NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

It's very possible that her vehicle went off the road and was never found. I know that people have searched the route. It would be difficult to see a black vehicle in a densely wooded area. What would it take to search the entire route again -- maybe by air? I'd be willing to donate some money towards a new search. I'm sure others would, too.

Reviving this thread.
Thought of this case today-- my dental hygienist was very good friends with Audrey. I believe she said she is the godmother of her kids, in fact.
I'm trying to look into other articles that are more clear on the stories.. it's been a while since I've been to the dentist and spoke with the hygienist about any of this, so I don't remember all of the case.

When they searched Jeff's house, I think I read somewhere they searched his home and his property three times?... Did the police find her keys, wallet, purse, phone, cigarettes, etc.?

Did the police try to get Jeff's father to take a polygraph? If so, why?-- I'm just wondering.

Did she have a cell phone? Does anyone know if it was with her? Did the police try to locate anything related to her by looking into the cell phone records? I believe there is a way to get a general location of someone or the phone if it is on via cell towers; which it is receiving signal to.

Still hoping for the best.
-Amanda

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I agree with you, TechWriter797. Looking at Google Maps, there are several creeks/rivers alongside densely wooded areas that could definitely keep a car hidden. I think it was an accident, especially since it was late at night, the weather was bad, and it sounds like there was low visibility. I hope that another search is done at some point.

"Time hasn’t eased pain of Greene County woman’s disappearance 13 years ago"

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-news/20150828/time-hasnt-eased-pain-of-greene-county-womans-disappearance-13-years-ago

“My thoughts haven’t changed much,” Court wrote. “I believe someone out there knows what happened to my mom and isn’t speaking up, which is heartbreaking. Also, I miss her very much. Thirteen years doesn’t make waking up not knowing what happened to your mom any easier. I often feel as if I have been robbed of one of the most beautiful things on this Earth — a mother’s love.”

AR-150829721.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Oh gosh, that article, that quote. So sad. :(
I'm happy that the news is mentioning her to (hopefully) stir up some ideas.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Police have new leads in Herron case

http://www.thedailymail.net/news/article_d630324a-17fa-11e6-bf37-275bef2175e6.html

CATSKILL — New York State Police are following up on some leads they have received regarding Audrey May Herron, the 31-year-old Freehold married mother of three, who disappeared 14 years ago this August.
“We are following several leads in the area,” said state police Senior BCI Investigator Peter Kusminsky on Wednesday. “We will continue to follow up on them until they’re exhausted.”

Thanks TBW for bumping this case with that update. I had never read about it before, and I hope that this tip is THE tip that brings her home. I hope her friend Marie is doing okay. What a heartbreaking situation for all her friends and family, especially her children. No family should have to wait so long for answers.

Some questions I have are: did she call from a cellphone or her work before leaving? I saw someone say they found her purse/cigs at home, but I couldn't find a source for that.

Also, do we have the address of her work and of her home?

That is one of the reasons I did post it. To keep her name out there. I am also from the area where she disappeared. I know that she worked in Catskill, in Jefferson Heights at a nursing home, don't know the exact address and she lived in Freehold. Here is another article from our local news. Gives a little information on the suspect.

Sources tell NEWS10 that this new lead centers around a person of interest who is currently in prison on another unrelated charge. In the past two days, investigators have searched a property and a pond in the Town of Catskill that is connected to that person of interest.

http://news10.com/2016/05/12/police...y-may-herrons-decade-old-missing-person-case/

Thanks! Ever since the missing gentleman from michigan(his name eludes me at the moment) went missing and was found 9 years later in his car in a pond near where he was last seen, and you could see the car on google earth, I like to go back to the furthest satallite images for that area and look for anything that seems to stand out if a person is missing with their car. And just knowing the general areas is good enough, thank you for the info and bringing this case back to the first page!

We have so many good hearted people here at WS. :loveyou:

We have so many good hearted people here at WS. :loveyou:

It truly is a community like none other! I've signed up at other forums ranging from dog topics to pregnant women, and I have never stuck around like I have with WS. Its amazing how many people want to help others, even when it means dedicating time for long shots with no recognition if you are right. People just wanting to help others because they can....in this day and age that is hard to find it seems!

That is one of the reasons I did post it. To keep her name out there. I am also from the area where she disappeared. I know that she worked in Catskill, in Jefferson Heights at a nursing home, don't know the exact address and she lived in Freehold. Here is another article from our local news. Gives a little information on the suspect.

http://news10.com/2016/05/12/police...y-may-herrons-decade-old-missing-person-case/
I was gonna link this! This is crazy I'm so glad they're releasing info. But at the same time I'm not sure that's good news for the case. :/

Haven't read anything yet, but immediately thought of you guys and wanted to share but ya'll beat me to it!

Edit: tbw, I'm in the area too. If it's the place I'm thinking of in Jefferson Heights, my gramps is there all the time. Freehold is a bit of a drive though, I thought she lived in Greenville. My hygienist at the dentist in Greenville was very close friends with her and would express how weird and hurtful this was for her. So awful. :(

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The cold case of Audrey May Herron may be getting warmer by the day.

As NewsChannel 13 first reported Thursday night, multiple sources say this case could end soon with the naming of a suspect.

The person of interest served time in a sexually-related crime in the 1990s and now is serving time for fraud. However, the state police are staying silent for now, which makes the family very nervous and anxious.
http://wnyt.com/news/audrey-may-herron-new-leads/4137302/

I imagine with the above info locals can easily deduce who they may be looking at...I wish we knew where they were doing searches.

Search for Audrey May Herron continues

NYS Police have currently closed a section of Cauterskill Road, County Route 47, between Vedder Mountain Road and north of Paul Horn Road, and are reportedly conducting an extensive search for Audrey May Herron in the area of a small pond east of Cauterskill Road, about a half mile south of the Vedder Mountain Road intersection, shown here. Herron has been missing since finishing her shift at the former Greene County Long-Term Health Care Center, in Jefferson Heights, on Aug. 29, 2002. More information will be posted as it becomes available. Follow reporter Roger Hannigan Gilson on Twitter at @hannigangilson.

http://www.thedailymail.net/breaking/article_a46a152a-1c49-11e6-bee2-db19db523f3f.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back