AZ - Twin Toddlers Die As Mom Swats Bee

I can see why people might be suspicious. But police already closed the case.

I found the story to be strange enough to be skeptical, but the case is closed so that is that.

My condolences to the family.

If you have ever had a larger stroller they can move quickly.

I find this to be a tragic and horrible event.

her fear of being stung by a bee trumped any maternal instinct

I don't think that's fair.
Perhaps her maternal instinct is what caused her to react that way?
What if the twins father is allergic to bees?

I was very paranoid about my daughter being stung because her Dad and I are both allergic.
She has made it 11 years without being stung... but I'm still paranoid.
My other daughter was stung twice at 9 months old because my MIL swatted a bee while holding her.

There have been people who have crashed their cars because a spider was in it.
Yet, others manage to pull over when a snake comes out of the dashboard.
Everyone reacts differently in situations.

Like I said, a tether on the Mom's wrist would have prevented this situation.
When jogging near water, or roads, or anywhere the stroller could escape...
Being tethered is a very good and cost effective ($10) idea. :twocents:

I think it is far more practical to ask companies to start selling tethers WITH all strollers...
Rather than asking that strollers to be made to float. (Comments on articles.) :facepalm:

I don't personally use a stroller, I wear my babies. But I don't have twins either. :twocents:

I can see why people might be suspicious. But police already closed the case.

Believe me, when I posted my comments above, I greatly considered what the family if going thru and to have people suspect them of something would be such a horrible thing. Especially in the world of the internet that we live in. i imagine that the mother is overcome with guilt and so many more emotions. my heart goes out to them. Looking at the pics of the parents with the kids, they look like an dream come true - twin boys, what a joy!! And then to lose them in such a tragic way is unimaginable.

But on top of all that, to be suspected of some wrongdoing by strangers would be horrible, especially knowing how cruel some people can be when hiding behind a computer screen. And I have seen some really cruel accusations (on other sites) so this is why I wanted to understand it better so if I see that, I can present the facts and hopefully put a stop to that or at least to educate others on the actual facts and not just the sensational headline.

So i am in no way making any accusations. i am simply trying to understand how this happened. Because some people saw a paved path but I saw dirt and rocks in another video. I understand it being a closed case but I wish the facts or a reconstruction of the accident had been presented better so that people understand what happened so that it can be prevented from ever happening again.

ETA: I fully support MsF's suggestion that all strollers come with tethers. Many families establish foundations when a loved one dies tragically. Perhaps the family (when they are able to) can use the publicity and the unique double tragedy to bring awareness to this issue. Perhaps they could even partner with a manufacturer to create a campaign to educate others and equip them with the tether.

Believe me, when I posted my comments above, I greatly considered what the family if going thru and to have people suspect them of something would be such a horrible thing. Especially in the world of the internet that we live in. i imagine that the mother is overcome with guilt and so many more emotions. my heart goes out to them. Looking at the pics of the parents with the kids, they look like an dream come true - twin boys, what a joy!! And then to lose them in such a tragic way is unimaginable.

But on top of all that, to be suspected of some wrongdoing by strangers would be horrible, especially knowing how cruel some people can be when hiding behind a computer screen. And I have seen some really cruel accusations (on other sites) so this is why I wanted to understand it better so if I see that, I can present the facts and hopefully put a stop to that or at least to educate others on the actual facts and not just the sensational headline.

So i am in no way making any accusations. i am simply trying to understand how this happened. Because some people saw a paved path but I saw dirt and rocks in another video. I understand it being a closed case but I wish the facts or a reconstruction of the accident had been presented better so that people understand what happened so that it can be prevented from ever happening again.

I hope I am wrong. But really, I think something there ain't right.

The whole story sounds sketchy and very much like another case that I was fired upon for mentioning. So I removed the post. But I stand by my comparison. Just not here....

Poor baby boys.

Because some people saw a paved path but I saw dirt and rocks in another video. I understand it being a closed case but I wish the facts or a reconstruction of the accident had been presented better so that people understand what happened so that it can be prevented from ever happening again.

The video in the original link has been changed. This is the video I saw when I said "paved path". Looking at it again, it is not paved but it is quite wide and flat, at least the section the reporter was standing on. See 50 second mark:

[video=youtu;3sHG1cV-c-w]http://youtu.be/3sHG1cV-c-w?t=53s[/video]

I was told by my current pediatrician that allergies to food and drugs and insect reactions have no known genetic basis.

I was told by my current pediatrician that allergies to food and drugs and insect reactions have no known genetic basis.

Allergies run in families.
If a parent has allergies, kids are more likely to have allergies.
They may not be the SAME allergies, no.
However... families are prone to allergies. Just like auto immune disorders.
I know dozens of families were several members have allergies.

I know one family of 6 where no one has the same allergy but they have at least 10 between them.
Some "normal" like peanuts and some more unusual like kiwi.

My family is an allergy family... We also have several intolerances and allergies to medications.
I don't know if that is the case here. Maybe police are stupid and this woman murdered her twins.
I just wanted to point out that her reaction doesn't mean she has no maternal instincts.
There are alternative explanations for her behavior. :twocents:

It is the dirt path that puzzles me. Behind the reporter (around the .50 mark in the video) there is a large metal pipe gate with sign "road closed". I wonder if it was always closed or whether it was usually open so people could use that path.

To me, jogging on a that dirt path with rock areas makes no sense. Dirt paths, especially one with soft loose dirt that is not hard-packed and cause the stroller to be harder to push, it can be dusty and a rock can make the stroller tip or trip. It is hardly an idea spot to jog with a twin stroller contain who are not small infants which makes the stroller twice as heavy and hard to push.

I'm just struggling to understand confirmation of whether she was on a paved pat, a dirt one, one that was open for public use or onr that was "road closed", etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back