GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
RS&BBM

Because I clearly have no self control, I didn't heed your advice. Bad me. That site is horrible and I too am really, really thankful for WS. It's like night and day.

Sometimes you just have to go to other places to appreciate what you have. I tell my sweet (and very spoiled) doggies that all the time. When they misbehave I offer to take them on a field trip to the pound to see how other dogs live.

It was pretty gross, for sure.

RS&BBM

Because I clearly have no self control, I didn't heed your advice. Bad me. That site is horrible and I too am really, really thankful for WS. It's like night and day.

Sometimes you just have to go to other places to appreciate what you have. I tell my sweet (and very spoiled) doggies that all the time. When they misbehave I offer to take them on a field trip to the pound to see how other dogs live.

LOL! Oh, no! Maybe I made it worse with my post! I had no desire to increase curiosity!!!!! I am normally an advocate of checking out every source of info and making one's own evaluations rather than relying on others but I promise, that page is garbage. I hate the idea that those kinds of sites exist and there are people making money off of them. I feel oogey having read through. I want to clean my web browser history and cookies now (like a scrub up Silkwood-style shower for my laptop).

Thanks for the LOL. Literally. That's what I get for going out of town for a week. :)

I have a hard time catching up, too. I try to stay away for a day or two at a time as I feel like this is just dragging but then when I do, I come back to find I apparently missed something important!

I have a hard time catching up, too. I try to stay away for a day or two at a time as I feel like this is just dragging but then when I do, I come back to find I apparently missed something important!

Exactly. And a lot of time I just need a break from the heartache. It is so easy to get caught up and completely swept away with the different cases. I don't know how LE, MEs, and others who do this full time actually do it. They must be very good at letting work be work, and home be home. It is absolutely fascinating to me, and the criminal mind is something I want to understand and know more about. But at what cost? kwim?

No update on the bond hearing? I keep searching but yet I do not find.

Thank you!!

From your link

In court Wednesday, a prosecutor said new medical examinations revealed the daughter was born on drugs and has a condition called Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. The U. S. National Library of Medicine defines the condition as "a group of problems that occur in a newborn who was exposed to addictive opiate drugs while in the mother’s womb." The prosecutor also said Paul Thomas told a magistrate that he smoked marijuana regularly for 15 years including the time Noah was missing.

Paul Thomas' lawyer argued that he has no violent criminal history and that allowing him to be released on bond would allow him to enter a drug treatment program. Thomas' lawyer also said he needed better access to Paul so they could review the 30 hours of recorded investigator interviews. Paul Thomas is kept in isolation for 23 hours a day at the New River Valley Regional Jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In court Wednesday, a prosecutor said new medical examinations revealed the daughter was born on drugs and has a condition called Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. The U. S. National Library of Medicine defines the condition as "a group of problems that occur in a newborn who was exposed to addictive opiate drugs while in the mother’s womb."

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...oah-thomas-to-seek-bond-on-wednesday/32633726

That's new info to me! So the little one was born addicted. Poor baby.
I'm pleased that bond has been denied on both of them.

From your link

In court Wednesday, a prosecutor said new medical examinations revealed the daughter was born on drugs and has a condition called Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. The U. S. National Library of Medicine defines the condition as "a group of problems that occur in a newborn who was exposed to addictive opiate drugs while in the mother’s womb." The prosecutor also said Paul Thomas told a magistrate that he smoked marijuana regularly for 15 years including the time Noah was missing.

Paul Thomas' lawyer argued that he has no violent criminal history and that allowing him to be released on bond would allow him to enter a drug treatment program. Thomas' lawyer also said he needed better access to Paul so they could review the 30 hours of recorded investigator interviews. Paul Thomas is kept in isolation for 23 hours a day at the New River Valley Regional Jail.

Sorry lawyer, but he's in a sufficient drug treatment program right now. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I have little to no respect for people who do drugs while pregnant and around children. That is incredibly self centered and irresponsible.

I am sickened by the latest news, a baby born drug addicted. Why wasn't these children removed from their drug addict parents? These helpless children didn't stand a damn chance....

I hope they lock these people away and throw away the key!!!

In court Wednesday, a prosecutor said new medical examinations revealed the daughter was born on drugs and has a condition called Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. The U. S. National Library of Medicine defines the condition as "a group of problems that occur in a newborn who was exposed to addictive opiate drugs while in the mother’s womb."

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...oah-thomas-to-seek-bond-on-wednesday/32633726

That's new info to me! So the little one was born addicted. Poor baby.
I'm pleased that bond has been denied on both of them.

So, our question is now answered that the mother is, or at least was a drug user. I can't imagine any mother using drugs such as that during pregnancy. That poor little baby! And little Noah too! Bless their little hearts.

One thing for sure, if she used the opiates while she was pregnant with little Abigail, she already had Noah. She couldn't take proper care of him then either This is so sad. It makes me feel so angry. Too bad the children weren't taken out of the home earlier...

"In court Wednesday, a prosecutor said new medical examinations revealed the daughter was born on drugs and has a condition called Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome." http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...oah-thomas-to-seek-bond-on-wednesday/32633726

I'm not sure how old their baby is, but if the above statement is correct and the baby still has NAS, then I'm definitely under the impression their baby was exposed to the drug/s for quite an extended amount of time prenatally and had developed a high tolerance and dependency. I'm very curious if it's "has a condition" vs. "had a condition".

Also, while I 100% agree with the judge's decision in denying him bail, why would the information presented in court about the baby being born on drugs and having NAS have to do with whether or not he's allowed bond? I don't think it strengthens the stance that he'd be a flight risk, nor do I think it strengthens the stance that he'd be a threat to the public. (Personally, I think he's a flight risk and it has nothing to do with their daughter . . . as in, I don't even think she's reason enough for him to stick around)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle