GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the hotel room rumor was true (that they stayed there) but the rumor that they trashed the place, had wild parties, etc is either not true or not confirmed.

I think this is what I find curious: "A source close to the investigation interviewed for this report confirmed that during the initial stages of the investigation, the county paid for White and Thomas to stay in the hotel room.
However, after authorities became suspicious about what Thomas and White were telling them, the county stopped paying for the room."

Why would they have them leave their home to begin with? Does anyone know of any other missing child cases (actual missing child...not missing child that later turned out to be killed by parents/family/persons in the home) where the family was asked to leave the home at the outset of the investigation? And I seem to recall that they were not on "house arrest" but their movements were "restricted" - I thought we were told restricted to their own home bu clearly not.

What made LE realize the story was not on the up and up - days in to the investigation? I wonder how many days in? The day they admitted they left the kids at home? Or did something else come up that we just don't know about yet?

Glad we have more info and glad reporters like Cameron Austin are still probing. But, for me, this is just more affirmation that this will be a sad and messy case. I think more tangles and snags will come to light.

Here's one part of the article I posted that I think is interesting...

"A source close to the investigation interviewed for this report confirmed that during the initial stages of the investigation, the county paid for White and Thomas to stay in the hotel room.

However, after authorities became suspicious about what Thomas and White were telling them, the county stopped paying for the room."

EXCELLENT CROSS POST :) I did a double take at first as I thought I had accidentally posted twice.

So to summarize, they rented a hotel room during the investigation and the county paid for it until their involvement in the investigation became suspicious (which was at what point considering the removal of baby A was very quick)? Then they damaged the room by smoking in it?

Or they were smoking in it all along but the charges for damages went to the last card on file which was their debit card, not LE.

Or they were smoking in it all along but the charges for damages went to the last card on file which was their debit card, not LE.

Yes. My "then" seemed to indicate that I thought they smoked after they had to pay for it but I guess I was just meaning, they rented a room and smoked in it.

Yes. My "then" seemed to indicate that I thought they smoked after they had to pay for it but I guess I was just meaning, they rented a room and smoked in it.

:) I get that now. Sorry - I am in a very literate frame of mind today!!!!

I wonder why LE would rent a non-smoking room if they were known smokers? And were others allowed to visit them in the room when LE paid for it? If they were not on "lock down" as previously suggested, then were they allowed to have friends and family visit the hotel room - especially once they were paying for it themselves?

I am so confused as to why they were in a hotel room in the first place! I don't know what I would want in that situation since I have never experienced it but I would speculate that I would be most comfortable at home in case he had gone astray, I would be there for his return.

"A source close to the investigation interviewed for this report confirmed that during the initial stages of the investigation, the county paid for White and Thomas to stay in the hotel room.

BBM

I agree. That caught my attention immediately.

Also, why would they have been removed from the home initially? Would they remove them to conduct a search of the premises? That is really strange.

I am so confused as to why they were in a hotel room in the first place! I don't know what I would want in that situation since I have never experienced it but I would speculate that I would be most comfortable at home in case he had gone astray, I would be there for his return.

I know they'd have to drag me away if my child was missing and I thought he'd be returning.

However, after authorities became suspicious about what Thomas and White were telling them, the county stopped paying for the room."[/QUOTE]

BBM

I agree. That caught my attention immediately.

Also, why would they have been removed from the home initially? Would they remove them to conduct a search of the premises? That is really strange.

Thanks for this information, AnnaGrace. I can only go by TV shows that I've watched. I don't think it's uncommon for LE to request people to leave their house while it's being searched. I'm sure one of the WS posters might know if I'm correct.

M

Thanks for this information, AnnaGrace. I can only go by TV shows that I've watched. I don't think it's uncommon for LE to request people to leave their house while it's being searched. I'm sure one of the WS posters might know if I'm correct.

Thanks Luvrosco and I'd love to take credit, but wvsoccermom brought that info over to us from this link.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/no...b21f42e61.html

And the only reason I can think of that they'd be moved to a hotel is for a search of the home. So maybe it isn't so unusual.

There is an unofficial update by a certain ex-reporter posted this morning too.

Interesting indeed. What he posted makes sense, if it's true. It would possibly explain why AW still had custody of the children and also confirms my suspicion about how Noah died.

There is an unofficial update by a certain ex-reporter posted this morning too.

his reports are absolutely completely slanderous and i would not trust them at all. he's not a reporter anymore, he got fired. and his reports could potentially be very damaging to a trial. wait for actual credible sources before believing his rumors.

Just a reminder - Orly is no longer employed by the new organization he was with so anything from his Facebook page rates as rumor and should not be given much airplay here. Thanks :)

I can't be the only one that is actually relieved to know that AW & PT were in a hotel while Noah was missing, right? Being thrown into the septic is bad enough, but knowing that they weren't flushing onto his body for 5 days is somehow a relief.

I can't be the only one that is actually relieved to know that AW & PT were in a hotel while Noah was missing, right? Being thrown into the septic is bad enough, but knowing that they weren't flushing onto his body for 5 days is somehow a relief.

Yes, yes, yes! They should have been behind bars those 5 days but anything beats them being in the home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I missed it, but WHY did LE put them up in a hotel?

You didn't miss it. They didn't say. That is the million dollar question...why?
I bet it was because PT and AW asked for it. They probably said they didn't want to be bothered with reporters and such. Also they most likely couldn't take the thought of using the bathroom at home.
The part about them "trashing" the room doesn't interest me at all. I don't think they were partying in there. They smoked, big deal. I want to know why they were even there. Nothing on earth would make me leave my home if my child was missing.

Great question to which no answer has come.

Guess I will be using old English now. Our questions hath no answers, merely betrayal is set upon us.

IMO, the million dollar question is what was Noah's COD?? How flipping long does it take for them to get the tox results back??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3