PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she could have had guilty knowledge of harm coming to him and still be telling the truth about the 11 AM phone call and not knowing where his body was/ is. I said that I don't think she killed him, but it could have been a hired hit. There are his cell phone records for the last phone call as well. That's a very softball line of questioning, IMO.

My understanding was that both PEF's and LG's polygraphs were intense. I don't think that either murdered RFG, partly for the reasons Trackergd mentioned.

In a one actor scenario, they would have had to lure RG to "somewhere", kill him, disposed of the computer and hard drive leaving the mini in Lewisburg and then dispose of the body elsewhere and not leave one bit of forensic evidence, drop of blood...anything. That is a lot for one person to manage...a real professional. What case would rise to the level of having a professional hit...or at least someone with extensive knowledge on how to perform such an act? I can buy a team doing this, but not one person, and I don't see any significant event that would justify bring in that level of resource to take RG out of the picture. That would be at least a million dollar hit, and the mob generally leaves a body as a warning to others. It would have to be a private contractor or "a" government entity not to leave a body.

I believe a physically fit male with a law enforcement background could possibly make it happen. His chances of success would increase significantly if RFG knew and trusted him. It's a stretch. However, it's more realistic than a professional hit man, IMO.

I believe a physically fit male with a law enforcement background could possibly make it happen. His chances of success would increase significantly if RFG knew and trusted him. It's a stretch. However, it's more realistic than a professional hit man, IMO.

The problem is the law enforcement officer, or nearly anyone else, getting him into Lewisburg for a clandestine meeting.

What bothers me about foul play is that anyone wishing to "take out" RG would have to know he was going somewhere (Lewisburg for those who agree with PSP and "somewhere else" for those who have their own agenda), followed him and had an elaborate plan in place to abduct him, took the car and dumped it in Lewisburg, dumped the computer and hard drive in the river and left no evidence or body. It would have taken a lot of planning and money and more than one actor. I only see one possible connection that has that amount of resources, but am not willing at this point to say they would have gone to this extent.

List your top 5 pieces of evidence that he was even in Lewisburg.

List your top 5 pieces of evidence that he was even in Lewisburg.

I shall:

1. The Mini was in Lewisburg.

2. Witnesses saw RFG driving the Mini in Lewisburg, including where it was found.

3. RFG's scent was detected in the parking lot where the witnesses saw him driving the Mini and where the Mini was found.

4. His DNA was found in the water bottle in the Mini.

4. The laptop was found in Lewisburg.

5. A witness reported seeing him with a laptop in Lewisburg in the Mini.

6. While it has not been released, the Centre Hall witness saw the Mini, with RFG in it, tuning at a time when it would have reached the Packwood House at the time it was spotted.

7. Some witnesses reported RFG in Lewisburg at times/locations that corroborate the other witnesses.

A. While not proof he reached to Lewisburg, getting the map to Lewisburg on his office computer indicates his intent to go there.

B. While not proof he reached Lewisburg, the cell call indicates he was going in that direction.

A. While not proof he reached to Lewisburg, getting the map to Lewisburg on his office computer indicates his intent to go there.

That map still bothers me. Why did he need to print a map? He surely knew how to get there.

Reasons why he might print the map (and not bring it with him):

- to fax to someone who was going to meet him there and who was not familiar with that area
- to add up the mileage for an expense report
- to provide a clue as to where he was going in case something happened to him

Any other possibilities?

This case has troubled me since it occurred. When I 1st learned of it, my thoughts were: A prestigious DA does not just "walk away".

Could the bottle of water containing Gicar's DNA have been in his car overnight and not freshly purchased? At some point, someone sat in the Mini's driver's seat, smoking, and perhaps wore gloves. I do not believe Ray was in the Mini at that time. Someone else had already taken Ray away.

Not any reason for Ray Gicar to go to Lewisburg with his computer unless he needed it with him while in Lewisburg. The day before he had gone to an odd location near water. It's possible he was looking there for a secure place to drop the computer and hard drive.

How much Penn State info had he garnered up to this point? Had he been warned not to go any further with the investigation that became the destruction JMO of Lou Paterno and the now Convicted Jerry Sandusky at Penn State?

JHMO

That map still bothers me. Why did he need to print a map? He surely knew how to get there.

- to fax to someone who was going to meet him there and who was not familiar with that area

Any other possibilities?

There is suggestion that he printed the map, only that he searched it out. He could have wanted to check the mileage for reimbursement, but this wasn't suppose to be anything official. Further, it was out of his jurisdiction.

As a clue, why not leave it on his desk? This was in his search history. Someone would have go into his (locked?) office and then turned on his password protected computer, and then checked the search history, to find it.

One theory I have is that he was checking the time or mileage for someone else. RFG was known to to be a fast driver. If he was giving instructions to someone that didn't drive as fast, he could have checked the time for him.her. It might be when the person would have to leave to be "on time" in Lewisburg.

Respectfully snipped.

Could the bottle of water containing Gicar's DNA have been in his car overnight and not freshly purchased? At some point, someone sat in the Mini's driver's seat, smoking, and perhaps wore gloves. I do not believe Ray was in the Mini at that time. Someone else had already taken Ray away.

It is possible, but no killed could have known for sure that his DNA was in the water.

Not any reason for Ray Gicar to go to Lewisburg with his computer unless he needed it with him while in Lewisburg. The day before he had gone to an odd location near water. It's possible he was looking there for a secure place to drop the computer and hard drive.

He had talked to people about losing the data on the laptop, a year or more before he disappeared. It might have been unrelated.

BTW, he didn't have that laptop during the 1998 investigation of Sandusky.

Any other possibilities?

No map was printed........

Any other possibilities?

There was also no indication exactly who did the search for directions and more importantly when the the search for directions done. Keep in mind several coworkers had access and his password to log in.

There was also no indication exactly who did the search for directions and more importantly when the the search for directions done. Keep in mind several coworkers had access and his password to log in.

I am not sure that any coworker had his password or access to his individual office. The computer was password protected.

Further, the police said that RFG did the searches, as per Disappeared.

I am not sure that any coworker had his password or access to his individual office. The computer was password protected.

Further, the police said that RFG did the searches, as per Disappeared.

Per Law Enforcment a coworker gave them access to Gricars computer and apparently there was more than one with entry access

Per Law Enforcment a coworker gave them access to Gricars computer and apparently there was more than one with entry access

It also could have been the county IT person, who might have general access to all county computers, but not someone who could just walk into his office. I'm not sure LE ever claimed a "coworker." Would you have a citation? JKA indicated that she didn't know.

It also could have been the county IT person, who might have general access to all county computers, but not someone who could just walk into his office. I'm not sure LE ever claimed a "coworker." Would you have a citation? JKA indicated that she didn't know.

Well, lucky for you and others I AM sure.

Well, lucky for you and others I AM sure.

Well, do you have a citation? Centre County does have IT people in all probability. There may be master "administrator" account, but again, it would not be anyone in the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie