed the chest, it seems like it occurred at the sink in the bathroom. The defensive wounds probably took place from the shower and run to the sink, a matter of seconds.

Also, being alive can have many definitions. It could mean brain activity, a cardiac rhythm without pump action, we just don't know because none of us were there, we can only surmise. It is considered life as long as there is brain activity and a heartbeat. Brain activity doesn't necessarily mean consciousness.

From my experience, hypovolemic shock will cause supraventricular tachycardia and as the blood volume is not replaced, the heart will either go into a ventricular fibrillation or cardiac standstill. Either of those will not have pump action. The normal fight or flight response was most likely taking place as he tried to escape, but this adrenaline rush increased the vena cava spill as his heart raced I am sure to over 200 beats per minute.

Oh dear, I don't want make this sound gory to non medical personnel, I just hope I am making sense. He would still have life in his body after he was down on the floor, but not the kind of life you or I have with not being wounded. The last cut, slitting the jugular would still cause oozing of venous blood, as the coagulation would still be normal. If he was in cardiac standstill, the carotid would not pump. Travis was a young healthy man and all of his arteries, veins, heart muscle were in excellent shape, so they would have fought like heck to keep the body alive, it is called homeostasis and I am sure this was occurring but it was a futile fight. He could not have been conscious when this all started after that fatal knife stick and he became hypovolemic. I have never seen anybody in shock like that remain conscious, alive yes, conscious no.

That was a good question and made me think. If I wasn't 70 years old and so arthritic, I would still love to be working in my beloved nursing!!

Sedona,
May I ask...what is the vena cava? I never looked at the autopsy or sex photos. I just couldn't. I had no problem believing she overpowered him. I mean, one knife wound in the right place would have anyone in shock I think. But what I couldn't understand is how anyone could do all that in two minutes. I always believed a knife wound deep in his chest came first. I theorized he was showering with eyes closed and when he opened them and turned she was there plunging in the knife. She likely dreamed of all the ways she wanted him to suffer. But to have sex with him first never made sense to me. Only a psychopath could do that and that is most certainly what she is!

Somehow I don't think Sheriff Joe is doing this because he's giving the convicts a chance to "eat compassionately and make non-violent choices". I think he's doing it to torture non-vegetarians by forcing it on them, and I'm sure the lack of meat is much cheaper to feed them. But whatever Pam wants to think is okay... Jodi will be pissed that she missed her!
Thanks Linas for helping me to understand what the heck "non violent choices" means. I guess it means eating meat? Sorry sheriff joe, I want the violent stuff! LOL

You can do them yourself electronically for about $50 using TurboTax software.

Yeah I may have to go that route next year mainly for the edits the software does for you on all the math.

I was so late in getting started this year that there was no way I could have even had time to figure out how to use any type of online software.

I barely had time to find the right forms to print off. LOL

Thanks Linas for helping me to understand what the heck "non violent choices" means. I guess it means eating meat? Sorry sheriff joe, I want the violent stuff! LOL

Yeah, those types figure the animals are butchered violently. Ironic, isn't it on the heels of this case? On a personal level I know several vegetarians and vegans (including family members). Occasionally I will eat the same to accomodate them (and some of it is tasty), but I could never give up the rich juicy taste of meat like a good steak! Love that Jodi has had that choice forced upon her!

Yeah I may have to go that route next year mainly for the edits the software does for you on all the math.

I was so late in getting started this year that there was no way I could have even had time to figure out how to use any type of online software.

I barely had time to find the right forms to print off. LOL
I hate doing taxes! It's like pulling teeth in a way. Painful, boring, and DH and I usually fight over it. But TurboTax is very user-friendly, asks you a lot of questions and directs you to answer links if you don't know. We got it done in just a few hours, I was surprised. I like to have them done in March to decrease the stress level, and we were gone on vacation right after that anyway. The Federal copy is free, they charge $50 for your State's version of the software, but they are bundled together- if you don't need the Business version, and it's another $50 to file online, or you can still send it in by mail and save that fee. But it's very easy to file electronically, and TurboTax guides you through it all. (I know I sound like an infomercial for them), but we've used them successfully for many years and are satisfied with them.

P.S. You can also find paper-copy forms at libraries. Post offices too, I think.

Sedona,
May I ask...what is the vena cava? I never looked at the autopsy or sex photos. I just couldn't. I had no problem believing she overpowered him. I mean, one knife wound in the right place would have anyone in shock I think. But what I couldn't understand is how anyone could do all that in two minutes. I always believed a knife wound deep in his chest came first. I theorized he was showering with eyes closed and when he opened them and turned she was there plunging in the knife. She likely dreamed of all the ways she wanted him to suffer. But to have sex with him first never made sense to me. Only a psychopath could do that and that is most certainly what she is!

BBM. Not Sedona, but I worked in healthcare for several years. The Vena Cava is the major Vein running down the side of the throat that pumps the blood towards the heart. It's counter-part is the Carotid Artery. Cutting either, like when she slit his throat would lead to major blood loss, a very fast bleed out and be fatal very quickly. Jodi would have also sliced through his vocal cords so that he couldn't scream for help. Personally, I think Jodi surprised him in the shower, I don't think it was a planned, posed photo session and I think she stun gunned him first, then started stabbing. The slit throat is because he was close to escaping out his bedroom door- he was 3 feet away down the hallway when she dragged him back. She was never in the closet.

I hate doing taxes! It's like pulling teeth a way. Painful, boring, and DH and I usually fight over it. But TurboTax is very user-friendly, asks you a lot of questions and directs you to answer links if you don't know. We got it done in just a few hours, I was surprised. I like to have them done in March to decrease the stress level, and we were gone on vacation right after that anyway. The Federal copy is free, they charge $50 for your State's version of the software, but they are bundled together- if you don't need the Business version, and it's another $50 to file online, or you can still send it in by mail and save that fee. But it's very easy to file electronically, and TurboTax guides you through it all. (I know I sound like an infomercial for them), but we've used them successfully for many years and are satisfied with them.

P.S. You can also find paper-copy forms at libraries. Post offices too, I think.

Thanks so much Linask. The advice is much appreciated because I have been meaning to try out some online method of doing it and Turbo Tax was the one I have been thinking about for next year.

Its one of the oldest ones out there and so I trust it more than some others.

The last few years I had been going to HR Block and I was so disgusted as I sat there and watched the nice lady key in the numbers and I realized how easy it was. I actually corrected her quite a few times over the years. I kept thinking that I could easily do this myself if I just had the software.

Mine are typically not too complicated so this year I decided not to use HR Block and my plan was I was going to try one of the Online methods and was thinking Turbo Tax anyway. I even looked it up a couple times and almost bought it.

The only thing wrong with my plan this year was I didnt factor in that I would be procrastinating way too long. Then on Monday, I was in panic mode and had to use paper method and knocked out the Federal. Then Yesterday I knocked out the state and had it in mail today. A close call. WHEW. LOL

Thanks so much Linask. The advice is much appreciated because I have been meaning to try out some online method of doing it and Turbo Tax was the one I have been thinking about for next year.

Its one of the oldest ones out there and so I trust it more than some others.

The last few years I had been going to HR Block and I was so disgusted as I sat there and watched the nice lady key in the numbers and I realized how easy it was. I actually corrected her quite a few times over the years. I kept thinking that I could easily do this myself if I just had the software.

Mine are typically not too complicated so this year I decided not to use HR Block and my plan was I was going to try one of the Online methods and was thinking Turbo Tax anyway. I even looked it up a couple times and almost bought it.

The only thing wrong with my plan this year was I didnt factor in that I would be procrastinating way too long. Then on Monday, I was in panic mode and had to use paper method and knocked out the Federal. Then Yesterday I knocked out the state and had it in mail today. A close call. WHEW. LOL

TurboTax is usually available for sale at Costco by January. I get too stressed when we push it to April to do them. Have had to race to the post-office in the past to get them postmarked. No fun.

Another interview of JW.

Part 1

[video=youtube;BlSKDTZzwe4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlSKDTZzwe4#t=125[/video]

JW Part 2

[video=youtube;ZwiR8IiPFZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwiR8IiPFZ4[/video]

Sedona,

The superior vena cava is the large vein attached to the heart that carries the deoxygenated blood back to the heart via the right atrium into the right ventricle to go to the lungs to receive oxgyen. It is short, but very wide.

svc.png

TurboTax is usually available for sale at Costco by January. I get too stressed when we push it to April to do them. Have had to race to the post-office in the past to get them postmarked. No fun.

Yup. That was me today going to the local post office and making sure the clerk postmarked it. It was so funny because she must have done many people by the time I got there because she had the "stamper" all ready. Grabbed my letter , stamped it and threw it in the pile with others....LOL

One of the things that helps me is I always have last year's returns out and I can usually use the old returns to help guide me along.

I've learned to avoid the stupid mistakes like taking an hour or so to fill out an entire section only to get to the very bottom of it where it says......"If line 32 is not greater than Line 24, then just enter 0.00."

I now know to just skip that section and enter 0.00. LOL :)
Its the type of section where I will never have enough claimable
expenses to ever meet the criteria. I got so mad the one year
I wasted so much time and got to the bottom and it was just
a big waist of time. LOL

BBM. Not Sedona, but I worked in healthcare for several years. The Vena Cava is the major Vein running down the side of the throat that pumps the blood towards the heart. It's counter-part is the Carotid Artery. Cutting either, like when she slit his throat would lead to major blood loss, a very fast bleed out and be fatal very quickly. Jodi would have also sliced through his vocal cords so that he couldn't scream for help. Personally, I think Jodi surprised him in the shower, I don't think it was a planned, posed photo session and I think she stun gunned him first, then started stabbing. The slit throat is because he was close to escaping out his bedroom door- he was 3 feet away down the hallway when she dragged him back. She was never in the closet.

BBM Linas, I think you are referring to the jugular vein here which is along side the carotid, the jug does transition into the superior vena cava. Here is a good photo showing this.

ans7_superiorvenacava.jpg

OK, think it is time for a good belly laugh. I love this clip from Mrs. Brown's Boys on BBC. Love that Brit humor!!

[video=youtube;J8Um2gMTKN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Um2gMTKN0[/video]

BBM Linas, I think you are referring to the jugular vein here which is along side the carotid, the jug does transition into the superior vena cava. Here is a good photo showing this.

View attachment 73204
Sorry, my mistake. I stand corrected. Memory is CRS since beginning Menopause. It's true!

Let me tell you what happened a little bit ago...I made a quick run to local UPS center send off a package. No cars were there when I pulled up, I saw this small little clutch purse. Thinking some little girl lost it, I picked it up and took it inside. Told them I found it and they opened it, seeing if a name was inside. OH MY GOSH!! There was $5,000.00 dollars CA$H in it!!!! All paper clipped in $1000.00 bundles. They called the police and I give my statement to them. Sure hope whoever lost it contacts the store or the police. The police has it.

You're Awesome CJ. A lot of people out there today wouldn't have turned it in. I'm sure the owner will be truly Grateful when/if they contact police... a lot more careful too I bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288