GUILTY LA - David, 56, & Nicholas Pence, 25, murdered in their Metairie home, 22 April 2015

Reading the article.....from links posted here.

Nicholas or P. Z. as his friends called him...
Was hanging out with "friends" after a flag football game. They were hanging out in the garage/mancave.
Article says nothing about when the other friends left.
Then Chris Myers and one other friend who was still there left around ?? arriving home about 11:45.
The other friend goes back to get his inhaler....in the garage that sits toward the back of the driveway.

Mom is in the bedroom, she hears the gunshots and breaking glass... I'm wondering if she might have been dozing off, watching a little tv. I do that here at home...maybe she wasn't quite sure of the first shot, if she really heard it. Then the rest came after that. I'm not sure about my dh's shotgun, I know it holds multiple shots. He has to first pump to get the first shot ready, not sure if he has to contiually pump for each shot. I have never shot it.

Just thinking, wondering, dad might be asleep in his chair and the son is shot first. Then dad. Then shots just keep coming.

Neighbors heard nothing. Friend who came back saw nothing, heard nothing. So it seems to me we are talking of a span of time of around 5 mins.
Nothing is stolen?
Did the person who tried to take the bicycle, the woman's purse outside the vehicle think he had been seen? Stopping his robberies in progress.
Is Chris Myers sure of the time he went home?
Was one of the other friends waiting around in the dark.
Did something happen at the flag football game?

11:45-11:53

So many questions....

One was shot 3 times, one was shot twice. I would say overkill, since shotguns cause a lot of damage when shot at close range.

I am usually skeptical when only one member of a family is left alive in cases like this. But in this instance, I do believe that it might have been a random shooter. Sadly, there are roving psychos that pop up occasionally and do this kind of evil damage and then disappear.

True. But they must have been a good shot as distance would have been a little farther and 5 shots hit their target.

Also shooting from outside the shots should have been more audible to neighbors.

I can hit a smaller moving target at 30 yards, this was probably twenty feet or less.

Whether the shooting happened indoors or out, I find it hard to believe none of the neighbors heard it. Shotguns are loud. I can hear a shotgun go off a half mile away with my doors and windows closed and the furnace running.

If it was a 6 or 8 shot, semi automatic, it could fire five shots in the time you can say boom boom boom boom boom. You don't have to eject spent load, reload or *advertiser censored* it. Just pull the trigger five times.

Has it been said there were only 5 shots or that they were only shot five times? I'm guessing they just started blasting away from the father to the son (or vise versa) and maybe that's how the glass was broken.

Murderers most generally do not, totally unbeknownst to you, show up and shoot you in your home.

If it was a 6 or 8 shot, semi automatic, it could fire five shots in the time you can say boom boom boom boom boom. You don't have to eject spent load, reload or *advertiser censored* it. Just pull the trigger five times.

Has it been said there were only 5 shots or that they were only shot five times? I'm guessing they just started blasting away from the father to the son (or vise versa) and maybe that's how the glass was broken.

The son was shot in the head and chest. The father was shot in the side of the head and I think a leg and abdomen maybe. So I am thinking the son was shot first, then maybe the father became a moving target...... since some of his injuries were less centered?

I was just talking to my husband about this, and he said yeah, you can get 5 shots off in 5 seconds with automatic shotguns.

The son was shot in the head and chest. The father was shot in the side of the head and I think a leg and abdomen maybe. So I am thinking the son was shot first, then maybe the father became a moving target...... since some of his injuries were less centered?

Dad was found in a chair. Son was found on the floor. Dad was shot in the side of the head. Son was shot in the face. I'm assuming those were the first shots?

I thought of an automatic shotgun too. But them I imagined trying to aim and hit something that fast. Then I thought that it might be a challange. Although it would't be impossible.

Elizabeth Pence, David's wife and Nicholas's mother, discovered the men lying wounded in the living room of their home in the 3700 block of Clifford Drive in Metairie, and called 911 at about 11:53 p.m., authorities said.

She told investigators she was in her bedroom but came out after hearing the sound of breaking glass and gunshots.

Nicholas Pence handily won a game of Monopoly on the night he was killed, Olsen said. Chris Meyer and another friend were the last to see him alive. They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

The friend returned to the Pence's garage to retrieve an inhaler that he'd left behind. But he didn't see anything amiss at the house, according to Chris Meyer.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...l#incart_river

So we're looking at an eight minute window minus the time it took for the friend to return for inhaler and leave. Was he/she walking or driving? How long did it take? What's left of the eight minute window?

The coroner answered the question I was going to ask.
I was wondering if shotgun murders were common in the area.
Strange case indeed.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...l#incart_river

So we're looking at an eight minute window minus the time it took for the friend to return for inhaler and leave. Was he/she walking or driving? How long did it take? What's left of the eight minute window?

So it doesn't say what time They left. For all we know it could have be an hour. What he said was he didn't see anything amiss in the 8 minute window of time. they could have already been shot long before that. That would mean the mother is lying.

So it doesn't say what time They left. For all we know it could have be an hour. What he said was he didn't see anything amiss in the 8 minute window of time. they could have already been shot long before that. That would mean the mother is lying.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/12198732-148/double-murder-astounds-metairie-neighborhood

The younger Pence’s friend, 25-year-old Chris Meyer, said he was in the garage just minutes before the murder with another friend. Meyer said he didn’t notice anything unusual about Pence that evening.

Soignet described the relationship between Beth and David, an IT professional at the New Orleans firm Baker Hughes, as close and warm. The two would attend neighborhood Halloween parties in joint costumes. He liked to have fun and so did she: Tailgating before Saints games at the family’s traditional spot near the Claiborne Expressway, she would remind everyone to take their ceremonial shot.

“They were a perfect couple together,” Soignet said. “They were like two teenagers.”

Often, Soignet and David Pence would just hang out together: talking about the latter’s beloved Mustang convertible, or which Frank Zappa song was their favorite; sharing a pack of cigars at a backyard barbecue; or getting ready with the men of the Krewe of Thoth for Carnival.

“You’ll never find anybody that’s going to throw out a bad word on them, and if somebody does, they don’t have their story right,” Soignet said. “This had to be a random act. It had to be.”

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/12198732-148/double-murder-astounds-metairie-neighborhood

**Also, a clear picture of the side of the house and what looks like the "mancave" in the back**

A neighbor who did not want to give her name for fear of retaliation said the house had more activity, more strangers visiting, than others on the block.

"You'd always see people walking in and out of the house all the time," she said. "There's a possibility it wasn't a random thing."

But others said they thought this was not possible. "They were a very nice family. There was never anything going on," said a neighbor who did not want to give her name. "They're all good kids." The only foot traffic in and out of the house, she said, would have been Nick Pence's "grammar and high-school friends hanging out. But it's not like there were parties. That was never the case."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/metairie_double_homicide_neigh.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back