AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We believe this to be an isolated case," said Sgt. Ben Hoster with the Scottsdale Police Department. "We believe that Allison knew her attacker"

Yes.

http://www.12news.com/story/news/12-news/2015/03/14/12news-scottsdale-murder-mystery-allison-feldman/70318816/

<snipped>

"We believe this to be an isolated case," said Sgt. Ben Hoster with the Scottsdale Police Department. "We believe that Allison knew her attacker, that she was targeted."

While there is still some fear, the information is reassuring for people who live in the neighborhood near Pima and Thomas roads where Feldman was murdered."

________

imo

A neighbor who was infatuated with her. She probably was friendly enough to open the door when she saw him. Reason being she was from the upper Midwest and everyone interacts with their neighbors there. It's a given. I know I lived there for many years. "Always be nice to your neighbors".
On another note, in my youth, I read every Nancy Drew book there was. I wanted to be a detective but thought only men could be that. Sigh. LOL. Now I know different..
It's not like that just in the Midwest. I live in a suburb of NYC and that's what my neighborhood is like. Just about everyone is friendly and helpful. People bring up garbage pails for each other and snowblow the elderly neighbor's driveways. I wouldn't hesitate to open my door to one of my neighbors. Maybe, I should be more careful, LOL

It's not like that just in the Midwest. I live in a suburb of NYC and that's what my neighborhood is like. Just about everyone is friendly and helpful. People bring up garbage pails for each other and snowblow the elderly neighbor's driveways. I wouldn't hesitate to open my door to one of my neighbors. Maybe, I should be more careful, LOL

It's not all that unfriendly here, actually.

A few years back I had someone ring my doorbell late one afternoon. It was a guy I didn't know. I opened my door and he told me his mother lived down the street and he needed to pick her up from the airport and needed $20 bucks for a cab because he'd lost his wallet.

So I went and got it for him. He told me he'd pay me right back.

Never saw him again.

Have no idea who the neighbor lady was. LOL!!!

I live alone and do not open my door at night for anyone.
Much less a lone male, even if a neighbor. And I have a dog. They can try someone else.
Jmo I don't see her opening the door if it was late at night and/or after dark. Not sure she knew anyone nearby well enough to feel comfortable.

I was just thinking. It is so odd that there were no signs of forced entry and so we naturally assume that Allison let them in. imo And also, LE states they think it was someone she knew so that causes us to double up on that assumption. imo

But maybe we're wrong! 'Maybe' the reason LE isn't saying they know what time the perp arrived is because it might be possible the perp might have already been in there. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if their (LE) time frame is between 8:00 p.m. and 1:05 a.m. then could it be possible the perp was already inside Allison's house before that time frame? imo

Could this possibly be why?

imo

I've had the same thought, MissD -- that "he" was already in there. If so, the intruder could be a known-but-not-well-known neighbor, or a neighbor she didn't know but who had watched her for a while to learn her habits, or a total stranger who had followed her to her house on a previous day. "He" would have know a ruff idea of her daily comings & goings, seems to me, to make sure she didn't always come home with someone, and so that "he" wouldn't have to lay-in-wait for hours. But someone waiting in the house for her is possible, but there is the security system issue unless "he" knew how to defeat it.

I live alone and do not open my door at night for anyone.
Much less a lone male, even if a neighbor. And I have a dog. They can try someone else.
Jmo I don't see her opening the door if it was late at night and/or after dark. Not sure she knew anyone nearby well enough to feel comfortable.

When I was at the community meeting I met a lot of folks who were her immediate neighbors. I didn't meet one single person who said they knew her. I think Luv was right when she said she hadn't lived there that long and worked, traveled too much to have time to get acquainted with her neighbors all that well.

And I've never lived in the Midwest, but my BF has and he and I were having a conversation not long ago with some of our neighbors and we were all talking about how much things have changed.

People are much more cautious these days. And Scottsdale is a melting pot. We have people living here from all over the country, all over the world for that matter.

It's not all that unfriendly here, actually.

A few years back I had someone ring my doorbell late one afternoon. It was a guy I didn't know. I opened my door and he told me his mother lived down the street and he needed to pick her up from the airport and needed $20 bucks for a cab because he'd lost his wallet.

So I went and got it for him. He told me he'd pay me right back.

Never saw him again.

Have no idea who the neighbor lady was. LOL!!!

Oh no, don't do that again! Thank goodness he just took your money and didn't try to rush in and hurt you.

It's not like that just in the Midwest. I live in a suburb of NYC and that's what my neighborhood is like. Just about everyone is friendly and helpful. People bring up garbage pails for each other and snowblow the elderly neighbor's driveways. I wouldn't hesitate to open my door to one of my neighbors.

And maybe that's how Allison felt.

Yes, the world has changed. I remember being out all day and coming home just to eat when I was little. Sadly, those days are gone and most parents feel they have to watch their kids at all times. I think if Allison have lived there longer,she would have eventually become a little friendlier with neighbors. Also, she didn't have children or a dog which would have made it more likely for her to be outside more.

Oh no, don't do that again! Thank goodness he just took your money and didn't try to rush in and hurt you.

I'm not going to anything that stupid again. But I do open my door to almost everyone. Not at night when I'm home alone, however.

Not.even.ever.

Yes, the world has changed. I remember being out all day and coming home just to eat when I was little. Sadly, those days are gone and most parents feel they have to watch their kids at all times. I think if Allison have lived there longer,she would have eventually become a little friendlier with neighbors. Also, she didn't have children or a dog which would have made it more likely for her to be outside more.

Yes! All of the above, including that she had a BF she was very occupied with, imo. New lovers like to spend a lot of time together and this normally doesn't include going around the neighborhood meeting all the neighbors. imo

Just sayin... :)

If it was someone "personal", by now they would have checked with her family and friends about anyone who would be suspicious. WHO would have seen her BF leave that night? Not a caller on her phone, that could easily be checked! Someone looking at her house and driveway? That's all I can think of.

I have immersed myself in this case because of knowing Allison's mom. I have read and watched so many resources to educate myself. Here's what I have learned: MOST of the time when the victim's face is covered, it's someone who knew the victim. RARELY, do murders occur in home invasions. MOST of the time when the crime is this violent, it is a crime of passion (therefore someone who knows the victim well). Lastly, LE has clearly stated that they believe she knew her attacker, so that the neighborhood should not worry. Therefore, the odds of it being a neighbor, in my opinion....are virtually improbable. IMO

Okay, I get beat up on the neighbor theory, but I don't see them coming up with anyone else! Two and a half months... long time.

Yes! All of the above, including that she had a BF she was very occupied with, imo. New lovers like to spend a lot of time together and this normally doesn't include going around the neighborhood meeting all the neighbors. imo

Just sayin... :)

She doesn't have to get to know the neighbors. It could have been just a smile and a wave to someone and she recognized the face.

I have immersed myself in this case because of knowing Allison's mom. I have read and watched so many resources to educate myself. Here's what I have learned: MOST of the time when the victim's face is covered, it's someone who knew the victim. RARELY, do murders occur in home invasions. MOST of the time when the crime is this violent, it is a crime of passion (therefore someone who knows the victim well). Lastly, LE has clearly stated that they believe she knew her attacker, so that the neighborhood should not worry. Therefore, the odds of it being a neighbor, in my opinion....are virtually improbable. IMO

I Agree!

If it was someone "personal", by now they would have checked with her family and friends about anyone who would be suspicious. WHO would have seen her BF leave that night? Not a caller on her phone, that could easily be checked! Someone looking at her house and driveway? That's all I can think of.

As close as I remained to my parents all of their lives...they did NOT know much about my private life...less, even, once I moved out of state. I never told them about bad break-ups or stalkers, as they would only panic, and not be able to do much anyway. They would not have a list of names to give police, except for any official boyfriend.

My parents would have seriously freaked out if they had known what my life was really like after I moved away from home. Or who many of my friends or boyfriends were. I dated a member of the mafioso for awhile. And was that ever fun!

I think my mom still believed I was a virgin even after I had two children.

:)

Can't they get a warrant for it? Seems to me that camera is PRICELESS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288