Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #7 *J. Hunter guilty*

Wow! I can't believe how fast they wrapped up. I am feeling good about this, their only two defense witnesses weren't very compelling. I think there's overwhelming dna and other physical evidence, and Somias testimony to combat an elderly grandmother who saw someone being put in a car around the same time, not even sure if it was Jhessye. It could have been any kid on the street whose mom had to come looking for them.

And the male neighbor I don't even count his testimony, he maybe saw something, he thinks, but can't be certain and doesn't even want to be on the stand.

Wow.. I can't believe they are finished. Closing arguments already? I guess I have a case of the 2 year trial blues or something from the Arias trial. That was really quick.
I'm not sure about the witness who says she say Jhessye pulled into a car. Not everything she says rolls smooth with me.
I'm also very interested in seeing the video of the black bag being emptied from the dumpster.

I hope the monster never sees the outside of a prison cell again in her lifetime. I only wish her Mother would have also have been charged with something. Giving the other kids back to her, was a crime in itself. So many devastated lives left in the wake of Jhessye's horrible death. Sad, so very, very sad.

Looking forward to Monday and closing arguments. I have confidence in this jury.

What will the jury instructions be? Can they come back with a lessor charge, or just 1st degree?

OMG! It's over!

#1 I don't think the jury ever got to see a picture of Jhessye's little sister, so, I'm hoping they heard the prosecutor mention her attempting to get the picture into evidence. That puts the thought that they must look very much alike in their heads, even if not something in evidence.

#2 The older sister's testimony was extremely descriptive of Jhessye's physical condition at the time, and she was also reluctant to testify.

#3 Who would you believe? Someone who never saw Jhessye before or someone who lived with her every day?

It has been stated over and over that eye witness is the least reliable. I think the forensics and the Sister's testimony will seal the deal for Jerice. Oh and the neighbor who drove Jerice to the dumpster is strong supporting evidence. IMO

OMG! It's over!

#1 I don't think the jury ever got to see a picture of Jhessye's little sister, so, I'm hoping they heard the prosecutor mention her attempting to get the picture into evidence. That puts the thought that they must look very much alike in their heads, even if not something in evidence.

#2 The older sister's testimony was extremely descriptive of Jhessye's physical condition at the time, and she was also reluctant to testify.

#3 Who would you believe? Someone who never saw Jhessye before or someone who lived with her every day?

I believe everything the oldest daughter said. She did not want to tell on her Mom, not to a jury anyway, not in court in front of her mother.

The Shockley girls look enough alike to be mistaken for each other by casual observers.

Jhessye is on the right. The male said the little girl he saw had bubble hair-ties.
Jhessye's sister, at left, has them and this photo was taken 10/11 or 10/12.

I'm very much looking forward to prosecution's closing argument, I hope the media petitions the judge to allow live streaming of them and the verdict, I cannot see the harm at this point considering her reasons for not allowing it throughout the trial.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin · 48s49 seconds ago
Witness asked if the name Jhessye is familiar to him, says yes. #jericehunter

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 54s55 seconds ago
Mystery witness says he was familiar with #JhessyeShockley-says Jhessye once throw water bottle & hit witness's son #JericeHunter

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 38s39 seconds ago
Neighbor knew who Jhessye Shockley was. She hit his kid with a water bottle. #JericeHunter

Mia Garcia ‏@miagarciafox10 · 41s42 seconds ago
Protected Witness says he 1st met Jhessye Shockley when she threw a plastic water bottle at his son. Jhessye apologized #fox10phoenix

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin · 52s52 seconds ago
Defense asks if in Oct 2011 he remembers police in the area, says yes. He knew there was a little girl missing. #JericeHunter

I wonder if this is the little boy that was sitting on the couch with Jhessey when they were watching TV. :(

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin · 1m1 minute ago
Prosecutor trying to get a photo of Jhessye's sister admitted, showing it's possible witnesses mistook her for Jhessye...I'm guessing.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 40s41 seconds ago
tweets are gonna be sporadic...trying to put together my piece for 5. #JericeHunter

Wait, did they get the picture admitted then?

The father said that after a little girl threw a water bottle at his son, he asked ' what's her name?'

And a kid said "Jhessye!"

I bet it wasn't Jhessye at all, but that is what kids do when they want to place the blame somewhere else and protect their friends. And it makes me sad because I think Sweet Butterfly Princess was the bullied one, the one they all picked on and scapegoated. JMO

I'm still here with our little Butterfly Princess.

Every time I see her sweet face...I cry. This has been such an awful, sad case and I mourn for Jhessye and what she went through. I pray that the jury will make the right decision. Jerice needs to pay for what she did to Jhessye and to her other children as well. Even a life sentence seems way too short.

I'm so late in catching up. I really have to wonder if the great grandmother dreamed that she saw a child being abducted and put Jhessye's face on the child in her mind. I also can't imagine a woman that was willing to walk so far looking for Jhessye not going outside to see what all the commotion was about.

The juror questions made me feel that the jury wasn't necessarily convinced by her though.

I believe everything the oldest daughter said. She did not want to tell on her Mom, not to a jury anyway, not in court in front of her mother.

The Shockley girls look enough alike to be mistaken for each other by casual observers.

Jhessye is on the right. The male said the little girl he saw had bubble hair-ties.
Jhessye's sister, at left, has them and this photo was taken 10/11 or 10/12.

AmandaReckonwith, I would not be able to tell the difference between the two at a glance. I can hardly believe they're not the same person in those two pictures. Maybe if I saw them both facing the camera, but they're so similar in age as well. It would not be hard to confuse them.

IIRC, the picture of Jhessey's sister wasn't admitted. I could be wrong, but I know the prosecution tried to have it admitted earlier in the trial.

What would be the argument for not admitting it? It certainly impeaches, possibly, the great grandmother witness. That seems pretty legitimate imo.

If it was admitted, it will be seen by the jury in closing. Then they will no doubt discount both defense witnesses.
If I were a juror, that tesimony (of both) would be doubtful already, but the similarity in the girls would seal it.

Well, since this is a trial by bare-bones Tweets, it would likely be that the defense objected to the picture (for obvious reasons) and THAT was reported. The judge's decision is frequently left out by tweeters. That drives me crazy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back