OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

My brother brought up an interesting point the other day. Floyd was friends with guys who were master forgers. He was very good himself at assuming identities. My brother suggested FDF may have set up the mother in some way. Marry her, suggest she pass a bad check, and take the little ones.

easily , but do you remember Floyd's interview he said he was leaving and Suzanne started crying and wanted him not to leave her ..... how sad , but I don't think he planned on taking the kids , maybe he also took whatever else from Mom or Moms house , Im betting he sold the baby too.

easily , but do you remember Floyd's interview he said he was leaving and Suzanne started crying and wanted him not to leave her ..... how sad , but I don't think he planned on taking the kids , maybe he also took whatever else from Mom or Moms house , Im betting he sold the baby too.

Maybe... If Floyd set up the mom, I think it would have had to have been for the kids in some way and maybe he couldn't part with Suzanne when the time came to cut ties and give her away. I just don't see Floyd cleaning out a woman who had to kite a check for diapers.

It's all hypothetical anyway. :)

Maybe... If Floyd set up the mom, I think it would have had to have been for the kids in some way and maybe he couldn't part with Suzanne when the time came to cut ties and give her away. I just don't see Floyd cleaning out a woman who had to kite a check for diapers.

It's all hypothetical anyway. :)

yes I cant imagine there was a big pot to steal but if he really had ties with CONS he probably did set her up to take the baby boy , the others would talk too much (too old) :) Fuki Do you think that first woman on Matts blog (that Matt himself thought was factual) had any weight to it ? , I do think its connected , how do I say without offending but Floyd is a huge step down from Suzanne's Bio father and ran around in pedofile circles so to speak , so I think they are still investigating , the sister said that she was limited to what she can say per FBI, I really hope that the Family will put a follow up story out there at some point, I would love in my nosey world to know how Floyd met and latched onto Suzanne's Poor Mom, she obviously was having a hard time so it was probably not hard, but he is such a different person than first hubby I don't think he was that good at hiding his lower form of society type of behavior (trashiness for lack of a better word) ykwim

yes I cant imagine there was a big pot to steal but if he really had ties with CONS he probably did set her up to take the baby boy , the others would talk too much (too old) :) Fuki Do you think that first woman on Matts blog (that Matt himself thought was factual) had any weight to it ? , I do think its connected , how do I say without offending but Floyd is a huge step down from Suzanne's Bio father and ran around in pedofile circles so to speak , so I think they are still investigating , the sister said that she was limited to what she can say per FBI, I really hope that the Family will put a follow up story out there at some point, I would love in my nosey world to know how Floyd met and latched onto Suzanne's Poor Mom, she obviously was having a hard time so it was probably not hard, but he is such a different person than first hubby I don't think he was that good at hiding his lower form of society type of behavior (trashiness for lack of a better word) ykwim

Could you link me or summarize briefly about that first woman. I am not remembering her and I don't have time now to go hunting.

As far as a woman looking for a man, I think any kind of stability is desired, especially back in the day when men were still seen as the primary breadwinner. I have experience with that sort of thing as my mom remarried when I was in grade school. Maybe it was just because he wasn't my dad, but I didn't like him and he ended up being a not very nice man. Luckily, my mom didn't take guff and divorced pronto. But I can certainly understand why Suzanne's mom with a number of kids would seek out a stable male figure.

Hi everyone!

I went to visit Suzanne's grave again today. The headstone is the same, no changes. There were flowers on the graves surrounding hers and the grave next to hers seems to get visited a lot. People leave little toy cars on that one. But nothing for Suzanne. Ever. (except for the occasional flowers I leave) I wonder if anyone in her family wants to visit, or are even thinking of changing her headstone. I would volunteer to help them in whatever they wish to do.

RIP Suzanne Marie

Where are the comments from people upset that Sharon/Suzanne's family is being private and seemingly not acting grateful of public support or some such?

Just posted from A Beautiful Child Facebook

"Will have some news soon on an update to A Beautiful Child that will bring the story to date, and to a close."

Just posted from A Beautiful Child Facebook

"Will have some news soon on an update to A Beautiful Child that will bring the story to date, and to a close."
Oh darn, more waiting lol. It is pretty awesome that we are going to get an update at all as I am sure the whole situation has been very hard on her biological family.

So sad that this bright light of a woman's life was laid to waste for lack of attention and common sense. What a deplorable disgusting and senseless situation that could have had so many other more productive and meaningful outcome!

No one looked out for this woman - not her family, not a single government agency, not even her "friends" who surely must have sensed that something was not quite right. (Well, maybe just one of her friends.)

She lived and died so quickly; with so much more to do and be!

So sad.

I'm happy that her "case" is solved. For her. But for no one else. The silence from her family from beginning to end is astounding.

What rock was this family living under? I will bite my tongue. Unbelievable.

Since we don't know their story.....we can't assume anything

This case haunts me because I feel like I almost followed Floyd and Sharon/Suzanne around. I grew up mostly in Ft. Worth, Texas; where Floyd had family. In 1984, I moved to Forest Park, Georgia. The next year we moved to Oklahoma City. I moved around a bunch more, but eventually came back to the OKC area. My best friend's children attended the same elementary where Michael was abducted, although years later. It is odd coincidences, but eerie to me.
When we were in Georgia we lived in an apartment complex. I was home sick from school and a girl from the complex came to the door. I knew the girl's face from around the complex, but I didn't know her well, and I either didn't know her name, or I have forgotten. She was a little older then I was. She practically begged me to let her in to use the phone. She was obviously scared and trying to get away from someone. I shut the door in that girl's face. I was 12 and my parents had taught me to never let anyone in when they weren't home. I always felt guilty about that. It was just one of those moments you regret in life. Why didn't I at least offer to make a phone call for the girl?
Years later I read about the Sharon Marshall story and wondered.... The odds that the girl in trouble was Suzanne are tiny. It does make me wonder though, how many people had a chance to save her? How often was the door closed in her face literally or figuratively. What happened to the girl who knocked on my door that day?
I'm not saying I should have let some girl I barely knew in the house when I was alone. I would have a heart attack if my kids didn't that. However, maybe I should have called the police or at least told my mother what happened. How do we teach kids, and even adults, to offer help but stay safe at the same time? How do we become more aware so men like Floyd can't hide their victims in plain sight?
Also, if anyone can confirm for me that Suzanne and Floyd didn't move to Georgia until the next year, when she graduated from Forest Park High School, I would feel better.

This case haunts me because I feel like I almost followed Floyd and Sharon/Suzanne around. I grew up mostly in Ft. Worth, Texas; where Floyd had family. In 1984, I moved to Forest Park, Georgia. The next year we moved to Oklahoma City. I moved around a bunch more, but eventually came back to the OKC area. My best friend's children attended the same elementary where Michael was abducted, although years later. It is odd coincidences, but eerie to me.
When we were in Georgia we lived in an apartment complex. I was home sick from school and a girl from the complex came to the door. I knew the girl's face from around the complex, but I didn't know her well, and I either didn't know her name, or I have forgotten. She was a little older then I was. She practically begged me to let her in to use the phone. She was obviously scared and trying to get away from someone. I shut the door in that girl's face. I was 12 and my parents had taught me to never let anyone in when they weren't home. I always felt guilty about that. It was just one of those moments you regret in life. Why didn't I at least offer to make a phone call for the girl?
Years later I read about the Sharon Marshall story and wondered.... The odds that the girl in trouble was Suzanne are tiny. It does make me wonder though, how many people had a chance to save her? How often was the door closed in her face literally or figuratively. What happened to the girl who knocked on my door that day?
I'm not saying I should have let some girl I barely knew in the house when I was alone. I would have a heart attack if my kids didn't that. However, maybe I should have called the police or at least told my mother what happened. How do we teach kids, and even adults, to offer help but stay safe at the same time? How do we become more aware so men like Floyd can't hide their victims in plain sight?
Also, if anyone can confirm for me that Suzanne and Floyd didn't move to Georgia until the next year, when she graduated from Forest Park High School, I would feel better.

I cannot help you with the timeline but I can offer empathy.

Recently, my husband and I were discussing high school and got around to talking about a girl a friend of ours liked back in the day. She was not interested in him because she had a crush on the teacher and said things that implied they were having an affair. It was a big rumor going around the school, at least with the kids. I never knew if it made it to the teachers. It never ever occurred to me that I should mention this rumor to my parents or any of the adults at the school. All the girls did was act catty and hum a few bars of "Don't Stand So Close to Me." I don't know if anything was going on but in my mind at the time I was sure there was. He could have been preying on a young girl in few view of the school. If if there wasn't anything to the rumors, the teacher certainly would have benefited from someone telling him to modify his behavior so as to not solicit rumors.

I told my daughter later that day if she heard any rumors about any kids and teachers to tell me or my husband right away so we can do something.

As to answer your question: teach your kids to call police if they see someone in trouble or something strange. If your parents had told you to call the police if someone comes to the door and looks like their in trouble, you probably would have. But your only instruction was to not let anyone in.

When learning first aid, your first instruction is to assess the situation -- look around and determine that you are safe before you do anything else. You don't walk up to car that has hit a power line, for example, as you could get electorcuted. It's a good procedure to follow for anything, not just first aid. In certain situations -- like a fight -- the best thing to do is walk away and make a phone call where others can't see you. Calling the cops in front of a group of people about to go at could make you a target. Other times you should actively help someone.

We all do things (Or don't do things) that we regret. The best thing we can do is make it a life lesson and a reason to strive to do better.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2015/august/cold-case-investigation/cold-case-investigation

Matt posted this today. Really, crimes between Dallas and OKC should be looked at more closely, as that is a very common route to travel! When I lived in OKC we went to Dallas at least once a month! Now that I live in Dallas, I go to OKC often! The Melissa highsmith case comes into mind. I know she lived in Ft. Worth, but there really is no difference ( its all mashed together)

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2015/august/cold-case-investigation/cold-case-investigation

Matt posted this today. Really, crimes between Dallas and OKC should be looked at more closely, as that is a very common route to travel! When I lived in OKC we went to Dallas at least once a month! Now that I live in Dallas, I go to OKC often! The Melissa highsmith case comes into mind. I know she lived in Ft. Worth, but there really is no difference ( its all mashed together)

This was posted in another thread and I made mention that there is no mention of Suzanne's brother in the article. Anyone know why?

This was posted in another thread and I made mention that there is no mention of Suzanne's brother in the article. Anyone know why?

also Matt had said the authorities in NC dropped the ball, but FBI says she was arrested in Dallas ???? wow he just went 1 state over , that just trips me out .....I still think the Janet Carter thing is related, might very well why they left the smokey mtn area

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79
Back