Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Bertha is a fiction of us here on WS, AFAIK. Imagine someone who sounds like they might be called "Big Bertha." This is not going to be an attractive svelte mouse of a woman! No Mrs. Tiggywinkle! Someone who just loves to throw her weight around on the likes of IT? The concept might have started with the cartoon of "breast enhancement" taking place by stretching the nipples that involved either the assistance of Big Bertha or slamming the nipples in the lockable prison cell doggie door. I have no idea who posted this cartoon: it made for some silliness!

However, there's a lot worse than Big Bertha at Lumley in PV: the notorious Angela (?) for starters. I'm sure we could dredge up some more names of inmates.

Thank you for telling that! Lolol you'll never know how many times I typed 'Bertha in Perryville' on Google and could find no Bertha at all!
I know about that disgraced Angela Simpson. Aye, I saw her in an interview on Youtube. Have no words for it. To know about these individuals takes its tool that's all I know. It's scary indeed.

Anyway, I wish there are many 'Berthas' waiting for miss arias - lol - when she is amongst the other inmates :gaah:

FelicityLemon

That entire Holmolka Sweet Deal fiasco - a deal was cut for her if she testified. She got the deal cemented BEFORE it was discovered she was just as involved (even worse in my view) as her creepy husband. They found video tapes of her raping girls. She actually snared and brought victims, including her little sister, to her husband.

Talk about evil - those two were a perfect couple To me it's unbelievable she has had a new family and wonderful life for so many years now.

Yes, I read about the deal. But what I fail to understand is why after the tapes were found she didn't have a new trial or the sentence changed. At the time of the deal the police didn't have the vídeo tapes. It's unbelievable!

That entire Holmolka Sweet Deal fiasco - a deal was cut for her if she testified. She got the deal cemented BEFORE it was discovered she was just as involved (even worse in my view) as her creepy husband. They found video tapes of her raping girls. She actually snared and brought victims, including her little sister, to her husban

Talk about evil - those two were a perfect couple :( To me it's unbelievable she has had a new family and wonderful life for so many years now.

Yes, you're correct. I have seen several stories on this. Karla got the deal,before the tapes were discovered. IIRC,the Canadiens were outraged,but there was nothing that could be done.

Originally Posted by nrdsb4:
So there's no transcript available of the whole thing? I was hoping to read the various statements, Jodi's as well. It's hard to hear her, and quite frankly, I get nauseated listening to her talk. I think I might be able to stomach her statement better if I just read it.

I posted it. :)

The link you provided shows that Mr. Nurmi's request was granted. I don't see anything which provides a transcript of the various statements, just that they made them. Am I missing it?

The link you provided shows that Mr. Nurmi's request was granted. I don't see anything which provides a transcript of the various statements, just that they made them. Am I missing it?

Let's try to clear this up. No one has said there was a transcript of the whole day, AFAIK, but you continue to ask for one. Court transcripts are being done but nothing released yet. The only mention of a transcript was in one reply to your statement that JSS had taken Nurmi's request under advisement. She informed you that that he had been released at some point after court that day, but she couldn't remember the source. She said it may have been in an news article or blog that included a transcript - meaning a transcript of JSS's order to release Nurmi. Others later clarified the source and quoted it for you. There is no transcript of the day available that anyone has seen, but we do know the official transcripts will be released at some point in the future. HTH

Let's try to clear this up. No one has said there was a transcript of the whole day, AFAIK, but you continue to ask for one. Court transcripts are being done but nothing released yet. The only mention of a transcript was in one reply to your statement that JSS had taken Nurmi's request under advisement. She informed you that that he had been released at some point after court that day, but she couldn't remember the source. She said it may have been in an news article or blog that included a transcript - meaning a transcript of JSS's order to release Nurmi. Others later clarified the source and quoted it for you. There is no transcript of the day available that anyone has seen, but we do know the official transcripts will be released at some point in the future. HTH

There is zero reason for you to be so snarky. When I mentioned I would like to read the actual statements given, Ellie Mae responded "I posted it." I thought there might be a link that I was not noticing. Chill out.

I did not find LinTX to be snarky. I think she is just trying to move past this. Nurmi IS out, but he still was required to file the appeal probably because he was the lead lawyer on the case, but he will NOT be continuing for the restitution hearing. At least that is my take on it. I remember watching the coverage of that moment when he asked and later when it was granted. Sometimes it's hard to "read" inflection in a text and when someone thinks that another is not understanding what is being posted they try to explain. That is how I took LinTX post. JMHO

There is zero reason for you to be so snarky. When I mentioned I would like to read the actual statements given, Ellie Mae responded "I posted it." I thought there might be a link that I was not noticing. Chill out.

A poster by the name of wendiesan typed out all of the victim statements that were read to the judge in one of the previous threads. Maybe you could do a search of her posts to find it.

I know I'm pretty much silent around here. (I do lots of reading and "thanking" all your wonderful, insightful posts though! ) But is it weird that I'm kinda sad that there's only 167 posts in this thread and I have no trouble keeping up reading here? Not sure if that means I simply have "no life" (lol) or if I should seek out a new case to get addicted to. :-/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I know I'm pretty much silent around here. (I do lots of reading and "thanking" all your wonderful, insightful posts though! ) But is it weird that I'm kinda sad that there's only 167 posts in this thread and I have no trouble keeping up reading here? Not sure if that means I simply have "no life" (lol) or if I should seek out a new case to get addicted to. :-/

Yeah lots of people have moved on to other trials, but hey, it's better than not being able to keep up!!! We're still here. Noone can tell us to move on unless WS decides to archive the forum.

No, I think that what you are feeling and thinking is very normal. I want the super secret transcripts and the bright light of day to shine on this long, dark trial. I want the restitution hearing to nail these grifters- the whole lot of them- the ring leader included.

I want her "loving" family to NOT spew more lies and make a profit for the murderer (or themselves) and then I went it all to go away.

It's going to be awhile.

I will pay attention to the WDS for Rebecca Zauhau, The McStay family murders, and a few others I have kept a watchful eye out for over the years- how sad- and Erin Corwin- sweet girl.

Glad you chimed in here.

I want to hear from Matt McCartney so badly, at times I have considered tracking him down myself!

Hope you post your thoughts more often!

No, I think that what you are feeling and thinking is very normal. I want the super secret transcripts and the bright light of day to shine on this long, dark trial. I want the restitution hearing to nail these grifters- the whole lot of them- the ring leader included.

I want her "loving" family to NOT spew more lies and make a profit for the murderer (or themselves) and then I went it all to go away.

It's going to be awhile.

I will pay attention to the WDS for Rebecca Zauhau, The McStay family murders, and a few others I have kept a watchful eye out for over the years- how sad- and Erin Corwin- sweet girl.

Glad you chimed in here.

I want to hear from Matt McCartney so badly, at times I have considered tracking him down myself!

Yeah lots of people have moved on to other trials, but hey, it's better than not being able to keep up!!! We're still here. Noone can tell us to move on unless WS decides to archive the forum.

Thanks for the feedback! I usually don't have anything new to add to the conversation. It's just reassuring to find others so drawn to true crime and who want so badly for justice to be served to those who commit these awful crimes. Most people in my "real" life think there's something seriously wrong with me because I've always felt my dream job would be becoming a criminal profiler for the FBI. (I think my fascination started in high school with books like "Helter Skelter" and "Small Sacrifices". )

It's going to be awhile.

Glad you chimed in here.

Matt McCartney would probably lie if he were interviewed. I don't trust this guy. He was willing to help her out with the smuggled magazine codes. I think he's probably still afraid of her, feels lucky to be alive. Bobby Juarez wants nothing to do with her. He knows how nuts she is.

Thanks for the feedback! I usually don't have anything new to add to the conversation. It's just reassuring to find others so drawn to true crime and who want so badly for justice to be served to those who commit these awful crimes. Most people in my "real" life think there's something seriously wrong with me because I've always felt my dream job would be becoming a criminal profiler for the FBI. (I think my fascination started in high school with books like "Helter Skelter" and "Small Sacrifices". )

DD & DH already think that of me. I watch alot of Dateline and 48 Hours reruns on ID channel when I'm not on WS. I grew up not far from the Manson murders/compound.

DD & DH already think that of me. I watch alot of Dateline and 48 Hours reruns on ID channel when I'm not on WS. I grew up not far from the Manson murders/compound.

Woah-I think it would creep me out WAY too much to live that close to where Manson thought up his evil deeds. Way too much bad energy on that compound, I would imagine.

Gotta love all the TV shows you mentioned too. --Don't think I get the ID channel though. Might have to look into that one! ;-)

:drumroll::jail::drumroll:

The current fund total, as of May 1st, 2015 is:

$55,392.55

Stupid people do stupid things, GIVE, GIVE TIL' IT HURTS!!!! At this slow rate, looks like no "future" appeals will come her way. Oh hell, I forgot.... she will walk out of PV with time served as soon as the state funded appeal finds in her favor... LMFAO. :scared:

Another ridiculous statement made by the killer at sentencing was how she would disappoint her many "friends and family" if she were to ask for the death penalty. She made a point of listing her nine uncles, blah blah blah (during which the baby cried and the murder sent a look to kill in the child's direction)yet none of them were concerned enough to make the trip from Yreka to stand in support of the killer nor her mother. What a bunch of bullcrap.
Also, I have noted that the killer states the word "I" so frequently in all of her conversations. This reaffirms to me how totally self centered she really is. It's always all about her. She is the center of her own universe. She disgusts me.

Woah-I think it would creep me out WAY too much to live that close to where Manson thought up his evil deeds. Way too much bad energy on that compound, I would imagine.

Gotta love all the TV shows you mentioned too. --Don't think I get the ID channel though. Might have to look into that one! ;-)

I don't know if I should contribute to anyone else's obsessions, but I will and I'll call it "sharing" lol! I've been watching marathons of 48 Hours, Forensic, etc. MARATHONS via youtube. I haven't had cable for years (not my choice) and was beyond delighted to rediscover these shows. The quality isn't always good, but it's totally watchable. :D

Not having cable, one thing I miss very much is that fabulous voice of cutie pie Bill Kurtis! Yyyeah... don't judge me. We all have our weaknesses and he's one of mine, DH teases me when BK comes on the weekend PBS radio show.

:seeya: :blowkiss:

Lol. Remember how last week we had a discussion about the word th** rhymes with "hug"? Because it got 'putersnipped? Well, I just heard the same discussion on NPR!!! Different folks weighing in on its meaning and who it might apply to, and the unfortunate fact that it has been co-opted to be equivalent to the N-word. That's certainly not a usage I had ever thought of, but I guess that's why I got 'putersnipped. The word has come up more often in the press recently to describe the hooligans who have been looting in Baltimore. That's how I would use it as well. It never occurred to me that t*** would be used in a derogatory sense for people of color: I just thought it applied to anyone who uses physical intimidation to harass or steal from another.

I was kinda hoping the Perryville Princess has a a gaggle of t***esses to bother her 'til the end of time.

:drumroll::jail::drumroll:

The current fund total, as of May 1st, 2015 is:

$55,392.55

Stupid people do stupid things, GIVE, GIVE TIL' IT HURTS!!!! At this slow rate, looks like no "future" appeals will come her way. Oh hell, I forgot.... she will walk out of PV with time served as soon as the state funded appeal finds in her favor... LMFAO. :scared:

' we will be victorious in our quest for justice for jodi. Never question it. Never doubt it. Prepare for it.'

:lol: :floorlaugh: :lol: :floorlaugh: :lol: :floorlaugh: :lol: :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members