Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched some of the interview....and I see a person who still seems conflicted, if that is possible. He was sitting on the couch like a total man, not a woman. On the other hand, his behavior was kind of odd to me (but then, I don't know him, maybe that is just him). Has he always had that cadence when he talks? Did anyone else find his mannerisms or affect kind of....odd? Bizarre or flamboyant, I don't know what to call it. Like he was trying to overcompensate on the feminine side. Did he have dental implants or something? It was like he was having difficulty speaking (like someone getting used to dentures, or something, I don't know) - like his mouth hurt, or something. I hope he will be happy with all the changes he is going through. He just seems conflicted to me, still.

For how many decades he's had to think about all of this, he sure is either unaware or unwilling to say exactly who or what he is.

If you listen to the interview, he seems to believe he's different from other transgender people. He's never been in touch with that community and other than the token "hopefully I can become part of" that community, he doesn't seem interested or motivated because he's not the same as them.

He seems very stuck on the "surface" aspect of being a woman...clothing and looks. I rolled my eyes when we dragged out the black dress with the mesh sleeves - for dinner. Ho hum, the closet is probably filled with slutty clothes and heels or ball gowns.

As far as the support the family(ies) give, what else are they to do? If they aren't public about supporting him they're called out. So there you go with the tweets and articles.

Well, whatever, and his problems in life have always been able to be fixed with money, which he has plenty of, so I wish he'd go fix himself and live his life in private like most other people do.

I have never seen THE KARDASHIANS and only know of the show because it is often mocked on THE SOUP. I have no allegiance to anyone in the family, though I certainly was a fan of Bruce Jenner in the 1970s.

I think we should give Kris Jenner (that's the mother, right?) a break. While everyone is congratulating Bruce on his courage (I cannot even imagine the guts it takes to transition when you have been an American icon for 40 years!), we should remember there is no playbook for the wives of gay or transgender men. We applaud their husbands for coming out while their wives are left with questions such as "Why didn't I know?" and "Was s/he was attracted to me because I'm not feminine enough?" and "What do I tell the children?" and "How do we refer to her now?" and "Will our children be bullied at school?", etc. and so forth.

If anyone of them wanted privacy, I'm sure they could afford to buy some.

For how many decades he's had to think about all of this, he sure is either unaware or unwilling to say exactly who or what he is.

If you listen to the interview, he seems to believe he's different from other transgender people. He's never been in touch with that community and other than the token "hopefully I can become part of" that community, he doesn't seem interested or motivated because he's not the same as them.

He seems very stuck on the "surface" aspect of being a woman...clothing and looks. I rolled my eyes when we dragged out the black dress with the mesh sleeves - for dinner. Ho hum, the closet is probably filled with slutty clothes and heels or ball gowns.

As far as the support the family(ies) give, what else are they to do? If they aren't public about supporting him they're called out. So there you go with the tweets and articles.

Well, whatever, and his problems in life have always been able to be fixed with money, which he has plenty of, so I wish he'd go fix himself and live his life in private like most other people do.

As a man, he was nearly invisible in the Kardashian family. As a woman, he figured out a way to outdo them all.

As a man, he was nearly invisible in the Kardashian family. As a woman, he figured out a way to outdo them all.

So true, like he said "I was the one with the story." No Kardashian antics can top this one.

If that's part of this, how shallow--but he fits right in with them.

Can someone explain his, "I'm not gay." comment to me? Not joking, or being snarky. I truly don't understand it. Did he say he was never attracted to men? (I can't remember). If he feels he's a woman, then after his transition is complete, which sex will he choose for his partner? If he identifies as a woman, and he has sex with women, wouldn't that make him a lesbian, and gay? And if he chooses to be with a man....I am confused. Is he going to have a sex-change operation and become, physically, a woman? Or will he keep his male parts?

I wanted to watch the whole interview, but my husband was getting agitated watching it, and asked me to change the channel. :blush:

I'm not clear either on his preference for men or women down the road.

IMO Bruce is not trying to "outdo" anyone. He has been struggling with this issue for many, many years. Evident by his 2 ex wives who were aware of his struggle which led to his marriages ending. I look forward to his Documentary of his journey. He is bringing awareness to this issue and I for one am quite interested in the process.

IMO Bruce is not trying to "outdo" anyone. He has been struggling with this issue for many, many years. Evident by his 2 ex wives who were aware of his struggle which led to his marriages ending. I look forward to his Documentary of his journey. He is bringing awareness to this issue and I for one am quite interested in the process.

I find it kind of hard to believe that someone isn't interested in publicity if they are planning for their own reality show, but maybe it's just me.
Would anybody watch a reality TV show featuring Bruce Jenner if he wasn't transitioning?

Can someone explain his, "I'm not gay." comment to me? Not joking, or being snarky. I truly don't understand it. Did he say he was never attracted to men? (I can't remember). If he feels he's a woman, then after his transition is complete, which sex will he choose for his partner? If he identifies as a woman, and he has sex with women, wouldn't that make him a lesbian, and gay? And if he chooses to be with a man....I am confused. Is he going to have a sex-change operation and become, physically, a woman? Or will he keep his male parts?

I wanted to watch the whole interview, but my husband was getting agitated watching it, and asked me to change the channel. :blush:

Seems like he still thinks of himself as a man, at least in part. He is attracted to females. If he thought of himself as female, being attracted to females would then make her gay (by definition).

From what I understand Bruce's show will deal with the transformation. Not a reality show per say. I think it will serve the public well if he can come forward and enlighten us on his and others transformation. Maybe some of the young folk who are struggling and contemplating suicide can garner some strength from him. Bruce spoke to the suicides. Educating the public is important IMO.

From what I understand Bruce's show will deal with the transformation. Not a reality show per say. I think it will serve the public well if he can come forward and enlighten us on his and others transformation. Maybe some of the young folk who are struggling and contemplating suicide can garner some strength from him. Bruce spoke to the suicides. Educating the public is important IMO.

Is it on TV? How is it not a reality TV show? Whatever the goals are, it doesn't make it not a reality TV show. There are other people with reality TV shows that say their motivation is to educate people. Its still is a reality TV show.

He said for now he's defining himself as "asexual."

I thought it was slightly amusing how he was sort of laughing when Diane asked him if he's gay or if he's attracted to men.

I have a lot of mixed feelings on the whole interview and whether he is being wholly sincere or not.

Let's see if he donates one cent of the money he makes from his documentary and attached publicity to any transgender charity, foundation, or group. I'm thinking it will all go straight into his pockets.

I watched some of the interview....and I see a person who still seems conflicted, if that is possible. He was sitting on the couch like a total man, not a woman. On the other hand, his behavior was kind of odd to me (but then, I don't know him, maybe that is just him). Has he always had that cadence when he talks? Did anyone else find his mannerisms or affect kind of....odd? Bizarre or flamboyant, I don't know what to call it. Like he was trying to overcompensate on the feminine side. Did he have dental implants or something? It was like he was having difficulty speaking (like someone getting used to dentures, or something, I don't know) - like his mouth hurt, or something. I hope he will be happy with all the changes he is going through. He just seems conflicted to me, still.

Oh_gal I agree and I noticed the same things. I thought at some points he was acting just a little bit to garner extra sympathy. I'm sorry, I know that's not a popular opinion on the social media, but I'm just saying what were my own personal impressions that I got.

He did not have those cadences (nice word) or mannerisms on what I have seen from KUWTK. So either he was completely acting in how he talked and his expressions for 50+ years, or he is acting now. I really don't get it. Suddenly now he's talking very diva-ish and almost California-girl, but yet on the show he spoke perfectly "normally."

That is why I thought after I watched it that he was almost acting at some points.

I agree with what everything you said.

I wish him the best, I just hope hope hope he is not affected by the fame and the publicity of this all.

I agree.

Let's just say my opinions after I saw the interview were vastly different from most on social media, I'm glad here at Websleuths people are allowed to have different opinions than the majority. While still respecting other opinions.

There were things that struck me. He seemed so confident and almost arrogant at times, but yet on the inside he has this inner struggle (which yes I do believe he has struggled internally).

However, I was expecting something, anything, just a tiny acknowledgement of the larger transgender community and how much they struggle. I realize this interview was about him, yes I do. But yet at the same time he made sure to many MANY times how he wants to "change the world," how he is doing all of this to "help people," and how he is hoping some good can come of this for others.

If it were a slightly less arrogant person, I think they would have said something like, I'm not here to speak for other transgender people, this is just my own journey and I can only speak to that. There are MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUFFERED A LOT MORE THAN I HAVE. There are people who have been bullied, beaten up, shamed, and even killed for just being who they are. So I don't pretend to speak for others, I am only conveying what I have gone through. My heart feels for them, my heart breaks for them.

Yes he did say a whole lot of I, I, I, me, me, me. How about for one minute acknowledging the poor souls who have literally spent every night crying themselves to sleep, who went through years and years of being bullied at school and other places? Those are the people I feel sorry for, not so much Bruce Jenner.

The part where he called out his former Russian competitor for being fat, "overweight" he said with a laugh and out-of-shape. Hello, you are really saying that in the very same chair you are admitting you are in the process of becoming a woman? I thought that sort of unguarded moment showed some of his true character.

I don't understand why he's making a big deal. He is known to call the paps as the rest of his family and has agreed to be on the reality show with cameras for years. Isn't he also doing a reality show on his transition? My point is. He can't have it both ways.

bbm

Was that pun intended or unintended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members