CA - Dozens Arrested In Child Predator Sting Operation

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
Long Beach police arrested 38 men in a sting operation targeting predators using Internet chatrooms to find children under 14 with whom to have sex, authorities said.

"We want everyone to know that Long Beach police are enforcing these laws and if you're an adult trying to have sex with a child ... you will go to jail," Long Beach police Sgt. Lee DeBrabander told the Los Angeles Times.

Long Beach police arrested the men during the course of the three-day sting operation, which was conducted with the aid of national citizen watchdog group Perverted Justice and NBC's "Dateline" TV news magazine, which will air the sting in October, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reported.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9819019/detail.html

Way to go! That 38 more bombs waiting to go off that won't be getting any more children for at least awhile.

I notice that they're focusing more on guys going after underage girls than those targeting underage boys now. When they first started doing these shows it was a 50/50 hetero/*advertiser censored* mix. I wonder what the reasons for doing this are, since the men who target young boys tend to be far more prolific/repeat offenders?

Might just be chance, or what is out there or the ones that go after boys are more organized and NAMBLA is warning them about Perverted Justice actions.

For the sting, the volunteers pose as males or females, and it's just about who will hit on the bait.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I notice that they're focusing more on guys going after underage girls than those targeting underage boys now. When they first started doing these shows it was a 50/50 hetero/*advertiser censored* mix. I wonder what the reasons for doing this are, since the men who target young boys tend to be far more prolific/repeat offenders?
I think they are even further underground, the boylovers. They can masquerade as regular straight guys and regular gay guys, even date other adult males. I would bet that they are the worst re-offenders, based just on research I've done for my blog.

Steve

misterallgood said:
I think they are even further underground, the boylovers. They can masquerade as regular straight guys and regular gay guys, even date other adult males. I would bet that they are the worst re-offenders, based just on research I've done for my blog.

Steve
In any case, the ones Dateline catches appear to be the stupidest of the lot.

This news makes my day! I wish all LE agencies would periodically set up stings like this.

So one the scumbags is upset at being caught and says "How would you feel if somebody set you up?"....You have got to be kidding me!

And another one states he is glad it is over because he wants to get help....Why didn't he seek help before this?

I believe we all know that child predators will continue their evil deeds for as long as they possibly can....It is only when they are caught that they suddenly want help because it sounds good to the court system.

And what do you know....Another of the scumbags was previously arrested in a sting a few months earlier. Did that keep him from doing it again? No. Are we surprised....?:doh:

BillyGoatGruff said:
In any case, the ones Dateline catches appear to be the stupidest of the lot.
Especially the one caught twice by Dateline - that's bad (and why was he free????!).

mfmangel1 said:
This news makes my day! I wish all LE agencies would periodically set up stings like this.

So one the scumbags is upset at being caught and says "How would you feel if somebody set you up?"....You have got to be kidding me!

And another one states he is glad it is over because he wants to get help....Why didn't he seek help before this?

I believe we all know that child predators will continue their evil deeds for as long as they possibly can....It is only when they are caught that they suddenly want help because it sounds good to the court system.

And what do you know....Another of the scumbags was previously arrested in a sting a few months earlier. Did that keep him from doing it again? No. Are we surprised....?:doh:
Exactly:clap:

Details said:
Especially the one caught twice by Dateline - that's bad (and why was he free????!).
They've actually had two or three that have been netted twice.

If you go to PeeJ's website, on the main page, will show all the convictions. The Rabbi who was caught in the last sting, is going away for quite awhile. :clap:

There is no focus on one particular sex. Some pose as girls, some as boys. It all depends on the Predator and what 'kid' he chooses.

BTW, these stings will be shown on Dateline:

TCAP airdates - On your local NBC affiliate...
— Wednesday, Sept. 13, 8 p.m. - Georgia, pt. 1
— Friday, Sept. 22, 9 p.m. - Georgia, pt. 2
— Friday, Sept. 29, 9 p.m. - Petaluma California, pt. 1
— Friday, Oct. 6, 9 p.m. - Petaluma California, pt. 2
— Friday, Oct. 13, 9 p.m. - Long Beach California, pt. 1
— Friday, Oct. 20, 9 p.m. - Long Beach California, pt. 2

I try to watch the Dateline shows when they air, wish they did more of them!! IMO all parents should be watching and doing everything they can to make sure their kids are safe as can be from on-line preditors. The internet can be a wonderful thing but sadly there's a lot of evil that happens through it also.
The preditors always have so much denial when they're busted, saying they were only coming over to keep the poor kid company cause they were home alone... yeah right!

OB

applause.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith