Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #5

Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus' book will be released next month (4/28/15). You can preorder it on Amazon.

hardcopy: http://www.amazon.com/Hope-A-Memoir-Survival-Cleveland/dp/0525427651
ebook: http://www.amazon.com/Hope-A-Memoir-Survival-Cleveland-ebook/dp/B00OYXWLCT

Amanda and Gina will be giving their first ever TV interview 4/26/15.
More info here: http://www.clevelandkidnappings.com/apps/blog/show/43127655

Also, Michelle is on facebook and twitter.
facebook.com/imichelleknight
twitter.com/imichelleknight

Captive: A Journey of Hope and Survival was on tonight. . Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus book "Hope" is coming out. Robin Roberts did a good job interviewing these girls.

Captive: A Journey of Hope and Survival was on tonight. . Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus book "Hope" is coming out. Robin Roberts did a good job interviewing these girls.

I missed it! Will it replay or is to availabe OnDemand or on YouTube?

I'm reading Hope. It's very harrowing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonight (Saturday) at 8:00PM (EDT) on Lifetime:

Cleveland Abduction
(2015)

A single mother who becomes the first victim of kidnapper Ariel Castro finds herself trapped in his home for 11 years, where she eventually becomes a friend and sister to two other women who are taken captive by Castro.

I forgot about the time and missed the first hour of this movie.
I am taping the second showing now so I can watch it all tomorrow.
From what I saw, this movie is very good and seems to be keeping close to the real horror of this case.
I was crying at the end but very excited that the girls were finally free.

Tonight (Saturday) at 8:00PM (EDT) on Lifetime:

Cleveland Abduction
(2015)

A single mother who becomes the first victim of kidnapper Ariel Castro finds herself trapped in his home for 11 years, where she eventually becomes a friend and sister to two other women who are taken captive by Castro.

Watched this last night. Although I read everything about this story here, I could barely watch some of the earlier scenes with Michelle and that monster.

How is Michelle doing now, I hope she finds peace and much love ... sending love to her! :loveyou:

Never posted in here before but i have seen this on NG and The Dr Phil show I am sorry if this has already been brought up in here and iam not sure on the names of the girls but something i have noticed over N over is how come it's always the 2 girls against the one I believe its Michelle the one that is never included so much so that Dr Phil had to do 2 seperate shows one with michelle and now a new one with the other 2 girls . Does anyone know why the 2 girls never wanna be involved or seen on tv with the 3rd girl ?.

Never posted in here before but i have seen this on NG and The Dr Phil show I am sorry if this has already been brought up in here and iam not sure on the names of the girls but something i have noticed over N over is how come it's always the 2 girls against the one I believe its Michelle the one that is never included so much so that Dr Phil had to do 2 seperate shows one with michelle and now a new one with the other 2 girls . Does anyone know why the 2 girls never wanna be involved or seen on tv with the 3rd girl ?.

No one knows for sure. I think ultimately it's a matter of how they're all processing the trauma in their own ways.

I wonder if it the estrangement has to do with the other two being upset with Michelle over her recent behavior and actions. Perhaps she remembers events different and this is causing a rift. I hope Michelle the learns to move on and heals from her experience.

I'm near Cleveland, and I can tell you that the division only seems to create more sympathy for Michelle -- like, "Those other girls are being mean to her, leaving her out of the group!" (Of course, that's not what is being said...but implied.) I find it strange, since Michelle actually delivered Amanda's baby...you'd think there would be a bond there. But who knows what kind of mind games they were subjected to, and what was said or done?

Watched this last night. Although I read everything about this story here, I could barely watch some of the earlier scenes with Michelle and that monster.

How is Michelle doing now, I hope she finds peace and much love ... sending love to her! :loveyou:

She's doing great, apparently. She's really putting her life back together, and even has a boyfriend. I don't know what ever became of her name change, though....because she is still being referred to as Michelle Knight.

I too have been following this story closely and was hoping to see the film on May 2 when it was first broadcast. For once, Lifetime in Canada premiered the film on the same date at the same time as the US network but alas, I missed it. No repeat up here until June. :doh:

I'm curious how closely the film's plot mirrored actual events and how much dramatic license was taken...And I've read some mixed reviews of the film, although the actor's performances seem to have been met with universal praise, at least in the sources I read. A lot of the criticism seems to stem from the graphic violence - some calling it exploitative and just a ratings grab, although in fairness, had the film's producers chosen to downplay that aspect, I'm sure the film would instead be slammed for sugarcoating the story.

Anyway, I do hope I get to see it myself to form my own opinion!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back