Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #7 *J. Hunter guilty*

Man you guys. ..this is making me nervous. We've seen AZ juries acquit in similar cases such as Baby Gabriel where there was an actual confession.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what sentence she could get if they only convict on the child abuse?

Nothing. She has to be found guilty of Type 1 child abuse to be found guilty of Murder 1. The 2 are tied together so to speak.

Well lets hope Justice will be served tomorrow. Hang in their butterfly :rose:

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 25m25 minutes ago
State v Jerice Hunter: The jury has gone home for the day. They will return tomorrow to continue deliberations.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 20m20 minutes ago
#JericeHunter jury's done for the day. I seriously didn't' think it would take this long. I had money on before lunch today.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 34m34 minutes ago
No #JericeHunter verdict today..wow. Are you surprised?
----

Yeah, I'm surprised, and no jury questions, either.

William Pitts retweeted
Jason Lamm ‏@PhxCriminalAtty · 27m27 minutes ago
No verdict yet in #JericeHunter case likely means jurors are having difficult on causation - not shocking when there is no body.

Is Jason Lamm a Defense Atty? All the Jury needs to find is Child Abuse Type 1 and Murder 1 is automatic. I think at this point the Jury is going over everything presented at Trial. The evidence of abuse is there. IMO

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 10m10 minutes ago
By my calculations, jurors have been deliberating for almost 8 hours. They will be back at it tomorrow at 1:30 pm. #JericeHunter

Is Jason Lamm a Defense Atty? All the Jury needs to find is Child Abuse Type 1 and Murder 1 is automatic. I think at this point the Jury is going over everything presented at Trial. The evidence of abuse is there. IMO

BBM

According to his twitter page, yes:

"The Best Offense is a Really Good Criminal Defense Attorney"

https://twitter.com/PhxCriminalAtty

I'm still optimistic.

Tomorrow's gonna be the day. Verdict on Thursday, that's my call.

Jury gets Friday off, weekend opens up, then life resumes as normal.

Please let it be guilty.

Oh man..................I just checked in to hopefully see a verdict and see that the jury has gone home...........I just knew they would come to a verdict today.

I am not worried about no verdict-yet. But it does concern me that they have no questions.

I am not worried about no verdict-yet. But it does concern me that they have no questions.

I agree. How many total hrs of delib so far? Not every jury works the same way, but when I sat, whatever the debate centered on was followed up by jury questions. Unfortunately, we were told to refer to the "instructions" which can be hard to follow for due to legal jargon.

Yesterday was short (if IRC). You're not really allowed to discuss the case among each other until deliberations begin. Just speaking up seemed weird in the beginning. Maybe today they're just formulating ideas, opinions, debate.

This verdict watch must be agony for Lisa Vance and her family.....

Jhessy waiting for justice.jpg

From her families FB page. They have kindly given permission for us to share these images.

We are waiting for justice and the waiting can be so hard but this is the hopefully the last hurdle in our long wait. The verdict will finally be here and I have a feeling that there will finally be justice for Jhessye and for those who raided her with such exquisite and loving care. They say it takes a village to raise a child and Jhessye's family formed a loving village of family members who loved and contributed to the raising of Jhessye. As the many pictures show, she was loved so very much by so many people and was indeed their little princess. This pics of Jhessye say a million words about how much this little girl was loved.

Also i wanted to once again post the link to light a candle for Jhessye and her family. It is easy to click this link, choose a candle, add a message and initials (and name and state location if you wish). Jhessye's family lights candles there for them to see so many candle coming from people all over lets them know who much support they have from all over the world.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=JJS

Click on the link to light a virtual candle and to send a message that Jhessye's loved ones can see how many people care. Jhessye's family who raised her also light candles here and see the candles and the messages. Your support there today could help give them the strength and faith they need at a time like this. Thanks so much.

Kind of restless tonight. I have to be out of town the next two days but I'll check in every chance I get.

Bringing this forward. Thanks, Swampmama, for posting it. Justice for our sweet princess!

Oops! Posted at the same time. I think I owe you a coke!

Thanks to all that are keeping us informed.

I don't post much but of all the cases this is one of the most heartbreaking. Jhessye is frequently on my mind and heart this week.

View attachment 73580

From her families FB page. They have kindly given permission for us to share these images.

We are waiting for justice and the waiting can be so hard but this is the hopefully the last hurdle in our long wait. The verdict will finally be here and I have a feeling that there will finally be justice for Jhessye and for those who raided her with such exquisite and loving care. They say it takes a village to raise a child and Jhessye's family formed a loving village of family members who loved and contributed to the raising of Jhessye. As the many pictures show, she was loved so very much by so many people and was indeed their little princess. This pics of Jhessye say a million words about how much this little girl was loved.

Also i wanted to once again post the link to light a candle for Jhessye and her family. It is easy to click this link, choose a candle, add a message and initials (and name and state location if you wish). Jhessye's family lights candles there for them to see so many candle coming from people all over lets them know who much support they have from all over the world.

Mkay, I fell kind of stupid, but how do I add my message once I click a candle?

Mkay, I fell kind of stupid, but how do I add my message once I click a candle?

Hmmm, it should bring up some boxes for you to type in after you click on an unlit candle on Jhessye's page -- takes you through a series of two or three pages. Finally it will return you to the page with her candles and you can see the one you lit burning there.

Thanks, that was my first candle. Didn't realize I had to click the unlit one.

I had a hundred reasons for clicking the other lighted one. Haha, you learn something new everyday, they say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back