Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't consider her courtroom attire to be "business clothes." She dressed in what I would consider to be casual apparel. But one has to consider that they had to be loose enough to hide her restraints...

I agree- her court clothes would be casual, but the only clothes even close to business attire I've seen her in. Despite she and Gus' testimony that she always dressed in a business-like fashion, I would think there'd be dozens of pictures of her '.dressed for success' , IMO. That's why I was asking if anyone had seen any - I haven't.
I also agree she would have to dress to hide her restraints, and JMO would have likely gone for something more form fitting. So I guess my point was really that her whole 'business clothes by the pool', and all was just more fibs - what a surpries, right? IMO, MOO.

I agree- her court clothes would be casual, but the only clothes even close to business attire I've seen her in. Despite she and Gus' testimony that she always dressed in a business-like fashion, I would think there'd be dozens of pictures of her '.dressed for success' , IMO. That's why I was asking if anyone had seen any - I haven't.
I also agree she would have to dress to hide her restraints, and JMO would have likely gone for something more form fitting. So I guess my point was really that her whole 'business clothes by the pool', and all was just more fibs - what a surpries, right? IMO, MOO.

I didn't regard Jodi's court clothes as anything close to business attire. They made her look dumpy: I'm sure that was the DT's intention.

The person who would know for sure if she'd ever dressed in business attire would be Abe, since he met her at a PPL function.

So, how does this work?

Arias has raised over 60K. Who takes precedence? Her appeals or the Alexanders?

Sorry, Canadian law is not the same as US. I mean come on, we let a guy who beheaded a 24 year out in society.

I stick around here because I want to know the outcome of the money trail and involvement of the so called mitigator.
I also stay because I want to know stupid things like how miserable and hot
she is and what kind of horrible food she is eating while I walk along a river bank and plan crablegs fir dinner.

I stick around here because I want to know the outcome of the money trail and involvement of the so called mitigator.
I also stay because I want to know stupid things like how miserable and hot
she is and what kind of horrible food she is eating while I walk along a river bank and plan crablegs fir dinner.

Me too, I want to keep track of how miserable her life is. I'm sorry, I know this sounds terrible,but I believe she is evil and has no remorse.

It will take 18 to 24 months for her first appeal to be decided, IMO, especially if it's done by a public defender. First the entire trial transcripts must be compiled and then each motion, all testimony, including the killer's pro se stints, pre trial motions, all evidence & exhibits must be reviewed by the appellate attorney to find any valid appellate issues. Then the appeal must be reviewed by
Juan's office who then files a response and then the appellate judges review it and decide if the appeal has merit. My guess is it will not be expedited as it is a LWOP case. In the interim, the killer will have to wait while the wheels of justice slowly turn.
Hope the commissary sells medication for gastrointestinal reflux disease.
If it were my daughter, I may think about spending some of the appellate fund on an independent attorney now vs later, but I don't know if the killer would be able to reestablish her indigent status once that money ran out. That is a question for an attorney. Otherwise, why don't they use it now?

There are some other factors going in OJ's case. He was acquitted of the murder. He had a significant life outside of jail/prison that his money was useful for. Even now, he is not LWOP, so his lifestyle can benefit from money in the bank.
Zapping Jodi's commissary fund is going to be much more impactful for Jodi's lifestyle than zapping whatever diddlysquat "fund" she has. And it will be zapped her whole life.

I agree with your entire assessment, RF, in particular this ^^^.

Taking the snacks out of her mouth, limiting what she can purchase, zapping her fund as quick as it is replenished, will hurt the killer the most. She will soon realize that she is not special. And that the powers that be in PV prison are not gonna care what she wants--what happens will be what they dictate, not her. She won't care as much about funds that she does not have access to collected by anyone on the outside; she's so far removed from that she will barely notice. She will certainly notice when something right in front of her face is snatched away.

Perhaps you should go back and review all the evidence and testimony. I think a lot of your suppositions and "holes to be poked" have already been addressed. For one, the drywall was removed right after Travis was found dead, not 6 years later.

I think the time devoted to helping innocent people behind bars is admirable. I would not waste your time or energy on CMJA. IMOO

LOL, I think his hallucinations might be better served by posting them on one of the butchering murderess' support sites (JAII comes to mind) They are always in need of more outlandish BS to set this "innocent" over-kill beast free. Although I try to respect all opinions, some are simply too out there to even try. They make my head numb!!!! :gaah:

And threaten to kill their family, when the only address on the Driver's License is a P.O Box!!!

Those ninjas are pretty intense dontcha' know? They would surely have memorized that P.O. Box, waited for her to come pick up mail, followed her to whomever's home she was sponging a room from and off the entire family. :facepalm:

Are you writing a book and just trying different scenarios to see which one would be believable? I’m not talking about a book about CMJA, just some type mystery novel?

Hopefully they are not Grammie. They sure need a good proofreader if so. I was almost ready to ask Wendiesan to transcribe those ramblings. :scared:

May 8th - $60,452.55
May 1st - $56,092.55
April 24th - $54,002.55

LMAO, there was way more than that raised to help the family of Travis with their expenses. I would have to search for the thread where KCL (IIRC) started a money drive, and it went viral. Does anyone recall the amount raised in just the one night? I need "A_NEWS_JUNKIE" for times like this. By the way... has anyone heard from her?

It will take 18 to 24 months for her first appeal to be decided, IMO, especially if it's done by a public defender. First the entire trial transcripts must be compiled and then each motion, all testimony, including the killer's pro se stints, pre trial motions, all evidence & exhibits must be reviewed by the appellate attorney to find any valid appellate issues. Then the appeal must be reviewed by
Juan's office who then files a response and then the appellate judges review it and decide if the appeal has merit. My guess is it will not be expedited as it is a LWOP case. In the interim, the killer will have to wait while the wheels of justice slowly turn.
Hope the commissary sells medication for gastrointestinal reflux disease.
If it were my daughter, I may think about spending some of the appellate fund on an independent attorney now vs later, but I don't know if the killer would be able to reestablish her indigent status once that money ran out. That is a question for an attorney. Otherwise, why don't they use it now?

I can see two scenarios:

1. Jodi wants all the "fund" money for her commissary trust, 'cos she has no way of getting anything substantial in there 'til the end of time. Ergo, stay indigent and get a free appeal, and keep all the rest.

I know, I know, she's told her groupies that if there are any leftovers, they're going to two charities. Ummmm, no charity is going to take the money: it's toxic. They sure don't want to do a St. Jude, with laundered money, no less. And then, since when has Jodi told the truth about anything? Her minions actually believe the money in her "trust" is beyond her reach? Bwahahaha! Jodi has told as many lies about money as any other topic: e.g. where she got her lavish pre-jail money supply, how much of TA's money she stole, how she could afford to rent cars, steal Travis' BMW and accidentally on purpose wreck i never anticipating he'd demand she pay him back, dye her hair, get brazilians, all those clothes she owned, all the makeup....

And then the money has her mother's hands all over it, not to mention MDLR's. Since the one messed around with the bankruptcy laws, and the other messed around with laws in general, they are just so really safe and trustworthy for folks to be relying on to keep their hands out of the till! NOT!

2. Jodi has decided she's going to lose the one free appeal she's permitted, and in order to go into the next round (i.e. post conviction relief), she will need a private attorney. But who's she kidding here? JSS would preside over "post conviction relief": no chance in hell that'll work. If anything, JSS will solifidy her position in the next few years: no way she's gonna reverse it! Start praying that JSS gets re-elected, folks.

Has anyone else seen that today JA filed a motion to reset the restitution hearing? Like she is so busy doing nothing that she can't fit it into her schedule? As per usual: delay, delay, delay...

Goodyear, AZ, USA
Monday 4:00 PM
Mostly Cloudy
undefined
96°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 8%
Wind: 9 mph

Goodyear, AZ, USA
Monday 4:00 PM
Mostly Cloudy
undefined
96°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 8%
Wind: 9 mph

Tomorrow in DC it will be our first 90 degree day of the year. It's really humid here, so 90 feels a lot hotter than it really is (DC was built on a swamp). Still, I have A/C -- not a swamp cooler!

Arizona Law recognizes what is called “Anders Law.” If Jodi asks for appointed counsel, she runs the risk of an “Anders Brief” being filed. This means that the appellate defenders office tells the court that they cannot in good faith file an appeal on her behalf because they found “no meritorious issues,” and then the court dismisses the appeal. She can still appeal after that, but she then also has to appeal the Anders Brief issue, which will weaken her case even more– before she can appeal, she will have to get counsel to argue that there are actually meritorious issues and that her case is not “wholly frivolous.” I’m not saying that this will necessarily happen, but if it does, it will just be another fun hurdle for Jodi. For more information, look-up “State v. Thompson – Supreme Court.”

Source

I can't reverse-engineer well enough to figure out how I came across this, but I find some of the comments of these former Perryville women very interesting:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/250946065075138/

ETA: Really, just one former resident sticks up for JA and is optimistic about her chances of one day being set free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge