GUILTY AR - Jersey Bridgeman, 6, raped & murdered, Bentonville, 20 Nov 2012 #1

Any chance of WAT or a local station live-streaming this trial?

Any chance of WAT or a local station live-streaming this trial?

i'm hoping so, i would love to follow this trial........

i've followed this case from the beginning elsewhere and just found the thread here so i'm going to go back and read it here to get the "local" prospective..........

looking forward to seeing justice for jersey after all this time, her sweet little face has stuck with me from the beginning....bless her little heart......:rose:
JerseyBridgemanheadshot.jpg

Jury Selection Begins For Accused Child Killer

http://5newsonline.com/2015/05/08/jury-selection-begins-for-accused-child-killer/

BENTON COUNTY (KFSM) – Jury selection started on Friday (May 8) in Benton County Circuit Court for a man accused of killing and raping a six-year-old girl, officials say.

Holly, shown in the picture above, is charged with raping and killing Jersey Bridgeman, 6, in Bentonville in 2012. He faces the death sentence if found guilty.

eta.......please note.......at end of the article it states that the jury trial is set to start may 17th

Thanks, Bee! It looks like it's really going to happen.

SMH. Oh, that sweet little girl. And her little sister lost her big sister those many months ago. I hope she will be able to remember Big Sister Jersey as she grows up. And her mommy who worked so hard to hold onto what the three of them had together.

Let's hope & pray for justice for Jersey, her mom, her sister and the people of the State of Arkansas.

More local coverage: http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...tarts-bentonville-trial-2015/?f=news-arkansas

[Judge] Karren told the crowd that the state accuses Holly of entering Jersey's home for the purpose of kidnapping and raping her. Further, the state has accused Holly of taking the girl to an abandoned house with the purpose of engaging in sexual intercourse and then raping and murdering her, Karren said.Holly has denied the crimes, Karren said.

"The state is seeking the death penalty," Karren said. "These are serious issues. This is a serious case."

I don't believe it will be live streamed. I found the "court rules" for proceedings and it looks like no audio/video recording or broadcasting will be allowed.

http://circuit007.courtconnect.net/DocsDMS/Default.aspx?A=100/ck_image.present?DMS_ID=5f9ebe94-0070-41eb-9bd5-9e4c3c75b67a

I found all of his case information here (04CR-13-1):
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_setup_idx

If I can break away from work any during the trial I may try to go sit in for a day. Not sure that will be possible but I would love to go support Jersey's family.

Three jurors selected in Zachary Holly murder trial
May 11, 2015 at 12:54 p.m.

Two men and a woman were selected Monday morning to serve on the jury for Zachary Holly’s murder trial.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys began their questioning of prospective jurors on Monday. Some of the questioning have centered around the death penalty and the publicity that the case has received from the news media.

A pilot, a stay-at-home mother and a man who works in shipping and receiving have been seated on the jury.

Is anybody tweeting the case now? Maybe WAT -- they have twitter resources...

I'll check some stuff -- no guarantees!

ETA: I looked around -- there were, of course, several tweets under "#zacharyholly" so we should get some coverage. I didn't see anything really on WAT WRT Holly, but I would think WAT would track it when the trial gets underway. We'll have to wait & see, I guess. Let me say that I am still a novice at tweeting, so it would be nice for some smart tweeter to take a look, too.
icon7.png

I have been looking at our local station twitter feeds but I don't see anything regarding this case. I sent out a message to some of the outlets asking if they would have someone there but no responses yet.

Here's your case timeline:

Timeline of Holly case

• Nov. 20: Bentonville police receive a 6:43 a.m. call concerning the disappearance of 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman. Police find her body a short time later in an abandoned house nearby.

• Nov. 26: Police arrest Zachary Holly, a neighbor, in the homicide.

• Nov. 27: Funeral services for Jersey are held. A trusty attacks Holly in the Benton County Jail.

• Nov. 28: Holly makes first appearance in court. Circuit Judge Robin Green orders him held without bond.

• Jan. 2: Prosecutors file charges of capital murder, kidnapping, rape and residential burglary against Holly.

• Jan. 7: Holly pleads not guilty. Van Stone, then prosecuting attorney, announces he'll seek the death penalty.

• Feb. 12: Circuit Judge Brad Karren orders Holly to undergo a mental evaluation.

• March 27: Amanda Holly files for divorce from Zachary Holly.

• May 29: Judge orders Holly to undergo a second mental evaluation by a defense expert.

• Aug. 1: Judge grants Amanda Holly's divorce.

• Aug. 30: Holly is found fit to stand trial. His jury trial is set for April 15. Judge seals documents related to both evaluations.

• Nov. 20: Advocates release 50 balloons at the Children's Advocacy Center of Benton County to mark one-year anniversary of Jersey's death.

• Jan. 31: Judge postpones Holly's April trial after defense seeks time to obtain records from California Department of Human Services.

• May 9: Holly's July trial is reset to November. Defense wants more time to get records concerning Holly's childhood.

• Aug. 1: Judge denies defense motion seeking to suppress Holly's statements to police.

• Oct. 31: Judge removes one of Holly's attorneys, Pat Aydelott, from the case. Trial for Nov. 3 is canceled.

• Nov. 6: Judge accepts Bobby Golden as one of Holly's attorneys and sets trial for May.

• Feb. 6: Defense files second motion seeking to suppress Holly's statements to police.

• Feb. 19: Judge denies second attempt to suppress Holly's statements to police.

• April 15: Defense files motion seeking to suppress Holly's DNA sample.

• April 21: Judge denies motion to suppress DNA sample.

• May 8: Jury selection began.

Source: Staff report
NW News on 05/11/2015

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/may/11/jersey-s-death-20150511/

Beautifully done for us, Detector! That will be a great guide for us as the trial progresses. Thanks!

Well, this time I'm gonna post about it.

Kim Weber, an attorney in private practice in Rogers, said the defense has to make sure the case is about Holly, not the victim.

"A little girl has been killed in a horrible, horrible way, but this is not technically her trial," Weber said. "The trial is about the accused and whether or not he committed the crime and what punishment is available."

from: http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/may/10/state-seeks-death-penalty-in-holly-murd/?news-arkansas-nwa

I read the article the other day and was pizzed. Now I have read it again, and I am re-pizzed.

This trial is indeed about Jersey Bridgeman and what happened to her! The People of the State of Arkansas, represented by the Prosecution Team, seek justice for this little girl and her family.

The very idea!
icon8.png

Fifth juror selected for Holly murder trial

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/may/12/fifth-juror-selected-holly-murder-trial/?latest

Two more jurors chosen for Holly case

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/may/13/two-more-jurors-chosen-for-holly-case-2/

A retired Air Force colonel was selected Tuesday morning. A college student was selected from the last group questioned Tuesday afternoon. The two were chosen out of 12 prospective jurors.

Four jurors were selected Monday. The panel so far is made up of five men and one woman.

Attorneys have questioned prospective jurors three at a time during 90-minute sessions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back