MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Mr. Gray doing when the police became suspicious of him? Was he standing, was he walking, I heard he was with another man, but I don't know if that is true? Was he committing a crime?

He saw police and took off running.

So, the video that shows the cops and the guy and the two bicycles is NOT the location where they initially 'caught' him. It was nearby and they dragged him to that spot. - CNN

I'm glad that you posted this. Very early on, when they were showing street view video's of the location, I was noticing bar like fence further down the sidewalk where the actual video of Mr. Gray was on the ground with the police holding him down. I kept thinking of that bar type fence..its just at the other end of the building where the video starts. MY own Speculation here.. I'm wondering if some way he ended up on that bar. Then he was dragged to the place we see the video start.

This was shown at the very very beginning when this started hitting the news and was only mentioned once.

Recently my cousin was in a wreck, hit from behind by another driver. My cousin was sitting still at a red light. The impact was so hard, that the seatbelt my cousin was wearing didn't protect him and his throat hit the steering wheel. He could talk, he could walk...shortly after, he was having trouble breathing, then spitting up blood, there.. yes indeed a fracture. Immediate surgery.

I'm thinking the initial injury of Mr. Gray happened during the "chase" before the witness video started.

I also think that him dragging that right leg, is an apparent view of the injury expounding, and being put in the van, taken out to add leg irons, the ride itself further complicated the injury.

Him not being able to breath initially wanting his inhaler further makes me believe this.

I can't believe people can look at the video and think he's faking the injuries. Pretty convenient that he is accused by a few of "faking" to "put on a show" and then turns up actually injured in the same manner in which he was "faking".

Maybe it turns out he wasn't faking before being thrown in the van??? Can we stop implying he was faking to put on a show now???

I am glad that they finally decided to let Mr. Grey's family have his body. Maybe then we will see what their private autopsy says.

Maybe a possible solution could be to employ police medics that will access people being detained and they make the decision to seek further treatment. I don't know, but I like the idea of medics on the police force.

Blessings to all involved.

I like this idea. I wonder how much it would cost to employ former "combat medics" for example as uniformed officers with medical experience on each shift. Then, if a suspect appears to have injury, they can call one of these officers in. That way, it doesn't put EMTs at risk if the suspect IS faking...

I dunno. It seems like it would take a while to implement and be kind of costly, but if it saves taxpayers having to pay families when a suspect is injured or dies in police custody, it may be worth looking into. (Families definitely deserve compensation if a person dies in custody and it could have been prevented, NO doubt about that!)

Freddie Gray's spinal injury suggests 'forceful trauma,' doctors say

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-gray-injuries-20150420-story.html

Sounds like it takes severe trauma to do that much damage to his voice box and spine.

Medical experts said it takes powerful blunt force, and often damage to the vertebrae that surround the spinal cord, to tear or sever it.

"You have to apply a significant amount of force in order to break somebody's neck," said Dr. Ali Bydon, an associate professor of neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

How do you crush your voice box and sever your spinal cord just by falling off the passenger seat of a van? You don't.

I can't believe people can look at the video and think he's faking the injuries. Pretty convenient that he is accused by a few of "faking" to "put on a show" and then turns up actually injured in the same manner in which he was "faking".

Maybe it turns out he wasn't faking before being thrown in the van??? Can we stop implying he was faking to put on a show now???

Hi, thanks for bringing this up. I personally do not believe Mr Gray was faking, and never want to imply he was faking. He sounded very much in pain when I watched/heard the video released.

I do wonder if LE thought he was faking. Or, exaggerating his situation. That is the only reason I can think of for LE not calling medics in sooner.

Just trying to understand what actually happened, and, paying attention to a proper investigation of the event.
To me, that would be most important, a proper investigation.

I don't think he was faking either. I think his vertebrae was fractured during an arrest, and then in a van the fractured vertebrae damaged his spinal cord.
But police could very well have believed he was faking. A lot of people probably do.

Sounds like it takes severe trauma to do that much damage to his voice box and spine.

How do you crush your voice box and sever your spinal cord just by falling off the passenger seat of a van? You don't.

You could crush your spinal card by falling forward. I already posted on this thread, there was recently an Indian fella arrested for walking around his neighborhood. During an arrest he was pushed forward. He ended up partially paralyzed.
If you fall forward but your head/neck jerks backward, you can damage your spinal cord.

I don't think he is faking either. He looks injured to me. The way his body is kind of curled up and clinched can be a sign of trauma.
I don't think the police knew he was seriously injured and then hurt him more, but I think they thought he was exaggerating and so they ignored it.
IMO, I don't know if they caused the injury but I think they should have rendered aid as soon as he said he was hurt.

Good God!!! Stop the madness, watching CNN and protesters are throwing objects at LE... That is NOT Standing up for Freddie Gray!!!!

Peaceful Protests, even being angry, but throwing things at LE, everyone doing so should be arrested!!

I hope they stop this before it gets out of hand.

Batts: ‘The Officers That I Saw There Were Not Out Of Control’

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...ers-that-i-saw-there-were-not-out-of-control/

Bubala: “What happened in that van? Do you have any better idea about exactly what happened?

Batts: “The second prisoner who was picked up is that he didn’t see any harm done to Freddie at all. What he has said is that he heard Freddie thrashing about. The driver didn’t drive erratically, wasn’t slamming on breaks wasn’t turning corners fast or in an irrational way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member